• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i dunno, i play some high mechanics champions fairly ok and some of them took a bit getting used to but zed's style just doesn't really work in my head. i can't get him to click and it drives me insane

Try watching some "Things Faker Does" vids at 50% speed. You should find that everything he's doing seems perfectly logical and even predictable at that speed, which means that it's not that he's smarter than you, it's just he has the ability to evaluate the total situation and make those snap decisions at combat speed.

Unless he's still blowing your mind at 50% speed, then I dunno. He's actually not super smart or possessed of greater tactical acumen than other players. He makes a lot of mistakes in terms of big-picture thinking, target priority, etc. He's mostly amazing because he doesn't seem to miss anything that happens in a team fight and makes crazy tough decisions in a split-second.

So, you just need to steal his eyes.

Which would you say is better on Tryndamere:
Statik Shiv
Phantom Dancer

I have a set that can give Trynda a max of 95% critical, but when looking for an alternative to statik I find only Phantom Dancer would fit the bill.

Both are viable but shiv is better. Stronger waveclear which is good for Tryndamere because he likes to split push, plus your e charges the stacks on it which is nice. PD is good but Tryn makes good use of the Shiv proc, and the Shiv is cheaper, so it's the better item usually.

zkylon

zkylewd
Try watching some "Things Faker Does" vids at 50% speed. You should find that everything he's doing seems perfectly logical and even predictable at that speed, which means that it's not that he's smarter than you, it's just he has the ability to evaluate the total situation and make those snap decisions at combat speed.

Unless he's still blowing your mind at 50% speed, then I dunno. He's actually not super smart or possessed of greater tactical acumen than other players. He makes a lot of mistakes in terms of big-picture thinking, target priority, etc. He's mostly amazing because he doesn't seem to miss anything that happens in a team fight and makes crazy tough decisions in a split-second.

So, you just need to steal his eyes.

well i'm not aiming at playing like faker dude, there's just something about him that doesn't mesh well with my mind.

like, a lot of my favorite champions like ori or syndra i got them right away but others like thresh took me a while to really 'get'.

i don't get zed, i really don't like ad items all that much and always feel like i'm building the wrong thing and doing the combo wrong, i have no idea how much damage i can deal, etc.

like i understand lebonk's way more straightforward but i juke people and all that crap with her so it's not like i'm THAT old

Boken

Banned
well i'm not aiming at playing like faker dude, there's just something about him that doesn't mesh well with my mind.

like, a lot of my favorite champions like ori or syndra i got them right away but others like thresh took me a while to really 'get'.

i don't get zed, i really don't like ad items all that much and always feel like i'm building the wrong thing and doing the combo wrong, i have no idea how much damage i can deal, etc.

like i understand lebonk's way more straightforward but i juke people and all that crap with her so it's not like i'm THAT old

do u like fizz

Boken

Banned
OGN is on!
KTB v JAF
n then
something v XS

so theres ezreal and corki in this game too
whats with that? why have the trinity force adc come back in full force? especially corki. wtf.

Q_Q what happen

The only things you're likely to be missing on Zed:

1. Can you hit with multiple shurikens coming out of your Death Mark jump?
2. Can you get enough burst down to trigger your passive on an AA during Death Mark?

Those are your primary variables. The rest of it is pretty reliable for a given break point in items, especially since people have largely gotten out of the habit of hardcore itemizing versus Zed. (Most people continue their normal builds these days rather than rushing Seeker's Armguard, unless you're really terrorizing them.)

The success of 1 usually leads to 2, which almost always leads to dead. If you can trigger at least one passive-enhanced AA during Death Mark and drop Ignite, you can generally kill even through Barrier.

Build isn't really super variable. You pretty much always go for BotRK for the extra up-front burst and slow (which facilitates #1 and #2). The only real question mark is whether you need to get a Hexdrinker or whether you're snowballing well enough to rush straight for Brutalizer + LW.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only things you're likely to be missing on Zed:

1. Can you hit with multiple shurikens coming out of your Death Mark jump?
2. Can you get enough burst down to trigger your passive on an AA during Death Mark?

Those are your primary variables. The rest of it is pretty reliable for a given break point in items, especially since people have largely gotten out of the habit of hardcore itemizing versus Zed. (Most people continue their normal builds these days rather than rushing Seeker's Armguard, unless you're really terrorizing them.)

The success of 1 usually leads to 2, which almost always leads to dead. If you can trigger at least one passive-enhanced AA during Death Mark and drop Ignite, you can generally kill even through Barrier.

Build isn't really super variable. You pretty much always go for BotRK for the extra up-front burst and slow (which facilitates #1 and #2). The only real question mark is whether you need to get a Hexdrinker or whether you're snowballing well enough to rush straight for Brutalizer + LW.

what do you mean multiple shurikens

like your ult shadow q+your q?

basically when i ult as zed i just press every button in the keyboard :I

what do you mean multiple shurikens

like your ult shadow q+your q?

basically when i ult as zed i just press every button in the keyboard :I

Yes. Every shadow throws a shuriken, and an enemy can be hit by more than one shuriken (albeit only for half damage after the first). Overlapping the fields of fire can be hard, which is why slowing the enemy with BotRK helps quite a bit.

So, one of your considerations is if you need that extra damage to begin with (if you're fed and jumping an ADC with no Barrier you don't, so you can concentrate entirely on getting the most favorable shadow placement to disengage once the deed is done), and if so whether you're going to need to place a second shadow to get it because your Death Mark shadow is too far away.

Sometimes you need to completely maximize your damage to hit lethal, in which case you shouldn't be taking the chance unless you've got a favorable engagement (bush ambush, opponent just blew their important CDs on wave-clear, etc.). If you don't need maximized damage to go lethal, you can focus more on setting up your super-stylish exit strategy.

Edit: Champions opening looks like a commercial for Infamous: Second Son.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes. Every shadow throws a shuriken, and an enemy can be hit by more than one shuriken (albeit only for half damage after the first). Overlapping the fields of fire can be hard, which is why slowing the enemy with BotRK helps quite a bit.

So, one of your considerations is if you need that extra damage to begin with (if you're fed and jumping an ADC with no Barrier you don't, so you can concentrate entirely on getting the most favorable shadow placement to disengage once the deed is done), and if so whether you're going to need to place a second shadow to get it because your Death Mark shadow is too far away.

Sometimes you need to completely maximize your damage to hit lethal, in which case you shouldn't be taking the chance unless you've got a favorable engagement (bush ambush, opponent just blew their important CDs on wave-clear, etc.). If you don't need maximized damage to go lethal, you can focus more on setting up your super-stylish exit strategy.
hmm yea for sure i haven't been paying attention to whether my ult q's will land.

but actually thinking about it there's so much about zed that doesn't fit my playstyle. like i like ap and i like mana and he has neither. i don't play that many assassins either.

but i dunno, i feel like i can grab almost any mid and do ok with them, even if it takes me a little time, but yea it's like i owe it to myself to be able to play him at least moderately well

different topic different post
maybe we need an ogn thread?

pls no i hate tracking this many threads already :/

Tizoc

Both are viable but shiv is better. Stronger waveclear which is good for Tryndamere because he likes to split push, plus your e charges the stacks on it which is nice. PD is good but Tryn makes good use of the Shiv proc, and the Shiv is cheaper, so it's the better item usually.
Thanks.

I like going with this set:
Hydra>Statik>Youmu>Infinity Edge>Armor/GA
Boots is tricky, I either choose Ionian or go for Berserker's Greaves.
Any reason to choose BoRK though? I prefer Hydra due to attack boost.

Edwardo

I wonder if Flame likes Shyvana...

Thanks.

I like going with this set:
Hydra>Statik>Youmu>Infinity Edge>Armor/GA
Boots is tricky, I either choose Ionian or go for Berserker's Greaves.
Any reason to choose BoRK though? I prefer Hydra due to attack boost.

Yes! I don't even make Hydra on Tryndamere. Statikk Shiv then Blade of the Ruined king then Infinity Edge. Fit in Berserkers Greaves in there somewhere as well. After that just build what you need. Randuins against other AD, Banshees Veil against pokers and AP. Quicksilver Sash if you find yourself getting cc'ed. Throw a Last Whisper in the as well for some nice armor pen for your damage.

Boken

Banned
flame loves shitten on his lane opponent so i doubt he likes shyvanna

they should rebrand shyvana as nasus tho, seeing how these two are like the eternal proscene rivals.

Edwardo

flame loves shitten on his lane opponent so i doubt he likes shyvanna

they should rebrand shyvana as nasus tho, seeing how these two are like the eternal proscene rivals.

Nah I was just saying that because he played Shyv in his past five games.

Fracas

#fuckonami
After my first handful of games, here's my insta-ban list:

-Morgana
-Lux
-Soraka
-Sona
-Taric
-Hecarim
-Lulu
-Nami

garath

I don't normally complain about ARAMs. Seriously, they're just for working on mechanics and the occasional win when I don't have time to play a full game. I don't take them to heart at all but man last night I got frustrated. Two games in a row.

First game my team was: Warwick, Jarvan, Garen, Elise, Ryze vs the opponent: Heimer, GP, Nami, Mao, and Veiger.

The game was over in 12 minutes. It was so miserable. I think we had a total of 8 kills to their 50.

Second game my team was: Lucian, LeBlanc, Galio, Ezreal, Soraka. Yay right? Strong team?

the opponents....: Varus, Nidalee, Lux, Brand, Leona

Holy shit. We got abused so hard. The game actually went on longer because we'd eventually get a kill or two. But there was no way to win.

I've never been so miserable in ARAMs. Those two games completely made me hate the mode. I don't think I'll play them again.

Do you have a copy? Download keeps instantly ending so I end up with a corrupted file. The site says there are lots of copies out there with bundled malware.
I never upgraded from 1.0. I have to find the new version for myself as I want a few of those features. If I find a good link I'll let you know.

Boken

Banned
Pretty australian girl and stevewinwood's future wife cosplays katarina. more news at 11

league_of_legends___katarina__04__by_beethy-d7cqt6g.jpg

http://vera-chimera.deviantart.com/gallery/

GooeyHeat

Well, if Teemo's not as good as I feared, then I'd probably attempt to ban Soraka, Hecarim, and Karthus, correct?

Also, I played some Fiddlesticks. Terrify -> Dark Wind -> Terrify -> Dark Wind x infinity. Also being able to Dark Wind constantly clears minions in a second. Plus having a Crowstorm+Zhonya's all the time.

fun game guys

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
I once read a baseball player (I forget who) who said slumps never worried him, but hot streaks did. I always found that to be a little dumb. After 7 extraordinary games with Nocturne, raising myself from high silver 5 to silver 3 in the process, I understand it now.

I finally get to see why Soraka is permabanned.
soraka3atss4.gif

My permaban list:
- Hecarim - WTF damage even when built super tanky. I tried it once and went 19/1.
- Soraka - Not sure who can 1v1 her.
- Sona - Don't want to risk it.
- LeBlanc - Too many horrors from my first few games.
- Fizz - Like Yasuo except AP and hurts like hell.

I'm not sure on Skarner yet. I played with someone who absolutely dominated two games. Unlike Hecarim he just doesn't have a strong gapcloser against kiters.

Haven't seen a Taric or Karthus yet. I had a lot of fun with my Volley Ashe (lots of AD + gunblade for sustain + qss)

Blizzard

Banned
Why would you ban champions like that? Just don't ban them, clone yourself 2 times, and pick the 3 champions you would have banned for your team. If the other team gets them too, big deal, you already have them, and you're presumably a better player than the other team.

GooeyHeat

Why would you ban champions like that? Just don't ban them, clone yourself 2 times, and pick the 3 champions you would have banned for your team. If the other team gets them too, big deal, you already have them, and you're presumably a better player than the other team.
No one team should have all that power.

Repgnar

Only got to play a few games yesterday but there's too many champs to ban so it's just what you're willing to deal with. Jayce and Nidalee poke is too strong after a certain point. Sona and Soraka are just stupid with ap. Shaco, Wu Kong, and Fizz go evade or go invisi so much it's hilarious. Really enjoyed it, looking to play some more this weekend.

Yeah, I've played 2 URF games against LeBlanc and neither has been terrifying. Probably just not great players behind them, I guess, but one match I played Veigar and countered her pretty hard. She has to switch out of my lane after I got, like, 4 kills on her.

Leblanc is pretty squishy regardless of her chaining skills. All her abilities puts her in range of powerful pokes. It balances out.

Sona doe... she can be bursted, but insane in groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom