• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

How quickly can Katarina chain together her ults? If she jumps in and gets a kill, is it pretty much ready to go right away again? That could be downright silly.

Blizzard

Banned
How quickly can Katarina chain together her ults? If she jumps in and gets a kill, is it pretty much ready to go right away again? That could be downright silly.
Everyone is going to have rapid-fire low-cooldown stuns, knockbacks, flashes, infinite silence chains, and zhonyas though, so the ult is not the issue. If you play smart or have bad opponents or have enemy champions without reliable counters though, URF mode Katarina is still reasonably stronger than normal I think.

i have the theory that you'll feel different about it by then

people will invent a meta and ruin it, we all know it :(

People always invent a meta.

There's a version of Magic: The Gathering where you're only allowed to play one copy of each card, and you have to have 100 cards in your deck. It was literally designed to be a completely random pile of jank game mode.

There's still a meta.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes but the glorious inhouses!
yea i wonder how bad would it be if they just kept these modes enabled for custom games with like zero support.

like randoms will always tryhard these things for whatever reason so i think making these modes temporary is actually pretty genius, plus it doesn't divide the playerbase or gets abandoned like dominion or something. but having it available for custom games so you can like play with your friends sounds pretty harmless

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep, If stuff like Sona is already bad after a day, imagine making it permanent

We already have stuff like unlimited Brand stuns
i mean i have played like lebonk and lux because everyone's gonna want to try them (and they're some of my favorites) but like i've played other stuff like sivir and jax and cassiopeia and i think it ends up being way more fun because i dunno, it's goofy and dumb and you don't really care

like the first few hours were hilarious, just trying to land skillshots against people jumping all over the place and lasers and bombs everywhere, that's great

champions with heals like sona and soraka and nidalee are just boring to play against tho and i kinda wish rito had banned them as well.

new patch notes are out.

i'm probably just going to keep my rune pages the same for a while and if something super good emerges i'll change them.
ty

reading nowwww

gonna instalock mf tomorrow methinks

Does this mean patch within the next few days?
i think it's tomorrow

Neol

So are armor yellows still standard or will health become its new replacement?

Interesting buffs to heal, looks to counter ignite.

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't think rito actually thinks grago was feast or famine like rengar. he's kinda like ziggs, always useful since godly waveclear is never bad

if anything it seems like he'll be even worse in that aspect now since he won't be able to clear caster minions with a single barrel anymore.

like i seriously have no idea what grago will be in the future, there's really no good ap bruiser itemization afaik

edit: o wait forgot about the barrel dmg increase thingie so nvm about the waveclear. i always forget about the barrel dmg increase thingie.

So are armor yellows still standard or will health become its new replacement?

Interesting buffs to heal, looks to counter ignite.
probably hp will become standard

i think you might want armor as adc (because lifesteal), support (heals) and jungle (spirit stone), and then top/mid will be more situational.

i think someone ran down the numbers in reddit and armor was still stronger against physical damage but i think the margin was small enough you could get by with just hp

Leezard

So many changes. Distortion boots seem cool now and Heal might be useful in bot lane.

wow, vision from ignite? So much change.

A LIKELY STORY, RIOT :mad:

They really didn't gut her. They took away some of her free damage to prevent completely unfair trades, but left her entirely intact otherwise. Her team fighting utility and objective control is largely unchanged, she's just a little bit less of a lane bully at the 14-25 minute period.

Blizzard

Banned
Riot did finally hear my plea about changing the barrier icon color at least (unless I'm misinterpreting and they are only changing the effect).

Doesn't seem to be specific on whether or not the icon will change, but the in-game effect definitely will. There's no particles on the icon, after all.

So many changes. Distortion boots seem cool now and Heal might be useful in bot lane.

wow, vision from ignite? So much change.

I didn't think about it, but vision from ignite is pretty huge. You don't really have to put down a ward to get vision of a target running through bushes anymore.

Violet_0

Banned
so the current urf meta is q spamming Hecarim (banned most of the time) versus q spamming Skarner versus q spammig Eve with op supports like Sona and Soraka and everything else in between that just melts away

in other words, I just had the weirdest game

zkylon

zkylewd
man this patch is pretty huge

3 reworks, new runes, new items, op heal and a lot of balances.

also ziggs and lee sin nerfs in one patch

beauty

DeadNames

Banned
Lee Sin nerfs.

Youth_Praise.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
why isn't doa casting with monte anymore?

i like chobra but doa is doa

GD66G3S.png

kingpin looks badass.
i wonder if they'll update his splashes. hes no longer a squat triangle
well they haven't done it yet to nidalee so i wouldn't get my hopes up

also yea kingpin is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom