• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think fizz is overrated really. I think it's probably better to list what champs suck than what champs are OP. There's just way too many that are good in this mode.

Champs that I think suck in this mode:
Fiora
Nasus
Singed
Karthus
Teemo

Yasuo
Draven
Ryze*
Katarina*

*I mean they're still going to pubstomp the shit out of the no-MMR people you get matched with in this mode, they just don't really get much meaningful advantage out of the mode's buffs.

Nekofrog

Banned
just had a fizz game. definitely NOT over rated if your fizz mechanics are even decent.

I teleported into goddamn 4 of the enemy and got a quadra kill.

Ferrio

Banned
Yasuo
Draven
Ryze*
Katarina*

*I mean they're still going to pubstomp the shit out of the no-MMR people you get matched with in this mode, they just don't really get much meaningful advantage out of the mode's buffs.

No way you can pubstomp with Ryze, he's banned in this mode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Karthus is good. You can get two walls of pain down at once even and just leave his defile up all the time.
There is MMR for sure that comes in from somewhere else.

Blizzard

Banned
Think fizz is overrated really. I think it's probably better to list what champs suck than what champs are OP. There's just way too many that are good in this mode.

Fiora
Nasus
Singed
Karthus
Teemo
Someone suggested starting Nasus in this mode. With permanent slow and all of your autoattacks being Q boosted, someone suggested you can get something like 700 Q stacks by 15 minutes, though who knows if they were exaggerating.

Yasuo
Draven
Ryze*
Katarina*

Katarina has W every 0.8 seconds I think, and a shunpo every couple of seconds. It worked REALLY well in the one game I tried it, but maybe it just depends on the enemy champions.

There is MMR for sure that comes in from somewhere else.

I'm playing on my NA smurf so I can't really say, but I'm getting everything from Diamonds to Silvers in my games. So, maybe Normal-game MMR but not Ranked?

Edit: Ryze really doesn't benefit that much. You get nearly 80% effective CDR from his passive if you build and play him properly late-game, anyway. Likewise, he effectively has unlimited mana late game. You get a somewhat better early game and can stack Tear faster and that's basically it, and in exchange for that your opponents get the ability to spam long-range poke/CC and should never actually allow you into range anyway. Not worth.

Katarina gets the ability to Shunpo around a lot but that's about it (admittedly that's pretty nice, but nowhere near as good as a ground-targeted/directional dash due to the limitations). Sinister Steel already has a ridiculously short CD. Spamming Bouncing Blade really isn't that phenomenal, you have to full combo with her to burst properly. You still end up wanting to hunt down kill-resets rather than ability spamming, so good Katarina players are still going to be good but it's not going to magically make her OP in the hands of people who weren't already good at playing her.

You definitely don't have 700 q stacks on nasus by 15 minutes because most lanes are awful with all the poke, but he's certainly strong. What I like to do is just take him to the jungle for a little bit to get rolling, and then gank a lane with permawither. From then on you turn into a monster. 400 stacks by 20-30 minutes is what I'm getting, usually.

Boken

Banned
his passive is flat cd reduction
which means % cdr makes it even better (hence why you always want 40% on ryze)

80% cdr is incredible on him. you can permaroot people from rank 2 W because his prison has a 2.8 cd -2s for the other spells +1s for the root

sure okay he doesnt have mana problems late normally, but now this guarantees he will have 100% size seraphs every time (cos it scales off current). if ur feeling ballszy u cud even have 100% damage muramana procs

u even get 100% uptime on his ultimate late game

Einbroch

Banned
You definitely don't have 700 q stacks on nasus by 15 minutes because most lanes are awful with all the poke, but he's certainly strong. What I like to do is just take him to the jungle for a little bit to get rolling, and then gank a lane with permawither. From then on you turn into a monster. 400 stacks by 20-30 minutes is what I'm getting, usually.

700 was an exaggeration, but I ended a 22 minute game at 768 yesterday. You just jungle and then while everyone fights in a lane you TP to the other end of the map, farm, then when they react you recall and TP to whatever lane you want.

zkylon

zkylewd
ahri_by_sekatsu-d7c3ej0.png

random cool ahri fanart

his passive is flat cd reduction
which means % cdr makes it even better (hence why you always want 40% on ryze)

80% cdr is incredible on him. you can permaroot people from rank 2 W because his prison has a 2.8 cd -2s for the other spells +1s for the root

sure okay he doesnt have mana problems late normally, but now this guarantees he will have 100% size seraphs every time (cos it scales off current). if ur feeling ballszy u cud even have 100% damage muramana procs

u even get 100% uptime on his ultimate late game

He still has an effective execution limit on his spells. Perma-rooting people is not that big of a deal because he's already effectively inescapable for most champions late game. He already has fucking 100% effective uptime on his ultimate, people use it for shits and giggles just to farm out waves in real games because the CD is a joke.

Seriously, you get next to nothing out of this and there's no reason the other team should ever let you get into range with the amount of skillshots they have to spam at you from 400+ range beyond the limit of your Prison. I know you love blue dudes, but he seriously would not be OP in URF, he wouldn't even be good compared to champions with huge range and sustain.

Boken

Banned
i know you dont love blue dudes

no no i mean LITERALLY he has 100% uptime on dat ult - what is this 'effective 100%' lol
at 40%cdr its 20s - 7s uptime, u gonna cast 13 spells in 7s?
n so what if hes already inescapable late game hes inescapable from level 4 now

yea them ranged skillshots r so op man thats why shit like sona soraka hecarim alistar are so bad they have such short range theyre gonna get owned by all them long ranged skillshots

like ur sayin all this ultra huge meaningless stuff n all n thats cool but the real reason why ryze wudnt be super mega op (SMO) is cos his items take forever to take off like them tears n them RoAs so slow zzzz by then his team is dead

zkylon

zkylewd
why do you love ryze so much boko

also 4.5 in two days. grago rework? wuko nerfs? new items to build morellos and shurelyas? get hype!

edit: also lee sin nerfs. DELICIOUS

no i mean LITERALLY he has 100% uptime on dat ult - what is this 'effective 100%' lol

Effective means whenever you actually need it. Have you ever heard a late-game Ryze say, "Don't team fight, I don't have my ult?" No, because it doesn't happen. Having it up to run between lanes means a little extra movespeed or maybe a faster take on a Wraith camp. Woop-de-fucking-doo.

n so what if hes already inescapable late game hes inescapable from level 4 now

There are so many champions who are so much better than him at <550 range with the buffs in this mode that him being inescapable doesn't mean shit. Why would people want to escape him in this mode? Maokai could just turn on him and kick his ass, for fuck's sake. Maokai.

You're completely missing that the point of this mode is they give ALL AP champions effectively the same benefits that late-game Ryze already gets. Giving Ryze those buffs doesn't make him Super Ryze, because he's already (hypothetcially) "balanced" around having those benefits, so his actual damage per-spell isn't that huge, his range is crap, etc.

Those other champions are balanced around having 40% CDR and limited mana, so breaking those limits and giving them Ryze-like CDs and unlimited mana actually makes them legitimately OP instead of just slightly improved versions of what they already were.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm so confused. Why are people arguing about Ryze? I thought the video said Riot deleted him from the mode completely?

And about Katarina, I did not say that her changes "magically make her OP in the hands of people who weren't already good at playing her." In fact, I thought I even gave an example of a player doing really terrible with her because they were unfamiliar with her, and I thought I also pointed out that the mode allowed players who are more familiar to do even better with certain champions.

Fiora
Nasus
Singed
Karthus
Teemo

I played a Singed game before and thought he was pretty good. Unlimited ult and poison gas is great. I mean, he's no Veigar, but he's something.

man, did ryze like burn down your home along with everyone you ever loved/respected or something, damn

Yes.

I mean, my childhood home was burned down after being struck by lightning, so I have my suspicions. He can't escape me forever.
Grrah raargh Nasus rraaagh.

Violet_0

Banned
ultra rapid fire
Fizz (me) against Gargas. He laughs, I laugh, he immediately throws a barrel at me...
He ended up 29/11, we still won because I could kill him easily at lvl 16+
post-game chat: "Fizz uninstall". So glad we won that game

Blizzard

Banned
I tried Karma but didn't do too well. I finally got some items like lich bane and tried pushing the bottom lane. They sent 3 people to stop me, but they all died and I got a triple kill, it was funny.

Disabling revive? Bullshit. That was the best part! I solo'd a Jinx as Veigar, under her turret, back to back within 10 seconds. Stupid decision. The mode is supposed to be crazy and broken.

EDIT: Lol, people that picked it had it switched to Cleanse.

TomShoe

Banned
Played Tristana.

While I was pretty weak early game, late game was pure sex. I was hopping over walls, getting kills, and hopping out before the other team could cc and kill me. I remember running into Vi/Blitz/Jinx in the jungle, and I hopped away from Vi's ult and over Jinx's chompers to my inner turret. Blitz kept chasing me (he had double buff), so I had to like hop dodge 3 grabs just to make it to my fountain.

I hope this mode is permanent, at least in customs.

Boken

Banned
Karma is basically Sonic

Also played against Ryze bot, no wonder he's disabled lol

u see this imperfected
this man has seen the light

I was never a fan of revive anyway. 100s cd is stupid in this mode. this isnt dominion boiz

maybe they will reduce death timers a lil to compensate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom