• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
The baron throws are real :(

meet_your_maker___lol_by_martaino-d7byttq.jpg

drawkcaB

Can't wait to try new Gragas in the jungle. Will have to test Feral Flare on a few of my junglers as well to see it helps them out.

There is no reason to take Barrier in 4.5.

Barrier has a 210 cooldown while Heal will be 240. 30 seconds is no big deal.

Heal affects 2 targets and gives you the health back permanently, unlike barrier which only lasts two seconds.

Barrier is stronger at early levels by a very small amount but eventually gets outscaled by heal, with Heal restoring 495 and Barrier only 455.

Not to mention the mini-Talisman speed boost AND the crazy synergy with Distortion boots.

A multi target heal is now a better single target protection spell than the dedicated single target protection spell. I don't know what they were thinking.

people really need to learn to ban the robot unicorn. Hecarim is just unstoppable

Not really, susceptible to early counter jungling, mana problems early on, needs a lot of items to really shine, really squishy early games. Gets beat up compared to a lot of the more popular junglers in his first and second run throughs. His ganks are pretty good if your teammates have dmg to back you up, his ult is great and he can snowball hard. But he's far from unstoppable, if they would get rid of his q limit on minions I feel like he'd be in a far better place.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

Barrier has a 210 cooldown while Heal will be 240.

Heal affects 2 targets and gives you the health back permanently, unlike barrier which only lasts two seconds.

Barrier is stronger at early levels by a very small amount but eventually gets outscaled by heal, with Heal restoring 495 and Barrier only 455.

Not to mention the mini-Talisman speed boost AND the crazy synergy with Distortion boots.

A multi target heal is now a better single target protection spell than the dedicated single target protection spell. I don't know what they were thinking.
barrier users dont have to worry about getting a half strength barrier if they use their spell while ignited though.

zkylon

zkylewd

yeah heal's gonna get nerfed pretty sure

i think making it heal like half the amount to self would maybe do the trick.

barrier users dont have to worry about getting a half strength barrier if they use their spell while ignited though.
yea this is true too

still getting rid of grievous wounds from ignite is pretty great for an adc

also i think exhaust might get really popular since 50% dmg reduction is a lot

Doa was sick today.
but he didn't cast the all stars games either :/

Boken

Banned

heal will still debuff you
barrier + heal will be the greatest protection

but yeah, i think heal is a little strong as of right now

But heal removes ignite now...

removes ignite after the heal

zkylon

zkylewd
heal doesn't remove ignite, just the grievous wounds part of it.

so like you get ignited for say 10 damage per second, you heal for 50 which gets cut to 25, and then it's still 10, 10, 10. but like nami can heal you just fine

did i get it right?

Riot pls.

vs
is really confusing why rito doesn't just use some chinese splash arts for these ugly skins.

lux would be 10x better

lebonk too

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
heal doesn't remove ignite, just the grievous wounds part of it.

so like you get ignited for say 10 damage per second, you heal for 50 which gets cut to 25, and then it's still 10, 10, 10. but like nami can heal you just fine

did i get it right?
i think so.

zkylon

zkylewd
is heal affected by spirit visage? i imagine it is if smite counts for spellvamp

barrier heal swain is gonna be scary as fuck lol

They need Chobra for All-Stars because allchat is enabled during the event and neither Monte nor doa can read Hangul.
three man it then!

chobra did great but that game deserved some doa

every game deserves some doa :3

heal will still debuff you
barrier + heal will be the greatest protection

but yeah, i think heal is a little strong as of right now

removes ignite after the heal

Wait how does heal debuff you?

Oh and Ignite won't be removed, just the Grievous Wounds (the swords above your head, not your body on fire). It will still tick through after Heal, but other heals will be fully effective.

Feral Flare Diana with AS reds and quints. Believe.

three man it then!

chobra did great but that game deserved some doa

every game deserves some doa :3

It's a bit tough to three-man cast, actually. They could have Chobra around only for translations (like they do with interviews in Champions), but it would end up being kind of weird interjections and mess up the flow.

I do agree that Monte and doa have better chemistry, though. They're like the Odd Couple of casting.

Edit: The problem with Feral Flare Diana is that she actually wants Spirit Stone mana sustain. You might be able to make it work if you have Yasuo or another mid laner that doesn't really value blue buff, though.

Heal applies a debuff that reduces the strength of subsequent Heal spells for a short period, like Aegis.

Heal still sounds like it eclipses Barrier though. They could make it require an ally champion to cast, or heal yourself for half the amount.

Ah carry on then, ya I can see how he'd be a monster in that mode.
That's an understatement. I also underestimated him. I got whooped at Lv1. =( I picked him next game and went 19/1. There's no kiting him when he can ult into you and apply 10+ Qs over in just 5 seconds. I think only Soraka can beat him 1v1, or Brand if he can hit him.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Barrier has a 210 cooldown while Heal will be 240. 30 seconds is no big deal.

Heal give a debuff that cut other summon heal by 50%, so in bot you still want to run heal on support and barrier on adc.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a bit tough to three-man cast, actually. They could have Chobra around only for translations (like they do with interviews in Champions), but it would end up being kind of weird interjections and mess up the flow.

I do agree that Monte and doa have better chemistry, though. They're like the Odd Couple of casting.
or doa and chobra

:3

Heal applies a debuff that reduces the strength of subsequent Heal spells for a short period, like Aegis.

Heal still sounds like it eclipses Barrier though. They could make it require an ally champion to cast, or heal yourself for half the amount.
i think the latter is ideal. when's the last time you've seen an adc on their own?

How are you changing your rune pages?

vs AP mid/top: Remove armour yellows, replace with HP or HP/lvl. Will be way more effective against spell damage.

vs AD mid/top: Remove MR blues, replace with CDR. Huge buff to manaless champs.

Support tank: Switch around HP quints and armour yellows for armour quints and HP yellows. This gets you an extra 4 armour.

ADC: Not too sure yet. The lower sustain makes AD quints more attractive but without a sustain support you won't last very long. I'm also thinking about replacing some armour yellows with HP yellows to help offset some AP damage from poke supports.

Junglers that scale with AS: Possibly replace quints and reds with AS quints and reds. AS quints got a huge buff and would work well on champs that scale with attack speed, like Vayne, Xin or Vi.

zkylon

zkylewd
How are you changing your rune pages?

vs AP mid/top: Remove armour yellows, replace with HP or HP/lvl. Will be way more effective against spell damage.
still gonna keep an armor+mr page because jungler damage+minions+auto harass. i'll prolly take that against someone like lee sin or vi, tho imma try flat hp

vs AD mid/top: Remove MR blues, replace with CDR. Huge buff to manaless champs.
if you're not manaless, i'd stick with ap/lvl. cdr/lvl kinda saves you from buying elixir or getting blue buff but i want the ap from elixir and mana regen from blue anyways so not really worth it imo.

Support tank: Switch around HP quints and armour yellows for armour quints and HP yellows. This gets you an extra 4 armour.
how does this leave your hp? if hp is even i'll want to get some armor quints too then

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not even a bad thing. Some dudes really don't want to do the whole strategy RPG part of the game, they just wanna get out there on the Rift and wreck fellas.

I can respect that.
i kinda like the idea of runes dictating a bit how you'll play. like if you go like doublepen marks you want to get tons of autos off, if you get ms quints you'll wanna roam and if you get hp/5 you just want to make small trades that you'll wear off sooner than the other guy

but unfortunately runes are mostly about min maxing :/

same with masteries, really

HP remains the same as 9 health yellows now gives 72HP - the same as 3 health quints.

thanks friend

is the rune discount on already?

Blizzard

Banned
i kinda like the idea of runes dictating a bit how you'll play. like if you go like doublepen marks you want to get tons of autos off, if you get ms quints you'll wanna roam and if you get hp/5 you just want to make small trades that you'll wear off sooner than the other guy

but unfortunately runes are mostly about min maxing :/

same with masteries, really
I might be ok with runes having more impact if they weren't like, as much as a champion for some runes. I still got like 300 champions to buy.

Tizoc

if by fine you mean a horrible, out-dated, mess of a model that was impossible for them to create new skins for and needed and update, then... sure?

There was nothing fine about his model.

Maybe I'm too attached to the pimp robe and jewelry model, but this one just looks like some adventure rat with poison weapons.
It'll prob. grow on me in due time I guess.

...and I thought Rumble was getting a redesign to his default look like what they did with Heimerdinger?

zkylon

zkylewd
I might be ok with runes having more impact if they weren't like, as much as a champion for some runes. I still got like 300 champions to buy.

yeah i don't understand why runes of the same type have to have different costs either. like make all the quints 1000 and marks/seals/glyphs like 400 or something. it's just annoying to find that you have to spend 800 on a single glyph if you want cdr

Ferrio

Banned
maybe there shouldnt be runes

There shouldn't, but god the amount of tweaks they'd have to make to the game.

There just isn't enough good runes and combinations to make them a very strategic element. Same with masteries, but least they're are free.

Tizoc

There shouldn't, but god the amount of tweaks they'd have to make to the game.

There just isn't enough good runes and combinations to make them a very strategic element. Same with masteries, but least they're are free.

The figures/stat bonuses of the runes is what's holding me back from getting them.

But then people would spend IP on champions, and Riot can't have that.

Well, you're not wrong.

If they removed the current rune system, or made runes and rune pages free like masteries, there would be an awkward situation where they'd be expected to refund all the RP/IP people have invested into the system.

It's probably still the right way to handle it, but it's a bitter pill to swallow when you think of it from the perspective of basically massively devaluing your national currency. It's like a nation defaulting on their debt, the actual value of Riot Bucks would be immediately and tangibly wrecked.

Not that it would be a non-recoverable state, but I can understand where the reluctance comes from.

Tizoc

Played Veigar. lol @ people diving me. I was pure tank except for Deathcap and Voidstaff. I feel like a mage Nasus.

I should totally try this someday. I assumed Veigar was built like a regular AP character, but I never bothered to check his item builds on sites.

Blizzard

Banned
I should totally try this someday. I assumed Veigar was built like a regular AP character, but I never bothered to check his item builds on sites.
Normally you would. I think they were referring to Ultra Rapid-Fire mode, since you can use Q and stun and ult a lot...especially Q since that will build his AP forever.

brian!

rune pages probably make them a good amnt of money
more i need this now to be competitive vs. buying champs with rp

Tizoc

WTF RITO!
IT'S JUST A SKIN, WHY I GOTTA DROP 20 EUROS FOR SUPER GALAXY RUMBLE?!

Normally you would. I think they were referring to Ultra Rapid-Fire mode, since you can use Q and stun and ult a lot...especially Q since that will build his AP forever.

Figured as much, still will try that build out for trolling purposes someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom