• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was URF mode. I had Deathcap, Voidstaff, Banshee, Randuin, Warmogs. Morgana was pretty irritating since she also had a Banshee's Veil. I had to break through 2 shields somehow.

URF Rengar not as good as I anticipated. =( I jungled to powerlevel to 6 but it was still slow.

rune pages probably make them a good amnt of money
more i need this now to be competitive vs. buying champs with rp

Yeah. I mean, the way I think about it, if I was refunded all the RP/IP I've spent on runes and pages I'd probably have no need to buy any RP for like two years straight while still being able to get everything I want.

I'm guessing Riot's looking at it the same way.

Mothman91

Just had 2 ranked games in a row. ADC both times, a supp sona/fidd. Where's all the Leonas/Thresh supports :(

I was vsing a Sona second game, and asked Fidd if he can go Leona. He didn't and was kind of a bad match up vsing a Vayne/Sona.

Man, I have 3800 IP right now. don't know if I want to keep grinding for ezreal or buy twitch.

edit: if you play sona in the current meta against a thresh/leona you're basically asking to lose lane.

I mean, even last season with fidd support. Level 1 or 2, one hook or e and he was dead. Squish central.

Mothman91

Man, I have 3800 IP right now. don't know if I want to keep grinding for ezreal or buy twitch.

edit: if you play sona in the current meta against a thresh/leona you're basically asking to lose lane.

I mean, even last season with fidd support. Level 1 or 2, one hook or e and he was dead. Squish central.

Yeah, I was asking him yet he just ignored me. We still won, but I'm sure we could've done work at bot lane if he did pick someone else.

Ferga

I love seeing sona vs leona lanes

When leona hits an E, I can just hear the Sona screaming nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very slowly

Blizzard

Banned
I love seeing sona vs leona lanes

When leona hits an E, I can just hear the Sona screaming nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very slowly
To be fair, anyone else does the same thing.

Except maybe Alistar, who is like AT LAST MY TIME TO SHINE and uses his ult and lumbers backwards.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea poor sona is probably the biggest victim of s4's breaking of the rock paper scissors meta of bot lane

because basically burst now beats poke and nobody plays sustain so it's basically burst beating everyone lol

Boken

Banned
theres been plenty of morg (poke) and karma (poke)

morg being a counterpick to engage supports brings balance 2 da force cos better poke is pretty good vs her

zkylon

zkylewd
well morg like you said is just a counter to thresh/leona/annie but yea karma is starting to show up now because she's kind of the only one that can really put the pressure on leona. the leona nerfs will further that even more, so that's cool.

sona's been played a bit in competitive recently too so she's crawling back from the abyss too. kinda sad that it had to come from nerfs to the big 3 instead of buffs since right now playing sona feels really blegh unless you're on urf mode lol

i wish they just did something like increase her cds and increase her numbers or something. like it's depressing how little damage your q does.

I pulled an Xpeke on URF the other night. We had 2 inhibs down all 5 of them in our base. But we had a teemo who been shrooming our entire nexus the whole the time. So they took it really slow so I just flash over the wall and ran straight to their base and just took out the inhib/nexus lol.

Thank god for that flash cdr! Also glad that no one wards on this mode lol.

Just for reference, what characters are on PBE ATM?

Everyone.

PBA just the beta client.

They give everyone unlimited IP/RP (Well technically it's not unlimited but they give you like 10k every week so eventually you can buy every champion/skin/runes etc..).

The new skins that come out are usually also only 1RP... and when you have like 10k RP.. well that's basically like unlimited.

Leezard

The patch is already up, huh. URF will be fine to see some of the changes, then real games to really judge the changes.

zkylon

zkylewd
some prices
Code:
quints:
flat hp5   | 4305 ip
flat hp/5  | 4305 ip
flat armor | 2151 ip
flat cdr   | 4305 ip
cdr/lvl    | 2151 ip

seals:
flat hp    | 5166 ip
flat hp/5  | 5166 ip
armor/lvl  | 2583 ip

glyphs:
flat cdr   | 5166 ip
cdr/lvl    | 4121 ip
flat mp5   | 2583 ip
mp5/lvl    | 1287 ip

still pretty brutal with the discount since many of these runes are the 820 ones

i only have 6.7k, so i'll get the flat armor quints+flat hp seals (one at a time :<) combo for sure but probably not much more.

prolly gonna ignore the cdr runes and try to get the hp/5 quints or seals. i'm interested in the mp5 glyphs too for sona since it's basically a free faerie charm.

Diana jungle with Wits End + Flame + Sorc Boots + Randuins + Banshees + GA?

Maybe Nashors?

I'm wondering if there will be any secret op builds on her with it. I mean pure ap assassin is great when you get ahead but when you fall behind it's a bit lackluster. And Nashors is nice but it really impacts your burst, I feel like I'd want Nashors/Rabadons/Zhonyas/Void/Sorcs/GA which would mean I have to delay one of my ap items until quite late. I'm pretty sure I lost a game a few weeks back simply on my decision to build Nashors second when I was reasonably fed against their fed Draven, I was simply unable to 100-0 him before I was peeled and it really prevented us shutting him down in fights.

Einbroch

Banned
some prices
Code:
quints:
flat hp5   | 4305 ip
flat hp/5  | 4305 ip
flat armor | 2151 ip
flat cdr   | 4305 ip
cdr/lvl    | 2151 ip

seals:
flat hp    | 5166 ip
flat hp/5  | 5166 ip
armor/lvl  | 2583 ip

glyphs:
flat cdr   | 5166 ip
cdr/lvl    | 4121 ip
flat mp5   | 2583 ip
mp5/lvl    | 1287 ip

still pretty brutal with the discount since many of these runes are the 820 ones

i only have 6.7k, so i'll get the flat armor quints+flat hp seals (one at a time :<) combo for sure but probably not much more.

prolly gonna ignore the cdr runes and try to get the hp/5 quints or seals. i'm interested in the mp5 glyphs too for sona since it's basically a free faerie charm.

Wtf. Good thing I only play with friends and we don't care about min maxing. This is ridiculous.

zkylon

zkylewd
Diana jungle with Wits End + Flame + Sorc Boots + Randuins + Banshees + GA?

Maybe Nashors?

I'm wondering if there will be any secret op builds on her with it. I mean pure ap assassin is great when you get ahead but when you fall behind it's a bit lackluster. And Nashors is nice but it really impacts your burst, I feel like I'd want Nashors/Rabadons/Zhonyas/Void/Sorcs/GA which would mean I have to delay one of my ap items until quite late. I'm pretty sure I lost a game a few weeks back simply on my decision to build Nashors second when I was reasonably fed against their fed Draven, I was simply unable to 100-0 him before I was peeled and it really prevented us shutting him down in fights.

prolly nashors over wits end all the way. like cdr, more passive and ap scaling on her basic attacks? it's perfect for her. not for every game tho, but i find it makes her pretty unique and fun

Wtf. Good thing I only play with friends and we don't care about min maxing. This is ridiculous.
yeah it's pretty uncool

it makes me wonder why didn't rito made new price standards for runes instead of the 30% discount

like rune prices tiers are the following (with the discount): 143, 287, 360, 574, and for quints: 360, 717, 1435

so like, just make all the normal runes be priced the average of 350~ and all the quints 1000~ (not counting the two 360 runes because i dunno why the hell those two are so cheap).

at 350 getting any 9 runes is 3150 and 3000 for quints, so you're basically still spending a shitload (and you gotta add that 30%) of ip for a single runepage, but at least it's standarized and you're not feeling fucked because you want to buy good runes and those are a lot more expensive than the rest.

i guess there's the issue of all the people that already spent shit tons on runes but you know, they could give refunds for people that buy them a couple weeks ago and that's it, i personally wouldn't mind and wouldn't really feel ripped off or anything since you know, shit got fairer.

Nev

Banned
Playing URF should make you all realise why the game would be inmensely better if everything was a skillshot. 1v1 a skilled Nidalee as Karma was the most intense, demanding and fun thing I've done in this game.

That Twitch looks awesome. But for the love of god, give Taric his VU already, he's the single worst right now.

Boken

Banned
some prices
Code:
quints:
flat hp5   | 4305 ip
flat hp/5  | 4305 ip
flat armor | 2151 ip
flat cdr   | 4305 ip
cdr/lvl    | 2151 ip

seals:
flat hp    | 5166 ip
flat hp/5  | 5166 ip
armor/lvl  | 2583 ip

glyphs:
flat cdr   | 5166 ip
cdr/lvl    | 4121 ip
flat mp5   | 2583 ip
mp5/lvl    | 1287 ip

is that for 9?

just gonna by flat hp to replace armor

maybe hp/5 later

Agkel

na down?

ah just saw:

On 04/03/2014, starting at 01:30 AM PDT, ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 4.5. At 03:00 AM PDT, the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 6 hours.

Tizoc

What's the lowest level another player must be to invite a Lvl. 30 player to a game so they can play together?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
what runes do you guys have anyway? im curious.

UOruFPA.jpg

my runes are a perfect representation of what was wrong with seals.

Violet_0

Banned
Not really, susceptible to early counter jungling, mana problems early on, needs a lot of items to really shine, really squishy early games. Gets beat up compared to a lot of the more popular junglers in his first and second run throughs. His ganks are pretty good if your teammates have dmg to back you up, his ult is great and he can snowball hard. But he's far from unstoppable, if they would get rid of his q limit on minions I feel like he'd be in a far better place.

sorry, I should clarify I was talking about urf-mode helicopter Hecarim

garath

Well my 11k ip isn't going to go very far. I was hoping to grind some more but I've been playing too much Diablo3.

I'm focused on cooldown runes first then hp regen runes next. I have no CDR runes at all and the only hp/5 runes I have are seals I used to run on Katarina a million years ago.

I may wait a bit to see what shakes out as the best before committing all my IP.

garath

might just get hybrid pen marks while they're slightly less disgustingly expensive. will probably still use armour seals though.

Yeah, I don't see a big reason to stop using armor seals yet. MAYBE the hp regen if you're planning a cloth 5 start or something.

I got hybrid marks awhile ago. I use a full hybrid pen page for Elise that has served me quite well.

hrmm... just looking at the patch notes again, specifically the change to Rengar's ult where people are alerted if he's near them in stealth within 1000 units. That's quite a bit above leap range and was one of the biggest issues people had with the original Scarizard-made iteration of the rework. I'm almost certain it wasn't on PBE.

Not happy with that at all. Seems like they just snuck that one in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom