• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Criticals are the biggest numbers.

They should make a mage that can benefit from crit

I miss wow mages

crit is a different stat yo

ap is bigger than ad lol

my teammates just rolled poppy, veigar, heimer and sion in arams. full yolo team right there

There's no point in making a mega thread when there's only one good moba. Kappa?

Seriously though, Strife, HoN, hots N infinite crisis r all kinda bad I don't Wanna talk about them

But Infinite Crisis has a dynamite roster of dozens Batman/Joker alt versions!

I'm not really a big comic fan so I can't say if that's the proper way to leverage the DC license or not, but it seems pretty likely.

Criticals are the biggest numbers.

They should make a mage that can benefit from crit

I miss wow mages

rip in pieces oracles hood
Oracle%27s_Hood_item.png

+25% Critical Strike Chance
+500 Mana
Unique Passive: Your magic damage has a chance (based on critical chance) to deal 25% extra True Damage.

There's no point in making a mega thread when there's only one good moba. Kappa?

Seriously though, Strife, HoN, hots N infinite crisis r all kinda bad I don't Wanna talk about them
but they're fun to make fun of

everyone can come together for that

and you forgot about dawngate

plus we can have interesting well reasoned logical arguments about differing aspects of lol and dota

for example: rofl runes
I mean come on, LolGAF has had 6 threads

DotaGAF only has 4

6>4
Dota is on its 9th thread :X

Blizzard

Banned
I finally got enough IP to buy ez and he's a lot of fun but man the slight delay on his e is killing me.
It kills the other team too, when something happens like Vayne stunning Ezreal against a wall, but the E then registers and makes him become stunned on the OTHER side. At least, I think it used to work that way.

I also heard pulsefire Ezreal had slightly nicer timings, but I don't know.

Boken

Banned
Do you mean a penis that is a train, or the penis of a train?
Why is that important
rip in pieces oracles hood
Oracle%27s_Hood_item.png
An item that allows mages to crit is too problematic now

I'd rather a new champ designed around the idea
but they're fun to make fun of

everyone can come together for that

and you forgot about dawngate

plus we can have interesting well reasoned logical arguments about differing aspects of lol and dota

for example: rofl runes

Dota is on its 9th thread :X
Yeah, runes add unecessary RNG to mid lane

And I can't believe I forgot dawngate

zkylon

zkylewd
(translated)
zkylon: i already reported you, you can't change anything by arguing with me
zkylon: if you get banned or not is up to the tribunal now
Dexxxxxxx: just remember
Dexxxxxxx: remember
Dexxxxxxx: MY NAME
zkylon: no way dude
Dexxxxxxx: because next time you see me
zkylon: too many xes on your name
Dexxxxxxx: you're regret crossing me
Dexxxxxxx: cos i'll beat you
Dexxxxxxx: you just remember
zkylon: k dude
Dexxxxxxx: remember
zkylon: nice meeting ya!

i'll never forget you dexxxxxxxxxxxx

I think both fizz and leblanc are kinda overrated in urf.
Fizz is irritatingly untargettable without requiring skill. Most of the Lebs I meet are bad but I'd rather not risk facing a good one.

Since they banned Hec and Skarner for having absurd DPS, why not Eve? Okay, I'd rather ban Eve than Leb now I remembered her.

zkylon

zkylewd
GOOD. This leaves room for Zed, Fizz and Leb bans.
yea good move on rito

no need to fix much, just remove the annoying champions and move on. people will find new brokens but really by then who cares. it'd be nice if they made it a custom made which a customizable pool of champions or something but i'll be happy if i don't have to play against soraka T_T

Congratulations, you have an anime rival now!
lol true

dude was intense lol

Ferrio

Banned
Fizz is irritatingly untargettable without requiring skill. Most of the Lebs I meet are bad but I'd rather not risk facing a good one.

Since they banned Hec and Skarner for having absurd DPS, why not Eve? Okay, I'd rather ban Eve than Leb now I remembered her.

Wasn't their dps that was the problem, it was their ability to not die. Hec healed like mad, and skarn could spam a 800 dmg shield every 3 seconds.

zkylon

zkylewd
ibWoERYd6Tzy4.png

muramana sona dream keeps on livin'

fuck da haters

also mean sivir called me a fucking cunt and cho told me to go fuck myself lol

lucian also told me i like dick

late night arams dirt people is salty

i probably should stop saying "lol" when they make a mistake hehe

Tizoc

Checked online and it seems certain players prefer one over the other, so I'd just like your impressions:
Which is best on Riven:
Hyda, BoRK and/or Bloodthirster?

Leezard

Checked online and it seems certain players prefer one over the other, so I'd just like your impressions:
Which is best on Riven:

Hydra should be best for most situations. Bloodthirster sometimes, but essentially never BoRK.

Boken

Banned
Hydra for when Ur even in lane because it gives you a reset and pushing power

Bloodthrister for when Ur pretty ahead in lane cos you get more spike power N shield + U don't push Ur lane

zkylon

zkylewd
Which is best on Riven:

not the best riven player but imo hydra is slightly better than bt and bjork just doesn't really work for her

i personally like hydra cos i like the auto attack reset thingie plus i like the build path and not having to worry about stacks like on bt. it also gives you a nice amount of aoe for when you come jumping from the side into their whole team like a maniac

Which is best on Riven:

Riven is an AD caster. AD casters build flat AD so their abilities do more damage, and they build armor pen for the same reason.

Botrk is an item that is good on auto attackers like Jax or Tryndamere. It is a bad item on Riven.

Hydra and BT are both good on Riven. Hydra is usually preferred because you can animation cancel, plus the auto attack reset gives you a bit stronger burst. It is also much easier to buy components of the Hydra than of the BT. If you're playing top lane Riven you might want to be careful about building Hydra since it will push your lane and you will need to make sure you're wary of ganks, but otherwise it's usually the best item.

If you use Hydra on Riven you probably want to look up a how-to for using it as part of her full combo. The difference between a mechanically perfect Riven combo and a "just pushing buttons" one is among the highest in the game, and she's been nerfed down to a level where the expectation you can execute the combo to at least 75% efficiency is there.

You actually want to look up her micro mechanics even if you use BT, it's just that Tiamat really unlocks the full monte.

It takes months to be able to be mechanically proficient with Riven

Yeah I find Riven incredibly clunky tbh, it's like that champ was created for a different genre of game than League.

I played one game of league yesterday, ended up in a ranked game where my team just slowly ragequit 1 by 1. The first guy rage quit after a death at level 2 in the bot lane, then my support raged until he quit. Then top was mad because of the stupid rage quitting kids (fair enough imo) and left, then our mid cbf and left.

I just love this game sometimes. I seriously wonder the age of some players, I can't see why someone that is older than 16 or so would be so immature.

Boken

Banned
She's not clunky, she just rewards optimal play more than others

It's not another game either, she has a lot if spells, as we do

Don't get me wrong, when Faker plays Riven she looks smooth and fluid.

But to me she looks like she should be in a DMC type game or maybe an arpg, rather than a moba. Just based on her kit. Having an ability that you activate 3 times to move forward and attack an area instead of a target just seems a bit odd in the context of the game.

Nekofrog

Banned
yeah riven is a champ that if you're not going to dedicate some serious time into just learning her mechanics, you're gonna have a bad time.

Boken

Banned
She's FGC in the sense that you have multiple spell orders for different situations and scenarios

But she's very moba because of all that animation cancelling yo

If Riven was in DMC you'd be able to cancel into her dash even when knocked up, and her Q series would change to different moves depending on the delay between presses of the button. And her shield on Valor would be replaced by just completely canceling damage for the exact frame it's executed on. At least one variant of her second Q would be a launcher (knock up) with a Yasuo style air follow-up on the third Q.

It would be glorious and completely inappropriate for the game.

Tizoc

OK seemed to get a handle of Riven and found a good build for her.
One nice combo I could do with Riven:
E>Attack>Q>Attack (x2 if possible)>Q>Attack>3rd Q>Attack>W>Repeat sequence

EDIT: Wait you build Shen as a Tank?

zkylon

zkylewd
i kinda wish bayonetta was in every game tho

OK seemed to get a handle of Riven and found a good build for her.
One nice combo I could do with Riven:
E>Attack>Q>Attack (x2 if possible)>Q>Attack>3rd Q>Attack>W>Repeat sequence
why are you waiting for the last attack to stun them?

also if you get two autos after your first q you're kind of wasting an autoattack time that could be used on like another q to get another passive stack u know

you should just like e+aa+w+slam q and right click a bunch

yea

some people build like bjork on him but 4 or 5 items tank is the standard build (u know not counting boots)

Shen's two key abilities are the ability to throw himself into absolutely the most dangerous positions possible, and the ability to make people punch him in the face.

So, yeah, you want to be a tank.

Looking at his kit, how else would you build him?

If you build him to deal a lot of damage, how will you stay alive with only a small shield and a single dash?

If you build him ap, you only have two abilities that do a little bit of damage, and then you will be blown up.

The fact that he has an ability that taunts the enemy should be pretty obvious. And his abilities scaling with his health. His entire design is as a champion that can protect his ad carry by ulting on to them giving them a shield, before taunting the enemy front line and shielding some of their damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom