• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
vlad is another one of those dirty late tanky mages.

i just thought itd be interesting for a mage to have quad scaling (ap, pen, cdr, crit) like adc. imagine a mid-long skillshot mage with crit scaling
at least it has counterplay unlike ryz

ps i have nothing against dirty late game tanky mage
All I can imagine is pre-rework Kayle and those scars haven't healed yet.

Skillshot based though? Could work. Though we'd need one of Rito's crazier designers for this, this ain't no job for no Volty

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
snaku girl does have impressive dmg potentials n adc like gameplay. could be hyper carry but short range means she dies

just feed until they ignore you in one teamfight.

that's all it takes, one pentakill later and you'll be watching their nexus explode.

Cassio has a shitton of potential ever since they changed her E to a single-target spell when taking items into consideration, specially now that furor boots got cheaper, but she can't do much with all these assassins and crazy bruisers around.

A 6 item Cassio must be fucking scary.

Boken

Banned
Diamond on 4.5: https://www.facebook.com/GambitDiamondprox/posts/499236533513980
Hello everyone again! I observed people are interested in my opinion about jungle changes in patches, so belatedly I want to share my thoughts with you. Let us start by considering the facts.
First of all its the rune modifiactions. It is true that junglers don't earn much except some extra AD from changing places of Attack Speed Marks and AD Quints (which used only on not the most popular junglers like Xin Zhao and Nocturne). However it will affect on other lanes much harder: ADC will now use AS Quints instead of LS, in consequence of this they will have more damage, but less sustain and supports can find more synergy from combining HP with armor runes. Thus, botlane ganks on one hand become more dangerous, on the other, if you succeed, more effective. The game on other lanes changed only because of switching Armor Runes on HP, but this won't have much impact.
Another good thing about patch is that some of summoner spells were reworked. In the current situation junglers must take flash, otherwise the risk of feeding grows incredibly. On the other hand other lanes will gladly use buffed summoner spells against us. Especially bot lane, which could use 2-3 of them simultaneously. It is clear from these observations that junglers efficiency, relative to other roles, reduced but not globally.
Slight nerfs of the most powerful junglers (Kha and Lee) and minor nerf of the Lizard in combination with Glacial Shroud (he was too expensive for junglers before) and Lantern buffs made planty of junglers much closer to be useful like the strongest junglers.
The greatest problem of utility jungle champions is their mana costs and inability not to waste resources to clean jungle. Also some of them have low clearspeed(sejuani, maokai, etc.). If this lack gets offset – such junglers will start to appear on the proscene.
Also mastery Feast got buffed so there is an opportunity for some champions to start use it instead of something less valuable. Variability – is a great pleasure.
In conclusion, Renektons early game nerf should be noted. He was the only champion who sometime stops people from picking others on top lane. Though he still is one of the strongest 1v1 toplaner, if jungler helps you - it becomes much easier to stop him and thus returns Irelia, Jax and other MANMODE champs who can assist on top lane ganks greatly.
And since I am the jungler who got tired of immortal Trundle vs Renek fights there, I am insanely happy to see the return of top lane ganks.
P.s. dragons now are very strong, what also makes solotop ganks a bit easier due to less chances of enemies immidiately doing it right after they see you at the top lane. great change, especially the lategame part of it. but solonashors @ 15 minute with 2 jungle items or just duo are a little bit annoying.
takeaways:
- AD use AS% quint instead of LS
- supports have access to armor reds + hp yellows for extra tankiness
- lantern buffs and even glacial shroud buff might make new junglers (re)appear. diamond likes this
- feast can be taken for junglers
- renekton nerf is notable. can now gank him to set him back - return of irelia, jax maybe?
- stronger dragon means top lane ganks are more viable
- he hates double jungler item heimer+jungler soloing barons @ 15mins

I might make the move to AS quints ASAP. I never really felt that the lifesteal from quints was significant and noticeable. Will I miss it if it's gone? Not sure.

At least AS quints are among the cheap ones. Fuck 2050 IP quints.
I might make the move to AS quints ASAP. I never really felt that the lifesteal from quints was significant and noticeable. Will I miss it if it's gone? Not sure.
They gave essentially a second D.Blade at level 1. It was pretty noticeable IMO

At least AS quints are among the cheap ones. Fuck 2050 IP quints.

They gave essentially a second D.Blade at level 1. It was pretty noticeable IMO

I guess I just never gave much thought to it. I barely notice lifesteal except for when you're at the point where you can get to full health off of a couple of minions.

I've been in team builder queue for 10 minutes despite it telling me I had a very short wait time. This is kind of par for the course as far as trying TB at this time of day.

garath

Let's look at some numbers. We'll use Lucian as an example

Base AD: 46
base AD with Dblade and marks: 65
base AS: .638

AS: 3 quints = 13.5% attack speed
LS: 3 quints = 4.5% life steal

Doran's returns 3 health on attack.

AS quints (.7241 AS):
7 attacks in a 10 second period = 21 health
2.1 health per second

LS quints (.638 AS):
6 attacks in a 10 second period = 18 health (dblade) + 17.1 (380 damage * 4.5%) = 35 health
3.5 health per second

So sustain is better at level 1

Damage though..

AS quints: 455 damage
LS quints: 380 damage

Assuming you get that extra attack in over that time period.

But then you have to look at scaling attack speed over levels and the fact that you aren't going to be constantly attacking and only after X number attacks will the additional 10% attack speed come into play.. etc etc.

Lots of factors.

Makes my brain hurt.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
i just thought itd be interesting for a mage to have quad scaling (ap, pen, cdr, crit) like adc. imagine a mid-long skillshot mage with crit scaling
at least it has counterplay unlike ryz

ps i have nothing against dirty late game tanky mage

Deathcap is AP's crit item, just without the RNG.

woad/viking vi
WoadVi.jpg

i like it.
Infinitely better than that stupid cop skin.

those Vi nerfs completely ruined her in Treeline. The ult cooldown is way too long now.

That's really sad, cos she was never even OP on Treeline. They should really compensate for that.

garath

Your math is wrong because 3 AS quints don't give you 10% AS, they give you 13.5%

10% is the old value.

Bah. League wiki wasn't updated. mb

I'll edit it in a min.

edit: Well it doesn't do enough to add an additional attack so the numbers don't change for the level 1 over a 10 second period but it'll change as the game scales. I'm way too lazy to work out a spreadsheet of the per level changes and how AS vs LS scales. Even Diamond says it though, AS is more damage, less sustain early. But it's always been that way. The nerf to LS just makes the sustain route less attractive to the pros I guess.

those Vi nerfs completely ruined her in Treeline. The ult cooldown is way too long now.

That's really sad, cos she was never even OP on Treeline. They should really compensate for that.
I don't get why SR changes still affect TT and CS ever since they started doing separate balance changes.

It's like they don't actually give a shit.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't get why SR changes still affect TT and CS ever since they started doing separate balance changes.

It's like they don't actually give a shit.

When 90% of the player base is on SR the other modes really just get shafted.

drawkcaB

I think you're playing Lissandra differently from what she normally is played like lol DFG is a luxury item, not your main purchase

People don't actually go burst mage right off the bat on her, they go tanky initiation mage, sort of like Diana was built before the nerfs.

That's because people aren't playing her right, quite frankly. They see all her CC and assume she's an Ori, Anivia, etc. utility mage which isn't correct. She's a Twisted Fate style mage; roam hard then transition into another role. In her case she becomes an initiator as opposed to TF's splitpusher. An early DFG is fantastic on her because of how much it helps her successfully complete ganks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really see Lifesteal runes being worth it anymore when the returns are so low.

Edwardo

Qtpie talking on his stream about going to riot to help develop the new champ called raskalon or something.

Could be shenanigans but I dunno

Leezard

Nami sure works out fine in bot lane nowadays. The latest patches and the new spellthief make her more viable than ever. Stack her with Lucian or MF and watch the health of the enemies drop.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your Raskalonヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Newt

If tried running full AD, and even attack speed quints. If you're like me and you play short ranged ADCs (Draven, Sivir, MF, Quinn etc...) you're probably gonna want to keep the lifesteal.

Ferrio

Banned
If tried running full AD, and even attack speed quints. If you're like me and you play short ranged ADCs (Draven, Sivir, MF, Quinn etc...) you're probably gonna want to keep the lifesteal.

Or just bring back sona/soraka/tarics!

Mothman91

Aren't Draven/Sivir/MF almost regular ranged ADCs? I can barely notice the difference in lane between them and let's say a Lucian.

Newt

Aren't Draven/Sivir/MF almost regular ranged ADCs? I can barely notice the difference in lane between them and let's say a Lucian.
Sivir has the lowest range out of any of the other ADCs (500). MF, Draven and Lucian have 550 range, which is lower than a lot of other ADCs. Don't think LS is really needed on Lucian though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nami sure works out fine in bot lane nowadays. The latest patches and the new spellthief make her more viable than ever. Stack her with Lucian or MF and watch the health of the enemies drop.

She's a fine pick in bot lane. But one mistake like a Leona E or a Thresh hook usually spells death or push out of lane so you need to play safe.

Mothman91

Sivir has the lowest range out of any of the other ADCs (500). MF, Draven and Lucian have 550 range, which is lower than a lot of other ADCs. Don't think LS is really needed on Lucian though.
What's your build on MF? BT/PD/(LW or even a black cleaver?).

LS will probably be better on Draven since he gets the most of it.

I'll switch to As quints since my current carries will make the most of it - pre base AS nerfs Cait and Vayne de go

brian!

as quints probably da bomba on caitlyn
im not really excited about the idea that i might need to run different runes for different adcs

I'm getting incredibly frustrated with playing ADC in a lane with a non-meta support against a meta support. It's just stupid how much easier it is for the side with the thresh or leona.

Newt

I'm getting incredibly frustrated with playing ADC in a lane with a non-meta support against a meta support. It's just stupid how much easier it is for the side with the thresh or leona.
That's why you ban both of them every game. Not a big deal now that Kassawin doesn't exist anymore.

Leezard

She's a fine pick in bot lane. But one mistake like a Leona E or a Thresh hook usually spells death or push out of lane so you need to play safe.

Too much aggression can be fatal indeed. You have to exploit that you have much better ranged damage than both of them, though, and thread the line of going too aggressive to really win the lane. Especially Thresh has severe difficulties against Nami unless he hits a hook. Leona is probably the tougher lane there, I haven't faced her yet when I've played Nami the last week or so.

garath

Oh come on.. your Galio/Karthus/Sejuani/Syndra support not doing it for you?

I've had all those supports in the last month

It's been nearly two months since Vel'Koz and still not even a hint at a new champion.

Wtf Rito.

I prefer it this way tbqh. Put more time into polishing existing champs rather than fixing new ones that are usually broken in some way (too strong/weak/buggy). I think the most recent ones that weren't put on the hotseat were Lissandra, Quinn and Nami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom