• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nami sure works out fine in bot lane nowadays. The latest patches and the new spellthief make her more viable than ever. Stack her with Lucian or MF and watch the health of the enemies drop.
She's in a great place. Bubble still has the potential to be the best multi-target CC non-ult in the game. I think the sustain changes also helped give her more meaning.

Ferrio

Banned
I prefer it this way tbqh. Put more time into polishing existing champs rather than fixing new ones that are usually broken in some way (too strong/weak/buggy). I think the most recent ones that weren't put on the hotseat were Lissandra, Quinn and Nami?

Does anyone play Liss at all? I've never seen her in a SR game.

Newt

She's in a great place. Bubble still has the potential to be the best multi-target CC non-ult in the game. I think the sustain changes also helped give her more meaning.
I wouldn't say she's in a great place. She's in a better than average place...

Leezard

Indeed. She does not have the same mana troubles as before thanks to the rune and itemization changes as well.

Blizzard

Banned
Fizz is irritatingly untargettable without requiring skill. Most of the Lebs I meet are bad but I'd rather not risk facing a good one.

Since they banned Hec and Skarner for having absurd DPS, why not Eve? Okay, I'd rather ban Eve than Leb now I remembered her.
Yeah, Fizz has been my #1 ban anyway. I haven't even tried playing him, and he doesn't always do well, but dodging even NON skillshots makes him incredibly annoying. It feels like he's completely untargetable 30-50% of the time, not counting hourglass. =P

Newt

But now we have to ban LeBitch
What gave you that idea?
cSdMQEK.png

Set to platinum solo q fyi.

garath

There's a lot of good bans now.

I still go through the jungle bans especially if I'm planning on jungling something that's not T1:

Khazix, Pantheon, Vi. All good jungle bans. I'm not very scared of Wukong tbh. Vi I'm not too scared of either but she can wreck a midlane.

LeBlanc, Yasuo, Eve all good secondary bans imo.

If I'm planning on playing a T1 jungler, then I like a Thresh and Leona ban. Makes ganking bot lane easier.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think you're playing Lissandra differently from what she normally is played like lol DFG is a luxury item, not your main purchase

People don't actually go burst mage right off the bat on her, they go tanky initiation mage, sort of like Diana was built before the nerfs.
well i think i'm 10-1 on ranked with her so i must be doing something right :I

i normally build dfg first because zhonyas doesn't help me lane and i don't self ult until later in the game. i'll only build zhonyas if i'm the main initiator or i need the armor.

Does anyone play Liss at all? I've never seen her in a SR game.
i play her a lot :3

she's my main toplaner and one of my safer mids when i don't feel like playing ori.

lizzy is an initiator primary and assassin 2ndry

a shield benefits both pretty much
she's whatever you need, that's what's so cool about her

if you're gonna be pushed to turret by like a morde you can buy athene's and counterpush, if your team needs someone to bait their cooldowns you can get zhonyas and if their jinx is really fed you get dfg

Tizoc

Quick question, since I saw this in a few builds:
For Volibear, Black Cleaver is the better weapon to give him over Icy Malet correct?

Leezard

Because I felt like playing Nami one game now when we spoke of her. :)
It was a tough match, with Ryze barely contributing at all, and Jax only doing some split pushing. Luckily Yi and us in bot lane were able to carry.

drawkcaB

Quick question, since I saw this in a few builds:
For Volibear, Black Cleaver is the better weapon to give him over Icy Malet correct?

Neither are particularly great on Volibear. As a general rule of thumb, if you don't have spammable AoE physical damage abilities BC is not a good buy. Frozen Mallet is an alright item on Volibear when your team desperately needs more crowd control. Otherwise a nice amount of CDR and Majestic Roar fulfills Volibear's CC needs.

Volibear gains damage while building health and his ultimate does a terrific amount of damage over time by itself. If you're hell bent on giving Volibear a damage item, then on-hit attack speed items (BotRK, Wit's End, Statik Shiv) are a solid way to go. His own attack speed steroid on W means more on-hit damage procs from the item, and the items' attack speed means more procs of his ult over its duration.

zkylon

zkylewd
She's best support-support.
yea i agree, i just never really get to play a support-support without whining from the team and when i do i just go with sonar cos she's the one i'm most experienced with

but totes imo nami > sona >>> raka

but i just like play thresh or annie 70% of the times, sona 20% and leona 10%. that's basically like it

kulapik

Might not be interesting for anyone of you, but here in Spain one of the biggest TV networks started streaming the LVP (Spanish MLG) on their VOD website and might get coverage on TV. I think that's a pretty big deal for e-sports in Spain.

Here's the link, if someone interested.

http://mitele.es/directo/lvp

I think it's geoblocked though.

Tizoc

Neither are particularly great on Volibear. As a general rule of thumb, if you don't have spammable AoE physical damage abilities BC is not a good buy. Frozen Mallet is an alright item on Volibear when your team desperately needs more crowd control. Otherwise a nice amount of CDR and Majestic Roar fulfills Volibear's CC needs.

Volibear gains damage while building health and his ultimate does a terrific amount of damage over time by itself. If you're hell bent on giving Volibear a damage item, then on-hit attack speed items (BotRK, Wit's End, Statik Shiv) are a solid way to go. His own attack speed steroid on W means more on-hit damage procs from the item, and the items' attack speed means more procs of his ult over its duration.

I see thanks. Thing is I build Black Cleaver on Garen, but is his benefit of it comes from his Spinny Attack (E)?
For that matter which is the better boots for Voli: 20% attack speed or Cooldown?

Leezard

i wish i was more confident playing nami in ranked

i think she's actually super duper strong

She's best support-support.

Oh yes. I really liked playing Nami after her buffs in S3, but switched to Thresh/Leona in S4 (just like everyone else did). I've played a lot of Lulu bot recently, but Nami is definitely stronger right now in both offense and sustain.

The bubble is quite the risky spell, but it's really rewarding when you do hit 2-3 people in teamfights. It's insane how much difference this single spell can do.
Frost Queen's Claim helps a lot to aim bubble on mid range targets, I prefer it before Talisman on Nami.

Oh yes. I really liked playing Nami after her buffs in S3, but switched to Thresh/Leona in S4 (just like everyone else did). I've played a lot of Lulu bot recently, but Nami is definitely stronger right now in both offense and sustain.

I've played Nami almost exclusively this season and for the tail end of last. I feel safer - at least in Silver Shitters - playing Nami rather than Leo/Thresh as when I get to the mid-game as the latter I feel too reliant on the team following me in/knowing what to do so I always feel a bit lost. With Nami at least, my role is the same all through out and the spells remain just as effective throught.

Late game Nami build with Morello's/Liandy's is beast mode.

zkylon

zkylewd

The bubble is quite the risky spell, but it's really rewarding when you do hit 2-3 people in teamfights. It's insane how much difference this single spell can do.
Frost Queen's Claim helps a lot to aim bubble on mid range targets, I prefer it before Talisman on Nami.
hmm i might try that sometime

she's got enough disengage in her ult to really need shurelyas and while e'ing yourself and autoing is pretty strong and reliable it's not aoe so yea

she was like my first champion but i really wish leona would just die already lol

it just conditions makes me feel really unsafe picking someone that isn't thresh and it's not like i have an amazing record on him or anything (really i'm shit in s4 :<)

I've played Nami almost exclusively this season and for the tail end of last. I feel safer - at least in Silver Shitters - playing Nami rather than Leo/Thresh as when I get to the mid-game as the latter I feel too reliant on the team following me in/knowing what to do so I always feel a bit lost. With Nami at least, my role is the same all through out and the spells remain just as effective throught.

ah i stop at morellos for ap, then it's all tanky for me like with every support but annie and yolo sona games

drawkcaB

I see thanks. Thing is I build Black Cleaver on Garen, but is his benefit of it comes from his Spinny Attack (E)?

Correct.

BC's armor reduction stacks every time you deal physical damage. In the case of Garen, every damage tick of his spin will proc Cleaver's damage reduction so he gets to apply the armor reduction in an AoE quite quickly. In addition, Garen also benefits from Cleaver's CDR, damage, and health. Contrast that to Volibear who has two methods to deal physical damage, his AAs and his active W bite. You can only reduce the armor of a single target at a time and it takes time to apply all 5 stacks. Other champions who make great use of BC are Kha'Zix, Wukong, and Riven.

Remember that while armor penetration only benefits a single champion, armor reduction benefits everyone on the team able to deal physical damage. In this sense, you can sort of think of Black Cleaver as a pseudo-support item.

Leezard

Yeah, Nami is a bit more straight forward as your team never really expects you to initiate a fight (unless you already have with your ult), you won't get caught up in the conundrum of both needing to use your spells to initiate and be the peel for your carry at the same time.
hmm i might try that sometime

she's got enough disengage in her ult to really need shurelyas and while e'ing yourself and autoing is pretty strong and reliable it's not aoe so yea

she was like my first champion but i really wish leona would just die already lol

it just conditions makes me feel really unsafe picking someone that isn't thresh and it's not like i have an amazing record on him or anything (really i'm shit in s4 :<)

If you do hit your own allies with your ult, they will get the movespeed from Nami's passive as well. The passive works with the bubble as well for some extremely specific situations. In this game, I bought Captain's boots enchantment to aid my team when retreating towards me. I really like it since the buff. FQC is decent on some champions where hitting a skill shot might be necessary to catch someone, even though Talisman is good in most situations.

edit: Summoner Heal is really nice at the moment as well, especially when you have an extra heal on a skill and/or Mikaels.

I can't remember which "pro" it was but they said the reason Nami isn't viable competitively is due to the reliance on the Q which I find just a bit embarrassing.

It's one skillshot.

zkylon

zkylewd
edit: Summoner Heal is really nice at the moment as well, especially when you have an extra heal on a skill and/or Mikaels.
yea i've forced my friends to run heal on adc and i'll run exhaust on support

better than barrier and ignite right now imo

50% damage reduction is just way too good

I can't remember which "pro" it was but they said the reason Nami isn't viable competitively is due to the reliance on the Q which I find just a bit embarrassing.

It's one skillshot.
well it's one of the hardest to land skillshots in the game to be fair

but pmd played her so no excuses

i bet it was like chauster or something

sounds like a shitty excuse that would come from someone from clg

Leezard

It's one skillshot.

Yeah, that stuff happens a lot. Pros stopped playing Ahri once you were required to hit your E to do proper damage. They essentially always want the safest, most consistent and strongest option.

In addition, the bubble is harder to hit and riskier than say Thresh hook.

for pro level players it is pretty easy to dodge certain skillshots, a skillshot with a big hitbox like morgana q or lee q is much easier to land

Indeed, the skill shot going straight forward makes it so much easier as you won't need to predict their movements as much.

yea i've forced my friends to run heal on adc and i'll run exhaust on support

better than barrier and ignite right now imo

50% damage reduction is just way too good
I've seen other people go heal on the adc/exhaust, but I'm not completely convinced yet. I might have to try it a couple of times, it does seem like a potent combination. Heal and Barrier combo makes for ridiculous survivals during laning phase.

brian!

for pro level players it is pretty easy to dodge certain skillshots, a skillshot with a big hitbox like morgana q or lee q is much easier to land
then again it's easier to thread minions with smaller skillshots, but that's often done to hit someone by surprise

i remember thinking during allstars that NA shouldn't play too many skillshots since they are all just gonna get dodged most of the time

heal seems really good, but barrier blocks more during laning I think

It's one skillshot.
It's one skillshot with a considerable delay that most pro players combined with high mobility ADCs will dodge often.

It's not that she's bad but you'd require someone like Madlife to make that thing work on it's own. If you combine with her slow buff then sure, but competitively-speaking that's a liability that could cost them the lane.

When it comes to competitive play, if you have the opportunity to be braindead OP instead of effort OP, you will do so.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, that stuff happens a lot. Pros stopped playing Ahri once you were required to hit your E to do proper damage. They essentially always want the safest, most consistent and strongest option.

In addition, the bubble is harder to hit and riskier than say Thresh hook.
yea pros are pussies :D

I've seen other people go heal on the adc/exhaust, but I'm not completely convinced yet. I might have to try it a couple of times, it does seem like a potent combination. Heal and Barrier combo makes for ridiculous survivals during laning phase.

heal and barrier also sounds strong but i really like the new exhaust. dunno how much difference it makes against adcs (like is 50% dmg reduction + 30% as reduction better than 30% dmg reduction + 50% as reduction? sounds to me like sure but stats aren't always so straightforward and i'm no good at math) but i really like it

Does Heal give that healing debuff still? If not, I can see Heal + Heal combos bot lane being quite abusive.

debuff is still there ofc

Nekofrog

Banned

heal and barrier also sounds strong but i really like the new exhaust. dunno how much difference it makes against adcs (like is 50% dmg reduction + 30% as reduction better than 30% dmg reduction + 50% as reduction? sounds to me like sure but stats aren't always so straightforward and i'm no good at math) but i really like it

if running exhaust/heal, i think i would prefer the adc to have the heal for laning phase as he would be more used to having a "shit save me" skill, like old style barrier baits. and ofc supports at this point are used to exhausting.

Leezard

In most cases the new exhaust should be better. It's definitely better if the adc has spells, it might not be better against say Vayne. It's definitely better against non-adcs as well.
Heal/Barrier against Exhaust/Heal could depend a bit on the matchup I think. In cases where both enemies are a threat (Annie lanes) I can see Exhaust not being as useful, while Barrier/Heal might allow you to survive the burst and win the fight with sustained damage. In cases where only a single enemy in lane will be a threat (or there is a really scary enemy), Exhaust will probably win out. Barrier does have a lower cooldown than Heal as well as a better damage block in the best case scenario, but if you have the utility masteries both will be up at the same time (i.e when support and adc uses heal and barrier at the same time).

I see. There will be no dual heal abuse then.

zkylon

zkylewd
if running exhaust/heal, i think i would prefer the adc to have the heal for laning phase as he would be more used to having a "shit save me" skill, like old style barrier baits. and ofc supports at this point are used to exhausting.

yea totes, can't trust adc with exhausting the right target, wouldn't want to keep their minds off dat attack move!

In most cases the new exhaust should be better. It's definitely better if the adc has spells, it might not be better against say Vayne. It's definitely better against non-adcs as well.
Heal/Barrier against Exhaust/Heal could depend a bit on the matchup I think. In cases where both enemies are a threat (Annie lanes) I can see Exhaust not being as useful, while Barrier/Heal might allow you to survive the burst and win the fight with sustained damage. In cases where only a single enemy in lane will be a threat (or there is a really scary enemy), Exhaust will probably win out. Barrier does have a lower cooldown than Heal as well as a better damage block in the best case scenario, but if you have the utility masteries both will be up at the same time (i.e when support and adc uses heal and barrier at the same time).
gotcha

i'm taking it often since blind pick is all we got for normals here and i like exhausting assassins and like karthus as well as adcs. like past laning phase ignite is sort of barely useful as support (well probably true for mid too, but you're on your own mid so i really like taking ignite so i can look scary). i like throwing ignite on like the adc to mess up their lifesteal but i'd rather just make them deal less damage (and heal less too if we're at it)

it lasts less and deals no damage ofc but i find that you can now actually pick who you want to exhaust rather than it being kind of a waste on anyone that's not the adc

Just saw a zkylon post on reddit reppin that #neogaf life.
rly?

did i say something embarassing?

i mostly post in reddit to praise good fanart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom