• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
People also ban Lee Bin and Morgana sometimes. Lolking says Vi is the second most banned champ in the last month but I don't believe them.

Boken

Banned
I also said Ryze's problems are complicated, because they stem from not only the fact he has on-click abilities, but also because he has hyper-scaling, and his scaling is non-traditional and allows him to build unusually tanky compared to most other hyper-carries.

Ryze is relatively complicated problem compared to a much simpler problem like, "Hey guys maybe Terrify shouldn't be 1,000 range because that would suck."

yea but youre implying there arent any tradeoffs for those attributes
so it really is 'terrify cant be 1000 range cos its targeted'

'hyperscaling cos he sucks early'

'unusually tanky because he has low range'

'low range because he has targeted abilities'

hes basically cassio who doesnt suck early:

cassio:
low range because she has targeted abilities
-tanky
+not sucking early
hyperscaling

zkylon

zkylewd
ticky bomb talk
but carries are puny little girls while ryze is ridiculously tanky

a 6 item carry can be killed. 6 item ryze is basically game over. ga kinda makes adcs a lot harder to kill but imo that's just the item itself being kinda dumb. there's no comparing that to ryze's combination of frozen heart, roa, seraph shield, banshees, even his own ga, etc.

and i don't think time bomb strategy is a good strategy for the game to have. the game shouldn't have variety for variety's sake, i like evelynn, i like shen, i like tf and karthus. i don't mind hyper scaling or weird shit as long as it's tied to something that you can counter if you play right. champions like karthus or jinx or cass aren't "it's lategame, you lose".

if you brush catch ryze lategame there's like 60% chance you just threw the game lol

and like there's no outplaying ryze, if you're in range you're dead, and lategame the guy can turn into freaking rammus every 30 seconds.

also i dunno where that lebonk talk comes from, i didn't say anything about her late game (i think?)

The solution is to make Ryze powerful enough to get banned.
i wouldn't mind this

lebonk crazies
yea i think new lebonk is way better than the old one

old one was super annoying to lane against (new lebonk is nowhere near as ridiculously overpowering in lane as old lebonk was) and your team would always sigh when you picked her.

they also made her A LOT more fun to play, tho i've moved on to ahri since farming on her is easier and ahri is imo more versatile

plus lebonk is banned in ranked a lot

There are a lot of mid-laners out there whose egos can't handle Vi getting one high-probability gank off on them per laning phase.
hey dude, i just got my ego crushed by a j4 so have so mercy for midlaners

sometimes you end up 0-6-1 and feel like the whole world's against you

but yea i ban lee sin 24/7 gtfo and never come back

Snowman

There are a lot of mid-laners out there whose egos can't handle Vi getting one high-probability gank off on them per laning phase.

i would ban vi every game a while back when i played adc because fuck dealing with that noise (i would ban nocturne every game too if he was played more)

tm24

Played Alistar support for the first time today against a trist/morg bot lane and a kat in mid. Shit is fun after you get that movespeed. Can't spellshield all that cc with a jinx bot lane. Went 0/0/24 and jinx went 19/1/8

i would ban vi every game a while back when i played adc because fuck dealing with that noise (i would ban nocturne every game too if he was played more)

Yeah, it does suck getting jumped on by her late game as an ADC, but most of the people I see asking for Vi bans have been calling mid. They just don't want her to come in for that gank at Lv6, pretty much, because in their private world "the only reason I lost that game was because Vi ganked me".

Personally I'd rather ban a champion like Lee or Elise who can actually get off multiple ganks from 1-6 with high success rate, but I guess the mid laners just felt like Vi "unfairly" targeted them since that lane was her most common destination for the Lv6 bump-and-dump.

Snowman

Yeah, it does suck getting jumped on by her late game as an ADC, but most of the people I see asking for Vi bans have been calling mid. They just don't want her to come in for that gank at Lv6, pretty much, because in their private world "the only reason I lost that game was because Vi ganked me".

Personally I'd rather ban a champion like Lee or Elise who can actually get off multiple ganks from 1-6 with high success rate, but I guess the mid laners just felt like Vi "unfairly" targeted them since that lane was her most common destination for the Lv6 bump-and-dump.

I feel like I see no Lees or Elises since 4.5 hit, like maybe 1 in every 10 games or so, crazy the difference one patch can make

Tizoc

Thanks for the info guys. Gonna give Aatrox another try, wonder what he's like if I start building them Tank...

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently blood moon akali and shen are on sale

blood moon akali is pretty neat

might pick her up since owning nurse akali makes me feel ashamed of myself

Snowman

so since i started playing xin zhao jungle or soraka mid in ranked whenever i can I've gone 13W/3L and 7W/1L with each of them.. finally back in plat 3 also which is great, hopefully my two new favourite champs will carry me a bit higher before they get nerfed in some way

Playing 5 man premade is so fun.

Sometimes I forget how fun this game is when you just play with friends rather than rank solo q all day. It really takes the fun out of you, and the stress level just goes through the roof.

Plus it's nice knowing there's people you can trust. Lately I've been a very greedy solo q player (taking all the kills, and downright ksing like flashing for a kill when there's no reason), and it has paid off lately. So many games within the last week where I give the kills to carries (as jungler) and just have them blow the game. Guess with solo Q you just have to take that mentality of do it yourself.

Boken

Banned
zkylon pls stop responding to the 2salty2dota people in that thread

thts my job
i dont want ur support im a top laner

He's still the support that bot lane deserves, even if he isn't the support that bot lane needs right now.

isnt angus the puncher gragas?

also, sigis is hinting at the next champion - its going to be a "manly" support champ.

Tizoc

Learning Aatrox is hard T.T

DOESN'T HELP THAT OUR FREAKIN' MORGANA SOMEHOW LET NASUS STACK 700 POINTS FOR HIS Q BY THE END GAME!

isnt angus the puncher gragas?

also, sigis is hinting at the next champion - its going to be a "manly" support champ.

If I remember right, they actually promised a "manly" support when the Angus thing was making the rounds, which turned out to be Thresh.

I guess skeletons are kind of manly?

Leezard

Promising a manly support when nobody will be manlier than Taric is kind of a bad move though, people will be expecting Angus the Puncher like manliness.

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon pls stop responding to the 2salty2dota people in that thread

thts my job
i dont want ur support im a top laner
well i'm a roaming support gotdamnit!

also like i have a friend that plays doto now, so i can't hate doters anymore

If I remember right, they actually promised a "manly" support when the Angus thing was making the rounds, which turned out to be Thresh.

I guess skeletons are kind of manly?
well tbh the roles in league is a bit sexist

i don't mind since there's lotsa girls in the roles i like but there's not that many female fighters or tanks which i guess is again cool since i have a friend that hates playing girls and outright refused to give riven a shot even if she was like the ideal champion for him.

so like i figure real men and not little girls like me that actually enjoy the manly roles don't want to play no women

Could be worse, you could have the Capcom Vagina Tax.

I mean, I hope they do put out another manly support, just for variety's sake, and maybe one or two manly mages that are actually viable wouldn't hurt.

I'll trade you that for a couple of moe junglers and a top lane tsundere or two.

zkylon

zkylewd
deal

i need a new top laner anyways and i have decided i have not the will to get good at riven anymore

i should give irelia another shot but i don't really like autoattackers

i just know i'm gonna be a huge fan of reworked fiora

Leezard

deal

i need a new top laner anyways and i have decided i have not the will to get good at riven anymore

i should give irelia another shot but i don't really like autoattackers

i just know i'm gonna be a huge fan of reworked fiora
Not like auto attackers

Bet you're gonna be a big fan of fiora

Okay, for your top lane champion we'll make a really stern lady samurai like Satsuki from Kill la Kill or Busujima from High School of the Dead.

Jungle, I dunno. Maybe just redesign Skarner so it's a little girl wearing oversized lobster claws and a scorpion stinger.

In return, I want Support Dio.

Okay, for your top lane champion we'll make a really stern lady samurai like Satsuki from Kill la Kill or Busujima from High School of the Dead.

Jungle, I dunno. Maybe just redesign Skarner so it's a little girl wearing oversized lobster claws and a scorpion stinger.

In return, I want Support Dio.
What the fuck is this?

Dio-sama supports no one, he uses his teammates like pawns. So obviously he needs to be a hyper-carry ADC or a high skill cap, early game monster jungler or a mid lane assassin with a untargetability skill.

What the fuck is this?

Dio-sama supports no one, he uses his teammates like pawns. So obviously he needs to be a hyper-carry ADC or a high skill cap, early game monster jungler or a mid lane assassin with a untargetability skill.

That's what modern supports are all about. They send their goons - the ADCs - out to fight the enemy's minions, because they can't be bothered. They only show up when the time has come for the dramatic showdown with the enemy champions; they don't have time to piddle about with creeps like some mortal scum.

Modern supports initiate. Modern supports dictate the pace of the game. Modern supports... are za warudo.

Okay not really, but Dio-level manliness is still desired.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hm, quite possible. She will probably still deal some more auto hits than yasuo though.
well i'm not a hater of autoattacks themselves

i am an ori "main" after all

but like i don't really enjoy autoattack champions like jax or ALL THE ADCARRIES

which kinda explains why the only adcs i've played in ranked are corki, graves, varus and ezreal

i kinda really like jinx too but that's cos it's hard not to be in love with her

everyone should be a fan of fiora

past present and future
actually i've always liked her

but she's like someone put like 6 kits in a blender

Snowman

and yet she has one of the highest winrates in the game.

kappa

Yeah she's pretty fucking good right now, I just feel really unreliable on her, like i'll either go huge and carry the game ezpz, or i won't do anything useful at all for the entire game and everyone on my team will hate me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom