• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
said it before

feral flare fiora is pretty legit.
Not just jungle, but mid as well.

Fatman is but a memory, new feast mastery combined with her passive are a lot more valuable now that LS quints got nerfed - and she makes more use of a full AD page anyways -, cheaper Fury boots, mid-tier armor items got a bit weaker, etc.

Scaling health vs Flat health is basically asking yourself how vulnerable you are while laning.

Squishies will probably want to take flat health against rougher laners, but if you can have an easy time for the first 6 levels or so scaling will be better.

Decided to get Singed since he's on sale. Any tips on how to properly use his Ulti?
Basically pretend his ult is a summoner spell.

Are you dying? Use it
Are you going to die soon if you don't use it? Use it
Can you initiate on someone out of position by running at them and flipping their ass? Use it

Nekofrog

Banned
Not just jungle, but mid as well.

Fatman is but a memory, new feast mastery combined with her passive are a lot more valuable now that LS quints got nerfed - and she makes more use of a full AD page anyways -, cheaper Fury boots, mid-tier armor items got a bit weaker, etc.

So with a lot of people running minus armor yellows these days, if you take say an Armor pen red/AD quint page on Fiora and go mid, wouldn't you theoretically fucking nuke them at low levels with autos?

Tizoc

Basically pretend his ult is a summoner spell.

Are you dying? Use it
Are you going to die soon if you don't use it? Use it
Can you initiate on someone out of position by running at them and flipping their ass? Use it

I see thanks.

Gonna try Fiora soon and see how shitty I am using her...

So with a lot of people running minus armor yellows these days, if you take say an Armor pen red/AD quint page on Fiora and go mid, wouldn't you theoretically fucking nuke them at low levels with autos?
No armorpenrino

Full AD page, doran's start, W at level 1, jump at them the moment you hit 2, watch them blow flash, do it again at 3 or 4 and you'll probably get FB if the enemy laner underestimates you, if they don't you can just farm normally while dodging harass.

Tizoc

My first match as Fiora!
Q8vuzBv.jpg

After those 2 items I wanted to make her a Black Cleaver, just got stuck deciding on what my next item would be. Alternatively I could've gone Youmuu+Infinity Edge. 40% CRIT chance doesn't sound too bad!

drawkcaB

... I guess, if you mean I put the words you're saying right now in your mouth?

Imperfected said:
I'm legitimately curious to hear you make a case for why a zero-risk champion should be flat-out better than a risky champion.

Never said this. That's what I was referring to.

I said in my post that you usually get other things - especially range - in exchange for giving up the security of can't-miss abilities. (This is a stealth post directed at Boken.)

Imperfected said:
Not necessarily "intricacy", but it stands to reason that a champion who is capable of failing to hit with most/all of their damage (Gragas) should outdamage a champion who can't miss with any of their damage (Ryze) in the circumstance that they successfully land all of their skills. (All else being equal, obviously.)

All the other stuff you mentioned is shear power as well, extra range, more CC, etc. I read your post just fine. I was saying more complex champions should have greater variety in play patterns and roles, which encompasses more.

I know my posts run a bit long, but maybe actually read them to see if you aren't actually agreeing with me rather than jumping straight to being contrary?

Because I'm not really agreeing with your ideas?

(Also, you originally disagreed with me, so please don't point at me "jumping straight to being contrary")

drawkcaB

Jesus Warwick is a pain in the ass now. I practically have to buy executioners calling any time I see him on the other team.

It's one of those uncommon instances where the plat+ meta catches up to the Wood 5 meta. I've played against about 10 Warwick's since S4 started. Every single one did well. Shame that his rework is going to take at least until the end of this year to come out. I'd love to pick him up in the jungle just because I think a werewolf champ is pretty sweet thematically, but I've learned two things in my jungle marathon and those are that A.) I can't play true carry junglers and B.) with a few exceptions I can't play - and dislike to play - champions with only one form of CC.

spaceboy

Banned
OMFG I JUST QUEUED UP FOR RANK AND NOW LEAGUE REFUSES TO CONNECT TO THE GAME AFTER CHAMP SELECT

EDIT: Ok, after a opening and closing the client three times, the game has apparently disbanded and I'm back in the normal client.

Ferrio

Banned
My first match as Fiora!
Q8vuzBv.jpg

After those 2 items I wanted to make her a Black Cleaver, just got stuck deciding on what my next item would be. Alternatively I could've gone Youmuu+Infinity Edge. 40% CRIT chance doesn't sound too bad!

Ah you're still playing blind matches?

Leezard

This has been a great game so far.There has even been a baron throw for those who like the NA playstyle.

Gambit is running new Kassadin.

drawkcaB

Support flat. Jungle scaling. At least from my impressions so far.

Trying a half flat hp, half flat armor seal setup for bot lane.

I really need to fix up all my rune pages. Turns out all my jungle pages are now out of fashion. Hell, all my pages are probably bad now. I only just now figured out that swapping out my armor seals for health is a net EHP vs. physical gain for my junglers, and I even have a few like Naut and Sej that would really like that extra starting health.

Leezard

You wouldn't see stuff like this in NA though. To me it's just a massive lapse of judgement.
Yeah, NA never dare to try new stuff. ;P
That's Gambit for you though, they will do all the lapses in judgement they can. Unproven champion in the playoffs? Sure!

"Darien need to stop feeding" - from the stream

garath

I really need to fix up all my rune pages. Turns out all my jungle pages are now out of fashion. Hell, all my pages are probably bad now. I only just now figured out that swapping out my armor seals for health is a net EHP vs. physical gain for my junglers, and I even have a few like Naut and Sej that would really like that extra starting health.

I've been slowly but surely changing my pages. It's not like the old ones are BAD but more optimal ones are coming out. I recently ran an attack speed page for adc bot lane and loved it. Swapped my blues for CDR on most of my jungle pages (don't own enough hp/lvl yet to change out the armor) and loved it for Rengar and Yi.

Was a nice change.

DeadNames

Banned
I think feral flare is one of the best things for the game right now. Nocturne, shaco, xin, shyv, yi, aatrox, we, etc are all good now. Its no longer vi/Lee/Elise.

Granted it may be a little too strong now, but its a step in the right direction.

drawkcaB

I've been slowly but surely changing my pages. It's not like the old ones are BAD but more optimal ones are coming out. I recently ran an attack speed page for adc bot lane and loved it. Swapped my blues for CDR on most of my jungle pages (don't own enough hp/lvl yet to change out the armor) and loved it for Rengar and Yi.

Was a nice change.

Definitely give Nocturne a go with the CDR runes too if you haven't yet. Shaving off 18 seconds after the first use of his ultimate is huge. Rengar and Xin scale so well off of CDR it's great on them too. I personally run 3 flat MR glyphs, 6 flat CDR glyphs and pick-up 5% CDR in the masteries for 10% starting CDR. I can't bring myself to get more than that even though it might be good just because I never want to go over the CDR cap...but then again it's uncommon my games last long enough for that to be an issue, I dunno, maybe I should go full CDR glyphs.

jerd said:
What's the state of Zyra support with new support items? She still suck?

What now? She didn't even suck before the changes to the spellthief line. Ever since the changes she's been sporting a win rate above 50% on lolking and lolbuilder. Her plants and AA range let her abuse spellthief better than other supports.

DeadNames said:
I think feral flare is one of the best things for the game right now. Nocturne, shaco, xin, shyv, yi, aatrox, we, etc are all good now. Its no longer vi/Lee/Elise.

Granted it may be a little too strong now, but its a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I hope Riot gets around to addressing the issue of the tank junglers clearing slowly soon. If they can do that, man, jungle is going to be in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom