• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talents

Banned
lol, was trying to see if I can get some luck with a optic varus skin on http://www.reddit.com/r/LeagueOfGiving/new/

holy fuck, there was just a thread about less than a minute ago for other servers beside NA and within 30 seconds, 50+ comments were in there.

fuck that shit.

Yeah I sometimes go onto it hoping to find a code, then I see a thread made like a minute or 2 ago with loads of comments and just nope outta there.

The times I've played her since the patch have been kinder to her mid game. The removal of the mana cost on her attack speed boost combined with the rune changes have left her in a good place. The people who think she has a particularly weak mid game probably build BotRK on her or something.

do you do the Shiv rush people used to try or do you just go BT?

garath

Her jump deals 250 damage in an AoE dumbass.

That was word-for-wrd said to me by a Trist with BT/PD/IE a few months ago.

Lol. So many Tristanas do that. It's one thing to try and secure a kill and get a reset. It's a completely different thing to just dive headlong into a team.

My problem was I would get focused and jump COMPLETELY out of the fight. I would avoid the focus but no longer be able to participate in the fight and removed any chances of resets. I've learned a lot more about adc positioning since then.

That's almost as bad as jumping in and dying. Both is a 4v5

Newt

The times I've played her since the patch have been kinder to her mid game. The removal of the mana cost on her attack speed boost combined with the rune changes have left her in a good place. The people who think she has a particularly weak mid game probably build BotRK on her or something.
Oh really? I haven't played her since 2 months ago, so that's probably true.

how am i supposed to build xin? just played a game as him and did pretty well but all my lanes won so all i had to do was farm and build the recommended items. Feral into Bork into tank?

Blizzard

Banned
how am i supposed to build xin? just played a game as him and did pretty well but all my lanes won so all i had to do was farm and build the recommended items. Feral into Bork into tank?
I've started basically doing this on any AD jungler besides Kha'zix (who would want hydra, though I haven't played him lately). I'm not saying it's a GOOD idea, just something I do since I'm braindead. :p

Feral into BOTRK into tank items. I tried hydra a couple of times, seems like it would be nice on Nocturne, but ultimately I want to autoattack fast so I just BOTRK.

garath

Wriggles/spirit -> brutalizer-> hexdrinker-> tank.

You can get away with that on most AD junglers - feral flare or spirit.

drawkcaB

Xin has lots of build paths. The hotness for now since Wriggle's is OP is what you suggested, but Wriggle->Ghostblade and Wriggle->Trinity Force are also valid offensive item paths for Feral Flare centric jungle builds. Trinity Force spikes his burst, build it when the enemy team has one champ carrying the hell of of them and you need him taken out ASAP. Ghostblade is a bit more situational, but is useful vs. squishy teams with good mobility and when you think you'll be transitioning into a tank to peel for your carries.

Once SotAG is improved for tank junglers (at least that's what I'm assuming Riot is referencing when they mentioned they're looking into speeding up tank junglers clear times ) that'll be strong path as well. Hell, you can still go SotEL because Xin loves CDR.

I still undecided about what yellow runes to buy, mana regen could be useful but i am being damaged to much so maybe armor runes *buys leona*.

Mana regen per levels are good? holy damn so many runes

Edit: Blue runes are weird

Ferrio

Banned
Not sure how their viewed nowadays, but mana regen runes were usually considered a waste. I still think they are. Just need to learn better mana conservation and get a chalice if you're mana starved ap.

Snowman

Go feral into bilgewater then get tanky and finish your botrk later on, otherwise you wont get tanky until too late

I usually go: wriggles -> merc treads -> cutlass -> wardens mail -> spirit visage -> finish randuins -> finish botrk but change it around based on enemy team, what kind of tankiness I need every now and then

Finally (!) managed to win a game as Sona support - helped their Morg didn't bother with wards but whatever. Her ramp up time is way too long/costly for what she brings to the table though, which is a shame as once I got going I felt like I really was keeping my team going.

cHinzo

Wow, we were literally 2 hits on the Nexus away from winning, but our Zed and Graves decided to fountain dive and we lost the game. Such a sad feeling. ;__;

Moodmon

Neo Member
So jungle Fiora is a thing right? It is just so much fun. Go round clearing camps occasionally ganking people, good times. Well apart from being French which I'm not supposed to like but dat accent.

With regards Feral Flame in general, do you just constantly camp clear or can you just go ganking with impunity? I'm struggling to get it to transform as I spend so much time ganking/running around the map like a headless chicken.

jerd

Aaah, a new support. I hope it's not a Thresh situation in balance. It's cool if he is as well designed as Thresh though.

That's kinda what I'm thinking. Thresh's mechanics are so awesome that it is probably impossible for him to not be overpowered, but at the same time he is incredibly well designed.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm signing up now to play the new support mid and/or ADC and/or top lane bruiser until they're nerfed.

And Thresh mechanics could probably be made non-overpowered if his lantern gave no shield (it is currently hard enough for me to click on it, I always click the wrong button, or click the right button but it takes two or three tries to register), or if the lantern chain was a really short reach, or if the pull chain was a really short reach. I'm not saying those would be GOOD changes necessarily, but if the distances were shortened enough, he might become not very good.

cHinzo

Thresh isn't overpowered. Just well designed. U could take away all his damages and he would still be a fine pick, because of his kit. I hope the new support lives up to this standard.

Boken

Banned
i dont know what "well designed" means

i just think his kit is overloaded. he has 5x utility spells in his kit, which kinda puts an incredibly high standard on the kits of other supports

Boken

Banned
pity zkylon wasnt watching lcs

late game ryze op unstoppable tanky high damage yeah right.
1x or even 2x armor items isnt going to stop a long range carry from shredding you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom