• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used smartcast with range indicators before making the switch to fullon smartcast and I felt like a much better player after getting rid of the range indicators. The input lag kinda prevents smooth combos.

Different strokes, tho.

Newt

I used smartcast with range indicators before making the switch to fullon smartcast and I felt like a much better player after getting rid of the range indicators. The input lag kinda prevents smooth combos.

Different strokes, tho.
I use both depending on the champ. I haven't really noticed a difference?

zkylon

zkylewd
i like the range indicators. i use that always since i can just hold the key and aim which i find useful for skillshots

garath

Yeah, I'm talking about release.

There's not much lag to it at all, imo.Especially if you're light handed. Hardly makes a difference on a lot of ADCs, but it's useful if you're going for max range Qs in lane on Ez or something.

I use smartcast with no indicators but have SHIFT-button bound to the click cast if I need range.

Range indicators don't work with the delay I'm used to playing, I can never rapid fire abilities as fast as I would smartcasting normally.

I just use the champion enough until I get a feeling of the range.

brian!

[4:19] Schmattakopf: -5% time dead, for a total of -15%
[4:19] soda cop: too bad you can't gift runes
[4:19] soda cop: or i'd send those to kiunch

[4:20] soda cop: when's the last time you even posted?
[4:21] Schmattakopf: I don't know, it's a lot of effort
[4:21] soda cop: you just have to type in all lower case like xcloser. then it's easy

some harsh words, presented to you by soda cop

am i really the only one who types with lower case letters

crs cope: soda cope

I do smartcast or not by champion. Like, if I'm playing Morganna or Thresh support I'd rather have the range indicators than the fraction of a second advantage of smartcast. I also turn off smartcast on mid Lulu because fuck you I'm old, I can't keep track of where that little shit Pix has gotten off to.

No real point in range indicators for like a Nidalee, though.

The only time I turn off smartcast for something is when I play fiddle. Can't smartcast his ult. I end up clicking out of range and walking instead of actually casting and it loses teamfights.

So I was watching the caitlyn spotlight in some parts of the video he was moving her and auto attacking at the same time but instead of the blue movement indicator it was orange.

How do you do that?

You monster.

Or possibly just a top-laner/ADC, I dunno. To be honest there are only a handful of champions it's super useful on, though in their cases it's almost required. Like, trying to play support Morganna just isn't likely to work without using self-cast shortcut. You need to get that shield up with a quickness when Leona and Thresh come for your goodies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i dont smartcast at all. :(

videogame habits are hard for me to break. ask anyone who saw my sc2 'hotkeys'

1-0 MOAR HATCHERIES YOLO.

CTRL+A->RIGHT CLICK ENEMY BASE GG

zerg so easy.

Riot really needs to add features from Curse Voice on the normal client.

Not being able to see ult and summoners timers on allies is stupid.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm kind of divided on the timers thing

like i feel like it's forcing teamwide coordination in a cool way

like it feels really good when i manage to coordinate with jungler like a ward+flash timer or something like that

i feel like having timers everywhere would cheapen that

but like at the same time some things like ult times and summoner spells for your own team wouldn't be so bad

i just like the I'VE GOT FLASH TIBBERS IN 10 9 8 thing

garath

Managing timers is one of the most annoying parts of jungling. So much so that I've come close to writing my own program just to keep track of them. Hit F1, your blue timer. Hit F2, your red timer, etc.

I never got around to it though.

I wouldn't mind the game keeping track - as long as you see it.

zkylon

zkylewd
well if curse voice goes out of beta and is not banned by rito we'll all eventually end up getting it for better or worse

i'm kind of divided on the timers thing

like i feel like it's forcing teamwide coordination in a cool way

like it feels really good when i manage to coordinate with jungler like a ward+flash timer or something like that

i feel like having timers everywhere would cheapen that

but like at the same time some things like ult times and summoner spells for your own team wouldn't be so bad

i just like the I'VE GOT FLASH TIBBERS IN 10 9 8 thing
But you can have teamwide coordination without having to stop for 5 seconds to type something as meaningless as "ult in 10". I can go in seeing you'll have your ult in 5 seconds and you'll probably use it because you'll also know my ult is up.

You don't need timers for everything - stuff like buff, dragon, baron, enemy summoner spells need to be manually controlled - but knowing your Annie can flash stun if necessary shouldn't be an issue. I mean we already have the little balls that show when ults are up, why not give out the goddamn timer

zkylon

zkylewd
speaking of Curse Voice, I got 5 beta keys today but I already had one so...

quote for the codes if you want them. enter them here.
took the second one

see if it feels like cheating

But you can have teamwide coordination without having to stop for 5 seconds to type something as meaningless as "ult in 10". I can go in seeing you'll have your ult in 5 seconds and you'll probably use it because you'll also know my ult is up.

You don't need timers for everything - stuff like buff, dragon, baron, enemy summoner spells need to be manually controlled - but knowing your Annie can flash stun if necessary shouldn't be an issue. I mean we already have the little balls that show when ults are up, why not give out the goddamn timer
yea i don't mind the friendly cooldowns as much as i do the jungle camps and enemy stuff

that part feels wrong to me at least intuitively

it doesn't really.

like the only thing it does that you can't do yourself with chat timers is give you the cooldown of your team's ults, that's it. Doesn't give buff timers or anything, just dragon and baron

brian!

i feel like im playing league of legends in a gundam
not caring about timers -> having someone do it for me
this is a natural evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom