• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks allot. I didn't know how to harass perfectly with Renekton but after reading your posts and watching some youtube videos I am starting to get the grip. The only thing I do not like is when pantheon is not banned so anxiety goes high; spear, spear and spear and he is perfectly zoning you out.

Decided to buy Shyvana and I love this class as well because if for example there is someone I do not wish you to on lane on top, I can switch to jungle and someone else can do top for me. Dominated the hell out of Trundle too which always makes me day (Hate him so much).

I am silver 4 now so skill is starting to pick up a bit; our adc had a terrible day (basically the enemy's team had a Lucian ending with 22-6, but we still won them in the end; no towers in our base). Was so epic.

I just played a Pantheon last night. He was gold 2 and was camped by his duo partner a Lee Sin). (Went cloth 5 btw).

Usually I go E second if I have no idea where their jungler is (because by in large you're going to be shoving because of your Q). However I knew Lee wasn't going to be top side until I was going to be 3.

So got to lane the standard right just last hit, no shoving. After the first 3 melee minions die I Q the 3 caster minions to build the fury, (You should hit 2 on the 7th minion so I actually did a little of shoving here to make sure I get to 2 before he did) Fury W him when he was still at 1 (I just hit 2) and pretty much took his zoning out from there.

From there I could just fury Q, and get back w/e life he took from me with his Q (remember he also has mana restriction while you do not).

Eventually Lee comes around level 4-5. I E out.. (this is when he really screws up.) Lee Q on to me as I retreat to right under turret range. So I just W, Ignite, auto, Q him for free double buffs.

At that point Pantheon pretty much screwed since he was losing and his jungler just gave me double buff. From there I shove hard and even farm between turrets because if Lee ganks again I can just press R and get a double kill. I just had to make sure mid didn't also roam with Lee or I would have been caught over extending.

Pantheon ended the game at 1-9-7. I think I was like 3-1 during lane phase (the one death came from mid roaming and dieing in a 3v1 like an idiot.. : / ), and ended up 4-3 overall. Just peel for Vayne mid game to win. It's my most recent game.

ivq8.jpg

Authority

Banned
I just played a Pantheon last night. He was gold 2 and was camped by his duo partner a Lee Sin). (Went cloth 5 btw).

Usually I go E second if I have no idea where their jungler is (because by in large you're going to be shoving because of your Q). However I knew Lee wasn't going to be top side until I was going to be 3.

So got to lane the standard right just last hit, no shoving. After the first 3 melee minions die I Q the 3 caster minions to build the fury, (You should hit 2 on the 7th minion so I actually did a little of shoving here to make sure I get to 2 before he did) Fury W him when he was still at 1 (I just hit 2) and pretty much took his zoning out from there.

From there I could just fury Q, and get back w/e life he took from me with his Q (remember he also has mana restriction while you do not).

Eventually Lee comes around level 4-5. I E out.. (this is when he really screws up.) Lee Q on to me as I retreat to right under turret range. So I just W, Ignite, auto, Q him for free double buffs.

At that point Pantheon pretty much screwed since he was losing and his jungler just gave me double buff. From there I shove hard and even farm between turrets because if Lee ganks again I can just press R and get a double kill. I just had to make sure mid didn't also roam with Lee or I would have been caught over extending.

Pantheon ended the game at 1-9-7. I think I was like 3-1 during lane phase (the one death came from mid roaming and dieing in a 3v1 like an idiot.. : / ), and ended up 4-3 overall. Just peel for Vayne mid game to win. It's my most recent game.

ivq8.jpg

That is actually an eye-opener and will certainly try your way as well.

When I faced my first pantheon he was spamming q so much, my feet became dead cold and I was tower hugging. Whenever you have the chance to record a match against a pantheon I would be really appreciative if you could. I am just terrified against him (petrified to be honest) since my first experience.

I can't explain it but his spear from that game killed my confidence.

And congratulations on that victory as well.

One question; in which matches do I go for Hydra and which ones I go for Black Cleaver? I am always confused with that.

Blizzard

Banned
This is the best OT I've ever seen on GAF.
She is one of those champions that makes me feel extra bad. Like, I like her voice lines, and she's supposedly one of the easiest to play, and most OP/best champions, and in most games etc.

But I think I played her and did HORRIBLY and got bullied and didn't do much damage and couldn't clear jungle or get third hit W boosts or whatever.

I may often feel that after playing a couple thousand LoL games, I'm still missing a bunch of super basic principles which is why I'm so far down at bronze level...and presumably some of those principles are why I do poorly with Vi. I just don't know what they are. ;_;

zkylon

zkylewd
imo adcs are pretty alright right now. i kinda wish sivir was nerfed a bit because i hate playing against sivir comps but overall i think it's pretty healthy, i see sivir, draven, caitlyn, jinx and vayne a lot, with some ezreal and varus on the side. it's not so bad.

kinda wish graves was stronger tho. i used to have really good games on him

Boken

Banned
im biased cos i leveled 10-25 with sivir

so damn the haters

sivir, draven, cait, lucian, jinx are all pretty decent solo q heroez

below em are trist, varus, vayne, mf

trash tier: quinn, urgot, ezreal, graves, kogmaw, twitch, corki

Newt

im biased cos i leveled 10-25 with sivir

so damn the haters

sivir, draven, cait, lucian, jinx are all pretty decent solo q heroez

below em are trist, varus, vayne, mf

trash tier: quinn, urgot, ezreal, graves, kogmaw, twitch, corki
My man.

zkylon

zkylewd
forgot about lucian. he's just boring for me for some reason, i dunno why

varus is still alright imo

ezreal does feel weak tho, i dunno why

jinx is so much fun tho, i don't feel like playing anyone else :3

Boken

Banned
oh i forgot about ashe

shes definitely middle tier

and i dont know what happened with ezreal. he just doesnt feel good anymore. i think its because theres more tankiness (top lane gold value tanks) meaning his premium on escape at the cost of damage is pretty useless this meta

the way i see it - the 'damage jungler' meta is harming a lot the balance - because its just way more efficient to play damage junglers meaning top lanes are forced to tank and so all we see are 'high gold tanks' i.e. shyv, mundo, renek, trundl.

these champions are "high gold" because they scale better - unlike "support" (low gold) tanks and deal more damage and are tankier with increased gold. because of that, its pushing out ppl like ez n graves, who cant do enuf damage. and ppl like kogmaw n twitch, who cant kill shit before they get caught and die

corki's Q just feels terrible. he does a lot of burst now tho, with the AD scaling on Q

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
idc about corki q, but his ult feels real bad now and his mid game got pretty not good.

Mothman91

Yes, now lets bring this Corki weak stuff into Reddit and the official forums where maybe Riot will see it.

Yessss

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

Blizzard

Banned
I miss AP Corki mid, BUT it was the most carpal-tunnel inducing thing ever, since I kept holding down spacebar so much, so I'm probably better off with it gone. And yes I could have used auto camera lock but then I'd try to scroll off screen but then jump back!

Boken

Banned
srsly guys
i just told you a lot of adc is being warped by dmg junglers being the optimal way to play jungle

the solution is to somehow make tank junglers viable

feral fire is *not* da solution

That is actually an eye-opener and will certainly try your way as well.

When I faced my first pantheon he was spamming q so much, my feet became dead cold and I was tower hugging. Whenever you have the chance to record a match against a pantheon I would be really appreciative if you could. I am just terrified against him (petrified to be honest) since my first experience.

I can't explain it but his spear from that game killed my confidence.

And congratulations on that victory as well.

One question; in which matches do I go for Hydra and which ones I go for Black Cleaver? I am always confused with that.

If you can afford Hydra I personally like hydra. It allows you to clear faster and it let you cancel your ridiculous long W animation. If you notice when you W you can't move... I mean they can't move for like .75 seconds, but you can't for .50 seconds.... (1.5 seconds for Fury W, and 1 second for you).

Hydra eliminates this problem just W (hydra active) and boom YOU'RE FREE!

So yea I prefer Hydra over Black Cleaver. But sometimes you know your team needs a tank asap (so you don't have time to get the 3K + gold for Hydra). So in these situations I like to go Brut for that cheap price then go defensive. I rarely finish off the BC until late game. Basically in those situations I go Brut > Defensive items X3 and if it gets to late game I will finish off the BC. Then maybe throw in a LW if the game gets to the point where I have 6 items. So if I go the BC route it usually ends up with boots, 3 defensive items, BC, LW (aka you have armor pen so your ADC can wreck havoc).

I don't have specific champion where I go "Must go BC, or must go Hydra." It just feel out "do i need to clear these minions and roam, or do I want some armor pen and CDR to all in RIGHT NOW."

For example a good case where I normally go brut is like maybe I all in at level 6 and get a kill. Go back to base with like 1500+ gold. I know if we all in again I'll most likely win. My team hasn't lost towers so I know lane phase probably going to go on for a few more minutes. Why not grab a brut and try to get another kill?

Hydra example would be "oh crap Mid lane is 0-2." I'm winning my lane but I'm not strong enough to diver under the tower w/o jungler. Let me grab this tiamat push this wave and let see if I can help mid, or ping my jungler over to dive top (I know I can't dive alone, but I also know I can dive 2v1 since I'm stronger than whoever I'm laning against).

Snowman

Honestly I just think the "strong" adcs right now are just much better picks in almost every situation. Make every adc as good as Lucian, Jinx, Sivir, Cait and I'll be happy.

Newt

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Honestly I just think the "strong" adcs right now are just much better picks in almost every situation. Make every adc as good as Lucian, Jinx, Sivir, Cait and I'll be happy.
ADC is the most balanced role atm, I don't really see a problem for it staying as is. MF is getting buffs, Graves being weak is good for the game, and Ashe would be too strong in lane with more buffs. Ezreal is fine right now.

Fuzzery

For ads: Kog needs a base range buff by 50, just so he doesn't suck so bad when his w is down, mf needs those buffs to scale better, varus needs a very slight cd buff to e, everyone else is fine

Snowman

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

ADC is the most balanced role atm, I don't really see a problem for it staying as is. MF is getting buffs, Graves being weak is good for the game, and Ashe would be too strong in lane with more buffs. Ezreal is fine right now.

Yeah but you have a draven avatar so what do you know

Boken

Banned
adc would be the same with tanky junglers
nahuh
tank junglers dont go shit on immobile lane adc like kog, twitch, urgot etc
who?
this is what happens when you give junglers money

jungle obama welfare ruined everything
support welfare too. dammit obama.
For ads: Kog needs a base range buff by 50, just so he doesn't suck so bad when his w is down, mf needs those buffs to scale better, varus needs a very slight cd buff to e, everyone else is fine

yeah i feel like jinx' existence kinda made kogmaw pointless. they shud give him more of a niche somehow. maybe buff his % shred by 1% or somefin. adding 50 range is nice, but its super boring.

"every1 else is fine" twitch n graves crying in a corner. i'd be happy if they took away AS% from graves in return for some burst from his abilities again.

twitch is just a jerk

zkylon

zkylewd
support welfare too. dammit obama.
as someone that plays a shit ton of support i feel like the role has too much money right now

i feel like they wanted to make people get the impression they're having bigger impacts cos they can buy like a sunfire cape on leona or an athene's on lulu or something but to me that just makes the role more boring

like i don't mind the extra money, i just wish i could funnel it into something support-y with auras or something.

Fuzzery

Twitch relied on his early game lane bullying, but his poison I feel became really worthless now. Should buff it's scaling massively and make getting those 6 stacks actually mean something later

idlewild_

Welp, go on a 15-3 run and then get 4 straight games with a leaver on the team. When RNG strikes, it goes hard in the paint :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom