• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

Originally Posted by Boken

nahuh
tank junglers dont go shit on immobile lane adc like kog, twitch, urgot etc

they do tho
do you remember league last year
even 2 yrs ago when ad was k1ng it was ez corki grabes

and all the tanky dudes were guys like jarvan and zac and i dont even remember
i guess the tanky guys picked were the guys that did the most damage tho

the top 3 atm (siv, cait, luc) are there cause they are the best in general, the latter 2 are good laners the 1st brings lots of ruckus and can lane pretty ok in a land of aggression at lvl 2

brian!

tanky tops or i guess tops who you couldn't stop from getting tanky contributed a lot to adcs feeling like they got small weiners tho

Boken

Banned

nahuh

they do tho

the top 3 atm (siv, cait, luc) are there cause they are the best, the latter 2 are good laners the 1st brings lots of ruckus and can lane pretty ok in a land of aggression at lvl 2
looking at S3WC stats
last yr it was still lyke lee sin, elise, j4, vi n aatrox sometimez so yea they r like junglers who still deal dem early game dmgs, esp when ur building dblades on leesin

varus was a big thing back then, kogmo got some play from gambit sumtimez too, twitch got seen from njbs

but now, those guys r just gone

my theory is becus we're back to 2v2s (laning), but also cus right now pantheon, dmg leesin, panth, vi, kha6, elise will still burst the adc down if they gank a 1v2 lane

but hmm mebe the fact that we're back to 2v2s means a lot too

Tizoc

For an hour game, your farm should never be that low as GP.

I see what you mean, I did attempt to farm minions that got close to our base whenever possible.
I was having a bit of a bad day prior to that match so maybe it affected me somewhat? Non the less, I could've gotten a better farm at the start if not for the Miss Fortune that kept us at bay with her slowing circle attack.

DeadNames

Banned
I think resistances should actually mean something so I dont get aoe bursted by mages or two shot by ADCs. Let me play damage building bruisers please.

Fuzzery

I think resistances should actually mean something so I dont get aoe bursted by mages or two shot by ADCs. Let me play damage building bruisers please.

I think damage should actually mean something so I don't get two shot by bruisers and can actually damage them!

brian!

yeah 2v2 has a lot to do with it, but in general non mobile ads are picked for something else they bring to the team
you'll commonly see the few popular ones when they are 2 good to not be picked

i was saying even when tanky guys were really popular you didn't see a lot of kog varus or whatever, I don't think varus was ever a big thing
around worlds i guess ppl played str8 ad poke varus kinda consistently but the meta back also had a ban slot reserved for an ad so iunno it was weird

oh also I'm pretty sure the meta around worlds was map control/gank mid, the junglers also still built tanky even if they had early dmg

if you catch someone with tanky jungler cc they are probably dead, they are a little more dead if they are just getting bursted down, but not in a way that would affect what ad you decide to play

like more tankish support junglers should pop up if top gets its dmg focus back

Newt

I see what you mean, I did attempt to farm minions that got close to our base whenever possible.
I was having a bit of a bad day prior to that match so maybe it affected me somewhat? Non the less, I could've gotten a better farm at the start if not for the Miss Fortune that kept us at bay with her slowing circle attack.
"Make it rain" is one of the weakest spells in the game. I try to delay leveling it as much as possible because of how weak it is.

DeadNames

Banned
I think damage should actually mean something so I don't get two shot by bruisers and can actually damage them!

Pls don't group bruiser players with via, lee, Elise, renek, shyvana scum :(

Also, I'd be glad if ADCs didn't exist. Theyre awful for the meta IMO.

Snowman

How does jinx get away with her lack of mobility though, is it just her passive and the fact she actually has a decent amount of cc for an adc? I feel like jinx is this weird exception when it comes to that stuff.

Fuzzery

How does jinx get away with her lack of mobility though, is it just her passive and the fact she actually has a decent amount of cc for an adc? I feel like jinx is this weird exception when it comes to that stuff.

The fact she has two forms of cc, one of which is on a super short cd, long range with q, and passive

Tizoc

"Make it rain" is one of the weakest spells in the game. I try to delay leveling it as much as possible because of how weak it is.

Then I've at least learned something from this recent match. Bitch starts tossing that I'll just rush in past it for a little damage.

Boken

Banned
like more tankish support junglers should pop up if top gets its dmg focus back
yea dats good too cos top is pretty bad rite now

Pls don't group bruiser players with via, lee, Elise, renek, shyvana scum :(

Also, I'd be glad if ADCs didn't exist. Theyre awful for the meta IMO.
thats like, your opinion

---
jinx's laning is supr avg since she dont do much in trades other than auto attk
her passive is huge tho
specially when u have dmg junglers who can help u get it too

brian!

she did a lot better when it was annie vs leona
but she's probably picked more now to siege things down (i dunno, I'm not privy to dignitass meetings)

Snowman

Yeah, her and Lucian are the ones I've had the most success with this season, I don't like sivir and cait gets boring quick. I need some variety man.

Tizoc

I wanna play Nasus in an actual match but I'm too worried I might fuck that match up for my team >_<

BTW Jax is attack speed+cooldown build right?

I wanna play Nasus in an actual match but I'm too worried I might fuck that match up for my team >_<

You can't really mess up as Nasus as long as you don't die in lane and farm farm farm. Try to take Teleport then TP whenever people fight for dragon.

Jax doesn't need CDR at all, unless you're going AP Jax.

Tizoc

You can't really mess up as Nasus as long as you don't die in lane and farm farm farm. Try to take Teleport then TP whenever people fight for dragon.

Jax doesn't need CDR at all, unless you're going AP Jax.

Oh to get his Q buffed up more by killing it right?

Snowman

My ranked games have been going weirdly well today, was close to getting a penta in that last game too, just got promoted to plat iv. On the way to diamond for sure ;)

u3UFgpT.png

For champion builds, use Probuilds.net. It is the best site. You can see what the best players build on that champion.

Jax builds Blade of the Ruined King, Triforce, Boots, GA, Randuins, Banshees/Spirit Visage most of the time. I've also built Hydra instead of BOTRK sometimes for slightly more sustain, more burst, and better waveclear if I'm going to be split pushing more. Defensive items depend on the team you're playing, if they are all ad you might just go Sunfire/Randuins/Thornmail instead.

Please look at what a champion's abilities scale with to figure this stuff out. Jax builds ad because it scales well with his passive. BOTRK works well with the passive too since the on hit effect gets applied more frequently, and the attack speed improves his ult's passive. He build Triforce because in order to actually make use of the passive he needs to be auto attacking a lot, and he wants the speed from the phage. He can proc the sheen really easily with his q/w so it's a good buy. He is melee and needs to get in the middle of things, so definitely wants to be building defensive items. Randuins slow is perfect to help him stick to adcs.

Are you watching pro players or just playing blindly? Watching pros (Voyboy/Scarra would be my recommendations) is very useful.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think next champ will prolly be a jungler since it's been a long time since there's been a new one, right?

i have 4k IP. should I buy akali or save up for yasuo?

akali is not in the bestest of places right now, her laning is too awful and boring :I

yasuo... ehh... i dunno

i kinda regret buying him, the only thing i like about his kit is his wall, but eh, he's kinda fun

Tizoc

For champion builds, use Probuilds.net. It is the best site. You can see what the best players build on that champion.

Jax builds Blade of the Ruined King, Triforce, Boots, GA, Randuins, Banshees/Spirit Visage most of the time. I've also built Hydra instead of BOTRK sometimes for slightly more sustain, more burst, and better waveclear if I'm going to be split pushing more. Defensive items depend on the team you're playing, if they are all ad you might just go Sunfire/Randuins/Thornmail instead.

Please look at what a champion's abilities scale with to figure this stuff out. Jax builds ad because it scales well with his passive. BOTRK works well with the passive too since the on hit effect gets applied more frequently, and the attack speed improves his ult's passive. He build Triforce because in order to actually make use of the passive he needs to be auto attacking a lot, and he wants the speed from the phage. He can proc the sheen really easily with his q/w so it's a good buy. He is melee and needs to get in the middle of things, so definitely wants to be building defensive items. Randuins slow is perfect to help him stick to adcs.

Are you watching pro players or just playing blindly? Watching pros (Voyboy/Scarra would be my recommendations) is very useful.

At times I play blindly, but thanks for the info. Ive seen lots of Jax over the weeks I've played but not necessarily their builds.

I'd watch pro players play buuuuuuuuuuut aren't their matches like 30+ min long? I mean if its mostly a montage of the various stuff they do in matches that'd be much helpful as I sadly don't have much time in my work days to do stuff ^^;

BTW, can someone elaborate on what Gangplank's W does along with giving him health? I thought it got rid of stuff like Stun, but everytime I use it certain status effects remain on him.

I just wish most AP tops were still playable. Most problematic tops wouldn't be as overbearing if someone like Vlad or Elise could slap their shit. Spectral cowl just erased them.
Elise is still strong against them, but stubborn preconceptions dictate that "she's only good in the jungle" no matter how well she might fare in a lane match-up. Karma is also being ignored, as per usual. Vladimir's always been a limpdick noodle though, and Vlad players can all stay away for all I care. I don't want to look at their gaudy Blood Lord legendary anymore (one of the worst skins in the game) just so they can feel good about themselves.

Unrelated, but I want my Nunu top back.

as someone that plays a shit ton of support i feel like the role has too much money right now

i feel like they wanted to make people get the impression they're having bigger impacts cos they can buy like a sunfire cape on leona or an athene's on lulu or something but to me that just makes the role more boring

like i don't mind the extra money, i just wish i could funnel it into something support-y with auras or something.
Having more gold doesn't make things more boring than having less gold and spending all your income on wards. Lacking item variety is the problem like you already pointed out, and not just for supports either.

To be specific, they were guys who could be (relatively) tanky and do (relatively) decent damage on a shoestring budget - Lee Sin, pre-nerf J4/Zac/Aatrox, etc. - because junglers were poor as shit at the time and couldn't actually match laners blow-for-blow at any point after Lv7-8. It was all about just being able to contribute something - some CC/repositionals and good base damage - and maybe possibly surviving through sheer cussedness. (But not really. Even with Zac/Aatrox passives and Lee slipperiness, junglers usually went down first or a close second behind the leaf-on-the-wind supports.)

What kind of class will be?

Probably a Thief or a Bard.

zkylon

zkylewd
Having more gold doesn't make things more boring than having less gold and spending all your income on wards. Lacking item variety is the problem like you already pointed out, and not just for supports either.

well spending all your money on wards and running around with oracles and playing vision games while being able to help in teamfights, peel for your carries or create picks, with just some spare change definitely felt like more unique role than now, for better or worse.

i personally thought it was pretty silly in s3 but i'm not a big fan on what we have now either

for now i just want more items

Tizoc

Maybe it's cuz I haven't seen all the champs yet, but I want a new champ to be an actual dinosaur =V

Ferga

nahuh

they do tho

the top 3 atm (siv, cait, luc) are there cause they are the best in general, the latter 2 are good laners the 1st brings lots of ruckus and can lane pretty ok in a land of aggression at lvl 2

Maokai didn't really do damage. Just his ridiculous no skill one button press snare. (pantheon right now hah)

Malphite and alistar's damage was arguable.

It was more initiation and cc more than damage. Those were simpler times.

Boken

Banned
its not just about the laning tho

junglers mid game now can solo most adc. damn damage junglrs

u just easily split n farm as the shit tier adc cos its still super dangerous

egg on my face tho. NJBS picked twitch. wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom