• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been winning at every single role I get except the one I actually try to main.

I think someone is trying to tell me something.

Newt

My policy is that I'm fine if someone else picks ADC -- I don't mind supporting... unless Vayne is picked.

I think Zed jungle can still work, it's just made a little rougher than I would like by the fact lanes can't really afford to provide early jungle assistance anymore.

I mean, there's a dude on here who was running Jungle Vel'Koz - and god-speed to him, I tested it for viability and it did not function anywhere near as well as I assumed it would - so Zed is probably still fine. I haven't gotten around to him yet because I'm going alphabetically, but I can't imagine he's that's bad.

Fuzzery

I think that if I don't ADC, I will start going ZIGGS. ZIGGS EVERYWHERE

Ziggs support is my secret weapon. Once the pros catch on, he will get permabanned and nerfed. MARK MY WORDS

I'm tempted to go back to playing ADC since it's the role that got me gold in the first place but with all the Leblonks and Leonas and Vis and fucking Cait is good again and I don't want to deal with that shit

How does one use Gang's Ulti properly? I've rarely ever found an effective way to use it.
Oh and my brother's deaths were due to overconfidence since he'd rush into the next champion =P

Don't expect to use it for kills. Use it to trap people or to slow their escape, or to slow someone chasing you. Failing that, just drop it on top of any teamfight for tons of assists.

thats the time for jungle urgot.

Not actually as bad as it sounds, but I am pretty low so maybe it's just unplayable above a certain rating.

garath

I'm tempted to go back to playing ADC since it's the role that got me gold in the first place but with all the Leblonks and Leonas and Vis and fucking Cait is good again and I don't want to deal with that shit

I know people are saying that ADC is a largely useless role this season, can't carry, etc etc but look at the top of the Challenger charts. WildTurtle, Vasilii. These guys carry like nobody's business. A great ADC can still dominate games.

Newt

we aren't in league of caitlyn anymore.
Welcome to the league of Sivir.

(With a side of Draven, Jinx, Lucian).

I know people are saying that ADC is a largely useless role this season, can't carry, etc etc but look at the top of the Challenger charts. WildTurtle, Vasilii. These guys carry like nobody's business. A great ADC can still dominate games.
The above 4 are all great tower killers/pushers.

No waaay. Top lane is the best lane.

You might have noticed, but I'm
old
more of a "big picture" strategy guy than a face-smash fight-fight-fight make the plays kind of guy. The problem with top lane, for me, is that 95% of the strategic side of it is over once we leave champion select. If I'm not running a teleport, I'm practically cut off from the part of the game I enjoy the most.

I'm not super keen on playing ADC for the same reason, but you learn the role supporting and support was the favored "team mom" role back in Season 2, so I used to play it almost as much as jungle. I've just never really liked top due to it being more about the one-vs-one than team strategy.

Newt

Umm.. Is there a different marksman I should be playing?
image.php

Umm.. Is there a different marksman I should be playing?

I default to Jinx and Draven when I end up ADC, personally. As long as you aren't the sort of person who tilts easy, they're fantastic. They really took the place of Vayne/Kog for me in terms of, "Whatever happens in lane, I win the game. And if I win the lane you are royally fucked" carries.

Cait's not bad, though. She's a very safe, middle-of-the-road pick, along with Lucian.

Edwardo

You might have noticed, but I'm
old
more of a "big picture" strategy guy than a face-smash fight-fight-fight make the plays kind of guy. The problem with top lane, for me, is that 95% of the strategic side of it is over once we leave champion select. If I'm not running a teleport, I'm practically cut off from the part of the game I enjoy the most.

I'm not super keen on playing ADC for the same reason, but you learn the role supporting and support was the favored "team mom" role back in Season 2, so I used to play it almost as much as jungle. I've just never really liked top due to it being more about the one-vs-one than team strategy.

Ya I know what you mean. To be honest though, I have a new favorite lane every other week. Except for jungle. Eventually i'll go back there, but it's really a hit or miss on whether or not i'll do well. I probably just need more practice since i've been neglecting it though.

I love supporting too, it's great and I find it fun. I always have the problem in the back of my mind that i'm worrying our team will have an adc that just walks around in fights and doesn't actually attack anybody except for a few shots here and there.

I've been practicing. Learning new things every game.

I'll never be good enough without the Soul Reaver skin though.

Having an awesome game as Nidalee. Sniping enemy blues and straggling enemies. Even went a bit better than Leb in lane.

*disconnects*

Goddamnit Rito. I HAD 2500G FOR MY VOID STAFF! :(

Boken

Banned
the fact that adc have 15% more damage dealt on average than both top and mid just shows that this whole 'adc just take towers' thing is just bullshit

adc r still adc and lategame they are da shit

Newt

the fact that adc have 15% more damage dealt on average than both top and mid just shows that this whole 'adc just take towers' thing is just bullshit

The damage hasn't changed, the damage soakers have changed.

garath

Ya I know what you mean. To be honest though, I have a new favorite lane every other week. Except for jungle. Eventually i'll go back there, but it's really a hit or miss on whether or not i'll do well. I probably just need more practice since i've been neglecting it though.

I love supporting too, it's great. I always have the problem in the back of my mind that i'm worrying our team will have an adc that just walks around in fights and doesn't actually attack anybody except for a few shots here and there.

I've been practicing. Learning new things every game.

I'll never be good enough without the Soul Reaver skin though.

Jungle is the most involved role imo and has the highest skillcap from a strategic standpoint. There is so much going on all the time, especially early game that a part time jungler just won't have the same impact as someone that mains it. You gotta love it. lol

Leezard

Indeed. People are just mad that they can't 1v1 bruisers when both have 1 item anymore.

It's almost as if adcs get a late game power spike while bruisers get a mid game power spike.

I think more adcs would win the matchup, but eh.
The problem is that it feels that bruiser's spikes lasts too goddamn long. "Normal" carries will have a lot of trouble until they get 3ish items, duelists can still hang.

Leezard

The problem is that it feels that bruiser's spikes lasts too goddamn long. "Normal" carries will have a lot of trouble until they get 3ish items.

Yeah, you start to get quite the power once you get 3 items as adc. I don't see how that's a problem. It would be ridiculous if adcs would start to overpower everyone else starting at 2 items, since they will scale better than anyone else with the rest of the items they build. They still melt anyone in late game and they contribute significant damage in fights even before they get 3 items.

Hero

So is Karthus Jungle a thing in some backwater country server? In the past week I have had two different Jungle Karthus on my team that didn't speak English well and had no idea how to jungle.

Yeah, you start to get quite the power once you get 3 items as adc. I don't see how that's a problem. It would be ridiculous if adcs would start to overpower everyone else starting at 2 items, since they will scale better than anyone else with the rest of the items they build. They still melt anyone in late game and they contribute significant damage in fights even before they get 3 items.

Well, it's compounded by the problem that people finally got around to discover that tanks can have hyper-scaling, too. Thankfully, most of the tanks with really egregious synergistic scaling have been nerfed down to a somewhat more manageable state, though the terror of an unkillable late-game Shyvana or Mundo isn't completely gone.

Renekton's actually "good" for the game at least in that sense, because his early game power punishes people for taking hyper-scaling tank picks. The only issue is that for a while there he wasn't punishing them enough, though the Tiamat first adaptation has helped with that along with a smattering of minor nerfs to the biggest offenders.

The real problem with hyper-scaling tanks versus hyper-scaling carries is that carry is more of a risk/reward scenario - yes, you do tons of damage, if you can survive to do it - whereas with late game hyper-tanks there's really no "if" scenario. You just don't die unless you did something ridiculously stupid like get caught out 5v1.

So is Karthus Jungle a thing in some backwater country server? In the past week I have had two different Jungle Karthus on my team that didn't speak English well and had no idea how to jungle.
It was real good in S2.

Probably not as much nowadays.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Jungle Karthus is one from the long, long list of junglers that are completely viable if the enemy team lets you get away with it. That's a pretty big "if", though, because unless they have incredibly weak early lanes it's trivially easy for them to shut it down.

Let that be a lesson: if you see Smite on a champion that doesn't look like they should be in the jungle, your immediate reflex should be, "Let's shit all over that guy." The line between "not viable as a jungler" and "completely broken OP as a jungler" is usually as thin as early invades and jungle pressure, especially now that jungle income is in and of itself fairly significant.

rakhir

I don't know what this asshole is doing in the esports community, but, if I can, I ask you guys not to support his stuff:

"Duncan ‘Thorin’ Shields has been removed from the analyst/commentary position for the EMS One Katowice broadcast due to his comments about Poland that he made on a recent podcast ‘Unfiltered’.

ESL does not stand by or tolerate acts of racism, xenophobia or other forms of discrimination and does not wish to be associated or employ those who make any such comments. We are deeply upset that a long time member of the esports community would display such ignorance and make highly inappropriate comments about an entire nation.

Thorin’s tirade has offended not only the live audience of the show he was hired to work on, but the entire Polish production team that he was going to be a part of.

I have spoken to Thorin directly this morning. It has been made clear to him that his comments were totally unacceptable and inconsistent with ESL’s ethos.

It is unfortunate that we have to do this on the first day of the EMS One Katowice show, but we are hard at work to replace Thorin on the show and rest assured are determined to bring a great show regardless."

http://www.esportsheaven.com/news/64245/thorin-from-unfiltered-to-unemployed#.UyHdX4U_Wch

This guy fucked up really badly since the head of ESL pro gaming, Michał Blicharz, is Polish.

That's the way Thorin is. Every talk show I've seen him he's been like that. very antagonistic and offensive. It's his schtick. Infuriating to watch/listen to.

Glad to see it finally come back and bite him in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom