• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need to see values on his kit, I doubt he'll be that overbearing, specially considering he probably won't be much of an initiator without his ult up.

Edwardo

I wonder what the length of the stun on his passive will be. Naut's is 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 seconds with a 12 second cooldown. So I dunno if it'll be something close to that or not.

he can essentially stun every enemy in a fight simply by autoing them once or landing a few Qs.

Hmm, his passive text says "After being stunned, Braum cannot apply Concussive Blows to his target again for a moderate duration." So maybe that means that once the passive is applied to a single target, it goes on cooldown?

Seems okay. He seems more like a disengager than an engager.

Yeah, indeed. Protector rather than initiator.

Hmm, his passive text says "After being stunned, Braum cannot apply Concussive Blows to his target again for a moderate duration." So maybe that means that once the passive is applied to a single target, it goes on cooldown?

Nah, more like Naut passive or Yasuo E. Can aplly it to multiple targets, but each target has its own individual cooldown.

Braum passive is NUTS. Makes up for the rest of his kit being a little underwhelming. Ult seems really good too though, if not a little too similar to Rumble ult.

Edwardo

Ya similar to Nautilus, but you can always start putting stacks on another enemy.

jerd

I wonder what the length of the stun on his passive will be. Naut's is 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 seconds with a 12 second cooldown. So I dunno if it'll be something close to that or not.

He also doesn't have any kind of gap close like Naut does though so he'll be a lot more reliant on landing his Q or ult to proc his passive. Even then it will still likely be up to the adc (in laning phase at least) to land 3 autos to get the stun down. I bet the slow value on his Q will be pretty high though so that will also help. Depending on values his Ult + Q + Passive could be perma CC and a guaranteed kill at 6.

brian!

i mean the idea that you mark someone and then ur team gets that gleam in their eye and pounds them down is great
most mark stuff is just incidental, like leona mark ppl are just like aight I'll take that, leona doesnt really wait for someone to proc it and then stun them again

also its gonna be hilarious to see guys trying to intercept damage and get blown up
like that guy in the matrix 3

jerd

Ah I was reading his ult text wrong. I thought it was like a ranged Malphite ult but it is more like an skillshot Naut ult.

drawkcaB

Yeah, indeed. Protector rather than initiator.

I would say so.

Concussive Blows looks to be quite strong come teamfights, depending on the stun duration. During laning it won't be as good. He has no free or enemy targeted gap closer so the best way to apply the initial stack is to use Winter's Bite, but the description states that it only applies a stack to the first target hit, meaning enemy minions can absorb it. As a peeling tool for the carry you're trying to protect, it'll be much better.

The shield is the part that confuses me. The text says it blocks the first attack. Now, are they being strict in the wording and it blocks the first auto-attack, or do they mean any sort of offensive projectile (e.g. Thresh hook).

jerd said:
ult to proc his passive.

Going by the text only Q and autos apply marks.

Blizzard

Banned
Horey shet. He sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO op, not gonna lie.

A mobile wind wall, aoe knock up... Gg thresh.
If I'm reading correctly, concussive blows doesn't do anything until the 4th stack? Or does it also do bonus damage?

Regardless, the kit itself sounds really strong, kind of like "Leona seems good, but we should also give her Yasuo's wall, let her move around with it, and let her dash to allies". :p I guess I have to ban Thresh Leona AND Braum now.

drawkcaB

Trying to envision playing Braum well in any position other than support and I don't see it. Which, you know, is fine at the end of the day.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
he can essentially stun every enemy in a fight simply by autoing them once or landing a few Qs.
Trying to attack every single champion is not going to be that easy on what will probably be a slow melee champion with a low attack speed. Like...if you were playing Taric you wouldn't expect to land very many autos in a fight, and he has no AOE application for his passive.

Blizzard

Banned
Trying to envision playing Braum well in any position other than support and I don't see it. Which, you know, is fine at the end of the day.
Oh yeah, I promised to play him in other roles, that's going to be tough to work out. Well maybe those JUNGLE MONSTERS will fear concussive blows.

Or maybe I can be like Kiunch and play him as AP Leona mid. Too bad the skills will scale off of defensive stats as well, like Galio!

Trying to attack every single champion is not going to be that easy on what will probably be a slow melee champion with a low attack speed. Like...if you were playing Taric you wouldn't expect to land very many autos in a fight, and he has no AOE application for his passive.
Just build iceborne gauntlet on Braum, the post-attack boost synergizes with using a skill, and the ice-themed gauntlet synergizes with his ice-themed spells.

dimb

Building Iceborn Gauntlet ever...
Also:
Specifically, he’s the first true tank support that we’ve created, a champion who takes the hits for their team.
really riot? really?

Blizzard

Banned
Building Iceborn Gauntlet ever...
Also:

really riot? really?
Well think about it. You might think Janna is a support, but she doesn't take hits for the team, she blows them away.

Lulu? Totally goes mid instead, not gonna take hits for the team.

Alistar? You might think he's a tank, but he gets that AD boost from his ult to go punch people.

Leona? AP mid Kiunch like I mentioned, and she does all dat damage from her skill combos and passive procs when other champions trigger them. She's all active, not just taking those hits for the team. She's probably the closest to a pure tank since I seem to recall her scaling on defensive stats, but she still initiates and dives in and stuns and AP damages.

Thresh? He doesn't take hits, he dives in and murders everyone!

drawkcaB

So for 4.7, we have Braum for sure and potentially the follow-up changes to Skarner and the changes to help out tank/utility junglers. This is going to be my favorite patch in forever.

dimb said:
really riot? really?

Well, yeah, sort of. He's a true damage sponge in the sense that Braum's E forcibly redirects projectile damage to him. Other supports who are innately tanky and/or augment their tankiness with their builds absorb damage by being positioned in such a way that they are the only available target. The only other champs who can redirect damage are those with taunts, and none with particular great as supports. I see why people would be skeptical of what Riot said, but I kinda see their point.

Didnt Shen can take hits for the team when he use his Q? braum abilities sounds like the perfect companion for weak characters in early game like Vayne.

dimb

Didnt Shen can take hits for the team when he use his Q? braum abilities sounds like the perfect companion for weak characters in early game like Vayne.
Braum's laning phase will probably be pretty weak, so I doubt it. Just because he can protect people doesn't mean he can apply pressure in a lane.

I don't think Braum's kit sounds close to Thresh's in terms of pure support perfection, but I guess I need to see him in action first.

I think Riot may have just caught lightnin in a bottle with thresh. Like they had a bunch of great ideas and blew them all on one champ.

drawkcaB

Braum's laning phase will probably be pretty weak, so I doubt it. Just because he can protect people doesn't mean he can apply pressure in a lane.

I can see him being among the better, maybe even the best, support at enabling successful ganks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd love to play Braum with a jungle Yi on my team. W to Yi -> Q the target -> Yi auto procs Concussive Blows twice -> Braum AA and stun.

Jeff-DSA

I can see him being among the better, maybe even the best, support at enabling successful ganks. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd love to play Braum with a jungle Yi on my team. W to Yi -> Q the target -> Yi auto procs Concussive Blows twice -> Braum AA and stun.

You killed them well before the end of that sequence. Now you're just desecrating the body.

Agkel

I can see Sej ganks be pretty good too, a guaranteed kill at lv 6+ too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom