• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
For a minute I thought it recorded time even if it was done in fog of war but I was incorrect. If it dies without vision, when you pass the pit it just shows DEAD on the timer.

So yeah. It's only information you would have yourself at least for baron and dragon. I have no idea how one would track ultimate timers without curse voice though.

It does kind of suck because dragon control is one of the things that separates good junglers in gold. Now it's going to be more about ward control than timing. Which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing. Clear that dragon ward and kill the dragon and the people completely reliant on curse voice will fail to recognize when it's up next.

wait it says DEAD if someone kills dragon in fog of war?

that can't be right

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
while im not fundamentally opposed to cursed voice, the ult cd is kinda eh.

its dat slippery slope
most of the slippery slope suggestions violate riot's new policy about information being player accessible.

if anything it's less cheaty than lolnexus is.

So im trying to decide on adding another top to my very limited top pool. I only really play renekton with a ryze i've been working on, so im not sure if i should grab shyv or trundle next.
Trundle top is solid if you're aware of his strengths and weaknesses. I'm not a fan of him in top lane and I much prefer using him in the jungle, but that's irrelevant here.

Anyways: generally speaking you don't want to pick a fight in the earliest of levels if the opposing laner does a decent job of trading back (like Renekton), so focus on farming and sustaining yourself if you take any damage. Once he's approaching level 6 you can start being more aggressive if you want and against most common top lane champions he'll do fine if not outright beat them. Ranged laners are a nightmare for Trundle top though: he has very little chance of ever touching the likes of Lissandra, Karma and Quinn without jungler assistance based on my own experiences. Don't ape the solo queue / LCS bandwagoners who blindly buy Blade of the Ruined King and Sunfire Cape (which is garbage) on him at all times; BoRK can be great on him, but not so much if you're struggling to auto-attack anyone (much less a high-priority target) at length. Another valid option for him with regards to offensive sustain is Hydra; it enhances Trundle's already potent split-pushing ability - by default he needs little time to whittle down structures on his own - and you'll be able to stay alive for longer if you intend to jump into the fray with multiple enemies surrounding you. If you're uncertain which lifesteal item to buy, then you can always stick to a Vamp Scepter and focus on buying a Trinity Force for increased damage in the mean time, which has fantastic synergy with Trundle. Spirit Visage is the MR item for him, alongside Hexdrinker / Maw of Malmortius to a lesser extent. Not a fan of Iceborn Gauntlet on Trundle (even if it's not bad for him per sé), Frozen Mallet can be alright if you'd rather be the tanky frontliner with loads of peeling / chasing potential, Randuin's Omen is a no-brainer, Thornmail can be decent and that about wraps up your obvious itemization choices. Stark's Fervor (or Zeke's Herald) is a situational pick-up for when multiple members of your team deal AD damage, and it allows you to be an obnoxious prick with Pillar spam.

Speaking of his Pillar: the minor knock-up on it is actually quite handy to abruptly cancel certain mobility skills like Shyvanna's, Tristana's or Jax' jump if you time it right, further increasing its versatility if you get the hang of it. Pillar allows you to help defend towers, greatly delay the follow-up of an enemy engage, continuously chase if you have the CDR for it, start sieging with relative ease alongside poke champions, safely check bushes thanks to its cast range and the vision it provides et cetera. It'll take a while to acquire an understanding of when and how to use this skill 'correctly' though, but that shouldn't be a surprise with a flexible tool like Pillar.

Given that you have played Ryze a bit in top lane, I'd suggest trying out Karma too. While not inherently beefy with her itemization (comparatively speaking), she can be deceptively resilient nonetheless thanks to her shield + Empowered W (the snare). Her cooldowns are fairly low, she has a noticeably stronger laning phase than Ryze against the typical melee top laner and she transitions well into late game (albeit differently) thanks to her overall utility. Her Empowered Q can hit hard, but mind you that it can be intercepted by minions or champions alike.

I used to top a lot but I'm way out of practice cos I didn't bother with the League of tanks. I'm also not NA.

I miss the days of Elise top. I was in my element.
yea i miss top elise too

it was really hit or miss for me, like some games i'd get mega fed and some games i'd fail a billion last hits and be miserable all game long but it was fun
Elise top still works quite well.

i dont have access to my teammate's ult cds
Dragon / Baron timers, cooldowns on ally ultimates / summoner spells and overall gold income for both teams are pieces of information that should've already been officially available a long time ago and Riot realized that they also agree with that notion to some degree.

It does suck that not everyone has access to it currently, but it should've never taken so long to be implemented by them in the first place after Spectator Mode came to fruition.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i dont have access to my teammate's ult cds
sure you do. green dot+cdr+a table of ult cooldowns. it's just somewhat complex to do on the fly.

you can even trick curse voice by not leveling up your ult at 11 and 16.

in any event if you have voice chat you have easy access to an allies ult timer, if anything cursevoice levels the playing field for people who dont have mic's.

It does suck that not everyone has access to it currently
this is my issue with cursevoice. luckily they're supposedly only two weeks away from open beta. i guess these key releases are just a slow ramping stress test.

Elise top should be better soon with the nerfed Dorans and since top lane is going to (probably) change in the next few patches. Right now though, Spectral Cowl can fuck right off.

Also on teammate CDs, yes you do. You can see when an ally used their ult, if you know the champion you know the cooldown and you can always just ask. There's nothing skillful about knowing when someone's ult is up, you're just wasting time asking them how long till it's up, there's no reason to have to track that shit.

Boken

Banned
cdr from runes n masteries isnt readily avilable to me unless i do stuff outside the game
ult cds arent readily avaukable
cd x cdr isnt ez for me too
basically the addon is doing work for me which is the slippery slope. u can argue what work is necessary n whats not, but thats the grey area that makes the slope

idk why we r discussing shoulds cos im using riots language here

and all this talk about that its gud n that i shudnt have to do this anyway assumes parity, which is impossible unless its part of the client.

Curse Voice is a slope because it gives features outside of the game client, not because of the features per se.

Although timers are something the base game could really use, I do agree that this type of program could become problematic in the future, but the only reason this exists is because people actually want some of these features - players have been asking for some of the spectator mode features in-game for a long-ass time now. Put timers in the game, get rid of 3rd party programs, IMO.

Also if Rito ever makes my dream scythe-wielding girl champ I'll probably become a top laner.

thats so cliche

i bet shes goth lolita in a dress full of frills n lace
Although I would like it, no need to go full anime

Like they can just do whatever champ they want to do as long as it's A) female and B) uses a big-ass scythe as a weapon. Hell, make her a monster from the Shadow Isles or something.

One of Elise top's biggest problems is her mana costs and the amount of nerfs she received to her base damages.

I don't think it's very strong tbh.

Also, Braum practically confirmed for today's/tonight's PBE deploy.

oboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboyoboy

Mr.Ock

Thanks for all the replies! If only League-GAF was representative of the LoL community as a whole!
waifu discussions in allchat

garath

wait it says DEAD if someone kills dragon in fog of war?

that can't be right

It says DEAD if you pass the pit (and see it's dead) without vision of when it died specifically. It'll stay DEAD until the dot pops back up and you get LIVE.

i.e. Dragon's up. Curse voice says dragon: LIVE. It was killed in the fog of war, you still see it on your timer as LIVE. You pass the pit and see that it's dead. The timer now says DEAD and remains that way until the dot comes back and it reverts to LIVE. No timer.

zkylon

zkylewd
It says DEAD if you pass the pit (and see it's dead) without vision of when it died specifically. It'll stay DEAD until the dot pops back up and you get LIVE.

i.e. Dragon's up. Curse voice says dragon: LIVE. It was killed in the fog of war, you still see it on your timer as LIVE. You pass the pit and see that it's dead. The timer now says DEAD and remains that way until the dot comes back and it reverts to LIVE. No timer.

kk

i almost thought it was freelo time lol

drawkcaB

Thanks for all the replies! If only League-GAF was representative of the LoL community as a whole!

Shut up, lick your own ovaries, uninstall, and kill yourself.

I'd like to point out that "lick your own ovaries" was actually said by the opposing team's Talon to their soon-to-rage quit Fiora in a game of mine last night.

CrabMilkMikey said:
Dragon / Baron timers, cooldowns on ally ultimates / summoner spells and overall gold income for both teams are pieces of information that should've already been officially available a long time ago and Riot realized that they also agree with that notion to some degree.

It does suck that not everyone has access to it currently, but it should've never taken so long to be implemented by them in the first place after Spectator Mode came to fruition.

I agree. While the hardcore players down in reddit scoff at the notion, there's no skill involved in remembering timers. The skill is in knowing what to do with that information. Hell, it would probably makes games flow faster.

qiJXy8O.jpg

I don't know how it happened, but MF carried the game nearly by herself. 87% kill participation compared to like 50% for the rest. I survived bot but I was getting pushed easily. MF 4/0 dumpstered Yasuo top then told me to swap with her. She killed the 1v2 lane over and over. Yasuo somewhat freefarmed top but I can never win 1v1 since I had support setup.

garath

I don't know how it happened, but MF carried the game nearly by herself. 87% kill participation compared to like 50% for the rest. I survived bot but I was getting pushed easily. MF 4/0 dumpstered Yasuo top then told me to swap with her. She killed the 1v2 lane over and over. Yasuo somewhat freefarmed top but I can never win 1v1 since I had support setup.

Lol. That khazix barely had more money than the AFK garen. I like the AD janna too. Looks like an entertaining game.

Guys, how do I vayne?

Getting killed pretty fast with her and my team is always insulting me, good lord.

Don't tumble INTO the enemy unless it's going to be a kill. Ideally though, I wouldn't recommend Vayne for a newer player. I made that mistake myself. I "mained" Vayne way back when because I heard she was the strongest hard carry. I regret a lot of that.

Guys, how do I vayne?

Getting killed pretty fast with her and my team is always insulting me, good lord.

You're wasting your own time and your supports, don't do it. There are better/easier ADCs to play that can carry just as hard and don't require the stars to align to be effective.

Blizzard

Banned
With all the discussion on cursed voice, maybe we could at least agree that it would be nice to provide dragon, baron, and ultimate timers in the ingame client. That wouldn't put additional server load on Riot, it would provide equal information to everyone without pressure to download third-party utilities and accidentally download a virus because you got one from your sketchy friend, and people could still use third-party voicechat programs.

If those three timer categories were in the client, I think that would be sufficient for me, but maybe there are other features I am not aware of.

zkylon

zkylewd
well you see you're at a crossroads

most adc players at one point in their careers get to stand at the exact same spot you're standing. they find themselves failing at vayne, their mechanics incapable of matching the skill required to master the mythical champion and their wills broken by the lack of light in overcoming their struggle, and are suddenly met with two opposite paths to follow

they can either take the path of the strong, swallow their pride, play another champion, never look back and make the world a better place

or they can take the path of the weak, continuing to vayne at the expense of others around them, pathetically excusing themselves with words like "no peel" or "no ganks", dragging everyone around them with them into the abyss of elo hell

now it's time to ask yourself... which path will you take?

Newt

Guys, how do I vayne?

I don't recommend playing Vayne until you have mastery of good positioning. That means playing a lot of ADCs who are heavily positioning reliable. MF, Twitch and Draven come to mind. Vayne isn't really that much more squishy than other ADCs though, that's a misconception.

MYj7t.png

I don't recommend playing Vayne until you have mastery of good positioning. That means playing a lot of ADCs who are heavily positioning reliable. MF, Twitch and Draven come to mind. Vayne isn't really that more squishy than other ADCs though, that's a misconception.
That's right, don't be someone like me

Vayne is a powerful drug

garath

I don't recommend playing Vayne until you have mastery of good positioning. That means playing a lot of ADCs who are heavily positioning reliable. MF, Twitch and Draven come to mind. Vayne isn't really that more squishy than other ADCs though, that's a misconception.

Well she does have one of the lowest base HP pools (359 compared to most 389-425 only Ezreal is lower at 350) and the lowest base armor (13.3 compared to most around 18). It's small but adds up. Especially with the tendency for Vayne players to tumble offensively. ;)

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Anyone have a Curse Voice beta key I can use? I guess it's time I start playing again after my six month absence. I have an infant and Dota 2 games take way too long

Jeff-DSA

Jeez, man. I went on a 4 win streak, got up to 64 LP, and then lost two straight (one AFK, one a duo queue troll team that intentionally fed) and all of a sudden I'm back to 16, facing demotion if I lose another one. I swear, LP is like money, it's hard to come by, but it's dang easy to exhaust.

So that slight debuff to heal is definitely going to be a good idea. I played in a game last night where the entire team took heal "for the lulz," but it made them ridiculous in team fights when midway through the big engagement they all chain healed.

Ocho

What sucks about curse voice is that the username I used in the curse website is an username I've not seen in a long time. /obiwan.jpg

Snowman

well you see you're at a crossroads

most adc players at one point in their careers get to stand at the exact same spot you're standing. they find themselves failing at vayne, their mechanics incapable of matching the skill required to master the mythical champion and their wills broken by the lack of light in overcoming their struggle, and are suddenly met with two opposite paths to follow

they can either take the path of the strong, swallow their pride, play another champion, never look back and make the world a better place

or they can take the path of the weak, continuing to vayne at the expense of others around them, pathetically excusing themselves with words like "no peel" or "no ganks", dragging everyone around them with them into the abyss of elo hell

now it's time to ask yourself... which path will you take?

Every few months I think to myself "maybe I'm good enough to play her now" and try her for a few games again and realise I'm not.

I honestly think it's more my tendency to think im doublelift and try to go for big outplays rather than just playing safe like i would on other carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom