• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

The issue with getting a qss as e.g. a marksman is that it leaves you quite useless if you rush it and the game might be lost if you postpone it.

Well the trick is, you're more useless dead.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would build QSS no later than third. BT->Zeal->QSS. That's early enough to make a difference while still having some damage behind you. Even better you can turn it into a mercurial's later and have a relevant damage item.

Edwardo

i still run ignite every game

fuck the meta :mad:

It depends on who i'm playing as, but I still like to run it on some of my toplaners. Sometime TP is too nice tho. I rarely play mid in ranked, but I would still use ignite there too I think. At least I have been in a few teambuilder games recently. Karma mid is the only mid I've done in a while.

edit: I lied. I was Ryze mid last night, but had TP because I was going to go top but heimer asked me to swap as we were going to lane. I still like to run ignite/flash once in a while if i'm feeling frisky with him.

zkylon

zkylewd
It depends on who i'm playing as, but I still like to run it on some of my toplaners. Sometime TP is too nice tho. I rarely play mid in ranked, but I would still use ignite there too I think. At least I have been in a few teambuilder games recently. Karma mid is the only mid I've done in a while.
i just got to the point where i can accept that some things aren't for me

i'm pretty stubborn and i like damage dealers and i like girl champions. i like ignite.

got me where i am, so won't change it

Soraka is definitely fucking stupid right now, and playing fucking stupid things makes me happy

Also somehow carrying a game with a Veigar that first picked him into LeBlanc and a Feral Flare Kha6 because I sit top for 20 minutes with 3 heals while making Renek's life hell.

Delodax

Well the trick is, you're more useless dead.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would build QSS no later than third. BT->Zeal->QSS. That's early enough to make a difference while still having some damage behind you. Even better you can turn it into a mercurial's later and have a relevant damage item.

I'm not even sure I'm less useful dead tbh. If the we is smart he'll ignore me and my subpar damage and bop someone else instead who would have made an impact.

Tizoc

I really wanna go up against an all AD team as Gangplank and build the Armor trinity (Randuin+Sunfire+Tabi) just to see how the poor shmucks are getting wasted by me while I wittle at their healt.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
you don't need ignite or heal or barrier or something else either though? ghost is just a better option on him
Heal would be pretty helpful and provide a similar burst of mobility. Most people are just going to fuck your shit up if you try and run double mobility summoners in mid lane.

I've watched a lot of people use Ghost and Flash on him and it helped me out a lot in the two games I've played on him.

By far the most popular second summoner just having a look on probuilds, although it's mainly all the EU mids running it.

Just had our Jax feed Fiora, and given how rare it is she turns up, how do you actually stop her? I suggested Xin and Jax pick-up Randuin's but even then she was still melting folk.

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess it's the vladimir split pushy thing in which you don't really care about lane but then become a massive impossible-to-catch nuisance

which sums up twisted fate pretty well

i still would prolly run heal just cos i'd feel too gimped in lane without it but you know, different people, different styles

Sigh.

Tales from Ranked: Syndra locks in mid after Ziggs, even though Ziggs already called mid. Nami, Tryn, Wukong, Syndra and Ziggs.

GG.

Tizoc

Just had our Jax feed Fiora, and given how rare it is she turns up, how do you actually stop her? I suggested Xin and Jax pick-up Randuin's but even then she was still melting folk.

Aside from Randuin, maybe Thornmail? If you're AP, rock Zyonian Hourglass and activate once she does her Ulti.

Can't think of much sad to say.

Ferrio

Banned

Ninja tabi is one of the best pickups against a fiora since it works on her ult and is cheap as dirt. If you lane against her and get it before she hits 6, it''ll neuter her ult damage so much.

Otherwise you stun her and burn her down, or exhaust her before she ults (fioras will ult when they're getting low on health to lifesteal back up). Also don't clump together or you'll all take a shit load of damage if she's running with a hydra, which she should be.

A late game jax should of had no problem against a fiora.

I've watched a lot of people use Ghost and Flash on him and it helped me out a lot in the two games I've played on him.

By far the most popular second summoner just having a look on probuilds, although it's mainly all the EU mids running it.

It's fine as long as you're picking him to punish an insta-lock Nidalee or other farming laner, but next time you go against a Zed, Fizz, or LeBlanc you should really consider running Exhaust. There's really just no reason that Zed shouldn't have been eating your lunch. (Tell his mom he's bad.)

The reason most pros run Ghost/Flash is because they're picking TF after the enemy mid has shown and know there's no danger. Most of them wouldn't play him into assassin match-ups anyway, but, y'know. That's the one major gripe with Team Builder.

I haven't played LOL in about a year, so I guess I'm sort of a noob all over again. I was pretty surprised to see all the buffs/nerfs made to a lot of champions/items. Can't believe Tear of the Goddess was nerfed. Is that even still viable anymore? There's also a few (more like a lot) of new faces I don't notice in the roster now.

Anyways I'm planning on getting back into it, since I've been bored lately. I want to try out a few champions that I haven't played very much. I wanted to try out Mundo and Zac support, since I remember getting them before I stopped playing about a year ago. I tried out Zac support on a bot match, and I was terrible. My slingshots were way off, and I was confused by the new items (especially that strange free one). Then I tried out Mundo, and I wasn't too bad of a support. I was with bots, so I can't be legit about it. It's just easier for me to build Mundo, and throw cleavers. Then be Zac and put myself in danger with his health getting lower with each attack.

Not sure when I'll try out a real match again, since I don't feel ready yet. I'm only lvl19, so I'll be playing in normal matches anyway. So hopefully people aren't so competitive in a normal match, as I guess they would be in a ranked match.

I like how when I play a game as TF and call myself oldschoolgg it relaxes everyone and gets some laughs.

cos even though you're equating yourself to an awful player, you're setting their expectations of you so low in a humorous way that if you actually do well or shit nobody cares and just laughs.

attachment.php

also I'm surprised none of you picked up on my super-subtle-troll-attempt-that-may-have-been-too-subtle earlier.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How does the Lich Bane thing effect Diana? I'm confused. I see she got buffed (lol) but it just feels like she's still largely neglected.

Ferrio

Banned
How does the Lich Bane thing effect Diana? I'm confused. I see she got buffed (lol) but it just feels like she's still largely neglected.

Way worse than it was. I never built it on her pre-change, now there's completely no point getting it on her.

Why don't you play a real support tho? They're fun now yo.

I wanted to try out a tank support (especially to see what Mundo and Zac were like). I've never jungled before, so I definitely wasn't going to jungle with them to try them out. I can't even practice jungling, since the bots are really bad with handling a lane itself. Also the regular matches I play are still the type of games that are 2 top, 2 bot, and 1 mid. So I either have to play as a bottom tank support, or choose someone else.

Ferrio

Banned
I wanted to try out a tank support (especially to see what Mundo and Zac were like). I've never jungled before, so I definitely wasn't going to jungle with them to try them out. I can't even practice jungling, since the bots are really bad with handling a lane itself. Also the regular matches I play are still the type of games that are 2 top, 2 bot, and 1 mid. So I either have to play as a bottom tank support, or choose someone else.

Both of those champions would normally be seen solo top or jungle. But ya bot matches it doesn't matter.

Kenai

If you want a tanky support there's options for that too. Leona is super good (although banned a lot). Thresh is real good too but doesn't really start out tanky (needs to collect souls for a bit). Then there's Taric and Alistair and such. Gragas is starting to see play as an "official" support, and Braum is going to be a tanky support when he gets released.

You kinda have to know tanky/all-in type supports well since they can get harassed a lot in lane and need their team to back up their plays (which is the case of any support, but in a melee/all-in's case they have a harder time backing off without dying).

Both of those champions would normally be seen solo top or jungle. But ya bot matches it doesn't matter.

For right now, I'm just practicing with bots. Until I learn these new items, and all the other changes in the game. Wouldn't want to jump in and scratching my head at every item/ability I see.

If you want a tanky support there's options for that too. Leona is super good (although banned a lot). Thresh is real good too but doesn't really start out tanky (needs to collect souls for a bit). Then there's Taric and Alistair and such. Gragas is starting to see play as an "official" support, and Braum is going to be a tanky support when he gets released.

You kinda have to know tanky/all-in type supports well since they can get harassed a lot in lane and need their team to back up their plays (which is the case of any support, but in a melee/all-in's case they have a harder time backing off without dying).

Woah, Gragas is a support now!? That's great! I got him a long time ago, but could never use him in mid-lane correctly. I'd do much better with him as a support. I need to look up some vids of him going support now.

Do you understand how much damage Ryze has even at lvl 1 with just a mana crystal? I ran him with flat mana blues and yellows as well and made a Renekton back three times before lvl 6.

Broken...as...fuck.
Melee champions have always been weak to early ranged harrass, so "Ryze top = broken" is a bit of an overstatement.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm just gonna start somewhere I've never played before until I get my legs back. Morgana support future.

(first game was fun. no lie)
I was already sold, now I'm doubly sold. Looks like she should be a Persona boss.

lol it fits

CRS

how well does Trundle scale into late-game? He might be the first tank/top-laner I actually enjoy playing

Not a hyper carry but pretty well. If he's strong enough, he's a great split pusher and will definitely need more than one enemy to take care of him. Great escape and disengage as well with his W and E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom