• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
We'll never get to see what's in that basement.

This sums up Attack on Titan

SiXOhek.gif

InSec going for the jungle Yasuo...

hrm. Wonder how this'll work out. Can't say I was ever impress with jungle Yasuo. Will he go Feral Flare?

Yeah, I continue to be unimpressed with Yasuo jungle.

good to see more articles going up on the official League site instead of just the sales announcements and stuff

would be nice to see them put more of a focus on that and pick up some decent writing talent to flesh it out a bit more.

edit: stealths need to learn how to finish games better, that went on far longer than it should have.

Nev

Banned
good to see more articles going up on the official League site instead of just the sales announcements and stuff

would be nice to see them put more of a focus on that and pick up some decent writing talent to flesh it out a bit more.

They can't possibly beat surrender@20 by now.

garath

I'm happy with feral flare. It's strength has caused Pantheon to be forgotten on the ban list. I think people just forgot about him for the most part.

Unfortunately his skin will provide a resurgence.

Edwardo

I made it to Silver 1 last night after my third promo attempt. I went 2-0 this time :)

So close to gold i can just taste it.

Last night I bought a bunch of mana runes. I find myself playing a lot of Ryze lately.

garath

I made it to Silver 1 last night after my third promo attempt. I went 2-0 this time :)

So close to gold i can just taste it.

Last night I bought a bunch of mana runes. I find myself playing a lot of Ryze lately.

Gratz!! You can do it. Join Wukong's Paragon, GAF's Gold home.

So riot is partnering with some news site? Neat.

Sounds like they may be picking up some writing hack.

garath

I don't know if I like this new variety of runes.

I had to trundle top last night and realized I had completely scrapped my lifesteal page. I was looking for another page with MR glyphs because I thought I was up against a Nidalee (turned out Kayle) So I ended up having to use an older AD/armorpen page.

So many of my jungling pages I replaced the glyphs with cdr. My ADC pages all have armor and attack speed instead of lifesteal now.

It's a mess. Somehow my 16 pages just don't feel like enough. I need like two variations of everything now with the onset of CDR blues and health seals.

I guess I'll be getting those extra 4 pages when the rune page sale hits. Sigh.

Sure, it's wonderful to have variety if you only play a single role but if I'm a lower pick, I'm not getting jungle and probably not even adc. I'm going to need those pages.

Right now I have 2 pages for adc (one with mana regen, one without), I could easily have a couple more.

I have 3 pages for support - 1 for AP poke heavy like Zyra, Annie, Morgana, Sona. 1 for tanky like Leona and Taric. 1 for tanky+AD poke (thresh). I guess I could give up the AD poke support page

The rest are jungling pages. So many variations of AP, AD, penetration, attack speed, move speed, CDR, health, armor and MR. It's nuts.

Season 3 was pretty much Movespeed quints, attackspeed reds, armor seals, MR glyphs. Could get away with that for almost all the hot junglers.

How are you guys managing all these new rune combos?

Leezard

I have like 3 pages for Nami, 2 for morgana, one for Sona/Lulu, one for janna. One for Leona/Gragas as well, and one for thresh. 9 pages in all for support. :)

our favourite #esports journalist Richard Lewis has taken a load of second hand information and come to the conclusion that there's a new EU super team coming,

Rumoured roster is:

Nukeduck
k0u (to be replaced by Hulberto if they get into LCS as k0u is still underage)
Alex Ich
FORG1VEN (who has announced he's left Copenhagen Wolves)
Mithy.

Apparently they will play as the new NiP roster and, once again, will try to buy someone's LCS spot instead of earning their own way in :L

I find it odd that Alex would leave Gambit for a team that's not guaranteed entry to the LCS. Perhaps that's his criteria for staying on the team, that they have to get into LCS. He has a kid to support and all.

zkylon

zkylewd
our favourite #esports journalist Richard Lewis has taken a load of second hand information and come to the conclusion that there's a new EU super team coming,

Rumoured roster is:

Nukeduck
k0u (to be replaced by Hulberto if they get into LCS as k0u is still underage)
Alex Ich
FORG1VEN (who has announced he's left Copenhagen Wolves)
Mithy.

Apparently they will play as the new NiP roster and, once again, will try to buy someone's LCS spot instead of earning their own way in :L

I find it odd that Alex would leave Gambit for a team that's not guaranteed entry to the LCS. Perhaps that's his criteria for staying on the team, that they have to get into LCS. He has a kid to support and all.
no way, there's two midlaners in that roster and there can only be one clg

But what's the process for this?

it was explained to me by Tiza before. Basically, it's the organisation that holds the LCS spots and not the players, except in specific circumstances (like the former Copenhagen Wolves team with Bjergsen, Deficio etc. going to NiP because CW weren't paying them).

Organisations can sell their spot to another team pending Riot's approval. can only be done if the team wants to sell the spot and someone wants to buy it.

That's basically how EG would have gotten into LCS in America, although it didn't work out that way as Alliance had bought Evil Geniuses spot in EU and EG and Alliance are owned by the same people. Because the same owners can't have 2 LCS teams, even if they're in different regions, the EG players just joined Velocity and EG basically pay for everything and title sponsor them.

NiP tried to buy the Lemondogs spot for this split, although it didn't work out as Riot introduced rules preventing teams relegated from the previous split from buying their way back in. However, as a full split has passed and it's after relegations but before the season, they can actually buy a spot off another team if one is willing to sell.

So NiP with the new roster would buy the LCS spot off a team that did not want to keep it and use this new roster.

no way, there's two midlaners in that roster and there can only be one clg

Alex would be playing top. He was originally supposed to play top for the super team that became Alliance but decided to stay with Gambit, and Alliance used Wickd instead.

I don't get it. Did Gambit lose the LCS spot or something? I'm guessing all that issue with Russia, moving, families and the remake hurt their performance.

I don't get it. Did Gambit lose the LCS spot or something? I'm guessing all that issue with Russia, moving, families and the remake hurt their performance.

no, they didn't. we don't even know who would be selling their spot.

Just that, apparently, NiP want to buy an LCS spot from someone again and that Alex will apparently leave Gambit to play top lane for this new NiP roster.

zkylon

zkylewd
this would be pretty sad

not only you lose one of the most endearing teams in eu, but you grab a trademark mid and put it into fucking shyvanna and renekton

what the fuck is wrong with the world

Snowman

this would be pretty sad

not only you lose one of the most endearing teams in eu, but you grab a trademark mid and put it into fucking shyvanna and renekton

renekton/shyvana is kind of over now though, thankfully

this would be pretty sad

If I was Alex I'd be pretty frustrated with my team atm, honestly.

It took Copenhagen Wolves playing pretty poorly for them to avoid relegations at all.

zkylon

zkylewd
If I was Alex I'd be pretty frustrated with my team atm, honestly.

It took Copenhagen Wolves playing pretty poorly for them to avoid relegations at all.
i dunno why, he wasn't the 11/1/2 piglet on the frost loss either with the exception of that one ori game

i thought common idea was that gambit just didn't adapt to this patch well, aside from darien and edward playing awful?

Blech. Decided to try Shyv top. Laned against Vlad. Obviously can't do squat. Jungle Udyr: "B-b-but muh stacks!". Tried farming golems. He actually flashed just to smite the big one from me.

Blizzard

Banned
Second promo lost 0-3.
If I recall correctly, I lost 4 or 5 promo series in a row in Silver 1 before I got to Gold V.

Don't give up until you've lost at least 10 in a row.

(or do give up if your health, happiness, lack of stress, and other things in life are more important :p)

Alex's games top have been on Lulu, LeBlanc, Kha'Zix and Irelia from what I could see, so he's still pretty much keeping his current champ pool. May even go back to his signature Ryze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom