• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
best thing about vi is her groaning

i love how she's all ughghhhh and yahhhhh and grawwhhh

ed: also nightcrawler rango released: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/ne...-release/embrace-darkness-night-hunter-rengar

nhr-ss.jpg

looks pretty cool

Mothman91

Worked well for me so far, should I use BoRK instead?
Statik Shiv/Triforce/Infinitey Edge as your damage items.

Statik because you can poke with your Q and also adds the proc for a lot more damage.
Triforce because of the proc triforce damage.
IE because of the 275% critical strike damage, so if your Q procs the crit...massive damage.

But if you do try to go for all 3 of these...good luck. You'll just be like Ezreal, relying on your Q only for damage because if you go in...you'll get melted. Although you have your W for heal, it'll be tough regardless.

Tizoc

Statik Shiv/Triforce/Infinitey Edge as your damage items.

Statik because you can poke with your Q and also adds the proc for a lot more damage.
Triforce because of the proc triforce damage.
IE because of the 275% critical strike damage, so if your Q procs the crit...massive damage.

But if you do try to go for all 3 of these...good luck. You'll just be like Ezreal, relying on your Q only for damage because if you go in...you'll get melted. Although you have your W for heal, it'll be tough regardless.

Hmm interesting, I've used statik as part of Gangplank's build in past matches.

Jeff-DSA

Ok, guys, I think I have a grasp what ELO hell actually is. When you're down in the bronze dungeon, you're very often playing with people that have no further to drop. They're already at the bottom of everything, so a rage quit just doesn't have a negative impact on them. An AFK loss is no big deal, because they're not going to drop any more and they don't really care to go up. So many of them treat Ranked like Normals if they have no ambition to improve.

I placed Silver 3, only won 1 out of 3 (one with an AFK teammate) to promote to Silver 2, and then ran into a HUGE RUN of bad games. I allowed myself to pick support too often. I'm a fine support, but I don't have the impact on games that I should in that role. I started dropping quickly.

Now I'm paired with the worst that the LoL community has to offer in ranked games. It's difficult, because, no exaggeration, 25% of my matches are guaranteed losses due to AFK/rage quit/DC teammates. That's rough. Then in the other 75% of my games, I just have people who flat out don't care, so they troll or they just mess around the whole time instead of trying to win. You get matches where two people take smite and fight about who gets to jungle. You have idiots picking Zilean and going top. You get someone taking an AP support and stealing farm the whole time, so they fight with the ADC and one quits.

I figure that I'll get back out of the hole, sure, but it seems that ELO hell is just a rough time. At least my MMR is high in my Normal modes games, so I can play with Gold/Plat/high Silver players there when I tire of the grind to get out of Bronze 2. :/

Blizzard

Banned
Please, no Tiamat/Hydra on Gangplank.
Tizoc only has 14 total games played of ARAM, plus for all I know it may work OK there. :p

Ok, guys, I think I have a grasp what ELO hell actually is. When you're down in the bronze dungeon, you're very often playing with people that have no further to drop. They're already at the bottom of everything, so a rage quit just doesn't have a negative impact on them. An AFK loss is no big deal, because they're not going to drop any more and they don't really care to go up. So many of them treat Ranked like Normals if they have no ambition to improve.
People normally make a math argument against this, saying overall after a large number of games, an equal number of people (or fewer) should be AFK on the other team since you never go AFK yourself and all other factors are equal.

Regarding levels, I think Rex recently pointed out 3-5 games in a row in DIAMOND with AFK or disconnecting people. Maybe connections were just bad that day, but it sounds like problems exist everywhere, just perhaps more commonly and more painfully in silver.

Newt

I want to play Vayne this week (only played her a handful of times before) but I don't want to feed

larry-david.gif
Remember. If you're feeding in lane, it's okay because you'll outscale the enemy ADC late game. Make sure you say this in all chat.

Please don't do this

Tizoc

What's the best way to maximize the damage from Ziggs' abilities? I understanding positioning is key but sometimes I misplace my bombs and they don't hit their mark.

Mothman91

What's the best way to maximize the damage from Ziggs' abilities? I understanding positioning is key but sometimes I misplace my bombs and they don't hit their mark.

Core is Athenes/Deathcap/Void Staff.

That'll maximize your spells into mid game. You might need an early Zhonyas if they have an AD assassin like Zed. Also adding a Lich bane as a 5th/6th item is good because you spam spells and you'll have enough AP for it to be worth it.

Blizzard

Banned
Is lich bane still worth it? I feel like even the classic lich bane users no longer have lich bane recommended in guides or whatever.

Tizoc

Core is Athenes/Deathcap/Void Staff.

That'll maximize your spells into mid game. You might need an early Zhonyas if they have an AD assassin like Zed. Also adding a Lich bane as a 5th/6th item is good because you spam spells and you'll have enough AP for it to be worth it.

Sorry I don't mean build, I know what items work with Ziggs, what I mean is when I'm actually playing and up against an enemy champ how should I go about using my abilities so they are effective against them and for me to deal the most damage.

DeadNames

Banned
Sorry I don't mean build, I know what items work with Ziggs, what I mean is when I'm actually playing and up against an enemy champ how should I go about using my abilities so they are effective against them and for me to deal the most damage.

Ziggs is fairly simple.

Press q to poke them, w to self peel, e to clear waves.

Mothman91

Early on, try to farm. You definitely need an early chalice. If you harass, definitely land them, or else it's just waste of mana. Once you get blue, you can try to push them in if they can't push back. Get them under their tower, and try to siege him with your Q. If you can get him low enough, try to finish him with your ultimate. I've gotten many kills that way, but make sure you ward river. You are very vulnerable to ganks if you push them under turret and try to siege the enemy.

Everything is in your Q...that's really it. Spam that shit like it's your spacebar button. Your W is either for them to be displaced or you to get a boost to run away. E is wave clear or if they are dumb, maybe some more damage.

zkylon

zkylewd

well make a fist with your left hand and just start hammering at the keyboard. that'll net you lcs ziggs level

real suggestion is use aoe from q to shoot it at minions and get the splash damage on the other mid. also use w and e to zone, more e than w tho

don't try to make plays just press buttons

Nekofrog

Banned

Manage your mana. A lot of people will tell you to harass with Q, and usually, that's the right thing to do. Keep in mind though that...

1. Unless you're actually successfully harassing with Q, you're just throwing away your mana and weakening your own lane phase.

2. If you're not combo'ing a landed Q with a passive empowered auto attack when they're in range, you're losing a tremendous amount of lane pressure.

3. Just because you can land a Q, doesn't mean you should in lane. You never want to be in the position to where you have enough mana for a Q or a W but not both, because that can absolutely mean your death.

Tips for W:

1. Start up a custom game and just practice your W jumps. You can jump over the standard jumpable walls with it so learn how to do it. Very important.

2. Trying to catch up to an enemy that has some distance on you but is almost dead? W the ground, propel yourself forward with said W, and Q in midair at them. Yes, you can use your abilities while in mid leap.

3. Use it to zone. Is the enemy team chasing you? Your W is great disengage, toss it in front of them and 99% of the time they'll stop immediately. If not, reactivate it as soon as they get into it as your goal is to blast them away. If you wait too long, you'll blast them towards you.

4. ... following up on that last point, blasting them TO you on a disengage isn't always a bad thing if your team is ready to turn and take advantage of the short stun and get a pick.

5. Speaking of picks, your W is an amazing tool for it. Someone on the enemy team out of position during a rotation or a siege? W behind them and activate it instantly so that they're propelled forward. Your team (if smart) will take advantage of this and murder them.

Tips for E:

1. Getting chased? Your E is also great for disengage as it applies a slow. Don't throw it -at- your enemy in most cases, throw it on top of yourself while running away. This ensures that you're not wasting it because it has an arm time (albeit a short one). If you throw it at your enemy they may pass through it entirely without hitting any of the mines due to the arm time.

2. The money maker. Need to push a lane and roam fast? E, Q, bye minion wave.

3. Your E is what stalls games. Is your team behind? Awesome, Ziggs excels at stalling the game with the waveclear from his Q and E. If you have an ADC that is also capable of decent waveclear, you can beat back any siege with proper positioning.

Tips for R (I don't always suggest these as your ult is crucial to teamfights):

1. There are highly situational uses for it outside of the "press R to nuke and win". Did your enemy midlaner disappear around the time of the 2nd bluebuff? If you're feeling super ballsy, toss your ult at their blue buff. It doesn't work often, but sometimes you'll get the steal.

2. It gives you vision. It's not always optimal, but if you absolutely -need- to check baron without face checking it, toss your ult at the pit and it will reveal what's going on.

3. Is a side lane pushing against you at a really bad time? Throw your ult at it to clear it without requiring anyone from your team to split to take care of it.

There's more, but I'm at work and this is just what I thought of off the top of my head.

Also, most of the time I find it more valuable to go Athenes->Sorc Boots->Void Staff->Deathcap. The voidstaff gives you a better punch midgame and is a cheaper pickup.

Full build would be Athenes/Sorc Boots/Void Staff/Deathcap/Zhonyas (if they are bursty)/Lich Bane for fast tower pushing.

Edwardo

They said 4.7 was going to be a small one. So I guess we can consider 4.7 and 4.8 one patch since they'll be so close together.

Well, in LATAM forums someone requested an update for Urgot (lol), and a Rioter said: "He's in the list, but I know there is at least 3 champions before him in the schedule for this year VU/reworks..."

So:
-Karthus
-Nidalee (not sure if I should count her minor rework, imo)
-
Urgot

Well, in LATAM forums someone requested an update for Urgot (lol), and a Rioter said: "He's in the list, but I know there is at least 3 champions before him in the schedule for this year VU/reworks..."

So:
-Karthus
-Nidalee (not sure if I should count her minor rework, imo)
-
Urgot

I wouldn't count Nidalee.

Probably Karthus, Warwick and something else before Urgot, at least. Maybe Fiora.

Newt

d[-_-]b;112789372 said:
That change to her E? Or was it before I started league?
Probably before you started league. Her VU was really great, imo. Too bad she does no damage or I would play her more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom