• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played league of legends in over a year and today I played a co-op vs AI just to feel around a bit. I have a few questions.

What is the new "free" Ward trinket thing? Do I still need to buy traditional wards, or does this Ward trinket just give me an unlimited supply of free wards?

Also I noticed there is some pre item buying page now next to rune/mastery setup? What is it for exactly?

What did they do to my Garen!!!?

Trinkets are free vision items. They're upgradable. You still buy wards because they're not enough (very high cooldown).
Yellow = Ward-lite
Blue = Clairvoyance-lite
Red = Oracle-lite

Jeff-DSA

Holy jeez, does Lulu ever counter Braum. I supported with her and my ADC was a Lucian. It was a total massacre from the beginning.

I had a couple more wins tonight, a solid win with Renekton against Darius (that was kind of hard at first, but late game I crushed) and another with Miss Fortune, going against a Vayne. I got a double kill (with first blood) to start the game, and it was just easy street after that.

I am really digging Miss Fortune, especially in that match up against Vayne.

Overally I went 3-1 tonight, I'll take it. The sole loss was unavoidable. We had a rage quit and a DC, but we would definitely have won if they had stayed in as I was killing it with Jinx (started out 5-0-1), but you can'd do much in a 3v5.

Newt

Guys, I've decided it's finally time for me to post some waifu pictures.

1377470_653870928027227_15005357441772805_n.jpg

Tizoc

Got Victor in ARAM and uh...he's good but his kit just seems off to me. His laser in particular is wierd does it follow my cursor after I cast it?

Fuzzery

Remember. If you're feeding in lane, it's okay because you'll outscale the enemy ADC late game. Make sure you say this in all chat.

Please don't do this

I do this! Why do you think I only pick ADCs who scale well?!?!?

Then, if I manage to get a kill somehow, I can spam #MECHANICS in all caps.

Had a ranked game where a Teemo auto locked and went BoTRK, Nashors and a Last whisper. Fed a Fiora hard and went after the rest of us and made us her bitches.

I'm gonna go to bed now and contemplate about life.

Don't hurt yourself thinking about it

Tizoc

1 Hour game.
I mid as Ziggs.
The opponent's Vayne was trolling.
By the end game the other guys were going everywhere, unfocused. When the opponents started attacking our base I remained defensive and managed to keep them away.

Final build was:
Chalice, Zyonia, Void Staff, Lich Bane (tried it but wasn't all too impressed sad to say) and Deathcap.

If Jax is spinning his lamp, he's using Counterstrike. It makes him dodge all basic attacks, then stuns you and damages you based on how many dodges he did.

If you fell behind as Fiora, you're gonna have a very very rough time.

Ohh that explains alot actually... it was maybe my 2nd time playing against a Jax, no wonder he got me so hard :(

Were you attacking him when he had counterstrike up? Jax is kinda the anti melee-carry champ.. and fiora is a melee carry. As for the nidalee, we'd have to see the item builds at that time.

As I said above, yeah I did most of the time... now I know better :) And sadly I can't tell you the item builds anymore of course since this happened about half a year ago but still it struck me as odd, out of curiosity, could runes make such a big difference?

And is it normal that Fiora can't farm as good as most other Tops early on? The first 15 minutes or so I'm usually outfarmed 2:1 because I can't stay as aggressively near the minions or I catch alot of poking damage. I try to time my W against enemy attacks but that doesn't last very long obviously. I can recover the farm once I get Tiamat so it's not a big deal usually though I just wondered.

Ragnaroz

A very unhealthy, dangerous snack at these times of despair, but I must support my Gambit bros.

And I don't know why sexPeke and Overpow were suddenly on my roster when I haven't picked yet but why not.
It turns out once you start the draft people only have a minute to make their choice. Had no idea this was the case. Hopefully some of you guys can still make some picks. At least the randomizer gave you very good players.

I think having a possibly overpowered Nidalee post-rework is an acceptable substitute for a completely broken Nidalee spear pre. That's just me though.

Edwardo

A very unhealthy, dangerous snack at these times of despair, but I must support my Gambit bros.

And I don't know why sexPeke and Overpow were suddenly on my roster when I haven't picked yet but why not.

Did you join the draft late? It's live and will make picks for you if you weren't there.

Edwardo

It was stupid of them to do it that way. We had enough time until next week, so I thought it would be best to start ASAP.

The problem is that it takes way too long if the draft isn't live. It takes away from the spirit of the draft as well if everyone has more than a minute to make their pick.

garath

So Night Craw... err.. Night Hunter Rengar is out. Anyone grabbing it? I feel sullied continuing to try using Rengar in the jungle but dammit, I like the champ.

I think having a possibly overpowered Nidalee post-rework is an acceptable substitute for a completely broken Nidalee spear pre. That's just me though.
I'm pretty sure people will regret ever complaining about spears once this Nid comes along.

I'll at least work to make sure of it.

Talents

Banned
So I just had a game as Riven vs an Olaf and holy shit, Olaf is so strong. I went in to attack him at level 2 and he destroyed my health bar. Then at level 3 Warwick came to help me and gave a gank... and Olaf got a double kill.

Edwardo

My entire roster was random except Kiwikid. I dunno why I picked him up. I got Rekkles and Imaqtpie... kinda blows having redundancy.

I think having an adc for the adc spot and for a flex is pretty common. The difference in points between the best and worst ADCs isn't a big as say, junglers, so there ends up being more availability for an adc in your flex than most other positions.

So I just had a game as Riven vs an Olaf and holy shit, Olaf is so strong. I went in to attack him at level 2 and he destroyed my health bar. Then at level 3 Warwick came to help me and gave a gank... and Olaf got a double kill.
It's not that he's strong as much as he is a counter to Riven.

Edwardo

I got one bot game in with Braum at least! Though hopefully he's not changed this patch considering they JUST lowered him to 6300 IP today and that would be kind of funny if a champion were nerfed right after the cost drop.

Braum shield seems kind of funny. I didn't realize it was such a short duration, and the tooltip just says it negates an "attack" -- but does it cancel projectiles as well? I got hit by Sion stun twice, and the second time I think I was shielding and he was the only enemy near. Maybe Sion stun doesn't count as a projectile if it's supposed to cancel the first projectile?

I also got killed by aggressive-flash-tower-diving Ziggs-bot using W for the long range killing blow. =(

Even if they do change him, I'm sure he'll still be useful. It's not like he's going to get a nerf and then be so bad you'll never want to pick him. Well... maybe..

d[-_-]b

Banned
Okay played Vayne for the first time yesterday in ARAM, not the place to try to learn her but what is her attack sequence suppose to be, do E > AA > Q > AA > W? I read the description on W it seems to do extra damage on the third attack?

d[-_-]b;112847698 said:
Okay played Vayne for the first time yesterday in ARAM, not the place to try to learn her but what is her attack sequence suppose to be, do E > AA > Q > AA > W? I read the description on W it seems to do extra damage on the third attack?

You don't often open with E, especially not in 5v5 teamfights. In the latter, most of the time you save it for peeling enemies away from you.

Get traps level 1-2.

Trap every entrance to mid from either top or bot then use trinket to ward the other. When that trinket is out, you begin trapping both sides. I hope they make it like caitlyn so she has a max cap on traps on the map.

This doesn't only affect mid but it affects the jungler's mobility around the map. He has to avoid walking out of the jungle closest to mid to gank other lanes. This makes it easier for other lanes to ward.

I don't care if she comes out weak or strong but that's a ridiculous amount of map control at level 2
Riot also confirmed that the traps have a "significantly lower" active duration when deployed. I don't think you need to be worried.

??? Why is Revive and Smite disabled in Dominion?
Because Revive has always been shit in Dominion, and Riot indirectly told players to choose proper summoner spells now that they shoved it into the Trinket slot. Secondly, there's literally no reason to ever use Smite in that mode.

Mothman91

d[-_-]b;112847698 said:
E is for either to pin the enemy against a wall so it can stun or just peel someone away from yourself or an ally.

Her attack sequence is just AA > Q > AA. That'll let you get a quick proc on your W passive proc. If you are ballsy, you can AA > Q > E because E also procs the W passive.

Always remember that Q resets your auto attack so it's vital to use it after an auto attack for quicker auto attack damage.

drawkcaB

Why all the green? His red ultimate is so fucking iconic...

I like the particles but this makes no sense to me.

Personally I love the green colour on the FX. The colour and the pattern remind of that undead city in Return of the King (Minas Morghul? I'm not really up to date on my Tolkien). If you're making a Lich type champion that's a pretty damn good reference to build off of.

Tizoc said:
Chalice, Zyonia, Void Staff, Lich Bane (tried it but wasn't all too impressed sad to say) and Deathcap.

I think that Lich Bane requires a good amount of experience and comfort to use with Ziggs. You really don't want anyone jumping on you but having to come into AA range to proc lich bane's spellblade will often end up doing just that - someone on your furry nuts. Once you get confident when to weave in and out of fights, how to properly place Satchel Charge to save yourself, etc. you'll want to start getting Lich Bane (maybe, I haven't been all that impressed by it since the nerf). The conservative Chalice -> DeathCap -> Void Staff and whittling down the opponent at range is the way to go for the most part.

Had a few disappointing games last night. Played a very solid Jinx game (my 3rd) and we won bot lane comfortably. Unfortunately top, jungle, and mid didn't do so hot and we ended up losing the game. As is typical for rank Paper 3 my Thresh would rather hook and dive-in than protect me - the only fed champion on our team - vs. a fed Renekton with a taste for pale ladies. Such is life.

Second game was harder to stomach, Zyra support w/ Varus vs. Ashe and Nidalee. We're winning the lane well at level 5 but Mundo comes and ganks, gets a kill on Varus. Varus is up in farm by a good amount (~20 CS) so we're still in. Manage once again to put up heavy pressure on their duo bot, almost net a few kills but they manage to escape. Their Irelia TPs down around level 7 with us out of position - double kill on us. Even then we're still in this. I felt stronger than them; good amount more CS, on engages we're coming out on top but Ashe+Nid are two levels up now and we just don't have that extra bit of damage necessary to pick up kills and balance out the lane. Things slowly fell apart from there for the team.

Both games had a jungle Riven on our team which I haven't seen since mid-S3 and wow, not a fan at all. Mind you they were both just terrible junglers in general. First Riven fed three kills in her first three gank attempts, two on herself and baited our own top laner to the other. Second Riven was level 3...at the 7 minute mark. No deaths. No disconnects. Just plain ol' level 3 at 7 minutes. How do you even do that? Just farming up your own jungle gets you to level 6 by 7 minute on pretty much every jungler. I don't mind not getting ganks when I lane but FFS, you'd better be doing something positive somewhere else.

And now I'm concerned that this is the beginning of another long streak of games where I'm playing well enough to win but just...not.

Jeff-DSA

I no longer build Lich Bane on Ziggs. I rush Athene's Unholy Grail, get my boots, go for Rabadon's, and then get Void Staff and Zhonya's. Last item is situational, but I like Rylai's to finish up in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom