• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

And her passive if I'm not mistaken. Not sure what else they have changed. I started playing League in February, 2013.
That wasn't a VU, lol. VU stands for visual update.

ashe_old_new_2.jpg

Okay that question I will ask now is incredible dumb and random: What is the magic to make a Champion double as good as it normally is? I just now played as Fiora against a Jax and tried to go for damage and armor pen early. I literally did ZERO damage even early on against him, not with a W deflect, not with boosted attack speed, I could do nothing at all :( The trades went... I took him a half HP box while he took me 4 HP boxes.

Likewise, I have a friend who plays LoL since the Beta and he is incredibly skilled and knowledgeable and can almost turn matches around for him but one match I played with him he had a Nidalee and there was a Nidalee in the enemy team. The enemy one wasn't fed but still, her spear took HP bars down like crazy while my friend's Nidalee took 1 1/2 boxes at max range. These things don't happen often for us but still I can't wonder if there's a magic trick sometimes we don't know :/

Blizzard

Banned
Patch 4.8 already, huh? So just the Soraka nerfs, the few mana cost changes and the Nami skin?
I got one bot game in with Braum at least! Though hopefully he's not changed this patch considering they JUST lowered him to 6300 IP today and that would be kind of funny if a champion were nerfed right after the cost drop.

Braum shield seems kind of funny. I didn't realize it was such a short duration, and the tooltip just says it negates an "attack" -- but does it cancel projectiles as well? I got hit by Sion stun twice, and the second time I think I was shielding and he was the only enemy near. Maybe Sion stun doesn't count as a projectile if it's supposed to cancel the first projectile?

I also got killed by aggressive-flash-tower-diving Ziggs-bot using W for the long range killing blow. =(

Why is Karthus VFX green?

At least they didn't try to completely remove the skull from the model (you know, Chinese taboo).

Okay that question I will ask now is incredible dumb and random: What is the magic to make a Champion double as good as it normally is? I just now played as Fiora against a Jax and tried to go for damage and armor pen early. I literally did ZERO damage even early on against him, not with a W deflect, not with boosted attack speed, I could do nothing at all :( The trades went... I took him a half HP box while he took me 4 HP boxes.

Likewise, I have a friend who plays LoL since the Beta and he is incredibly skilled and knowledgeable and can almost turn matches around for him but one match I played with him he had a Nidalee and there was a Nidalee in the enemy team. The enemy one wasn't fed but still, her spear took HP bars down like crazy while my friend's Nidalee took 1 1/2 boxes at max range. These things don't happen often for us but still I can't wonder if there's a magic trick sometimes we don't know :/

If Jax is spinning his lamp, he's using Counterstrike. It makes him dodge all basic attacks, then stuns you and damages you based on how many dodges he did.

If you fell behind as Fiora, you're gonna have a very very rough time.

Ferrio

Banned

Were you attacking him when he had counterstrike up? Jax is kinda the anti melee-carry champ.. and fiora is a melee carry. As for the nidalee, we'd have to see the item builds at that time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Javelin Toss:
Base damage and Ability Power ratio reduced
Cooldown scales down with rank in Aspect of the Cougar (R)
Applies the Hunt debuff to enemy champions

Bushwhack:
Cooldown and Mana Cost reduced dramatically
No longer shreds Armor and Magic Resist
Applies the Hunt debuff to enemy champions, and deals the trap’s damage over its duration
Now only affects 1 target per trap

Primal Surge
Base healing and Ability Power ratio adjusted

Aspect of the Cougar
Now has 4 ranks and is trained with a point at level 1
No longer passively grants 20 Movement Speed
Cooldown scales down with rank
Cougar ability base damages and scalings adjusted across the board

Takedown
Now fully deals magic damage and has an Ability Power ratio
Deals increased damage to Hunted targets

Pounce
Now targets toward the player’s cursor
Can be used to Pounce to targets at increased range
Cooldown increased
Killing a unit resets Pounce’s cooldown to a set value if it is currently above that value

Swipe
Now targets toward the player’s cursor
Swiping a Hunted target resets Pounce’s cooldown to a set value if it is currently above that value

nida rework

they did my mark+lvl1 cat form thing :3

zkylon

zkylewd
I was thinking they'd nerf Q damage ratio, but add a missing hp% part.

that wouldn't change her playstyle, just make it weaker

they had to tie up cat form and spears, so that's where the hunt thing comes in. they used a ms buff in the passive instead of a slow like i said but i guess that's ok too. i think she'll be played as a jungler now, maybe, depending on how hard she scales

costy talk to your bosses, get me a job at rito pls

Ferga

Bushwhack

Cooldown drastically reduced

I hate this. I hate stepping in traps and showing my position to the enemy team. I hope it's still at least 10 seconds at level 1.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bushwhack

Cooldown drastically reduced

I hate this. I hate stepping in traps and showing my position to the enemy team. I hope it's still at least 10 seconds at level 1.
i bet the debuff lasts less time to compensate. having that passive on for 7 or 8 seconds or whatever it lasts on live would be pretty cray

less mana cost is fun, i always liked bushwak

She's going to come outta the gate OP as fuck isn't she?
my guess is yup, specially if she's played as a jungler. she'll have scouting, spammable mobility, very fast clears, an execute, a heal+buff, long range autos, etc.

she's gonna be broken as fuck

I was hoping it'd stop her from ending fights before they begin, while keeping spear executes satisfying.
it might but she'd be still super binary and annoying to play against.

i'm gonna be upset if they don't fix her spear bounding box btw

Maybe not. Skarner is slightly UP while Xerath is balanced. The latter was OP as hell in his first iterations though.
i think xerath isn't quite there and prolly needs a bit of a nerf but the meta just doesn't let him shine

but like i take personally offense that he's basically a better version of lux in every single aspect

Arc

I always prefer to play with my friends, even though they are way better than me. Its a really good way to learn. And when I play own my own sometimes this happens..

They didn't build any MR against me until Voli got the Spetre's Cowl at the end.

And oh yeah, Ziggs is fun.

Simply nerfing Nidalee's Q would just send her to the trash bin.

She's not a balance problem, she's infuriating to play against. Her rework is meant to shift the power of her Q into the rest of her cool kit, not nerf her.

And yeah, she's probably going to be permaban retarded on release.

Ferga

Get traps level 1-2.

Trap every entrance to mid from either top or bot then use trinket to ward the other. When that trinket is out, you begin trapping both sides. I hope they make it like caitlyn so she has a max cap on traps on the map.

This doesn't only affect mid but it affects the jungler's mobility around the map. He has to avoid walking out of the jungle closest to mid to gank other lanes. This makes it easier for other lanes to ward.

I don't care if she comes out weak or strong but that's a ridiculous amount of map control at level 2

Nekofrog

Banned
I love the aethyr wing kayle skin, but I find myself canceling autos more often on it than I do any other kayle skin. The flamesword auto "feels" better even if there's no actual difference.

Mothman91

Had a ranked game where a Teemo auto locked and went BoTRK, Nashors and a Last whisper. Fed a Fiora hard and went after the rest of us and made us her bitches.

I'm gonna go to bed now and contemplate about life.

Haven't played league of legends in over a year and today I played a co-op vs AI just to feel around a bit. I have a few questions.

What is the new "free" Ward trinket thing? Do I still need to buy traditional wards, or does this Ward trinket just give me an unlimited supply of free wards?

Also I noticed there is some pre item buying page now next to rune/mastery setup? What is it for exactly?

What did they do to my Garen!!!?

Haven't played league of legends in over a year and today I played a co-op vs AI just to feel around a bit. I have a few questions.

What is the new "free" Ward trinket thing? Do I still need to buy traditional wards, or does this Ward trinket just give me an unlimited supply of free wards?

Also I noticed there is some pre item buying page now next to rune/mastery setup? What is it for exactly?

1. yes, always and forever, buy wards

2. just setting up your own custom recommended items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom