• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
ii9b1pt.png

I won my lane, I remember that much! Least I think I did.... wait... I remember towers getting smashed cause I teleported bot....

I see. Carry on. No blood on those hands.

I've basically gone to where I'm only using Fiora or Renekton up top. I need a third reliable champ up there. I could go Jax, but he's banned so often that I'd probably be best off with someone more likely to get through bans. Any suggestions?
Karma if you want a replacement for Nunu top asshole shenanigans.

Mothman91

I see. Carry on. No blood on those hands.

I've basically gone to where I'm only using Fiora or Renekton up top. I need a third reliable champ up there. I could go Jax, but he's banned so often that I'd probably be best off with someone more likely to get through bans. Any suggestions?
Shyvana is always reliable IMO, same as Trundle. Ryze against melee top. Irelia if you are comfortable with her.

Shyvana is always reliable IMO, same as Trundle. Ryze against melee top. Irelia if you are comfortable with her.
Wouldn't call Trundle always reliable since he's easily 'counter-picked' by top laners that can harrass well with their ranged attacks. The likes of Lissandra, Karma, Ryze, Quinn etc. are practically untouchable without jungle assistance, so he's not exactly the kind of pick you'd go for blind.

Mothman91

Wouldn't call Trundle always reliable since he's easily 'counter-picked' by top laners that can harrass well with their ranged attacks. The likes of Lissandra, Karma, Ryze, Quinn etc. are practically untouchable without jungle assistance, so he's not exactly the kind of pick you'd go for blind.

Well he did say something about banning so I thought he was talking about ranked atleast :x

I'm not saying W to deflect to CS.. just the W skill gives you a passive attack bonus..the first point especially. Makes csing with her incredibly easy with a dorans blade + runes.

As for pinks, you probably don't have to worry about of that. Most of the bush juking is going to occur before the first back.. and even then they'll probably only use their trinket ward if any on the lane bushes.

Ohh no no you got me wrong, I didn't wanted to deflect to get last-hits I should have written that clearer D: I meant I only ever used W on the lane passively to deflect AD hits from champions against me but it never occurred to me that the W's bonus damage might be better suited for CS'ing than the E which I normally use... Alright I will also go for Doran's first then, usually I skip it and go straight for Vampiric Scepter for the extra life-reg but I will see how this fares.

And alright, to be honest I rarely use the bushes and have them rarely seen used against me too unless I play against a Lee Sin so I never thought too much about them. Thanks again for the tips! :)

Oh and some friends recommended me to alternate skilling Fiora's E and W instead of maxing one first like with other champions. It makes sense to me since she seems dependent on both of them equally but what's the public opinion on that?

Jeff-DSA

Riot, PLEASE fix the issue with AFK/quitters. I just had two quit and ruin that match. Freaking lost 20 LP because two kids probably had to go shovel dog poop or something. I'm so tired of it. They really need to revamp how the game docks you LP in a loss where it's a 3v5. It's downright asinine that they don't compensate for that.

Mothman91

Riot, PLEASE fix the issue with AFK/quitters. I just had two quit and ruin that match. Freaking lost 20 LP because two kids probably had to go shovel dog poop or something. I'm so tired of it. They really need to revamp how the game docks you LP in a loss where it's a 3v5. It's downright asinine that they don't compensate for that.

Yup, people have suggested that the leaver/afker should take all the LP lost from the rest of the team. That LP lost would be insane though lol. Easily 100+.

sleepykyo

wouldn't that be pretty prone to abuse? Going to lose? go ultra toxic until someone quits.

Mothman91

That's because you die instantly. Also, don't get a PD on him man! No, bad Mothman! NO!

I read a post about him awhile back on reddit. It was done by Neryth.

You can see what be likes to build on him at the bottom. It's actually really fun, a lifeguard crocodile going around doing big crits.

edit: yeah you die instantly, that's the big downside. Also, I felt like a WoW tank. I'd go in, trying to dish out damage but I'm going down. Have full fury, W/Q, go back up as if I had a healer behind me lol.

I read a post about him awhile back on reddit. It was done by Neryth.

You can see what be likes to build on him at the bottom. It's actually really fun, a lifeguard crocodile going around doing big crits.

edit: yeah you die instantly, that's the big downside. Also, I felt like a WoW tank. I'd go in, trying to dish out damage but I'm going down. Have full fury, W/Q, go back up as if I had a healer behind me lol.

Yeah it's fun and I'm not saying don't have fun, just don't be surprised when you get 2shot.

Blizzard

Banned
i can't think of any way riot could fix those things and not make it abusable
I can. Did the person never buy an item? If it's possible to track that, and differentiate between never buying an item and selling all your items, then you can just trigger when a player never connected at all.

It's not abusable because if someone is bullied into quitting, they still already bought an item.

And now for Braum:

I'm signing up now to play the new support mid and/or ADC and/or top lane bruiser until they're nerfed
Apparently I'm late to the party, cute video. Giant shield! I will continue with my plans to play him mid/jungle/top but I fear the worst.
Oh yeah, I promised to play him in other roles, that's going to be tough to work out. Well maybe those JUNGLE MONSTERS will fear concussive blows.

Or maybe I can be like Kiunch and play him as AP Leona mid. Too bad the skills will scale off of defensive stats as well, like Galio!

Just build iceborne gauntlet on Braum, the post-attack boost synergizes with using a skill, and the ice-themed gauntlet synergizes with his ice-themed spells.
iceborn brauntlet

braum87s6l.png

It took about 10 minutes of waiting in team builder before I got to join a team, but I got kicked shortly after that. I then made my OWN lobby, and it only took 5 minutes or so before I got people crazy enough to roll with Braum.

I am changing my signup since I do not intend to play Braum mid after this. Still, this was the first attempt of Braum mid in a PVP game, and it was a victory, so that's cool. We had Yasuo top (high noon skin on both teams), Braum mid lane, Shaco jungle, and Jinx + LeBlanc bot lane.

The other team started with Yasuo mid, but I got first blood when Shaco ganked (possibly off the passive stun proc), and apparently Yasuo got annoyed since he started switching lanes whenever I would follow him, trying to put Cho against me instead. That seemed like a good strategy since Cho would probably be good against Braum.

My team had great teamwork though, and everyone was nice. Someone (Yasuo?) even said something like "You got it boss" "You know your shit so I'm going to follow you" when I was trying to organize tower pushes, inhibitors, healing, baron, etc. I know it was just a silly team builder game and everyone was probably random levels, but it was really nice of someone to say that.

So I can say yay, Braum mid win, team builder vindicated. I wonder if there are so few people playing team builder now that Riot will consider it a failure though. I wonder what the numbers are.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can. Did the person never buy an item? If it's possible to track that, and differentiate between never buying an item and selling all your items, then you can just trigger when a player never connected at all.

It's not abusable because if someone is bullied into quitting, they still already bought an item.
so your internet dies and you lose like 80 lp?

really people that get that upset over afkers and ragequitters should stay away from ranked

Jeff-DSA

This is about 1/100th of his post-match freakout.

He fed the other team the win. Kept just running straight down the midlane to die. All of our fights were 4v5. Pisses me off. We had the game won, but he wouldn't stay with the team. We were pinging and he kept going anyway. We asked him so many times nicely. By the end, every time he did it, it just killed me a bit more inside.

Edit: I tried to help him out. After the match I tried to explain why everybody was getting mad. He just didn't care to learn or listen.

Blizzard

Banned
so your internet dies and you lose like 80 lp?

really people that get that upset over afkers and ragequitters should stay away from ranked
Not one time, but if it's consistent, I think something is reasonable. Like if someone has 5 games in a week or two where they never join at all, maybe they can be flagged for punishment.

Rex mentioned 4-5 games in a row in diamond with people afk or disconnected. If reports indicate that a player does that consistently, then I think it's grounds for action.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not one time, but if it's consistent, I think something is reasonable. Like if someone has 5 games in a week or two where they never join at all, maybe they can be flagged for punishment.

Rex mentioned 4-5 games in a row in diamond with people afk or disconnected. If reports indicate that a player does that consistently, then I think it's grounds for action.
sure, ban them fools but that's what leaver buster does dude

like what people are asking for is for a system that detects whether people is afking in your team and in that case gives you a free loss prevented and that's just not gonna happen. there's just no way to prevent people from abusing that and you can't give people their lp back if after 5 games leaverbuster detects the guy that went afk is actually a troll

scenario 1: guy gets ganked 3 times and then he leaves. how does the system tell he ragequit or his internet went down?

scenario 2: someone never connects, doesn't buy an item or whatever. how does the system know this guy had an inet problem or that he really scouted the enemy team and saw a diamond and figured he'd just afk at base?

like if people got off lp losses if you had a disconnect at minute 0 they could arrange having someone dc if they don't like their comp vs the enemy comp, etc.

this is a really hard thing to do because there's no non-ad hoc way that i know off to tell the difference between someone's isp going down or them plugging the ethernet cable.

people just need to remind themselves that moving up in ranked takes a lot of games, and that one or two games won't set you off so bad. and yea real life rng might fuck you over and give you 4-5 straight games of ragequitters but it's nothing if you're playing hundreds like you should

Jeff-DSA

sure, ban them fools but that's what leaver buster does dude

like what people are asking for is for a system that detects whether people is afking in your team and in that case gives you a free loss prevented and that's just not gonna happen. there's just no way to prevent people from abusing that and you can't give people their lp back if after 5 games leaverbuster detects the guy that went afk is actually a troll

scenario 1: guy gets ganked 3 times and then he leaves. how does the system tell he ragequit or his internet went down?

scenario 2: someone never connects, doesn't buy an item or whatever. how does the system know this guy had an inet problem or that he really scouted the enemy team and saw a diamond and figured he'd just afk at base?

like if people got off lp losses if you had a disconnect at minute 0 they could arrange having someone dc if they don't like their comp vs the enemy comp, etc.

this is a really hard thing to do because there's no non-ad hoc way that i know off to tell the difference between someone's isp going down or them plugging the ethernet cable.

people just need to remind themselves that moving up in ranked takes a lot of games, and that one or two games won't set you off so bad. and yea real life rng might fuck you over and give you 4-5 straight games of ragequitters but it's nothing if you're playing hundreds like you should

All good points, but maybe the review process is just not honed in enough or something. Lately if you play 2-3 games a night, you're bound to see at least 1 AFK. I can't believe how common it is now.

pigeon

Banned

I actually just came to this thread to see if people were complaining about the "cannot connect to server" bug causing leaves. I just had a game where I was never able to connect. When my game ended it turned out that 8 of the players had never connected to the match. As long as there's a meaningful chance that my connection to Riot's server will just fall over for no apparent reason, I think it would be a mistake to make the leaver penalty much harsher.

zkylon

zkylewd
All good points, but maybe the review process is just not honed in enough or something. Lately if you play 2-3 games a night, you're bound to see at least 1 AFK. I can't believe how common it is now.

yea i can sympathize and think rito should be a lot more strict with this shit but league's a f2p game so unfortunately they're still gonna fool around with this chat restricted nonsense :/

Kenai

Gotta admit, even at my elo it feels good to hear the opponents say "your bot lane won this for you" (at least when I'm the bot lane).

They were right, too.

Tizoc

And now for Braum:

braum87s6l.png

It took about 10 minutes of waiting in team builder before I got to join a team, but I got kicked shortly after that. I then made my OWN lobby, and it only took 5 minutes or so before I got people crazy enough to roll with Braum.

I am changing my signup since I do not intend to play Braum mid after this. Still, this was the first attempt of Braum mid in a PVP game, and it was a victory, so that's cool. We had Yasuo top (high noon skin on both teams), Braum mid lane, Shaco jungle, and Jinx + LeBlanc bot lane.

The other team started with Yasuo mid, but I got first blood when Shaco ganked (possibly off the passive stun proc), and apparently Yasuo got annoyed since he started switching lanes whenever I would follow him, trying to put Cho against me instead. That seemed like a good strategy since Cho would probably be good against Braum.

My team had great teamwork though, and everyone was nice. Someone (Yasuo?) even said something like "You got it boss" "You know your shit so I'm going to follow you" when I was trying to organize tower pushes, inhibitors, healing, baron, etc. I know it was just a silly team builder game and everyone was probably random levels, but it was really nice of someone to say that.

So I can say yay, Braum mid win, team builder vindicated. I wonder if there are so few people playing team builder now that Riot will consider it a failure though. I wonder what the numbers are.

Why'd you make the Ice Gauntlet? I thought you guys hated majority of the Ice Equipment in lol?

Rosenskjold

It's so annoying when people who don't know how support works goes support ://
First he picks darius, starts without wards (which he never buys), and he goes botrk as first item... I wish I was higher elo :(

It's so annoying when people who don't know how support works goes support ://
First he picks darius, starts without wards (which he never buys), and he goes botrk as first item... I wish I was higher elo :(

Not trying to be that guy but if you're low enough that this is happening just play mid and stomp your way out.

Ferga

Met a guy
Lost the game with the guy
Guy blindly rages so much in after game lobby that his arguments no longer make any sense
At one point, Guy says I'm in denial of being "SHIT ON SHIT ON SHIT ON SHIT" (exact quote)
Friends me
I accept since he almost made me cry with laughter in the after game lobby

Sends me this pic and defriends.

G9FCp0W.jpg

It was a good day.

I've been playing competitive online games for 15 years now and LoL has the worst community I've ever experienced. Nothing else even comes close.

I still really enjoy the game though, but people need to relax and understand no matter how many games they win they will never get invited to join TSM.

Tizoc

Korea Kayle is so fun and OP in Team fights.
Our Olaf was feeding top and unable to counter Vi, and our jungler, Lee wasn't going top.
Our Olaf gets pissed and goes afk, he returns later by the end game after we've killed Nashor :p

Throughout the mid game we were careful and team fought together, getting Aces once or twice. I managed to build Runaan's and Void Staff and then we rushed in and won the game.

One thing though...as Support Kayle what should be my first item? Face he Mountain or Ancient Coin? Does her E buff apply the effects of Face the Mountain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom