• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're up against someone that can harass you stick to the bushes when you can and come out to cs when needed. Once you get all 3 skills you can start harassing back.

Fiora should have no problem csing, even under tower thanks to her passive damage from her W.

tumblr_inline_n46d8mTKCs1qcxesa.gif

I didn't even think about using her W for CS'ing and only ever used it to deflect harasses by my enemy... Also hmm seems like I should play much more with the bushes then, would it be advisable to bring a pinky ward every now and then so I'm safe should my opponent have warded? (Then again my Jungler would be happy if he or she warded the upper bushes :p)

In any case thanks for the tips, that will help a great deal! :D

Quinn skin looks good in-game and it's much better than Phoenix too. Surprised how many voice-over lines they gave to VU'd Karthus as well, never mind him receiving unique quips for his Pentakill skin.

Still waiting on the Teemo rework however!

Trundle is so fucking strong.

Had trouble against him as Jax top and he snowballed a bit after a TP double kill at mid. I was a bit behind, but with some help and good TPs rolling around, I got some steam to come back.
Jax and Shyvanna are two favorable match-ups for Trundle, to be fair. Even if he didn't get the double kill, Jax would've still had some difficulty facing him initially if he's played correctly.

Mothman91

Jax and Shyvanna are two favorable match-ups for Trundle, to be fair. Even if he didn't get the double kill, Jax would've still had some difficulty facing him initially if he's played correctly.
Yup. He can just save his ultimate for when you ultimate, making it worse for you and better for him. Also the small attack damage debuff is unbelievable strong early on.

So, I did some testing in the new Treeline jungle for those interested. It's slower obviously since the three camps have about an extra 400 HP each.

The route has changed completely. having smite up for wolves a necessity due to how much more damage they can get off. Also the clear allows you to use smite twice.

Here are the timings I took with Kha'Zix (no pull from bot laner on any of these):

2:39 full clear, start wraiths, smite wolves, then doubles (old route) = ~450 hp with 1 pot

2:35 full clear, start wraiths and smite big wraith, do wolves, then golems and smite big golem = ~460 hp 1 pot

2:35 full clear, start wraiths and smite big wraith then do doubles, have smite up for wolves and smite big wolf = ~540 hp 1 pot

the old route is by far the worst now. wraiths -> golems -> wolves is better. level 2 ganking will be even less prevalent because of the reduction in clear speed, but you finish at wolves at least.

Thought Kha would have a much rougher time, but with the new route it's generally fine. Other junglers without sustain will have to use a second pot though, probably.

Blizzard

Banned
Yup. He can just save his ultimate for when you ultimate, making it worse for you and better for him. Also the small attack damage debuff is unbelievable strong early on.
I haven't played Trundle in forever and I doubt I was good at carrying/winning games from top lane with him.

That said, the bite attack damage thing you mention is hilarious when people don't know what Trundle does. They'll go in for the early attack damage trades. CHOMP, now their AD is lower and yours is higher. A hit or two later they're like "I've made a terrible mistake".

I'm starting to really enjoy Yasuo's laning... or rather pretty much his entire kit. I got enemy Rengar really scared to lane (he even bought 4 DBlades) and was surprised he was D2 with a bunch of Rengar (normal) games. My scores are still mediocre though.

I am missing a HELL LOT of Qs though, so I also miss a lot of Q3s too unless I EQ3.

Edwardo

I'm starting to really enjoy Yasuo's laning... or rather pretty much his entire kit. I got enemy Rengar really scared to lane (he even bought 4 DBlades) and was surprised he was D2 with a bunch of Rengar (normal) games. My scores are still mediocre though.

I am missing a HELL LOT of Qs though, so I also miss a lot of Q3s too unless I EQ3.

The more you play him, the more you'll hit them. Yasuo is awesome. He's so brutal once he gets his items.

Ferrio

Banned
tumblr_inline_n46d8mTKCs1qcxesa.gif

I didn't even think about using her W for CS'ing and only ever used it to deflect harasses by my enemy... Also hmm seems like I should play much more with the bushes then, would it be advisable to bring a pinky ward every now and then so I'm safe should my opponent have warded? (Then again my Jungler would be happy if he or she warded the upper bushes :p)

In any case thanks for the tips, that will help a great deal! :D

I'm not saying W to deflect to CS.. just the W skill gives you a passive attack bonus..the first point especially. Makes csing with her incredibly easy with a dorans blade + runes.

As for pinks, you probably don't have to worry about of that. Most of the bush juking is going to occur before the first back.. and even then they'll probably only use their trinket ward if any on the lane bushes.

drawkcaB

Mind elaborating on that please? Does Doran's passive work well with Rengar?

Nah, it's sort of an LoL community inside joke.

Ryan Choi/Ninfang is one of the best Rengar (maybe the best Rengar) in NA and in his vids he hams it up a bit by suggesting 3, 4 dorans blade start on Rengar (tends to do it here and there) and he recently released a guide on solomid.net advocating to just buy Doran's when in doubt. For the most part he just does it as a joke. He plays Rengar as an assassin which means he needs to win the lane and snowball. If he's losing he just doubles down on the early game strat, buys 3x/4x Doran's blade and goes HAM.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I've had zero motivation to play league the past few days. Usually I have to think about playing to be like, "Oh, yeah, I might have fun doing that" but I've been thinking about champs I usually find fun and I just can't find the desire.

so I downloaded hearthstone today and this is a dark dark path I'm going down
i just got to the point where i feel i'm camped every game and i lose every game and i can't carry ever

it's probably not that bad but i just don't enjoy mid lane anymore, i've lost all synergy with my jungler friends and i keep refusing to play the op shit so yea, imma just play dark souls

Jeff-DSA

Man Nasus so easy to play. I don't even remember playing the game last night really and I won.

He's the only champ I've ever refunded my RP for. I played him a bit and found him to be a snoozer to use, but yeah, he's ridiculously strong. Never ending slow is the stupidest thing ever though. I hate playing against a Nasus if our top laner doesn't know how to slow down/deny his farm.

Edwardo

He's the only champ I've ever refunded my RP for. I played him a bit and found him to be a snoozer to use, but yeah, he's ridiculously strong. Never ending slow is the stupidest thing ever though. I hate playing against a Nasus if our top laner doesn't know how to slow down/deny his farm.

Why did u spend rp on a 1350 champ? lol

Jeff-DSA

No i was laning against him.

I see. Carry on. No blood on those hands.

I've basically gone to where I'm only using Fiora or Renekton up top. I need a third reliable champ up there. I could go Jax, but he's banned so often that I'd probably be best off with someone more likely to get through bans. Any suggestions?

Ferrio

Banned
I see. Carry on. No blood on those hands.

I've basically gone to where I'm only using Fiora or Renekton up top. I need a third reliable champ up there. I could go Jax, but he's banned so often that I'd probably be best off with someone more likely to get through bans. Any suggestions?

Irelia, Kayle or Ryze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom