• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

NA LCS Summer Split - Week 1 - Super Week - Day 1

t1400871600z1.png

Cloud 9 vs Team SoloMid
Curse vs Counter Logic Gaming
LMQ vs Evil Geniuses
compLexity vs Team Dignitas
Counter Logic Gaming vs LMQ

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Edwardo

Oh rune page sale live. Guess it's time to finish it out and get the 20.

Wow how many do you have already?

I have like 7600 saved up now so i'll most likely get the 2 for 1 deal. I wanted to get Braum, but I guess he can wait. I feel like the 4 pages I have right now is plenty, but I could make a couple specialized pages for specific champs now if I want to.

I've been playing competitive online games for 15 years now and LoL has the worst community I've ever experienced. Nothing else even comes close.

In my limited experience, I've found the terrible people vary game to game. Most of the time I find the people I'm playing with (I'm at lvl 13) are generally pretty positive, or they don't talk at all. It's rare that I run into a real scumbag.

Like in one game last night where we had one player who was playing Vi for the first time and was having a rough game. One person on our team just wouldn't stop beating them down while the other 3 of us were trying to get him to shut up and offer help rather than just talking shit. The guy just would not stop the entire game, and we ended up losing and even in the chat afterwards the guy wouldn't shut his mouth. So the rest of us all gave eachother honor and reported the jerk. I'd say in that game, 1 jerk out of 5 players is a pretty good average. Not great, but pretty good.

I have no idea what things are like in ranked, I imagine much more brutal.

garath

Wow how many do you have already?

I have like 7600 saved up now so i'll most likely get the 2 for 1 deal. I wanted to get Braum, but I guess he can wait. I feel like the 4 pages I have right now is plenty, but I could make a couple specialized pages for specific champs now if I want to.

Lol. I have 16. Seems like a lot but at the same time doesn't seem like enough.

Are any of you guys BestMilfbangerEU on EUW by chance? This person appears to have landed on my friends list somehow and I want to know whether to keep them around or not.

One thing though...as Support Kayle what should be my first item? Face he Mountain or Ancient Coin? Does her E buff apply the effects of Face the Mountain?

I'm not sure you should be playing support Kayle at all.

Not trying to be that guy but if you're low enough that this is happening just play mid and stomp your way out.

You don't always get that pick though. My advice for lower elo is use smart pings and use it a lot. Treat your teammates like idiots essentially. Let them know exactly where the wards is, where you last saw the jungler when to not engage, etc... spam those pings.

Blizzard

Banned
Why'd you make the Ice Gauntlet? I thought you guys hated majority of the Ice Equipment in lol?
Well playing Braum in any solo lane is probably going to be a terrible idea. It only worked in that case because my team did well and had good teamfights.

My vague thought process though is that the sheen proc helps do last hits and do extra fighting damage, the CDR and mana helps Braum use his abilities more often, the armor helps him become more tanky, and the slow field helps him and his allies stay on enemies until they can be stunned. Plus the AOE damage might help with pushing groups of minions since Braum Q is single-target.

I didn't really think of Hydra which would also help with waveclear.

Jeff-DSA

You don't always get that pick though. My advice for lower elo is use smart pings and use it a lot. Treat your teammates like idiots essentially. Let them know exactly where the wards is, where you last saw the jungler when to not engage, etc... spam those pings.

Any time the jungler crosses the mid lane, I inform my team of what side he's on. It's seeming to cut down on a lot of ganks. If I'm mid, I basically consider that one of my main duties for the team. I notice that I'm calling it out a lot from top and bot, in case they're not looking at the mini map, and many times it's saved a teammate's skin.

Here are my last two matches with Miss Fortune. How are these builds comparing with what the MF players here are doing? I'm really, really liking her right now.

ZsA1TZh.png

Mothman91

Any time the jungler crosses the mid lane, I inform my team of what side he's on. It's seeming to cut down on a lot of ganks. If I'm mid, I basically consider that one of my main duties for the team. I notice that I'm calling it out a lot from top and bot, in case they're not looking at the mini map, and many times it's saved a teammate's skin.

Here are my last two matches with Miss Fortune. How are these builds comparing with what the MF players here are doing? I'm really, really liking her right now.

ZsA1TZh.png
She's very good atm even when no one has been playing her. Just remember that 3rd item is LW if they are building armor like your first game I'm guessing while IE if they aren't like your second game.

Edit: you'll always not be snowballing so maybe after your 3rd item, a banshees/ga are always recommended for survivability against the bursty AP champs or AD assassins.

garath

ZsA1TZh.png

MF is awesome.

Pinging the enemy jungler is good. If people have half a brain and pay attention to those pings they can save themselves quite a bit of heartache with ganks.

When I'm jungling I always try to get 1-2 wards in the enemy jungle. It makes a BIG difference.

Type2

MF is awesome.

Pinging the enemy jungler is good. If people have half a brain and pay attention to those pings they can save themselves quite a bit of heartache with ganks.

When I'm jungling I always try to get 1-2 wards in the enemy jungle. It makes a BIG difference.
I love catching enemy junglers after a gank at their wolves or wraiths. Free kills galore!

Mothman91

I've noticed when in playing with my inner circle of friends, I'm the only one that actively buys a pink every time to put into the river bush island. I asked then this yesterday and one of them replies "I do, when I'm jungling..."

It's such a vital ward spot that can easily stay for 5+ minutes. Jungler comes to gank, he'll usually skip that bush and come directly to the mid lane side bush to wait.

zkylon

zkylewd
"Carried like cement..."

jgxOt40.jpg

I didn't feel carried,but sure, whatever, it's a win and I went 11-1-15. He salty.

wtf at syndra countering kayle and also being easy to play (well at least easy to be effective with)

also on baby caring duty again, imma miss na lcs :(

brother n°2 will get hated more than brother n°1

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh, only way I see it is a well timed ultimate when she does her ultimate but you need to be quick with your fingers for that to happen.

you can't, syndra ult has travel time vs kayle ult that has no travel time. also much shorter cooldown.

only thing that's favorable for syndra in that matchup is being able to more easily bait kayle's ult than most without using her own.

Ferrio

Banned
Wonder if there's enough time to get the ult in immediately after a stun.

Otherwise syndra is going to have to kick her ass pre6...

I've noticed when in playing with my inner circle of friends, I'm the only one that actively buys a pink every time to put into the river bush island. I asked then this yesterday and one of them replies "I do, when I'm jungling..."

It's such a vital ward spot that can easily stay for 5+ minutes. Jungler comes to gank, he'll usually skip that bush and come directly to the mid lane side bush to wait.

I play with about 6 to 10 people regularly who of gold Elo. However our normal mmr always pair us with diamond and high plats. And honestly I don't think any of us is that strong mechanically, but the thing is everyone always light up the maps with wards. I think that's the main reason we win a lot, it's so refreshing from solo queue where some games we will be lucky to have more then 2 to 3 wards on the map.

I wish more people would play to win then just to get kills.

DeadNames

Banned
I've been playing competitive online games for 15 years now and LoL has the worst community I've ever experienced. Nothing else even comes close.

I still really enjoy the game though, but people need to relax and understand no matter how many games they win they will never get invited to join TSM.

I really don't see why people say this. In my time of playing LoL, I haven't even met the amount of rage I get in Call of Duty.

In LoL I haven't been called a fat negro* by an 11 year old kid :^)

*replaced original word for taste and I don't wanna offend

Jeff-DSA

I really don't see why people say this. In my time of playing LoL, I haven't even met the amount of rage I get in Call of Duty.

In LoL I haven't been called a fat negro* by an 11 year old kid :^)

*replaced original word for taste and I don't wanna offend

The language is cleaner in LoL, for sure. I do think that people trying to win is at a lower percentage in LoL than any other game I've ever played though. So many AFKs, trolls, and feeders that just don't care. I'm not sure what they're doing playing a game that they're not even trying to win.

Mothman91

I play with about 6 to 10 people regularly who of gold Elo. However our normal mmr always pair us with diamond and high plats. And honestly I don't think any of us is that strong mechanically, but the thing is everyone always light up the maps with wards. I think that's the main reason we win a lot, it's so refreshing from solo queue where some games we will be lucky to have more then 2 to 3 wards on the map.

I wish more people would play to win then just to get kills.
Yup, I wish more people when they go back to buy an item and if they have that leftover 100-200g that they buy a ward or two. Would help the team out tremendously.

brian!

i have been steadily
transitioning back to buying wards and getting red trinket
jus wanna apologize to all my fans for my selfishness

Braum
Winter's Bite (Q) damage lowered to 60/110/160/210/260 from 80/125/170/215/260
Stand Behind Me (W) bonus armor and magic resist lowered to 10/15/20/25/30 from 20/22.5/25/27.5/30
Stand Behind Me (W) % of Braum's bonus armor/MR lowered to 12/14/16/18/20 from 14/15.5/17/18.5/20%

LeBlanc
Distortion (W) mana cost lowered to 80/85/90/95/100 from 80/90/100/110/120
Mimic (R) Mimicked Sigil of Silence and Etheral Chains damage lowered to 60/110/160 ( .5 AP ) from 100/200/300 ( .65 AP )
Mimic (R) Mimicked Distortion damage lowered to 90/165/240 (.75 AP) from 150/300/450 (.975 AP )
God bless

Kenai

All good points, but maybe the review process is just not honed in enough or something. Lately if you play 2-3 games a night, you're bound to see at least 1 AFK. I can't believe how common it is now.

Just keep playing mang. I played all night (some vs bots and a couple TB and 4 ranked) and the only time people left is once during TB (the buddy I was duoing with lost his isp for about 7 min, came back) and once during ranked when I lost my isp for about 7 min (oh god I was pissed too but we still won). This was a super random disconnect, it's happened to me twice in 2 months and I'm pretty sure the other disconnect was due to wonky Riot servers, so I am usually willing to give people the benefit of the doubt. If they keep it up I will prolly never see them again anyway, which is all I can ask for really.

It can be super duper frustrating when you get a bad string of them but leavebuster/repeated offenders *are* weeded out, and there will be plenty more games in your future where people do not leave, rather than afk.

This is good advice, although I recommend not to actually make them feel like idiots, be nice even when it's hard and they will be much more likely to listen to you (or if it's literally too hard just say nothing rather than insult)..

My own advice is to not wait until your enemy team has made a play all the time and instead make plays of your own. The lowbie teams I vs all the time seem extremely susceptible to things like splitpushing and baiting. lmost every role as some kind of independent thing they can do, whether it's denying vision with sweepers, ganking other lanes after a push to help snowball, nailing an inhib while the entire enemy team is trying to siege, or even simple counterbuilding/counterpicking and actually knowing said counter.

Stuff like this happens allllll the time in low elo, and learning to take advantage of situations like that (preferably without getting yourself killed) will win you games again and again.

Edit

God bless

No lategame change = not a big deal to me for Braum. Early game should not be strong for him at all when he scales so well into lategame, so that seems fair to me.

And those LeBlanc nerfs are totally deserved. They even gave her a buff to her waveclear!

Tbh i was kinda hoping they'd look a bit more at DFG like they did with Lichbane but w/e, maybe that's a bad idea.

Nekofrog

Banned
Sorry newt, you need to learn a new AP mid. Huge nerfs for Kayle on the PBE if what I'm reading in comments on Reddit are true (I'm at work so the actual patchnotes are blocked).

Good thing I bought Braum immediately on the 6300 drop, I guess he's really not making it past 2 weeks before changes. Or are these PBE changes that won't apply for another week or two?
These will take a while, we just started the new patch cycle.

Enjoy LeBlonk while you can

Sorry newt, you need to learn a new AP mid. Huge nerfs for Kayle on the PBE if what I'm reading in comments on Reddit are true (I'm at work so the actual patchnotes are blocked).
She lost 50 range from her E. Boo hoo

Nekofrog

Banned
These will take a while, we just started the new patch cycle.

Enjoy LeBlonk while you can

She lost 50 range from her E. Boo hoo

Oh, so it was just reddit making a mountain out of a molehill again. Good. No one was posting actual numbers, but everyone was making it sound like she had to be in melee range or something.

Braum early game nerfs are fair.

Yeah, I had only played one Braum bot game the day he came out until I got to play him in a GAF Draft 5 last night. Absolutely wrecked bottom lane with an extremely minimal understanding of how he works.

poor kayle and kassadin :( feel like those are undeserved honestly. particularly the kayle one. that might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Braum early game nerfs are fair.

lol @ LeBlanc. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom