• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Kayle deserved it. Glad they nipped it before it got too bad... given it a couple more weeks and kayle would of been running rampant.

brian!

i dont have anyone from tsm on my team unless you are counting the only na team that i drunk drafted
oh wait yeah that team is basically tsm go tsm

Hmm? Is she incapable of killing the minions with a Distortion + Mimicked Distortion after this nerf?

I assumed this was mainly for the Mimic W harass on players.
She doesn't wave clear with just her W once early game is over, she needs her Mimic W for it and this will probably make it so she can't just W-W2 and wave clear at all points of the game.

Jeff-DSA

That's going to make it pretty rough for Kayle against mid-lane assassins. I almost always pick Talon to counter Kayle, because I can silence and burst her down so easily. Take away some of her range, and it's going to make going all in on her even easier. Maybe the attack speed was the issue, not the range, I don't know.

Whatever, it'll be interesting to see how it impacts her play.

AcridMeat

Banned
Wait all they did was decrease kayle's e range? That's nothing.
Kind of is though. She's incredibly squishy so you need to know what the hell you're doing even more now.

Her late game will still be busted. I'm happy LeBlanc is gone. Her safe burst has been so stupid for so long.

That's going to make it pretty rough for Kayle against mid-lane assassins. I almost always pick Talon to counter Kayle, because I can silence and burst her down so easily. Take away some of her range, and it's going to make going all in on her even easier. Maybe the attack speed was the issue, not the range, I don't know.

Whatever, it'll be interesting to see how it impacts her play.
Talon can jump at her far from her auto range already. Same goes for most mid laners.

This changes literally nothing. If you can do shit Vs Kayle at 475 range, you almost certainly can do the same to her at 525 range.

Jeff-DSA

Talon can jump at her far from her auto range already. Same goes for most mid laners.

This changes literally nothing. If you can do shit Vs Kayle at 475 range, you almost certainly can do the same to her at 525 range.

It's going to reduce the damage output she can do to a guy like Talon though. Yes, he can jump in at any time now, but he's not going to be taking shots from her up until that point.

It's going to reduce the damage output she can do to a guy like Talon though. Yes, he can jump in at any time now, but he's not going to be taking shots from her up until that point.
Like I said, someone like Talon can already jump at her before she even gets in auto attack range. Talon's E has 700 range, even considering the differences between auto attack and spell ranges, he'll still easily jump at her even without the nerf.

Wanna nerf Kayle for real? Reduce Q range.

Ferrio

Banned
Range was probably more for toplane than mid. She could shut down most melee champions pretty easily...good counter to Jax.

the range nerf hurts her team fighting so damn much it's not right.

if they want to do a nerf to Kayle that won't ruin her they can nerf the AP scaling for the movement speed on her W and/or her ult cooldown.

I feel like the people saying the range nerf on kayle is nothing are people who haven't/don't play Kayle much at all. It's massive.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Started a game with a ton of ping, restarted my client, now it's trying to download a patch I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. Welp

edit: apparently there is some kind of update? Says it's 300 megs

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of our afk/disconnect discussion, here are tonight's adventures:

Game 1 ranked, my internet died halfway through, and two players were disconnecting and/or going afk occasionally. It was basically a dance of who was causing a 4v5 at any time. Someone said their friend was having connection problems but I didn't understand if it was no the other team or in a different game.

Game 2 ranked, other team top laner ragequits for 10+ minutes, but no one ever joins 5 people in one lane so we don't get more than 1 inhib. The other team kept winning 2v3 fights. Convincing people to have 5 in a lane is virtually impossible, as normal in bronze/silver. Enemy ragequitter came back right about the time that our mid laner went afk (parents made them quit) permanently.

Given Rex's example of 5 in a row games with afks/disconnects I'm sure this may only be the beginning. =P I feel that both games were very winnable (in the second one we literally had lost no towers before the mid laner quit), which makes it hurt even more.

Even the other team's mid laner, after winning, said "bg" "games not worth playing man" "dc's afks eveywhere".

*edit* Game 3 ranked, enemy ADC disconnects/afk's. Their name was red on the end screen. Later on, our support disconnect/afk's (dying right about the same time). Neither player ever came back.

zkylon

zkylewd
wtf at the lebonk changes

those can't be right

like it's undeniable she deserved pretty big nerfs but really cutting her damage in half looks like we're missing something

edit: kayle imo needs to be scrapped and started over. she's like two champions stitched together, they should change her to either support or apc, but not this messy mix of both.

Tizoc

God bless

What's the source of these changes? ...and where can I read about Kayle's nerfs?

EDIT: Oh its from surrenderat20, will go check it out now.

How bad is the lowered distance on her E gonna be exactly? Would it make her in range of certain abilities from champs?

zkylon

zkylewd
The website was loading slow for me, but as is I'm not seeing how bad the reduction of her E range is unless it puts her in closer range of certain long range abilities.
well she was already low range even with her e on and now it's 50 less (400->350)

it doesn't sound like much but it's actually asking her to misposition a whole lot for everything so i think it's a pretty big nerf and might get her dumpstered.

personally i think her ult is cool and deserves a better champion so i hope they eventually rework her to a healthier support-only kit.

Newt

The website was loading slow for me, but as is I'm not seeing how bad the reduction of her E range is unless it puts her in closer range of certain long range abilities.
I feel like your every single one of your posts is just designed to troll me.

DeadNames

Banned
Why do all the dravens I get feed like hell? Like, there's no middle ground. They are either 1v5ing or feeding + acting like little babies.

Newt

Why do all the dravens I get feed like hell? Like, there's no middle ground. They are either 1v5ing or feeding + acting like little babies.
Because riot decided to give him a snowball passive right before the season they attempted to lower snowballing.

I need that nami skin right now, looks like they put it in the patch but is locked till they release it right?

Yeah, Kayle can no longer attack safe

Ferga

Ouch. Braum W nerf is fair but looks rough on paper

Level 1-2 nerfs on it are completely reasonable but I wish they didn't touch the level 3-5 on it.

I'd be happy with 10/15/25/27.5/30 flat armour and magic resist

10/15/20/25/30 seems a bit rough since supports are usually the lowest level on the team.

DeadNames

Banned
LCS is painful now. Literally zero top lane diversity. Its just the ADC and support free farming the lane while shyvana and trundle follow eve, Lee, or Elise around in the jungle.

edit: kayle imo needs to be scrapped and started over. she's like two champions stitched together, they should change her to either support or apc, but not this messy mix of both.
Kayle was meant for a Sion-like - as in, nothing being kept - rework before AP Kayle became a thing, so Riot just kept balancing her around that.

I can easily see her getting the Gragas treatment soon. Invincibility will always be a problem.

zkylon

zkylewd
just make her a full support

the only cool part of her kit is her ult, so remove everything else and make a cool champion out of it

brian!

LCS is painful now. Literally zero top lane diversity. Its just the ADC and support free farming the lane while shyvana and trundle follow eve, Lee, or Elise around in the jungle.

look the payoff when the camera pans over to check on seraph and dexter during early laning
and they are not there
they are somewhere else
somewhere we can't touch them

garath

Riot sucked tonight. Upwards of 1 min reconnection screens for almost everyone in my ranked game. Our Lucian never comes back after one of them. Probably because our zyra was so toxic. After so many games without disconnects it has to happen on my only ranked game in weeks. Sigh. I don't mind a straight up loss but we had the better team comp by a mile and weren't losing too hard. Should have been a win.

PS. New panth ult sucks. Takes forever to land. Skin is sweet though. Too bad they fucked the champ.

Back to D3 for another 27 days.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Got my first ranked win :O, on my way to bronze v!
3YPwiSX.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I tried a 4th ranked game after the 3 with afk's/disconnects. I didn't get a disconnect or afk, I got something worse...an Urgot.

Bot lane had 9 deaths each. Oh, and he rushed tear, and never got it built into an item before the nexus went down at 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom