• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Man, my stupid support gives up 4 kills in the first 5 minutes and then starts complaining about other people sucking at the end. He hyper fed and then we just lost every team fight. If you're that trash, Riot should ban you from ranked.

Blizzard

Banned
I see 3 people spectating. Pretty sure I know who they are spectating ;P
I started spectating, but Newt + Rex + Sion is just too overpowered. It wasn't even close, 2 towers down by like 15 minutes. :p The other team was kind of wandering vaguely in their own base while 2 of them poked the support and/or died.

Sion flash shield kill super techniques.

Blizzard

Banned
Now get to Challenger and teach me to get out of Silver 3 please.

(I think Newt's advice has always been to duo queue, so maybe that should be my first step)

Kenai

(I think Newt's advice has always been to duo queue, so maybe that should be my first step)

I'm in Silver 3 too, Duoing does help a lot bot lane especially. I guess a duo does help cut down on the % of players you don't like being on your team also.

Grats again Newt 8)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Duoing is good because you reduce the change of 1 feeder/troll. Increase the overall skill of the game which makes you a better player because you're usually getting rocked by better players and learning.

Strategic dodging is also a good move. Gold or lower Vayne, Ezreal, and Master Yi usually spells a loss.

Newt

84jEfyw.png
Well, made it to diamond. Last game wasn't even close, just a massive stomp with every lane losing for their team.

Shoutouts to the people I ranked with:

Achtius (mumble lady), Rex (don't go in! *gets quadra*), Dimb (we aced them but im oom), Pankaks (Nami OP), Panda (Zyra OP)

Shoutouts to the people I played tonnes of normals with:

Neko, Type, Schmatt, xcloser, moth (fk u), Cloudius, ocho, ferrario, fallen (fk u), wutang, Kiunch (no waifus allowed)

Finally shoutouts to the people who helped me when I was horrid at this game:

Scy, Bind, Ufo, Gamma (pls), Phillip

Hopefully I didn't forget any, lol

brian!

The jungle change does nothing to your ability to get a lead.

It just means if you get ahead in experience you aren't going to get scaling XP so you can keep your advantage like a solo laner. You aren't playing a solo lane, you shouldn't outlevel people when ahead like one.

the nerf to exp seems significant, it's more what you can do with a lead

Newt

Duo q is definitely good for ranking up. I wouldn't recommend duo qiing botlane unless you have really good synergy though. For duo q botlane to be effective, you have to completely outplay the other botlane, going equal is not an option.

Dodging is also important, try to dodge as much as possible. Look up stats before dodging though. Here's my list. Higher percent, higher chance you should dodge.

Shen (90%)
Zed (80%)
Alistar (80%)
Olaf (80%)
Leblanc (50%)
Vayne (50%)
Ezreal (40%)
Rengar (40%)
Yasuo (30%)
Also, try to play comfort picks as much as possible. (For me that would be like Draven, MF, Sivir). Try to be able to play as least 3 roles effectively.

One more thing is to try to find champions that are strong, but not really known for being strong. Miss Fortune is one of those champions right now, and Kayle was one a few patches ago.

'grats, Newt.

One more win and I'm in promos. I keep getting there and keep losing one short of the promo series...
Believe in the MF.

AcridMeat

Banned
I finally got to play mid in a ranked game and we were all winning our lanes and doing fine and dandy.

Vi says brb and is sitting in base for a couple minutes, no biggie we're still holding our lanes and getting kills here and there.

*Attempting to reconnect* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Fix it, game won't reconnect, leave, reconnect, black screen, *league of legends crashed*, close everything, end all processes, relaunch, relog, no reconnect button, no match history. What :(

Good job newt please get to challenger and rep GAF thanks!!~ ~~
I'll definitely support a GAF house and be a twitch streamer with you <3

Jeff-DSA

My game crashed. I think I finally got a loss prevented in ranked. It's not even in the game history.

Sucks though, because we were behind bad to start, but it looked like we were going to turn around and win that thing.

Ferga

I feel like changing my Terk-en avatar to Tresh but it'll take me minutes to childlishly draw thresh in paint

Literally minutes.

Tizoc

Oh sure Fizz and Diana become available on the week I decide to take a break from LoL.
Ah well I was planning on playing mainly on my weekends so I got time.

TheFatOne

I really love this game, but I absolutely hate the fucking community. I'm still new, and trying out new characters and every time I get some asshole bitching and complaining in chat. I would understand if it was a ranked game, but I'm playing ai games. Just really tired of the community so far. If the team starts to do poorly there is always some asshole calling people out.

brian!

Its kind of silly. Get a lead, knock down avail objectives now...... What? Farming will just put you behind..

I understand they aren't a big fan of quick snowballing games but if they continue down this path, games are just going to get harder and harder and take longer and longer. Its getting very difficult to keep an established lead in solo queue.

farm the other jungler's stuff and prevent him from getting farm
i guess it's not like every jungler is particularly good at that tho

Jeff-DSA

What's more helpless than being up on the top lane, winning, and just seeing your team go down 1-11 in kills? The only thing I can compare it to is being a Cleveland Cavaliers fan.

So is like Diamond 5 NA like Gold 3 EU?

jk. congrats man.

Had some absolute clangers in ranked yesterday both with poor teams and my own shoddy performances. LAst game I played had a Cait go BOTRK and she had 0 game-brain at all. Of course, she was duoing with the Gold 1 Ziggs but that doesn't do us any favours when we're laning against a Draven who's 3/2 in the space of 5 minutes.

Well, made it to diamond. Last game wasn't even close, just a massive stomp with every lane losing for their team.

Shoutouts to the people I ranked with:

Achtius (mumble lady), Rex (don't go in! *gets quadra*), Dimb (we aced them but im oom), Pankaks (Nami OP), Panda (Zyra OP)

Shoutouts to the people I played tonnes of normals with:

Neko, Type, Schmatt, xcloser, moth (fk u), Cloudius, ocho, ferrario, fallen (fk u), wutang, Kiunch (no waifus allowed)

Finally shoutouts to the people who helped me when I was horrid at this game:

Scy, Bind, Ufo, Gamma (pls), Phillip

Hopefully I didn't forget any, lol

wait, I helped you?

d'awwwwwwww. thanks bud.

congrats on your diamond :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom