• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad :( Olaf'd? Or just irrelevant now?

I just started watching. He seems to be doing good but no more engaging.. just clean up duty.
I would hardly call an assassin playing like one getting Olaf'd

But I need to watch more, seems like he just got lucky? Either way, fuck Kha and god bless, back to the void with you.

garath

Gratz Newt!!! Huge accomplishment.

farm the other jungler's stuff and prevent him from getting farm
i guess it's not like every jungler is particularly good at that tho

I guess that's what they want. Get a lead, get aggressive and try to close the game out before the opposing team farms their way back.

He is getting these by cleaning up and doing nothing in team fights

He melts to anyone

Score doesn't mean much when a fed as hell kha with 6 items can't kill a tristana with only 2 complete items

Yeah.. that was ugly. Kat was decimating his team while he jumped on a half health tristana who was isolated. And didn't kill her..... Had to chase. That's not right for a 6 item damage built assassin.

Oh well. I'm staying away from Khazix for a bit. See how it shakes out.

Subtle

here's a couple of em

number 4 is my favorite

Thanks zky! I agree number 4 was the best. Sorry panda now you get angry Ashe!

The nerfs do seem a bit overboard. Although after the last three nerfs just made him stronger, I'm not surprised to see them nerfing more aggressively.

Newt always finish his league promo on the first try. I hope you get vileroze next time.

what a horrid thing to wish on people :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even the might of my glorious AD cow build (which got me a quadra) could not carry us to victory.

That was so much fun though.

ibdBBuW0946o8s.png

Edwardo

Ended up buying Renekton last night. I only got one game in, but I think i'll like him. I spent the game trying to get an idea of how aggressive I could be in fights. I went like 7/7/15 because I'd go too far in without my team backing me up. Small stuff like that which I can correct the more I play.

I went hydra -> randuins -> spirit visage. I liked the burst I could put out with e-w-q-hydra-e.

Sometimes I see people go with brutalizer instead of tiamat.

It's probably better if I go tanky after the damage item, but how many more damage items could I really get away with in soloq?

Mothman91

Ended up buying Renekton last night. I only got one game in, but I think i'll like him. I spent the game trying to get an idea of how aggressive I could be in fights. I went like 7/7/15 because I'd go too far in without my team backing me up. Small stuff like that which I can correct the more I play.

I went hydra -> randuins -> spirit visage. I liked the burst I could put out with e-w-q-hydra-e.

Sometimes I see people go with brutalizer instead of tiamat.

It's probably better if I go tanky after the damage item, but how many more damage items could I really get away with in soloq?
Ugh maybe a black cleaver. You should try out glass cannon Renekton. Go (holy shit I forgot this items name, it's the one before Ghostblade, the double long sword item) -> BT -> Ghostblade -> phantom dancer or last whisper -> get the other one of the two -> frozen mallet. Last time I went this , I absolutely destroyed a Ryze top. I went an early magic resist hood and turned it into an SV because they had double AP. This build pretty much almost one shot any squishy with 50 fury W.

Edwardo

Ugh maybe a black cleaver. You should try out glass cannon Renekton. Go (holy shit I forgot this items name, it's the one before Ghostblade, the double long sword item) -> BT -> Ghostblade -> phantom dancer or last whisper -> get the other one of the two -> frozen mallet. Last time I went this , I absolutely destroyed a Ryze top. I went an early magic resist hood and turned it into an SV because they had double AP. This build pretty much almost one shot any squishy with 50 fury W.

Brutalizer.

I'll definitely give it a try. I'm goin to a buddy's house after work to chill and get some games in. I'll get plenty of Rene practice.

First off, congrats to you, Newt. Do GAF proud. :)

I did have a little question for LeagueGAF, though: I'm an ADC who primarily runs Ashe (as I'm learning the ins and outs of Sivir right now and planning to pick up either Vayne or Cait in the future) and while I'm content to say I'm doing well with her, I always feel like there could be some improvement in my Ashe build to make her even stronger.

I usually end up going for Greaves+Avarice Blade+Vampiric Scepter first, then Shiv (via Avarice Blade for the little extra gold on top of Hawkshot), then Infinity Edge, Bloodthirstier, Banshee's Veil and if the game's not over, Last Whisper or another item I might need depending on the enemy's builds. I usually try to prioritize getting her attack and speed up as quickly as possible, as with a good support and not letting myself jump too far in like I used to, I can survive pretty well.

I've had some success with that build, and I usually end up with more assists than I know what to do with (I think the most I've pulled off in a single match was 24), but I'm wondering if I can improve upon it. I've tried out Phantom Dancer in this build with Ashe and it hasn't noticeably helped me out, though I've had that suggested to me before. So I'm wondering if there's anything that I'm overlooking build-wise and should be considering, or whether I ought to be building health before going after the Infinity Edge.

I just got a smurf to 30 and lost my first two placement matches last night. First game this morning, and this happens:

T57Jcvh.png

I think I reached Bronze 5, the other team was just.... sooooo bad.

Reading up on Fizz builds, I'm seeing some building Lich Bane and Sheen.

Pretty sure not both. They don't overlap. The only Spellblade that overlaps is Gauntlet.

eg if you had Sheen, Lich, Trinity and Gauntlet:
- main target receives damage from the strongest Spellblade (Trinity or Lich)
- Gauntlet AoE slow+damage also applied to enemies around main target. No extra damage for main target.

Mothman91

First off, congrats to you, Newt. Do GAF proud. :)

I did have a little question for LeagueGAF, though: I'm an ADC who primarily runs Ashe (as I'm learning the ins and outs of Sivir right now and planning to pick up either Vayne or Cait in the future) and while I'm content to say I'm doing well with her, I always feel like there could be some improvement in my Ashe build to make her even stronger.

I usually end up going for Greaves+Avarice Blade+Vampiric Scepter first, then Shiv (via Avarice Blade for the little extra gold on top of Hawkshot), then Infinity Edge, Bloodthirstier, Banshee's Veil and if the game's not over, Last Whisper or another item I might need depending on the enemy's builds. I usually try to prioritize getting her attack and speed up as quickly as possible, as with a good support and not letting myself jump too far in like I used to, I can survive pretty well.

I've had some success with that build, and I usually end up with more assists than I know what to do with (I think the most I've pulled off in a single match was 24), but I'm wondering if I can improve upon it. I've tried out Phantom Dancer in this build with Ashe and it hasn't noticeably helped me out, though I've had that suggested to me before. So I'm wondering if there's anything that I'm overlooking build-wise and should be considering, or whether I ought to be building health before going after the Infinity Edge.

You are dipping into too many items in the beginning. The most common beginning build is going straight for a BT. Your first back should either be A: Vamp scepter, pots, ward, and boots if you want. Or B: BF Sword, pots, ward if possible. Going straight for BT gives you lane sustain which is pretty much needed if you want to farm and trade. You can always go IE first because I think that item is incredible good on Ashe with her frost arrows, but that's up to you if you want to skip the sustain from BT for more AA damage. After that, you can finish your boots into greaves and go for an attack speed item(PD > Shiv for Ashe imo). Third item will usually be LW if they are stacking armor, if not, then you can always go for the other damage item(BT or IE, whichever you got first). For your fourth item, it's usually good to go Banshee's/Omen/GA depending on what you need. Banshee's for heavy burst/siege AP, Omen for mostly AD/Assassins and GA for assassins in general.

Edit: I see you want to either buy Cait or Vayne. I say skip those two, Vayne is very frowned upon in general (lol), and requires lots of ADC mechanics for her to strive. Cait is a general safe pick, but she doesn't become a true beast until late game. Other ADCs can out shine her mid game where the match truly starts to determine who's going to win. I would recommend Miss Fortune as your next ADC. She's incredibly underplayed, can out trade many other ADCs and her mid game is incredibly good. I also think she has the highest winrate % for an ADC ever since they changed her.

tm24

Not sure how Jinx would be a better option. Cait is the hardest laning opponent for a jinx and takes advatage of Jinx's immobility. Unless you have a lot of peel, Jinx is not a great choice. Hell, people are moving away from Jinx to Kog now

Jinx is a somewhat safe laner, but in teamfights you're really going to need your team backing you up. Both of your disengages are delayed and can easily be bypassed by bruisers.

In the current state of the game, she does not compare to Cait at all.
I think SS>PD on Ashe, since it synergizes real well with her passive
Yeah, Ashe's passive guarantee the first Shiv proc in a fight will always crit.

Thanks for the tips so far, guys. I'll look into testing out building BT first, then Shiv/PD and IE after that and let you know how it goes.

Also, I'll look into Jinx (I had some interest in her as well) and Fortune (I have a friend in Ranked who plays Fortune so I think I can pick up some pointers from her) instead of Cait and Vayne.

Mothman91

Oh yeah, I did forget about Lucian/Twitch/Jinx. Those are all good picks too, although I really think MF is incredibly strong in soloQ atm.

I don't know if any of you guys watch him, but I was in Trick2g's subwars last night. Legendary bronze game

Really? That's funny, maybe someone on reddit made a highlight clip, I would watch that.

Edit: Like asked above, I did watch that clip of the BD Nasus, was wondering if it was that one.

Yeah, Ashe's passive guarantee the first Shiv proc in a fight will always crit.

Yep, that's usually why I like Shiv. Even if I can't get the kill, I'm usually able to tear off a nice chunk of health with it so that my teammates can finish the job if it's a team fight. I'm starting to think that's part of the reason I end up with so many assists, hah.

Haha, I'll make sure to stay away from her. You guys have sure made that clear!
Oh yeah, just one extra thing regarding builds, Last Whisper needs to be your third damage item at the latest always.

It's not just for stacking armor, champions' natural armor from levels will already gimp your damage big time. LW needs to always be your third item at most - some builds have it second - so you can keep your damage maxed at all stages of the game.

Unless you're Vayne that is, but you already go the "stay away from her" suggestion.

Oh yeah, just one extra thing regarding builds, Last Whisper needs to be your third damage item at the latest always.

It's not just for stacking armor, champions' natural armor from levels will already gimp your damage big time. LW needs to always be your third item at most - some builds have it second - so you can keep your damage maxed at all stages of the game.

Unless you're Vayne that is, but you already go the "stay away from her" suggestion.

Thanks! You guys have been pretty helpful so far. Glad to see LoLGAF isn't as bad as some of the folks I've run into this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom