• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

How long after a new patch hits live has Riot been waiting to give us a patch preview? I'd love to know all the things Riot won't be putting in the next patch.

brian!

it's an attempted prevention of making doing your own jungle when your team is ahead the most lucrative and safe option almost always
i think it probably makes actively following the other jungler's postition and making good decisions more important

drawkcaB

That jungle change :( back to junglers falling behind if they don't get kills on ganks?

In practical terms, pretty sure all this means is that the frequency of the jungler being the highest (or tied for highest) level champion on the team come mid-game will go from not-so-common to somewhat rare. The effect of failing ganks shouldn't result in much change but the positive feedback loop of a successful gank for the jungler will be diminished.

Newt

1 game. 1 chance.
LmfPmtw.png

garath

Well the whole reason they changed the XP scaling was the inability of a jungler to come back after falling behind early. Practically this also meant if you spent too much time on failed ganks you were in trouble without getting a little lane XP.

On the bright side, counter jungling and controlling buffs will be more impactful.

I predict hard times for a jungler again. Abuse from the team if you fall behind. Hehe.

Leezard

I won playing Braum solo mid, Braum promptly gets nerfed.

I start playing Rengar for like a 30% ranked win rate, rengar promptly gets nerfed.

I'm sorry everyone, I keep ruining all the champions. :( I could start playing LeBlanc if you all want me to use my nerf-powers for good.
You can keep playing Rengar, np.

drawkcaB

I predict hard times for a jungler again. Abuse from the team if you fall behind. Hehe.

Jungle camps still provide bonus XP to lower level champions. The only thing toned down is the XP/level of the monsters which was done by adjusting how monster levels are calculated on respawn. When behind, you likely will not even feel this change.

Jungle camps still provide bonus XP to lower level champions. The only thing toned down is the XP/level of the monsters which was done by adjusting how monster levels are calculated on respawn. When behind, you likely will not even feel this change.
Yeah. This change isn't meant so junglers can't come back if behind, it's so they can't snowball out of control if they get ahead.

Currently if you get a xp advantage as a jungler you'll just keep getting ahead and ahead.

zkylon

zkylewd
lebonk was spared, hmm

i like the kha nerfs, maybe they're too much but i like the new utility on his w. i guess junglers will be evolving w>e>q now?. it'll be q>e>w mid i guess

good kass nerfs

braum will still be ok i think

no idea about the rest

drawkcaB

i like the kha nerfs, maybe they're too much but i like the new utility on his w. i guess junglers will be evolving w>e>q now?. it'll be q>e>w mid i guess

Biggest nerf might be the loss of damage reduction on R. That'll really force Kha'Zix players to pick their spots in teamfights much more so than now. The Q changes seem like they'll hit him harder vs. tanky targets or squishies during the mid-game. Numbers on new Q seem more than ample enough to still pop a squishy late game if you can get to them.

Stone Ocean said:
Currently if you get a xp advantage as a jungler you'll just keep getting ahead and ahead.

Which I have no issue with getting rid of. I've always felt that the level distribution should be solo laner > jungler > duo lane. Having the jungler be the same level as the solo laners has a warping effect on the effectiveness of jungle ganks after level 6/7.

it's always fun reading comment threads with people who apparently main Quinn still thinking her passive is bugged.

Very easy way to tell if someone doesn't play Quinn much: they say her passive is bugged. The mark working the way it does is intentional. If you're missing passive autos on marked targets it's because you're just dumb.

Nekofrog

Banned
I hope the jungle change won't have a big effect on my snowball Master Yi jungle. As long as I can keep getting flare at 12~ minutes and BORK at 16~, I think I'll be fine.

Snowman

it's always fun reading comment threads with people who apparently main Quinn still thinking her passive is bugged.

Very easy way to tell if someone doesn't play Quinn much: they say her passive is bugged. The mark working the way it does is intentional. If you're missing passive autos on marked targets it's because you're just dumb.

what? how do they think its bugged?

brian!

i don't really think a set idea of who should get more levels should exist unless it's like solo laners get more than duo laners. mids dont want to get behind their opponent and junglers dont want to get behind the other jungler

I don't think riot is against getting an advantage for making good decisions, it's just kind of weird to have clearing your jungle be one of the best things you can do during an advantage that you might have had nothing to do with

what? how do they think its bugged?
Circlejerk says
There are two problems regarding her passive:
Passive itself (without Vault): You can AA the target with Valor marking the target but sometimes you see the AA not procing the passive;
Using E does not result in Valor marking the target, even if Valor didnt mark a another target for the past couple of seconds. When this happens, you actually see a huge delay for 1 to 3 seconds after using E.
The first just seems like people using the AA before Valor marks

No idea on the second. I didn't notice anything wrong with Vault

Snowman

i sometimes do the the thing where you attack a little bit too early and you dont proc the passive, but i didn't think that was a bug, just me fucking up

the vault thing i haven't really seen

garath

I guess the wording is bad then because it is specifically stating it is removing bonus XP from jungle camps based on their level. Doesn't mention touching the normal time based scaling.

yeah she's gonna be pretty much ungankable now.

Her kit looks even more annoying from a jungler's perspective, but hopefully it promotes more interactivity in her kit and makes her gameplay loop a lot less one-dimensional.

That kit seems really strong though.

Also I love how instead of changing the hitbox on her Q she's just getting a new particle that looks like the hitbox.

I'm going to abuse the fuck out of this kit. People will be whining about it in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom