• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah ;______;

I was Swain. Our Jinx and I were telling the team to back for Nasus but they tried to end and got burned. It was a really fun game though. And the babycane legend made it all worth it.

Haha, I just saw that on reddit. That was amazing lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks zky! I agree number 4 was the best. Sorry panda now you get angry Ashe!

The nerfs do seem a bit overboard. Although after the last three nerfs just made him stronger, I'm not surprised to see them nerfing more aggressively.
no probs, happy to share the love

Achtius

So I just log on and it say "New season rewards have been announced! Ranked teams are now eligible to earn team rewards." ...they did ?

edit: nm they did.

Team Rewards (Based on Ranked Team Points):
20 Ranked Team Points: Conquering Ward Skin
45 Ranked Team Points: Triumphant Ward Skin
75 Ranked Team Points: Victorious Ward Skin

GAF. Let's keep playing team rank.

Mothman91

So I just log on and it say "New season rewards have been announced! Ranked teams are now eligible to earn team rewards." ...they did ?

edit: nm they did.

GAF. Let's keep playing team rank.
How are points accumulated?? Also are these wards just for team ranked games or can they be used on regular/soloQ?

Blizzard

Banned
Oh no, did they announce the gold reward skin yet? I'm way too far behind with limited playtime to be able to make it once the ravenous hordes start playing ranked. :(

Jeff-DSA

All this Vayne talk makes me want to play Vayne.

Don't do it. Well, do, but not in ranked.

Man, it's a long road back when you get dropped so far in the leagues. Going from Silver 2 promo down to fighting to get to Bronze 2 promo SUCKS. I shouldn't have kept playing support for all those games. I lost most of them, and it tanked my MMR to the point where I was losing high 20s in LP per loss and only gaining like 7-10 per win. Dropping to Bronze 3 happened so fast, and it's a super slow crawl back out. At least I'm now getting about 14-17 LP per win while only losing around 20 per loss. At my win rate, I can stay positive over time.

Blizzard

Banned
Don't do it. Well, do, but not in ranked.

Man, it's a long road back when you get dropped so far in the leagues. Going from Silver 2 promo down to fighting to get to Bronze 2 promo SUCKS. I shouldn't have kept playing support for all those games. I lost most of them, and it tanked my MMR to the point where I was losing high 20s in LP per loss and only gaining like 7-10 per win. Dropping to Bronze 3 happened so fast, and it's a super slow crawl back out. At least I'm now getting about 14-17 LP per win while only losing around 20 per loss. At my win rate, I can stay positive over time.
How many losses did it take to get demoted from silver to bronze? Is it instant like normal demotions between levels, or do they give some grace period before you lose down to the next color?

Jeff-DSA

How many losses did it take to get demoted from silver to bronze? Is it instant like normal demotions between levels, or do they give some grace period before you lose down to the next color?

I dropped out of Silver before even hitting 0 LP, which I didn't think was possible. Between tiers, it was always first loss at 0 LP. It was insane though. I was in promos for Silver 2, won the first, the second game we had an AFK guy, the third we had our bot lane rage quit after first blood (they were a duo), and I lost the next 4 out of 5 and dropped to Silver 4. Then I played support and lost another 4 of 5 and dropped to Silver 5 with only 24 LP. I lost one match, and dropped to 2 LP, and then dropped down to Bronze 1 after the next loss. I came into Bronze with only about 50 LP, and despite winning at a plus 50% rate, I was still losing way more LP than I was gaining, and I slipped into Bronze 2.

Now I still get less LP per win than I lose per loss, but since my win rate is high enough, I can offset it.

My friends thought that the whole process was hilarious, because they're in Gold/Platinum and they're not any better than me, but I was getting absolutely hated on by the LP and Riot gods. I'm guessing that Jax is one of those gods, because he's a dick.

Subtle

Once you make it to a new division you won't be demoted until you lose so much that you are playing at a level one division lower than yours. If you're Silver V at a Bronze V MMR you will be demoted

Jeff-DSA

Once you make it to a new division you won't be demoted until you lose so much that you are playing at a level one division lower than yours. If you're Silver V at a Bronze V MMR you will be demoted

Yeah, my MMR tanked like crazy by playing too much support. For anybody trying to climb in solo queue, I HIGHLY advise against playing support. If you're fairly good, you shouldn't leave the carry roles in the hands of possible feeders or trolls. Since playing mainly ADC and mid, I'm winning at a much better rate.

Subtle

Yeah, my MMR tanked like crazy by playing too much support. For anybody trying to climb in solo queue, I HIGHLY advise against playing support. If you're fairly good, you shouldn't leave the carry roles in the hands of possible feeders or trolls. Since playing mainly ADC and mid, I'm winning at a much better rate.

Unless you play Nami!

Leezard

But isn't that the time they give after Worlds before they close it?

Nah, it's often just two weeks or so after worlds, and then they extend it another couple of weeks once it's just one week left. You can expect the announcement of the rewards some time before Worlds if they do it like usual.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
On the other hand, people at low levels of play can be really bad at support. Having a big disparity there can have a really big impact on games. I would rather be the support in a low MMR game than the top laner or something.

Blizzard

Banned
I dropped out of Silver before even hitting 0 LP, which I didn't think was possible. Between tiers, it was always first loss at 0 LP. It was insane though. I was in promos for Silver 2, won the first, the second game we had an AFK guy, the third we had our bot lane rage quit after first blood (they were a duo), and I lost the next 4 out of 5 and dropped to Silver 4. Then I played support and lost another 4 of 5 and dropped to Silver 5 with only 24 LP. I lost one match, and dropped to 2 LP, and then dropped down to Bronze 1 after the next loss. I came into Bronze with only about 50 LP, and despite winning at a plus 50% rate, I was still losing way more LP than I was gaining, and I slipped into Bronze 2.

Now I still get less LP per win than I lose per loss, but since my win rate is high enough, I can offset it.

My friends thought that the whole process was hilarious, because they're in Gold/Platinum and they're not any better than me, but I was getting absolutely hated on by the LP and Riot gods. I'm guessing that Jax is one of those gods, because he's a dick.

I'm sorry for your experience, but it's interesting to hear, since it's the first detailed account I've read here of someone actually dropping colors. Especially crazy dropping before you even hit 0 LP, that's a nice axe hanging over your head.

So like, if I get Gold V, but then lose a game I -probably- wouldn't drop back to Silver 1 immediately but I wouldn't really know. And then I would be hoping the gold reward and border still apply next season. :p

*edit* Oh I see the explanation, you're not supposed to drop out of a V division until your MMR is way lower.

Mothman91

Nah, it's often just two weeks or so after worlds, and then they extend it another couple of weeks once it's just one week left. You can expect the announcement of the rewards some time before Worlds if they do it like usual.
Ahh ok. Makes sense, announce before Worlds. Tryhard during it, follow what players are doing during Worlds.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
New Caitlyn skin coming out this year. Wonder what it could be.
It's the futuristic one. We already know about it.
e9ryhQD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom