• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Someone dodged to avoid the troll in the second promotion game.

Second attempt at second promotion game, third promotion series: The OTHER team first-picks my main. I haven't seen anyone pick Rengar on the other team, in probably 20+ games. ONLY in promotions.
I picked Pantheon against Rengar. I did okay in lane and Rengar was playing passively and healing himself which was my intent...but the enemy jungler spent maybe 60% of the first 12 minutes of the game top lane. Clearing my tribush ward, clearing my river ward, sitting in river bush, sitting in MIDDLE top lane bush.

I don't blame him since camping or duo laning is an effective strategy, but it was just adding insult to injury to have the jungler there constantly.

If all that wasn't enough, I also had my internet/game connection randomly die TWICE. Both times were right as I started fighting Rengar...I could see my attacks, see him using skills, but I couldn't use skills myself, just see the attempting to reconnect thing.

Yet again, I can't remember having this problem in any of the last 15+ non-promotion games. :p I did get lucky in that my team carried me, this time.

Tizoc

I think I caused a slight graphic glitch.
I was mid Kayle against a mid Karthus. I Ignite him but he kills me, when I see him again, the 'G. Wound' icon still shows up on his character, but I think it corrected itself after he died.

mNcnT1h.png

heaviest Karthus in history. He started 0/9 feeding Annie which made the game hella hard. I've never even seen one champ go for 76k damage in <50 minutes before. At one point, she had 26 stacks, I think.

Regardless, Nami too stronk.

Zynx

(OGN) SK Telecom LTE-A LoL Masters 2014 FINALS!

t1402214400z1.png

SK Telecom T1 S vs Samsung Galaxy Ozone
SK Telecom T1 K vs Samsung Galaxy Blue
SK Telecom T1 K vs Samsung Galaxy Ozone
SK Telecom T1 S vs Samsung Galaxy Blue
SK Telecom T1 Masters vs Samsung Galaxy Masters

Won't be watching it live since I promised myself to never stay up to watch a game again, but will catch up tomorrow. It's an interesting matchup - The strongest team of Spring vs the strongest team of Summer. How much has K improved from their recent slump, training silently after All-Stars? Can the Samsung Galaxy teams repeat their dominance?

Blizzard

Banned
Third promotion game, third promotion series:

Enemy team bans Rengar. Our team gets jungle Mundo with flash and teleport, NO SMITE.

I really do need to start up my old text file to keep notes again so I can track statistics. I'm almost CONVINCED there have been 0 or 1 Rengar bans in my last 15 games before this promotion series, but 2 in this series alone.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's a standard kassadin build lately?

i've been doing the classic roa into tear but haven't been thinking too much about it and i'd rather be a bit stronger early

that second base after catalyst in which i buy tear feels really gambly

Jeff-DSA

I just finished carrying a Karthus too, but he wasn't really that bad.

jEpcdjL.png

I adjusted my MF item build order. Took getting used to moving Phantom Dancer to the end, and I died when I couldn't run away from a couple of fights, but overall I think the build was stronger. I just need to be more cautious in my disengaging.

How do you guys even play normals. It'so unfulfilling. What am I fighting for

Edit: out of the 85 champs I own I've only ever played half. I like aram regardless tho
There's nothing fulfilling about striving to improve a meaningless number when in essence it's still based around playing the game in the worst possible environment (i.e. solo queue). Ranked players on average also take themselves way too seriously with how they go on tilt (while never hesitating to make themselves heard) for the slightest of mistakes or if you don't conform to their precious meta picks. I see no reason to ever play Ranked more than Normal Draft when my MMR for the latter regularly provides matches of higher quality (and less bitching). Unlocking Season Rewards = eh.

Maybe I'll bother with Ranked if they ever flip the switch for Dominion (yeah right), 'cause you're forced to swallow Blind Pick (yuck) thanks to Normal Draft sadly not being a valid option.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd love to play with other humans, normals OR ranked. It's just difficult because people normally only arrange on mumble and hearing people's voices is horrible and people don't like me because I'm annoying.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I'd love to play with other humans, normals OR ranked. It's just difficult because people normally only arrange on mumble and hearing people's voices is horrible and people don't like me because I'm annoying.
why dont you do the inviting then.

zkylon

zkylewd
as long as you don't make it stressful ranked helps you get better mechanics, so i think it's pretty alright

normals just isn't so good cos no one ever tryhards and you don't rely as heavily on your own skillset as you do in ranked since you can throw some of the burden on your teammates

ranking itself really doesn't matter, i know people that play pretty awful but are able not to feed as support and since that's already an upgrade over what most people do as support they just get carried to gold and such that way

Playing on weekend afternoons is such a gamble. So many DCs. Akali was getting fed (12/3) while I was only slightly fed as Vayne (6/0). Built a Cowl. Play, Akali starts declining, I keep ramping up, Akali disconnects. Their Tryndamere is now super fed.

I can totally kite Tryn, but all it took to kill me was one crit. :( Didn't want to sell my Cowl in case Akali reconnected. Sold my Zerk for Tabi instead, though the game was already over. I could have won.

Blizzard

Banned
why dont you do the inviting then.
Good idea!

After the third promotion series lost, I finally got Rengar again but had a really bad game, the first one that bad in 5+ games.

AND it was a 4v5 yet it was super easy for the enemy and they crushed us. We had a jungle Nasus who warned us in the lobby that he wouldn't gank, thus making the game effectively 4v4.

AND, halfway through the game, power went out for my entire apartment complex. Randomly, at like 2 a.m, just boom, power out.

I challenge someone to suggest I'm not having bad luck right now. :p

*edit* I'm ending the night on a game where I finally got good luck. Our jungler...lagged out at the last second and ended up ezreal with smite (they had never played ezreal before). Our ADC ended up as AD-rune amumu jungling with I think flash + heal. We still ended up doing well and winning pretty convincingly. The other team might have gotten one tower the entire game. Of course a big part of that was the amumu actually being good for some reason, and a very fed kassadin.

Blizzard

Banned
The team so far:

Confident Supports: 5
Confident Junglers: 3
Confident Mids: 3
Confident ADCs: 2
Confident Tops: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GkV7mHV_pg&feature=youtu.be
I'm maining top now and would be happy to play if anyone quits, but I'm certainly not diamond material.

Here are some things I think I am learning thus far:

1. I used to try to very slowly attack minions at the start, seeking to make sure I don't miss last hits or over-push the lane. Problem is, everyone rushes level 2-3 so they can first blood and snowball, so I need to also race for level 2-3.

2. Choosing appropriate cheese is important. Cheesing wrong early leads to embarrassing first blood and lost lane.

3. My single biggest weakness top seems to be the games (thankfully relatively few, but still present) where I do end up in a really bad matchup like Jax, or get behind Fiora early. Specifically, champions that can leave the lane and do major teamfight damage to the rest of my team if I feed. I almost feel like the best strategy if I get killed 3 times early (or even 2?) would be to start trying to take that side of the jungle if the jungler isn't around, at least until I get some levels and can roam. This might backfire if their top laner refuses to take the tower, of course.

brian!

im prob in the confident in nothing category atm for those
like we had a game where i was 3/3 in lulu the other day and all i could think at the end was phew i wasnt the 51% reason we lost

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
like we had a game where i was 3/3 in lulu the other day and all i could think at the end was phew i wasnt the 51% reason we lost
You're confident in your One for All Braum.

Newt

I'm not even sure why man. You play fine normally.
I'm maining top now and would be happy to play if anyone quits, but I'm certainly not diamond material.
I'm gonna be honest with you summons. Half the people on that team are diamond material, and the other half is plat material.

Ken

i pretend to main top. can i join your secret cool club team.

btw soda i couldn't get crack to come back. OTL

brian!

i think I just threw too many of the games, like im sure that the majority of the losses the team has suffered is related to me making some major mistake
im not rlly torn up about it, but I definitely felt like I was contributing a lot more negatively than positively the last two days so, u kno, not really eager to dive into games like that with that mind set
and then i start blamin ppl when it's probably not warranted and i don wanna be that guy
like, I don't even want to care about the game that way

oh wait i fukked up that lulu game too, I was thinking about the 10/5 one

I hate getting stuck with top these days. Only fun I have is Trundle and Jax. I don't even enjoy Shyv top anymore, she's more fun as a jungler.

The two top champs I'm able to have fun with are vlad and jayce.

I was watching that vid that pankaks posted and I kept getting the weirdest deja vu til I realized I only felt that way because I think I was in the mumble channel during that game

Newt

i think I just threw too many of the games, like im sure that the majority of the losses the team has suffered is related to me making some major mistake
im not rlly torn up about it, but I definitely felt like I was contributing a lot more negatively than positively the last two days so, u kno, not really eager to dive into games like that with that mind set
and then i start blamin ppl when it's probably not warranted and i don wanna be that guy
Don't worry, I'm that guy. You'll never be that guy.
But I'm gold material.
Oh, I know what you're trying to do here. Trying to make me say "oh no dimb, you're too modest". Bronze material.

AcridMeat

Banned
I need to play ziggs mid in ranked more. I realized the past couple times I played him he's one of my best mid champs. Probably the best post Graggy life.

closer pls just hug it out.
xwx8uubn.gif

Oh and the anivia experiment is on POINT. buzzed, trying to dodge xerath bs all game and we wonnnn despite me forgetting to reactivate my q's for stuns.

I only got my nashor's tooth and needless built though (after athenes) so screw that game. I wanted to at least get ruunan's built

brian!

i dunno it's like they say crzy ppl do the same thing over and over expecting a different result
i started playing ranked solo again today tho, still in elo heaven

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not even sure why man. You play fine normally.

I'm gonna be honest with you summons. Half the people on that team are diamond material, and the other half is plat material.
And yet the team just got demoted to gold 2! *laugh track commences*

But seriously, if you keep playing the team will probably make at least platinum if not diamond. I appreciate the honesty and I understand that -- I don't want to bring games down for people.

It's kind of a difficult thing because on one hand I'd love for some diamond player to watch me and make some tips about specific choices I can do differently, like a coach. But on the other hand maybe there are a bunch of silver people who could do a ranked team to get the ward...just everyone on GAF seems to be diamond or platinum (or at least gold) these days, so I'm not even sure where to look for the Silver Team of Super Friendly People.

*edit* On that note, 4th promotion series reached after failing the first 3. We'll see what adventures await tomorrow.

SeigO

Banned
The team so far:

Confident Supports: 5
Confident Junglers: 3
Confident Mids: 3
Confident ADCs: 2
Confident Tops: 1
I'd play top! I haven't been online lately though, I'm on somewhat of a burnout break right now while waiting for an interesting patch to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom