• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, been playing like shit today. Every game I don't win a lane battle on bot, I feel like I'm a terrible player. Maybe it's just frustrations from starting out and not racking up kills left and right like I feel as I should be able to do.

Ranked is just heartbreaking.

Do great, get into promotions. Do great in first game as support (I hardly ever do well as a support), even with an afk mid for like 5 minutes because of a crash. Mid comes back, all lanes win, take down mid inhib...2 afk.

2 continue to afk for 10 more minutes or so. We turtled basically 15 minutes.

1 comes back. I guess one of those afks was crashing again like the first time, and the second just said win fast they have to go, and we didn't win fast enough (by 30 minutes).

WHY would you play a ranked/promotion game if you don't even have 30 minutes? It made me so so sad. We were practically at the nexus. :'( It's like, with ONE AFK we might have still won, but two simultaneous AFK is a real kick in the nuggets.

I lost my last 4 promos. I know those feels :(

Highlight of tonight's GAF ranked 5s.

Ay8fUKK.jpg

Ferga

1) Fuck, zileans too fast

*condemn*

Nvm

Oh wait, Malphite's too fast

2) Let's just end and forget about the elise that just solo rappelled into all 5 of us.

JustNewtThings

tip: don't jungle Twitch.

Don't burden your team mates. Learn a proper jungler.

I've carried with jungle Twitch so many times already, with either Lizard or Flare.

I stopped underestimating him when we got demolished by one a long while ago. It's why I tried it. Same story with pre-rework jungle Graggy.

I wouldn't Twitch him at top tier, but it works fine enough.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Your Nami build is bugging me. Way too much mana regen.

And unnecessary Homeguards.

I normally run spell thief but wanted to play it safer this game. We were getting caught out a lot so I don't feel like home guards was the worst item to get at the time.

For what is worth, I'd rather have Twitch than a few others so called junglers.

I wouldn't. He relies on getting ahead so much more than other junglers. He brings no strong cc. If he's behind he does nothing, plus he's so squishy that he's easy to invade and counter gank. You rely on the enemy team just being straight dumb.

I wouldn't. He relies on getting ahead so much more than other junglers. He brings no strong cc. If he's behind he does nothing, plus he's so squishy that he's easy to invade and counter gank. You rely on the enemy team just being straight dumb.
Thankfully this is League of Legends we're talking about.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I normally run spell thief but wanted to play it safer this game. We were getting caught out a lot so I don't feel like home guards was the worst item to get at the time.
Unless you're explicitly using Homeguards to rush to save a turret or something they're not a very good investment, particularly when the other boot enchants are so good right now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Which enchantment would you take on a support normally? Captain?
Depends. Captain is great and highly underrated if you're expecting to initiate or are with champions that naturally push their team to kite (like Nami). Alacrity is amazing and versatile for just about any situation though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh god i just got support in a ranked game (I'm really bad at supp) and I'm playing with an adc a division below me and the other bot lane is 2 divisions higher.

Rito pls

edit: their adc AFKed, thank the lord

What are your guys' thoughts on the madstone build? I don't know about gold efficiency, but I feel like if you have strong lanes and the other jungler isn't a strong duelist it might not be a bad investment.

Neol

That's the spirit stone and madred's build right?

Can see it working if your lanes are strong and don't need ganks right away. Easy farming, objective control and counterjungling ensuring enemy jungler to be gold starved.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What are your guys' thoughts on the madstone build? I don't know about gold efficiency, but I feel like if you have strong lanes and the other jungler isn't a strong duelist it might not be a bad investment.

I do it when I'm queued with one or more people I know. Otherwise if a lane loses they'll instantly blame you.

Taking solo dragons 6 minutes in is always fun

Azulsky

Can someone fill me in on the 2v0 lanes that are happening in LCS in this Dig vs CLG game. The top laner is following the jungler around until the solo lane tower falls?

Is this common now?

zkylon

zkylewd
Can someone fill me in on the 2v0 lanes that are happening in LCS in this Dig vs CLG game. The top laner is following the jungler around until the solo lane tower falls?

Is this common now?
yup, what normally happens is with early trinket timers or ward starts teams will just go to enemy jungle and ward it up to scout for unfavorable lane matchups (say shyvanna doesn't want to lane against kayle), so clg could ward up the enemy lanes, see where the kayle's going and force a 2v1 on her, usually followed by a 3v1 turret dive with the assist of the jungler.

to counter that, people are just ignoring the turret altogether and the top laner shares experience with the jungler for a while until the turret goes down so they can freeze the lane and just catch up that way

basically top lane is fucking messed up :p

Azulsky

yup, what normally happens is with early trinket timers or ward starts teams will just go to enemy jungle and ward it up to scout for unfavorable lane matchups (say shyvanna doesn't want to lane against kayle), so clg could ward up the enemy lanes, see where the kayle's going and force a 2v1 on her, usually followed by a 3v1 turret dive with the assist of the jungler.

to counter that, people are just ignoring the turret altogether and the top laner shares experience with the jungler for a while until the turret goes down so they can freeze the lane and just catch up that way

basically top lane is fucking messed up :p

Okay I thought they were trying to catch the enemy jungler 2v1 so the only way for the other team to counter was to copy it.

How many top lane matchups are that screwed up? Seems like Shyvana is in every game but usually Kayle is a midlaner. What champs are currently hot for top lane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom