• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've been in bronze that I totally forgot that Yi is permabanned there.

I bet that he's banned in 70% of matches, for real. I had a match against one last night and he got super fed. He was an absolute monster and could burst down someone instantly, but we finally overcame it through CC and focus on him. I swear, he's the ultimate carry champ in Bronze.

Ferrio

Banned
Fuck just realized I have a thing tonight I have to go to (that I don't even want to...) bah I'll miss out.

No phantom assassin or walrus punching for me :(

Einbroch

Banned
league_of_legends___dota2_by_barbariank-d665boe.jpg

Let's all get along~

Oh I'd be up for some dotas. Something tells me that me and Kiunch would fight over who gets templar assassin.

153 hours on issac?

You're good people.

Love me some Isaac. I play it while marathoning podcasts or something. Can't wait for rebirth.

Also damn I didn't expect such enthusiasm for dota. Guess I should put it higher on my priority list of things to get downloaded.

Ferrio

Banned
Love me some Isaac. I play it while marathoning podcasts or something. Can't wait for rebirth.

Also damn I didn't expect such enthusiasm for dota. Guess I should put it higher on my priority list of things to get downloaded.

Yes, rebirth is what will get me to buy a ps4 :( Damn timed exclusives!

You watch cobaltstreak or richard hammer?

Jeff-DSA

op.gg finally says that my MMR is higher than my league average (just barely), but that's nice to see for once. Probably means nothing, but whatever.

brian!

her kit is pretty intuitive, but the main thing to concentrate on are situations using the proper q stance

your laning is not as great as many of the popular ads, but you scale very nicely (max q first), and you work very well with teammates that have a good amount of frontloaded damage

Brutalx2

her kit is pretty intuitive, but the main thing to concentrate on are situations using the proper q stance

your laning is not as great as many of the popular ads, but you scale very nicely (max q first), and you work very well with teammates that have a good amount of frontloaded damage

I see...so using the rocket when my enemy is away from me and using the minigun on close range enemy ? i saw it on the tips

brian!

think of it more in terms of free damage
if you can get a rocket off without getting hit back that's good
long range is pretty much always better than short range, but of course there are situations where you want to use the minigun (tower pushing, fights where you can't get away/kite, fights where the minigun will win you the fight through crit/lifesteal, etc.)
like i said it's pretty intuitive, you'll learn it pretty easily as you play the champ

Jeff-DSA

I see...so using the rocket when my enemy is away from me and using the minigun on close range enemy ? i saw it on the tips

The rockets have higher range, but you shouldn't just switch to them if your enemy has backed off, exactly. You can switch to them to extend your range, but they're also great for quickly clearing a group of minions. You can poke with the rockets, and that's good, but I'd save the mana for your W and E abilities or for clearing minions with the rockets rather than poking.

brian!

rockets are great for poking and you shouldn't spam w in lane
it's not very hard to manage her mana

i mean if you're just starting out, don't worry about thinking about this stuff, just play and itll all come to you pretty easily

garath

Yeah. Essentially. Minigun the creeps to build attack speed, swap to rocket for a shot or two then swap back to minigun and auto to keep the attack speed stacks up.

But before you do any of that, just stick with the minigun to last hit creeps, swap to rocket to harass enemy laners with the longer range. Max Q first, then W. Try to land a few long range Ws on the opponent for harass too, especially if you manage to zone them, but watch the mana. E can be used defensively or offensively. For example, if you have a Morgana and she lands a binding, immediately drop E on top of them so right when the binding wear off, they are snared by your E.

Use your R for fun and profit. Cross map ults are hilarious. One of my favorite ADCs.

Yeah. Essentially. Minigun the creeps to build attack speed, swap to rocket for a shot or two then swap back to minigun and auto to keep the attack speed stacks up.

But before you do any of that, just stick with the minigun to last hit creeps, swap to rocket to harass enemy laners with the longer range. Max Q first, then W. Try to land a few long range Ws on the opponent for harass too, especially if you manage to zone them, but watch the mana. E can be used defensively or offensively. For example, if you have a Morgana and she lands a binding, immediately drop E on top of them so right when the binding wear off, they are snared by your E.

Use your R for fun and profit. Cross map ults are hilarious. One of my favorite ADCs.

Cross map ults are hilarious no matter the character. :)

Also quoting so I can keep track of these notes for playing ADC Jinx soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
r we doing steam user sharing?

mine's same as here if anyone cares: http://steamcommunity.com/id/zkylon/

i prolly won't be playing any doto doe

I read up on it and Zkylon is incorrect. It's your ranking at the end of the season and you'll lose rewards if you decay out of a tier during.

Unfortunately it's only June and the season ends in like October or November. Maybe you'll get lucky and can play a game within 27 days. Congrats on the kiddo though!
oh, sorry, i didn't know they changed it from last season

Jeff-DSA

I tried her. She is good and it took me a while to understand the idea of the rocket/minigun thing. She is strong too.

Her late game power is insane. It's also great having some CC ability in team fights with her chompers to either lock people up right in the middle of the engagement or to throw on the back line to keep people from running through to you.

Her late game power is insane. It's also great having some CC ability in team fights with her chompers to either lock people up right in the middle of the engagement or to throw on the back line to keep people from running through to you.

The Leona Jinx lane is so much fun to play because if Leona lands an E the enemy isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.

Jeff-DSA

The champ evolves with times ?

Oh, just that she scales really well as the match goes on. You have to be a little more careful with her early, but if you can get out of laning with an advantage, you're in really good shape when the big fights happen.

The Leona Jinx lane is so much fun to play because if Leona lands an E the enemy isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.

At the very least you burn their flash because they panic the second your E goes down.

Brutalx2

He means that in the late game, as long as you've been farming and killin', you will have lots of gold, and thus lots of items, so you're strong.

the moment i get the infinity edge everything is changing, tho i get it at the end of the match most of the time

zkylon

zkylewd
I tried her. She is good and it took me a while to understand the idea of the rocket/minigun thing. She is strong too.

i really like jinx, she seems to fit how i like playing the game by having fun skillshots and being strong at all points of the game.

the minigun-rocket launcher thing is fun too. there's some more complicated mechanic about keeping your minigun stacks then swapping for your rocket launcher but i mostly use rockets in teamfights until someone jumps at me so i need to go minigun to kite them

but rule of thumb just use rockets until you get dem resets

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Quitting is never an option, but failure always is.

SxsAiXV.jpg

FYI: I'm doing this to record my experiences of leveling up in normal because I find the worst things there.

zXVplcG.jpg

This game was a massive pain in my ass.

Despite spoonfeeding Lucian to the point where he had a BT before Twitch even had a Cutlass, he absolutely refused to group, saying something about "calling up my girl." Probably the most infuriating moment was after we STOLE A BARON AND ACED THEIR TEAM and he didn't push down and win the game because "I'm low." Reported him for fucking assisting the enemy team.

So long without playing Ahri in ranked... I should do it more often. (Victory, 8/0/8)

Feels good.

Also, I was playing against Jayce mid. What is this? Season 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom