• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fellow MF, players...

I generally start with Doran's Blade, a health pot, and a ward trinket. With the Doran's change, I'm considering going with a Long Sword, two health pots, a mana pot, and the trinket. Reason being that I get to the BT faster, and I can harass with her W way more early, hopefully screwing up their CS or even forcing them out of lane to back early. It also would help ensure that my mana is available for her ult when I hit level 6 without having to pass on good poke opportunities with her W.

I dunno, it might be worth trying for a match to see if you can get ahead a little faster, though it's a slightly riskier start.

keep starting dorans

80 hp too good to pass

Jeff-DSA

You gain 2 attack damage, and you lose 80 hp and 3 health per hit. Definitely not a good trade off. As a player that used MF to get to diamond I'll say this: buy more Doran's blades, not less.

Well, if the planned change goes through, Doran's Blade will lose the on hit life passive and go to life steal instead.

Health: 80 --> 70
Attack Damage: 8 --> 7
Removed: Life on Hit Passive
(NEW) Life Steal: 0% --> 3%

If that goes through, I'd have to give it all more thought, though you're probably right, it's most likely going to be the way to still start.

Newt

:)
0xXTJFS.png

brian!

it's looking like most ads will want to go straight for ie after the patch since it does more dmg
like return of lifesteal quantz after the dorans change might happen too, fuggedabout getting a vamp scepter

Top junglers are Shyvana, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Evelynn, perhaps Elise, maybe Kha (he was god tier but haven't tried him since the nerfs)
Jungle Trundle is also really good on Twisted Treeline. He's well-versed against most of the champions you listed (only Elise and Eve out of those can be elusive) and he has the benefit of on-demand vision thanks to his Pillar, what with wards being disabled. It also helps that the map layout is quite narrow, so you can get the most out of a Pillar with relative ease.

That said, I also don't like the recent jungle changes. They're pointless because they only serve to hurt the flow of the map, and it's not as if junglers were stifling Twisted Treeline either. The benefits the map gained from 'em are virtually non-existent and with a little luck it'd only take half a year until Riot agrees that the tweaks were indeed shit.

Jungle Trundle is also really good on Twisted Treeline. He's well-versed against most of the champions you listed (only Elise and Eve out of those can be elusive) and he has the benefit of on-demand vision thanks to his Pillar, what with wards being disabled. It also helps that the map layout is quite narrow, so you can get the most out of a Pillar with relative ease.

That said, I also don't like the recent jungle changes. They're pointless because they only serve to hurt the flow of the map, and it's not as if junglers were stifling Twisted Treeline either. The benefits the map gained from 'em are virtually non-existent and with a little luck it'd only take half a year until Riot agrees that the tweaks were indeed shit.

that's not true. Junglers were insane on Treeline. They are the carries. However the changes they made were not the right ones and only served to fuck with the timings and the flow of the map. If anything they made junglers more mandatory, but fucked them in the ass while they were at it.

The real game warpers for junglers were Hydra (which is way too good of an item on practically every Treeline jungler and top laner) and the massive gold given by the new Spirit items. Instead of toning those down, they changed relic spawn time making level 2 ganks way worse and reduced the pool of capable junglers while making jungling necessary and smite necessary by increasing jungle monster health.

the timings are so off now between full clear, ganking and altar+relic spawn, AS WELL AS NOT HITTING 3 OFF A FULL CLEAR STILL.

I'm not going to go too much more into it because it's almost 2 AM, but they fucked up the jungle super hard by trying to fix a problem that was much easier to fix. they ruined the spirit of the map with the jungle changes and it fucking sucks.

Ferga

I remember a few years ago, I was about to make it into gold elo. Just needed one game.

Nome was on the other team and wrecked us single handedly with talon.

Was so sad :(

zkylon

zkylewd
ibfU8UntEmt4I5.png

nami hype train continues...

played like ass for the first 20 minutes but luckily both teams threw enough times that i got 40 more minutes to make up for it

try to find the worst build!

brian!

the only reason you wouldn't start dorans is if you couldn't buy a pot with it
but we have amsterdam servers now...............

http://i.minus.com/ibfU8UntEmt4I5.png[/IG]

played like ass for the first 20 minutes but luckily both teams threw enough times that i got 40 more minutes to make up for it

try to find the worst build![/QUOTE]

nami has to be one of the top 5 supports in the game. kit has everything you need. low cd disable, heal, damage+slow buff, long, aoe cc-breaking ult. In my 4 games with her over the last week I've gone in total:

[B][URL="http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Heavenly+Hammer"]15 - 13 - 107[/URL][/B]

Not too many other supports that can put up those kinds that without breaking a sweat.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Revisting Sona since apparently she is very strong in this meta. Undefeated in ranked so far while duo with Newt. I feel like Sona is an easier version of Nami. There is really only 1 spell you need to land in order to turn around a teamfight and it's much reliable then trying to land a good bubble in the middle a hectic teamfight.

Not to say Sona is faceroll easy right now though. You're much more liable to get caught out since you don't have bubbles and tidal wave for easier escapes. But I feel in higher ELOs where people aren't stupid and know how to properly position your bubbles become a lot less effective.

msoHrnJ.png

try to find the worst build!

Banshee's should always be your first defensive item after your core build. Spirit visage doesn't offer you much if you get caught out by binding or fish.

Nome

one thing I sort of had an issue with was the tower shots.

They didn't look as... visible(?) as the ones on live. They looked a lot smaller/thinner. Any chance you could make them slightly bigger?

Yeah, I didn't have a server to play on for 24 hours yesterday.
Won't make it for PBE, but we want the turret particles to scale up with consecutive shots to indicate their increasing damage.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
A color change could also work for tower shots.

Green - 100% damage
Yellow - 150% damage
Red - 200 % damage

zkylon

zkylewd
nami has to be one of the top 5 supports in the game. kit has everything you need. low cd disable, heal, damage+slow buff, long, aoe cc-breaking ult. In my 4 games with her over the last week I've gone in total:

15 - 13 - 107

Not too many other supports that can put up those kinds that without breaking a sweat.
right now nami would be the best support if morgana wasn't so completely broken. morgana is like the nidalee of supports, zero risk a million reward.

i dunno about braum, i haven't seen one in a long time for some reason, but i definitely go for nami even when thresh's open now.

Revisting Sona since apparently she is very strong in this meta. Undefeated in ranked so far while duo with Newt. I feel like Sona is an easier version of Nami. There is really only 1 spell you need to land in order to turn around a teamfight and it's much reliable then trying to land a good bubble in the middle a hectic teamfight.

Not to say Sona is faceroll easy right now though. You're much more liable to get caught out since you don't have bubbles and tidal wave for easier escapes. But I feel in higher ELOs where people aren't stupid and know how to properly position your bubbles become a lot less effective.
i need to play some more soni but i'm really frustrated by now with how riot's been treating her so i don't find her all that fun anymore

i remain hopeful for her rework

Banshee's should always be your first defensive item after your core build. Spirit visage doesn't offer you much if you get caught out by binding or fish.
yea i usually go for banshees but i kept trolling people with my heal all game long and simply needed the extra cdr so felt like the better choice

Kenai

I feel like the fact that you *could* catch someone in a Nami bubble (or if you land 1 good one early on) can set set the tone of the lane, makes a lot of people scared and back off so your carry has an easier time farming. Sona also has much less she can do if she gets hit by a stray hook/grab/snare early on (which is gong to happen from time to time no matter how good you are). I still like her, but if I wasn't duoing I probably wouldn't pick her on a whim.

Pancakes

I feel like the fact that you *could* catch someone in a Nami bubble (or if you land 1 good one early on) can set set the tone of the lane, makes a lot of people scared and back off so your carry has an easier time farming. Sona also has much less she can do if she gets hit by a stray hook/grab/snare early on (which is gong to happen from time to time no matter how good you are). I still like her, but if I wasn't duoing I probably wouldn't pick her on a whim.

Sure, the lane pressure bubble creates is nice and all. But if you miss (and you will miss some) you lose all pressure and can get get jumped on. While yes getting hooked or snared usually spells death for both Sona or Nami, Sona is all about surviving the lane.

And if Sona comes out of lane with few or no deaths she is in a very strong position to win engages.

I'll agree that without duo and coordinated trading, Sona is not as good as Nami. But for duo's, she's one of the best.

SZGF

Banned
Rito finally decided I was worthy of their flash.

Is there anyway to make it so I have to click instead of their goofy smart casting nonsense?

Why aren't you smart enough?

A color change could also work for tower shots.

Green - 100% damage
Yellow - 150% damage
Red - 200 % damage

But it wont be pretty anymore. Decent idea though. I also find the ranged minion AA a little small.

Will minions change appearance when an inhib is down (communicating increased strength)?

Yeah, they revert to the pre VU models.

Blizzard

Banned

Is there anyway to make it so I have to click instead of their goofy smart casting nonsense?
I respectfully recommend keeping flash on autocast for 10-20 games to see if you change your mind, since the point of flash is an instant activation, and waiting for a key-up or mouse-click is going to hurt your execution time.

That said, I -think- it should just be a matter of going into key bindings ingame (hitting escape may do it) and changing if summoner spells are smart-cast or not.

zkylon

zkylewd
Sure, the lane pressure bubble creates is nice and all. But if you miss (and you will miss some) you lose all pressure and can get get jumped on. While yes getting hooked or snared usually spells death for both Sona or Nami, Sona is all about surviving the lane.

And if Sona comes out of lane with few or no deaths she is in a very strong position to win engages.

I'll agree that without duo and coordinated trading, Sona is not as good as Nami. But for duo's, she's one of the best.
sona level 6 is also pretty epic

people seem to have forgotten but try like sona graves or sona ezreal and combo your ults together and ezpz

still, ritorework her plss

Is there any way to make it so I have to click instead of their goofy smart casting nonsense?
quickcasting you mean

unless you're calling doto spells dumbcasts

Pancakes

sona level 6 is also pretty epic

people seem to have forgotten but try like sona graves or sona ezreal and combo your ults together and ezpz

still, ritorework her plss

Graves and Ezreal are very weak AD carries that lose pretty hard to the top dogs like Lucian, MF, and Twitch.

zkylon

zkylewd
Graves and Ezreal are very weak AD carries that lose pretty hard to the top dogs like Lucian, MF, and Twitch.

very weak is an overstatement

graves is alright

ez is on the weak side but he can still be alright

and that's beside the point anyways

both of them have strong level 6 combos with soni, which is what i was saying :/

Leezard

Is there any way to make it so I have to click instead of their goofy smart casting nonsense?

You're going to want to keep smartcasting on if you want to be able to keep up with the pace and use it as a quick reaction. That said, I don't know if you can turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom