• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's set a time to doto tonight

remember I'm at least 5 hours ahead of you guys but i'll prolly stay up til 4AM anyway so really it doesn't matter

pick a time folks. I'm available all evening

Edwardo

let's set a time to doto tonight

remember I'm at least 5 hours ahead of you guys but i'll prolly stay up til 4AM anyway so really it doesn't matter

pick a time folks. I'm available all evening

I'll be around for a few hours at 6 est. So ya i'm down anytime around then. I added a bunch of you on steam last night.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
early morning ranked
first game: riven mid. enemy solo laners are pantheon and zed. she gets panth, dies immediately in lane and afks after i refuse to lane swap.

second game: 9-0-8 lulu game to pad stats. 14-2 record on her still.

riven players doe.

Edwardo

EU LCS Summer Split - Week 4 - Day 2

t1402675200z1.png

Roccat vs Supa Hot Crew
Gambit Gaming vs Millennium
Fnatic vs Alliance
Copenhagen Wolves vs SK Gaming

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
early morning ranked
first game: riven mid. enemy solo laners are pantheon and zed. she gets panth, dies immediately in lane and afks after i refuse to lane swap.

riven players doe.

Riven players >_>

Ocho

Nah, a fiddle should easily win against a Yi. Maybe not in 1v1 duels, but you gotta remember: Fiddle is one the highest winrate junglers in diamond, and Yi is basically just a cheese champion that works against not so great players. Yi can't do anything if a Fiddle ults and Zhonya's into his team.

So true. If I see a fiddle on the other team, I dodgerino.

Regarding the game I could never get into (even after reboot, modem reboot, repair client), the game disappeared after 20 mins. Guess servers were acting up. Or maybe an instant drophack before we even loaded the game?

Last night I had a chance to play one game, first pick was jungle twitch. To dodge or not to dodge? Since I had no time for another game, I decided to play it out. Damn, Twitch jungle is legit. Won't even go into details of a particular gank he did in bot lane where they wasted all summoners and we still got a kill. He even baron stole and proceeded to 1v3. He died, but he got 1 and we were able to clean up afterwards.

I think Twitch jungle worked out cuz we had Shen and Swain (tank+), plus Vayne and Morgana. Nice peel, cc, crowd control for Vayne and Twitch to do full damage. Plus, this Vayne was in the 20% of Doublelift imitators.

I'm starting to worry Riot will ship the ADC itemization changes without touching Twitch and Lucian.

Because Twitch won't be silly with more damage on BoTRK and more attack speed.

dimb

I'm starting to worry Riot will ship the ADC itemization changes without touching Twitch and Lucian.

Because Twitch won't be silly with more damage on BoTRK and more attack speed.
Eh. Twitch is pretty rad, takes skill to play well, and has counter-measures. I think he's the healthiest ADC to be on top.

Tizoc

So I just won a match where our Mid Soraka started slow feeding, but by mid and end game was wrecking the opposition, getting the highest kill count @ 16 lol.

Wait tell me more about Top Twitch please

They already nerfed Twitch on PBE.

time to stealth when not being attacked went up from 1.25 to 1.5 seconds

time to stealth when being attacked went from 3 to 6 seconds

base AD lowered to 46 from 49

I haven't tried him in S4. I'm guessing with spellthief his damage output must be really good in lane.

I mean 2v2s from the jungle in ganks and counterganks.

Tizoc

Wut, tell me this is a joke, he BARELY has any attack power until he has his 4 main items and upping the time to stealth while being attacked to 6 Seconds is fucking stupid and makes no sense.

there's no guarantee the changes will ship but those are the ones currently on PBE.

but he has a lot of damage, so saying he has no damage until 4 items isn't really true.

I love Twitch, I'll be sad if he gets nerfed, but I've resigned myself to most of my favourite champions being nerfed when they become meta strong again.

Oh, I missed these. The stealth delay will help a fuckton.
Wut, tell me this is a joke, he BARELY has any attack power until he has his 4 main items and upping the time to stealth while being attacked to 6 Seconds is fucking stupid and makes no sense.
He's the best ADC in the game alongside Lucian and doubles as a lane bully with his E. The stealth change means he gets to keep pretty much all of his damage intact at the cost of being far more vulnerable.

And if you think Twitch does no damage before 4 items you should really, really start being more aggressive with him.

Jeff-DSA

And if you think Twitch does no damage before 4 items you should really, really start being more aggressive with him.

I will always murder a passive Twitch, but an aggressive Twitch is quite a challenge.

I won one of those matches last night where the entire team was way behind early. We were down like 11 deaths to 3, mostly because I mid took Jinx, claiming that it was viable and awesome, and they just fed real hard. The team was starting to whine hard, but me and our jungler just kept trying to keep things positive. We couldn't stop mid from dying, so we just had the jungler camp top and get that lane really fed. On bot, our Thresh died a lot, but their Lucian was bad at farming, so I stayed ahead until I hit my big power spike.

With a super fed top, me being ahead of their ADC, and our jungler ahead, our team fights decided the game and we were able to grab a turret or two after every engagement. Felt really good to walk in after an ace and win that game.

Their ADC raged hard in post-game chat. He was 8-1-0 at one point, so I get that he was irked, but nobody on their team never adjusted well to our strategy change, himself included.

Jeff-DSA

Well say goodbye to Twitch and hello to Draven!

Twitch will still have his place as a bit of an ambush engager. It was always kind of BS how he could just take a couple of steps out of vision range or duck into a bush for a moment and then, bam!, he's up in your business. I buy pink wards every time back when I play against him, but most people don't and it's frustrating how he piles up kills so easily while still being a bully when he's visible.

Remember when jungle Twitch was kind of a thing? That was annoying too.

Blizzard

Banned
early morning ranked

riven players doe.
Is Lulu mid still viable?

Also, I think it's kind of funny that the giant League splash background is CAN FNATIC GET HIS GROOVE BACK or whatnot. It must be a weird feeling to be a random person playing League and have the official client questioning your skills.

dimb

I stopped playing Lulu top because of fundamental item changes and attack speed nerfs that killed the build I used to play. The new common solo lane Lulu that operates on a Grail -> Big Hat/Heavy AP was able to survive the nerfs pretty easily, although her harass in lane isn't as deadly. Lulu's transition into mid game is maybe unmatched.

Blizzard

Banned
I stopped playing Lulu top because of fundamental item changes and attack speed nerfs that killed the build I used to play. The new common solo lane Lulu that operates on a Grail -> Big Hat/Heavy AP was able to survive the nerfs pretty easily, although her harass in lane isn't as deadly. Lulu's transition into mid game is maybe unmatched.
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing athene's + morello's for max CDR is pretty important.

dimb

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing athene's + morello's for max CDR is pretty important.
Eh. It's easy to hit max CDR. Death Cap is usually more important to me than Morellonomicon unless I know I'll need to deal with lifesteal.

AcridMeat

Banned
Is that seriously a spoiler? Something that happens in champ select? -_- Figured it would get people watching if they weren't but had interest in that fact. I didn't even say who.

dimb

Is that seriously a spoiler? Something that happens in champ select? -_- Figured it would get people watching if they weren't but had interest in that fact. I didn't even say who.
You saying it was the only reason I turned on the horror that is EU LCS. Now I'm seeing a game stalling out and the announcers are saying "no risks". What have you subjected me to?

I'm pretty much down to dota whenever

edit: I have zero interest in EULCS because I have no investment in any of the players or anything. I only really tune in if there's a non-meta pick or something, like Froggen picking Anivia.

The EU meta is pretty stagnant, annoyingly so. There's nothing really coming up from the challenger scene so the same teams are there.

I think the EU meta is probably the biggest victim of the lack of international tournaments. There's nothing to encourage them to shake things up because they're rarely playing against other metas.

I'm hoping Alliance keeps it up and takes this split, because I feel like they're the team that's at least sort of willing to adapt/has the best chance of adapting.

AcridMeat

Banned
Braum being open is going to break this team select. Anyone who first picks braum is going to force the other team to take Lucian. It's an OP combo with the passive synergy.

Blizzard

Banned
Braum mustache you a question.

*edit* I played with a fake Panda. His name was "| Panda |". I guess the GAF Panda has half-height lines somehow. I'm not sure of the exact character.

rakhir

I watched the new summoners rift livestream video and I totally agree: the brightness on the lanes is perfect. It looks so much better when there is just a match going on, when champions fight each other, but I still think jungle is too dark.
The south quarter is my preffered look for it, the blue buff sides are muted and kinda drab. Still, i'd preffer this map to the live Rift.

Blizzard

Banned
I watched the new summoners rift livestream video and I totally agree: the brightness on the lanes is perfect. It looks so much better when there is just a match going on, when champions fight each other, but I still think jungle is too dark.
The south quarter is my preffered look for it, the blue buff sides are muted and kinda drab. Still, i'd preffer this map to the live Rift.
I want more trees! Fight deforestation! I'm like a modern-day League Lorax.

The best part about new SR is def top lane. It used to feel so dark up there but now it's got that beautiful vista.

I didn't like how dark the jungle was though. Seemed depressing.

garath

The best part about new SR is def top lane. It used to feel so dark up there but now it's got that beautiful vista.

I didn't like how dark the jungle was though. Seemed depressing.

It's riot's subtle way of nerfing junglers. Make them depressed so they don't want to play jungle anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom