• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNiallC

Godammit, got so mad playing vs a Caitlyn Morgana lane. We were Twitch/Karma, and after a couple well done ganks by Gragas, it felt like being hit by the dark binding was certain death. Caitlyn could get 3-4 autos and a Q off when stunned, along with the Morgana poke then Ace in the Hole. Really annoying, how do I lane against them?

zkylon

zkylewd
i dreamed last night of patch that had a voodoo skin for sona and showed a new support that had a spell that charged like kassadin e and gained stacks depending on the type of damage of the spells cast around her. she could cast the spell to cash in the stacks and add scaling to her next spell or cast it on a teammate for the same effect

prolly not so good but dreamed about that :p

wow wth

Godammit, got so mad playing vs a Caitlyn Morgana lane. We were Twitch/Karma, and after a couple well done ganks by Gragas, it felt like being hit by the dark binding was certain death. Caitlyn could get 3-4 autos and a Q off when stunned, along with the Morgana poke then Ace in the Hole. Really annoying, how do I lane against them?
it's a very hard lane, morgana is one of the stupidest champions in the game right now

try to keep brush control with wards and stay behind minions to block morg q i guess.

DeadNames

Banned

I don't play bot lane much, but all I can say is dodge the bindings.

xNiallC

i should watch Youtubes on Ashe so i can use him way better than now :|

Practice farming creeps, and always watch out where your enemies are; try and stay away from areas where your enemies can engage, as Ashe has no escape abilities and needs to be positioned well to deal good damage. Honestly I'd recommend trying an ADC with an escape to start, Caitlyn is a very safe laner with good damage and escape.

Brutalx2

Practice farming creeps, and always watch out where your enemies are; try and stay away from areas where your enemies can engage, as Ashe has no escape abilities and needs to be positioned well to deal good damage. Honestly I'd recommend trying an ADC with an escape to start, Caitlyn is a very safe laner with good damage and escape.

caitlyn cost 4800 i only got 1200 lol

zkylon

zkylewd
tumblr_mxl4jzF19l1s0pdpgo1_1280.png
she's the best

garath

Welp. Baby coming in a few short weeks but with the wife already no longer working my League time is almost nothing. Just can't commit to the 45min straight games anymore.

I'm about 10 days from decay. I may try to squeeze another ranked in just to avoid the decay for another 30 days but then I'm done after that. Anyone know if each decay is 30 days or does it decay faster after the initial drop? I'm gold III right now so I'm guessing I'll hit Gold IV after 30 then Gold V after another 30? Hopefully the rewards hit before then else I'll lose my gold rewards :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Welp. Baby coming in a few short weeks but with the wife already no longer working my League time is almost nothing. Just can't commit to the 45min straight games anymore.

I'm about 10 days from decay. I may try to squeeze another ranked in just to avoid the decay for another 30 days but then I'm done after that. Anyone know if each decay is 30 days or does it decay faster after the initial drop? I'm gold III right now so I'm guessing I'll hit Gold IV after 30 then Gold V after another 30? Hopefully the rewards hit before then else I'll lose my gold rewards :(
rewards are given based on your best ranking so even if you end up in bronze 5 you'll get the skin and cool border and shit

babies!

I'll work my way to mod and perma ban every waifu mention.
i'll work my way up to princess of the internets and put ori pictures everywhere

nowhere will be safe

garath

rewards are given based on your best ranking so even if you end up in bronze 5 you'll get the skin and cool border and shit

babies!

true true. But last season it was best ranking as of announcement of the rewards, not whole season. I guess as long as they announce it in the next 60 days I'm good.

AcridMeat

Banned
true true. But last season it was best ranking as of announcement of the rewards, not whole season. I guess as long as they announce it in the next 60 days I'm good.
I read up on it and Zkylon is incorrect. It's your ranking at the end of the season and you'll lose rewards if you decay out of a tier during.

Unfortunately it's only June and the season ends in like October or November. Maybe you'll get lucky and can play a game within 27 days. Congrats on the kiddo though!

Edwardo

Do you trust anyone enough that you could have someone log in once in a while to play a ranked game for you?

Einbroch

Banned

You could always just login and AFK a game every month. I mean, yeah, it's kinda low, but oh well.

Congrats brosef on the baby.

garath

I read up on it and Zkylon is incorrect. It's your ranking at the end of the season and you'll lose rewards if you decay out of a tier during.

Unfortunately it's only June and the season ends in like October or November. Maybe you'll get lucky and can play a game within 27 days. Congrats on the kiddo though!

Welp. Looks like I'm largely screwed. lol. Lose 25 points every 7 days means a tier every 28 days. 2 months and I'm back to silver. Oh well. That's life. :)

Do you trust anyone enough that you could have someone log in once in a while to play a ranked game for you?

Perhaps.. Anyone on GAF particularly trustworthy? :p

You could always just login and AFK a game every month. I mean, yeah, it's kinda low, but oh well.

Congrats brosef on the baby.

I've debated that, but that's not fair to the other 4 guys that get stuck with me. It's better to lose my rewards than ruin games for other people. Maybe I can find some time somehow. I'll probably lose that game cause you know.. out of practice and my main is jungle.. So that could ruin the game for others as well :p

drawkcaB

Welp. Looks like I'm largely screwed. lol. Lose 25 points every 7 days means a tier every 28 days. 2 months and I'm back to silver. Oh well. That's life. :)

Perhaps.. Anyone on GAF particularly trustworthy? :p

I've debated that, but that's not fair to the other 4 guys that get stuck with me. It's better to lose my rewards than ruin games for other people. Maybe I can find some time somehow. I'll probably lose that game cause you know.. out of practice and my main is jungle.. So that could ruin the game for others as well :p

As someone who went through his second child around this time last year - you'll have 45 minutes to spare often enough to keep your rank. Hell, my first was younger that yours and I still managed to squeak in games.

brian!

i cant see how graves or ez would be worse than mf or twitch in laning
all 4 do well with sona at 6
ez and graves have more frontloaded dmg tho

lets not forget twitch's laning is only considered good in the sense that his late game is outrageousgs

Closer lol

That video could not have ended any more perfectly

i seen it

Anyone wanna catch me up in league news/esports that has happened in the past several days?

Thorin called regi a monkey a lot, regi banned TSM from assosciating with ongamers, ongamers issued an apology and promised to stop making toxic content.

^^ #teammaknoon

Also is anyone here bad enough at DOTA2 that they would be willing to hop in a 5 stack and play sometime just to mess around?

Mothman91

Thorin called regi a monkey a lot, regi banned TSM from assosciating with ongamers, ongamers issued an apology and promised to stop making toxic content.

^^ #teammaknoon

Also is anyone here bad enough at DOTA2 that they would be willing to hop in a 5 stack and play sometime just to mess around?

- Helios looks to be joining EG as a potential replacement for Snoopeh.
- Locodoco joins TSM as coach.
- CW can't lodge paperwork for their substitutes properly.
Woah, Maknoon as coach? That's cool.

Jeff-DSA

I'm a little late here, but one thing to remember is that hooks and bindings don't pass through minions. Keep a minion between you and Morgana and she either can't fire or she'll waste a lot of mana trying to thread her shots between groups of minions.

It can also help to get a sweeper lens and ward up the bushes and keep vision control. If they can't hide their support in the bush, it will dramatically lower their ability to position against you and it will allow your support to get an upper hand in that regard.

Nekofrog

Banned
Decided to do ranked with a bronze 2 friend last night to see if I can get him out of it with Master Yi jungle.

Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've been in bronze that I totally forgot that Yi is permabanned there. Went to the fallback that got me out of bronze, Sivir. It didn't even hit me how amazing our team comp was until we started teamfighting:

Sivir
J4 jungle
Ziggs
Leona
and Swain

The enemy team had no idea how to counter the wombo. Every fight they would funnel in close to each other as 5, and every time it would be a Sivir ult into a 5 man solar flare/5 man jarvan ult/5 man ziggs ult. Sivir bby missed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom