• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have to play support on bottom because this guy immediately barged in and picked Vayne after I called ADC.

I am a horrible support. This will be fun.

This game was a massive pain in my ass.

Despite spoonfeeding Lucian to the point where he had a BT before Twitch even had a Cutlass, he absolutely refused to group, saying something about "calling up my girl." Probably the most infuriating moment was after we STOLE A BARON AND ACED THEIR TEAM and he didn't push down and win the game because "I'm low." Reported him for fucking assisting the enemy team.

no matter what happens in the game it's not cool to tell people to go kill themselves.

calm down man.

Ocho

Fun stuff: Your client just crashed before finishing loading a game. Can't reconnect, black screen forever. #ggrito

Reboot and reapir didn't work either.

Newt

I mean theoretically a Yi should be able to poop on a Fiddlesticks. Can Q out of the stupid bird toss, can Q out of the drain (I think? or does the leash still stick?).
Nah, a fiddle should easily win against a Yi. Maybe not in 1v1 duels, but you gotta remember: Fiddle is one the highest winrate junglers in diamond, and Yi is basically just a cheese champion that works against not so great players. Yi can't do anything if a Fiddle ults and Zhonya's into his team.

Nekofrog

Banned
Nah, a fiddle should easily win against a Yi. Maybe not in 1v1 duels, but you gotta remember: Fiddle is one the highest winrate junglers in diamond, and Yi is basically just a cheese champion that works against not so great players. Yi can't do anything if a Fiddle ults and Zhonya's into his team.

I was only speaking to 1v1 duels.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea like, i had a lucian that did the exact same thing the other day and i was thinking and saying nasty things about him out loud and that can be sort of cathartic but when you actually tell them you might actually hurt these people who maybe are just bad at the game or had a bad day or are simply douchebags but really no one should kill themselves over the game and it's just not a nice thing to say

i like your wallpaper tho

zkylon

zkylewd
WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE ATHENES NERF RUNS ALL OVER YOU

just play lux

iRVNcaW4xos9s.png

who needs ignite when you buy deathcap first

I went against Jayce in one game and against Kassadin in the other.

Against Jayce I picked my ap vs ad runes (9 hybrid reds, 2 quints of armor and 1 quint of health, 9 seals of health, 5 ap blues, 4 ap/lvl blues. stats). My usual start of dorans ring + 2 pots. > dfg > sorcerer/zhonyas > void staff.
Against Kassadin dfg > sorcerer.

Although, even if I was 8/0/8 and 3/1/10, I mostly won the games because of my team, good calls.

I would have bought chalice if I had to play against Syndra, or something. I would still get dfg, probably.

It really helped I was banning. No LeBlanc and no morgana, so happy.

zkylon

zkylewd
it just goes to show how bad the community is at telling who's strong and who isn't that morgana isn't permaban at all elos

TheFatOne

I ran into an interesting situation in the last game I played. The other team had no jungler, and I had a pretty rough matchup up top. It was ashe and teemo up top, and garen and nunu on bot. I was playing Darius on top .So it was 1 v 2 top with two ranged. How do I combat that? I tried playing defensive and by my turret, and I tried to ping the jungler on my team but he never came over. In general though how would I play 2 v 1 as melee vs ranged? Is it possible or am I just screwed?

Nekofrog

Banned
I ran into an interesting situation in the last game I played. The other team had no jungler, and I had a pretty rough matchup up top. It was ashe and teemo up top, and garen and nunu on bot. I was playing Darius on top .So it was 1 v 2 top with two ranged. How do I combat that? I tried playing defensive and by my turret, and I tried to ping the jungler on my team but he never came over. In general though how would I play 2 v 1 as melee vs ranged? Is it possible or am I just screwed?

You're Darius. Wait for the minions to be pushed to your tower (like you said you did), and last hit there. If they want to shoot you, hook their ass in for free tower shots. Ashe and Teemo will not be able withstand Q's and tower shots for long, combined with your ult.

Ferrio

Banned

Whenever it's a 2v1 lane, you hug tower and last hit. Both you and your jungler will level up faster, and get more gold than them. Long as you play safe during the first 6 levels or so you're golden.

TheFatOne

You're Darius. Wait for the minions to be pushed to your tower (like you said you did), and last hit there. If they want to shoot you, hook their ass in for free tower shots. Ashe and Teemo will not be able withstand Q's and tower shots for long, combined with your ult.
Whenever it's a 2v1 lane, you hug tower and last hit. Both you and your jungler will level up faster, and get more gold than them. Long as you play safe during the first 6 levels or so you're golden.

Yea I messed up early and was too aggressive. Died a couple of times then adjusted, but I gave them a good lead early. I feel more comfortable playing Darius with every game I play. First time I ran into a situation like this,and it was a good learning experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
But it wasn't that way last season either. D:

I was in silver after promos and never played ranked, dropped down in Bronze and had to work back to silver just to get my rewards back.

ok i feel like i'm on truman show or something and they retroactively changed the rules to mess with my head cos i'm fucking certain it was like that in s3

Ferga

A fiddle should be able to win against a yi if they are both even or they both run out with their lives

Yi needs 6 to kill fiddle or fids will just fear and run

But 6 also means fiddle has ult. Yi will get demolished by ult+fear

You need to time the alpha strike to perfectly dodge the bird and the drain together. It's a rougher duel for Yi. The ult+fear will most likely destroy you alone

pigeon

Banned
This game was a massive pain in my ass.

Despite spoonfeeding Lucian to the point where he had a BT before Twitch even had a Cutlass, he absolutely refused to group, saying something about "calling up my girl." Probably the most infuriating moment was after we STOLE A BARON AND ACED THEIR TEAM and he didn't push down and win the game because "I'm low." Reported him for fucking assisting the enemy team.

And hopefully he reported you for verbal abuse.

Ferrio

Banned
ferrio didnt even have it installed

Ya forgot I had uninstalled it when my previous drive was running low on space. Since upgraded to a bigger SSD.... and never reinstalled

I'll fix that tonight. I should be able to play for a brief period tomorrow, and all of the weekend.

Love having newbie dota games.

xNiallC

Damn, Singed in ARAM is great fun. I almost considered dodging when I got him until my friend talked me out of it, but when I got into game it was hilarious. Flippin' people 24/7, watching as they chase me through poison, even so that I got a quadra kill. The tanks aren't always so bad after all!

Tanks are great in ARAM if they survive. If the enemy team has too much poke/sustain and even just one frontliner, you're not gonna survive long enough to get items.

Nekofrog

Banned
I know it's been addressed but... those tower shots really need some work.

I also have to say, I'm not really digging it in actual gameplay. It feels so barren and dull.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Have to agree with you guys. It looks nice, but for some reason feels a bit...barren? Can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems a bit lacking in atmosphere. I'm even having a look at old and new next to each other and I still could not tell you why I feel things are a bit off.

Dare I say it, it looks a bit too much like DOTA?

EDIT - To clarify that, that doesn't mean DOTA is a bad looking game, just that I think LoL should have a style of its own.

Does building an armor item as a final item for twitch even work? I did that once and he STILL feels squishy.

There might be a situation where a randuins omen is viable but not usually. Banshees can save your life because of the spell shield. Plus, any ap assassins on the other team do magic damage, not to mention a lot of tanky champions like Shyvana mostly deal magic damage. Generally being able to absorb an ability is better. If they have someone like Zed who is killing you, a Quicksilver Sash (into Mercury Scimitar) is better since you can use it to prevent his death mark. Guardian Angel is generally a nice item to have but it depends how the teamfights are going and who you're playing as. If you're a fed and mobile adc like Ezreal or Corki or Lucian it can be nice, but if you're relatively immobile (Jinx, Ashe) chances are it won't save you, if you get caught they will just jump you when you pop back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom