• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I don't often say "matchmaking pls" but...
43cb9c72b54402895fd3783498201b45.png

8cecc091c1c9222008f73e741020de9c.png
These games are at least not too stompy, so it's still a bit fun to stomp.

Jeff-DSA

XboZz0o.jpg

what do you guys think ?

Depends on the champ.

One thing to do is to go to a site like Mobafire and see how the most popular builds are handling their masteries and runes and sort of emulate that best you can with the number of points you have available to you. Not bad when you're just starting.

But really, you want to tailor your masteries to match how you play. Early on it's hard to know what's worth taking, so I'd use guides to match to the champs/roles you're using.

Edit: I thought that it was fine to grab tier 1 runes and use them until tier 3 is available to you. Tier 2 is trash though.

Jeff-DSA

Don't use Mobafire. lolbuilder.net and probuilds.net are better sites for getting mastery and rune information on champions.

Only reason I mention Mobafire is that it's generally geared more to the lower elo meta...probably not by design, just by the type of audience that uses it most.

garath

How about runes ?

Tier 1 runes are great and will make a difference for little IP cost. Don't buy T2 runes. Start saving IP around level 10 and keep saving until 20 when you can buy T3 runes.

For the Tier 1 runes, just buy defensive stuff.

- armor seals
- Magic resist blues
- attack damage marks would be good for almost any champ
- quints whatever you like. Defensive or AD most bang for your buck early levels though.

Moodmon

Neo Member
I know Jeff is also in the bronze dumpsters. Don't normally play ranked, but had day off today so decided, at about 85 points, to finally have a crack and get into silver from bronze 1. How bad could it go?

VBIxxSK.jpg

ibaRqjwAIya7v1.gif

Got, I don't even know where to start. There is at least 3 bad games from me in there, but sometimes you just cannot carry from bot lane. As in, your ADC does tremendous, you beast lane, and then a Trynd doesn't even build any crit chance.

I did worst thing I could do, said I would keep playing till I won. Hence the massive losing streak rather than calling it a day. NNRRGGHHHH. At least the won game means I am in promos for bronze 1 again. I'm sure it will be a joyous series of games...[cries]

zkylon

zkylewd
I know Jeff is also in the bronze dumpsters. Don't normally play ranked, but had day off today so decided, at about 85 points, to finally have a crack and get into silver from bronze 1. How bad could it go?

VBIxxSK.jpg

ibaRqjwAIya7v1.gif

Got, I don't even know where to start. There is at least 3 bad games from me in there, but sometimes you just cannot carry from bot lane. As in, your ADC does tremendous, you beast lane, and then a Trynd doesn't even build any crit chance.

I did worst thing I could do, said I would keep playing till I won. Hence the massive losing streak rather than calling it a day. NNRRGGHHHH. At least the won game means I am in promos for bronze 1 again. I'm sure it will be a joyous series of games...[cries]
oh man that's sad as fuck

Just buy summoner icons 😎

I don't get why the fuck anyone would buy a summoner icon. For the life of me, I've never gotten it. I've been using the same pyramid since 2011 when I first made my account and I've seen no compelling reason to switch. You see them for all of what? about a minute while the match loads? idk.

garath

I don't get why the fuck anyone would buy a summoner icon. For the life of me, I've never gotten it. I've been using the same pyramid since 2011 when I first made my account and I've seen no compelling reason to switch. You see them for all of what? about a minute while the match loads? idk.

It shows my love for dignitas.

Leezard

It's an ok IP sink when I have everything else that is worth buying.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yer not buying very many wards.

drawkcaB

Only reason I mention Mobafire is that it's generally geared more to the lower elo meta...probably not by design, just by the type of audience that uses it most.

When you're talking about runes, masteries, and items, what holds true in high MMR applies just as well in low MMR. Take Yi for instance. Several people mentioned a few pages back that he's near perma-banned in Bronze - but whether you're playing him in Diamond or Bronze the optimum masteries and runes at any particular point in time don't change.

Mobafire isn't as bad as it used to be, but all the information there is just stuff that filters down over time from the higher ranks. May as well go to lolbuilder.net - a site that only gives diamond+ info - and get ahead of the mob.

I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge tonight and practice my top (Kennen, Jayce) and mid (Ori, Lissandra, Ziggs) picks. Hopefully the TeamBuilder gods are kind. Anyone here with lots of Fizz experience? I want to add an Assassin to my mid pool at some point and was thinking of practicing him now, but I have zero experience with melee mids and the few times I've been on the bad end of the ranged-melee match-up I got beat up.

zkylon

zkylewd
weirdly enough i think my winrate has increased ever since i consciously stopped buy so many fucking wards

i used to buy like 12 every game

now i can spend that money on more blasting wands

Moodmon

Neo Member
Yer not buying very many wards.

Almost certainly, absolutely right. Weird it does not count sightstones, and my vision wards just lasted all game in most cases. Hilariously I got a ward as Lulu, when Eve was the jungle. Rather than the pink I should have got >_<

The jungle game was a disaster. TF loses 1v1 pre six to Kass, with no jungler assistance either way. Try and go to clean up, then their jungler turns up and dead. My bad. TF of course bitches that I lost him the game (yes, already) and carries on moaning for rest of match. Oh I was awful, but he lost another 1v1 pre six afterwards.

Despite it being terrible idea, I kind of just want to get the promo over with tonight. I am staggered at the number of games the people at this level have. I have seen average of about 300 wins, and some over 1000 wins. How are you still in bronze/low silver?

Apologies if I have just shit on someone's breakfast.

Almost certainly, absolutely right. Weird it does not count sightstones, and my vision wards just lasted all game in most cases. Hilariously I got a ward as Lulu, when Eve was the jungle. Rather than the pink I should have got >_<
You can ward out Eve with green wards. Just ward out her jungle camps. Every jungler eventually has to farm and you can use that information from greens to see where she's going and when she's going to be there.

drawkcaB

Why play this god forsaken game

I ask myself that every goddam time I press the Play button.

Moodmon said:
Hilariously I got a ward as Lulu, when Eve was the jungle. Rather than the pink I should have got >_<

Decent tip for playing against Eve when mid: if you can place a stealth ward with sight of the enemy side Wraiths. She'll reveal herself when clearing the camp. That provides a tremendous amount of value for your entire team and can often times be more cost effective than a pink ward Eve will likely find and destroy.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Anyone here with lots of Fizz experience? I want to add an Assassin to my mid pool at some point and was thinking of practicing him now, but I have zero experience with melee mids and the few times I've been on the bad end of the ranged-melee match-up I got beat up.

I main Fizz mid at mid gold level. He's super fun but you're gonna have a bad time during your first levels if you get matched against a safe burst mage like lebonk. That being said, once you get level 2/3 you can bedazzle almost any skillshot-based matchup with your mobility and trollpoling.

If you manage to get level 2 before the other guy half the time you can just get in their faces and force a melee battle they can't ever hope to win, sending him to base by recall or by death. At level 3 with a point on W you can screw their potion usage for maximum troll effect. Generally, if you get an early successful gank you can recall for double dolans and the lane's won. Try to get slapfights happening near minions because of your passive.

E drains your mana heavily at early levels (2-3 consecutive uses max), so you'll have to learn when to use it for the engage, for the slow or to disengage. Gotta know which walls you can jump over too. Mixing in immediate jumps with delayed drops will throw people off and make them miss. Also you're pretty much ungankable with enough mana and your cooldowns ready - Q into something (ie: the enemy jungler) to get you closer to tower and/or hop away.

Fizz has trouble farming minions so farm champions instead until you can simply E an entire wave. I generally build dolans, sheen then straight into a big rod item. Usually hourglass because with a little practice you can time the invincibility to end at the same time as your E cooldown for successful 1v3-dive-delete-and-run plays.

I don't know how he'll fare at higher levels but at silverino/golderino it's shark week all week. Super fun.

I offered you to play a while ago but noooooooooooo. That's what you get.

we'll get you to gold after i'm done with exams

drawkcaB

I main Fizz mid at mid gold level. He's super fun but you're gonna have a bad time during your first levels if you get matched against a safe burst mage like lebonk. That being said, once you get level 2/3 you can bedazzle almost any skillshot-based matchup with your mobility and trollpoling.

If you manage to get level 2 before the other guy half the time you can just get in their faces and force a melee battle they can't ever hope to win, sending him to base by recall or by death. At level 3 with a point on W you can screw their potion usage for maximum troll effect. Generally, if you get an early successful gank you can recall for double dolans and the lane's won. Try to get slapfights happening near minions because of your passive.

E drains your mana heavily at early levels (2-3 consecutive uses max), so you'll have to learn when to use it for the engage, for the slow or to disengage. Gotta know which walls you can jump over too. Mixing in immediate jumps with delayed drops will throw people off and make them miss. Also you're pretty much ungankable with enough mana and your cooldowns ready - Q into something (ie: the enemy jungler) to get you closer to tower and/or hop away.

Fizz has trouble farming minions so farm champions instead until you can simply E an entire wave. I generally build dolans, sheen then straight into a big rod item. Usually hourglass because with a little practice you can time the invincibility to end at the same time as your E cooldown for successful 1v3-dive-delete-and-run plays.

I don't know how he'll fare at higher levels but at silverino/golderino it's shark week all week. Super fun.

So as someone who primarily plays utility or long-ish ranged mids (Ori, Liss, Ziggs, Lulu, Zyra, Karma) do you feel that adding Fizz would be a benefit to my pool? After some thought I don't want to really try other mid assassins - they're either too complex for the amount of time I have to put in (Zed) or I just don't really like playing them (Kat, Akali). My entire experience with Fizz has been in Dominion where I think he's really fun to use but its obviously different than in SR...

...that and I have all Fizz skins except Void Fizz. May as well play a champ whose skins I own.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
So as someone who primarily plays utility or long-ish ranged mids (Ori, Liss, Ziggs, Lulu, Zyra, Karma) do you feel that adding Fizz would be a benefit to my pool? After some thought I don't want to really try other mid assassins - they're either too complex for the amount of time I have to put in (Zed) or I just don't really like playing them (Kat, Akali). My entire experience with Fizz has been in Dominion where I think he's really fun to use but its obviously different than in SR...

...that and I have all Fizz skins except Void Fizz. May as well play a champ whose skins I own.

I don't see why not. He doesn't bring much utility other than deleting targets, free grievous wounds and clutch saves with a sniped shark, but he's tons of fun and at the very worst you'll get a better feel of how to deal with an enemy Fizz by playing him. Plus he counters quite a few annoying midlaners - he will lay down the law HARD on those cancerous Nidalees.

Additionally, he is the hottest champion in the league by far. Tentacles > waifus.
Fact.

zkylon

zkylewd
here's the vod for the sr vu game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pQkmm80so

watching it right now, champions seem to pop a lot more, maybe too much, i dunno

i love red's animations tho. feels like it hits really hard

for all we complain about adobe air, the Dota 2 client is fucking terrible

like it's a fun game but that client sucks. everything about Dota 2's UX is awful
yup, i'm surprised you can't minimize party invites and it just like overlaps your whole screen

i think league's client isn't so bad, people like to complain about it not having like guides and itemsets and whatever but it's not fullscreen, who gives a shit. just alt tab and google it.

worst things about the client is that it doesn't save your last position when switching between "tabs" (like you go from store to your profile and back to store and you're back at the begining) and general lagginess+buginess

they aren't small issues but it's not as bad as people say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom