• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feelings.

I just let my friends down. I had some issues with the ping and I decided to restart my laptop since sometimes that solves the problem. It took me around 4-6 minutes, for some reason it was taking very long to reboot.

I was the only one alive, and they just rushed the nexus.

The first defeat of our ranked team. ):
So sad.

The gold lead (we were purple team), I left at 28:00.
wmtErob.png

Depressing.

Blizzard

Banned
I hope I get credit for a 30-minute ARAM win I managed to sneak in before chat broke again.

There was a Lux on the other team (blue skin Lux so you know she is good) that went 17/0/17 to start the game. In the end we managed to kill her but it was very difficult. Naturally teammates assumed that the game was over since she bought 600 AP and hourglass.

However, we ended up winning. The rest of their team died, and I died to the enemy fountain attacking the lux, who used hourglass...but using hourglass wasted a couple of seconds while my teammates killed the nexus towers and nexus. I mean I should have just stayed alive and won easier, but I felt like I was dying for the cause or something.

Ferrio

Banned
Ferrio...that was literally my best game ever. Never been that fed. wtf was up with your yasuo? Toxic?

Who were you? Oh diana.

I have no fucking clue..... monkey was stupid too.

I was doing good top lane until he decided to sit up here soaking up exp for no reason.

Then he never came back :(

pigeon

Banned
Which is then exacerbated by the jungle item passives synergizing with offensive stats.

Yeah, as SmashGizmo explains, the fundamental issue here is that tanky junglers have two bad choices. They can itemize for jungle clear, making them bad at their job, or they can itemize for tankiness, which means they're bad at jungle clear and fall behind, which makes them bad at their job.

What they really need is an item that lets them improve their clear speed with tank stats. Say, a spirit item that has a Butcher passive that scales with your bonus health. The problem is making such an item that isn't better than Elder Lizard for fighters building health.

Blizzard

Banned
4 ranked losses in a row now over 2 days. I even got lost with like 17 LP and didn't get demoted, but now I'm 0 so the next one is guaranteed demotion I think?

I played Caitlyn. I started doran's for lifesteal, then infinity edge. The team mocked me, told me I shouldn't build IE, told me I should always start lifesteal, etc.

Was I doing it wrong? :S I thought it was supposed to be a decent item for Caitlyn.

My support may have also told me bloodthirster got buffed, though they also started ward trinket (no ward clearing against a support with sweeping lens), no sightstone, rod of ages, and no hourglass (I think they started hourglass components as morgana, then sold them and bought random tank items).

Newt

4 ranked losses in a row now over 2 days. I even got lost with like 17 LP and didn't get demoted, but now I'm 0 so the next one is guaranteed demotion I think?

I played Caitlyn. I started doran's for lifesteal, then infinity edge. The team mocked me, told me I shouldn't build IE, told me I should always start lifesteal, etc.

Was I doing it wrong? :S I thought it was supposed to be a decent item for Caitlyn.

My support may have also told me bloodthirster got buffed, though they also started ward trinket (no ward clearing against a support with sweeping lens), no sightstone, rod of ages, and no hourglass (I think they started hourglass components as morgana, then sold them and bought random tank items).
Played a ranked game with Cait today and rushed IE. It's good. Need two Doran's first though I'd say. On my first back I bought two Doran's and a longsword, but I didn't really build the longsword into anything.

rakhir

Those Bronze bans tho.

R5PG2Z5.png

When I play with my friends we sometimes ban Zilean and two other random champions, Galio, Sion etc. Sometimes we ban champions so that their first letters spell something. It's really funny when the opposite team picks up on that and responds with similiar bans.

zkylon

zkylewd
Played a ranked game with Cait today and rushed IE. It's good. Need two Doran's first though I'd say. On my first back I bought two Doran's and a longsword, but I didn't really build the longsword into anything.

what are you doing for runes?

i feel like lifesteal is nowhere near enough now by going double dorans ie

not really saying it isn't, just the impression i get from the like 5 or 6 adc games i've done on this patch

Newt

what are you doing for runes?

i feel like lifesteal is nowhere near enough now by going double dorans ie

not really saying it isn't, just the impression i get from the like 5 or 6 adc games i've done on this patch
Easy matchup I go attspd Quints with HP yellows.

Hard matchup I go armour Quints with HP yellows.

I always seem to buy an extra longsword early game on my first back, and I sometimes upgrade into a vamp if I feel I need the lifesteal. After using armour Quints, I don't really like lifesteal Quints imo. I can see them being decent though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Easy matchup I go attspd Quints with HP yellows.

Hard matchup I go armour Quints with HP yellows.

I always seem to buy an extra longsword early game on my first back, and I sometimes upgrade into a vamp if I feel I need the lifesteal. After using armour Quints, I don't really like lifesteal Quints imo. I can see them being decent though.
hmm alright

i prolly should've spammed adc last patch, i feel like i underestimated how much the lifesteal nerfs would affect my ability to go ham and like now you need to be a bit of a better adc player to actually be successful at it since i'm like without copious amounts of lifesteal for like half the game

i'm still doing pretty well, i should probably start duoing with my support friend since we're basically winning lane most of the time no matter what we play, which is surprising since i always thought i was awful at adc

guess your average gold player is even worse

Mothman91

You running AS runes also? She feels pretty good with around 11%(I think that's what I'm running) and also with buffed boots, her feel is a lot better.

AcridMeat

Banned
i actually live just north of sacramento (yuba city/marysville)
Ha, yeah right by where we were, somewhere off the 99.
When I play with my friends, we always play blind pick. I don't mind it, but the only problem I have with it is...

I always tend to get a mirror matchup. I even got a mirror matchup when I did Yorick toplane once. Just had one with I did blue Ezreal, same champion on the other side. I also noticed he's not so fun to play against either.
I play blind pick all the time and I actually love mirror match ups. You get to see directly how people play the champ differently, and compare your individual skill level.

Last night I duo'd with a friend and we went Caitlyn/Alistar bottom against another Caitlyn/Alistar. Their Alistar insulted my keeper skin and then we proceeded to dumpster on them because they made me a mad bull. I know my final score was 0/5/25 and my duo was 19/3 or so.

Newt

You running AS runes also? She feels pretty good with around 11%(I think that's what I'm running) and also with buffed boots, her feel is a lot better.
I run 13.5% attpd. Gonna take a long break from playing Draven. Takes too much skill to play, and I'm sick of putting in the extra effort. Micromanaging my axes in high elo teamfights just gives me a headache. These changes really helped Cait, so I think I'm gonna practice her a lot more.

Mothman91

It could, but it takes forever to get there. Any delays, such as a gank or a death will make it all that much slower. It's preferred, but it's also demanding of a near flawless opening.
Takes a little bit longer than a BT rush but worth it now. BT just isn't worth it anymore. Also one death isn't slow you down tremendously, that'll take like a couple of deaths early on and also the enemy getting an early 2-3 kills for that to happen. With the AS buffs also with runes being part of it, she benefits from it a lot.

zkylon

zkylewd
It could, but it takes forever to get there. Any delays, such as a gank or a death will make it all that much slower. It's preferred, but it's also demanding of a near flawless opening.

well not really

it's only 300g more than bt

that's like, two waves worth of minions, ish

It'll be interesting to see what sort of items they buff/introduce. They have to be careful that they don't make the items good for fighters too, which has traditionally been an issue.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Spirit of the Fuck kha'zix Grumpy Gromp

+25 armour
+25 MR
10% cooldown reduction

Unique: Butcher.
deals 25%+1% per bonus 100hp extra damage to monsters.
restores 6%+1% per 50 armour of damage dealt as health
restores 3%+1% per 50 MR of damage dealt as mana

unique: conservation
blah, blah, blah

spirit stone + cloth armour + null magic mantle + 600 gold.

Why would blue Ezreal ever build that item?

Unless that's just an unrelated comment.

Also, that item wouldn't really fix the big issue with tank junglers, aka the time between the start of the game and them actually getting a spirit item.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Also, that item wouldn't really fix the big issue with tank junglers, aka the time between the start of the game and them actually getting a spirit item.
imo, they should be weak at the start of the game.

better to make recovery easier than to make tanks strong enough to duel. tanks should never be winning against an udyr invade without lane help.

The thing with Reaver is that it gives the CDR blue Ez needs. Freezy Mittens alone won't do.

Plus, early AD and early lifesteal now that lifesteal quints are meh is nice.

better to make recovery easier than to make tanks strong enough to duel. tanks should never be winning against an udyr invade without lane help.
It's not really about dueling, but tanks shouldn't be near death and take forever in their first clear.

botrk on hit buff is nice for bluezreal.

he wouldnt build the mana item though. or atleast wouldn't do it if he was going tear.

maybe botrk/triforce ez would build the new item.

I thought Stone Ocean was saying your item build idea would make blue ez cancer and I was like "wtf?"

I could see Blue Ez being ok now.

it's not about duelling, it's about them having a decent first/second/third clear so they can hit the Ancient Golem at a decent speed and not be miles behind everyone on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom