• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
That BT barrier actually saved my ass last night early game. It was a weird game with the bot duos being Ashe (ADC/me) and Garen, versus Nami and an attempt at ADC Jax.

We smashed the shit out of them.

Also, should I go with BotRK in BT's place now? I know building IE instead of BT first is better, so my build order is Greaves-IE-SS-LW-??-BV, but just trying to figure out what replaces BT in that ?? slot.

Jeff-DSA

Lately I've been pulling a lot of Silvers into my ranked games on the other team. Does the matchmaking see any significant difference between Bronze and Silver enough to avoid pairing them (especially in an unbalanced fashion), or are they close enough that they just get lumped?

Like, last night the other team had three Silvers and we had one. It's been really common lately. It doesn't bug me, but it's weird because I'm seeing that a lot now and it wasn't happening much before this.

brian!

r u guys gonna buy these lcs trading cards
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0QPAE3P.png[/IMG]

match making is based on mmr not division/tier
you can have bronze vs diamond

garath

Lately I've been pulling a lot of Silvers into my ranked games on the other team. Does the matchmaking see any significant difference between Bronze and Silver enough to avoid pairing them (especially in an unbalanced fashion), or are they close enough that they just get lumped?

Like, last night the other team had three Silvers and we had one. It's been really common lately. It doesn't bug me, but it's weird because I'm seeing that a lot now and it wasn't happening much before this.

It's MMR based, not tier. The higher you get in bronze, the more Silver you'll see.

Jeff-DSA

match making is based on mmr not division/tier
you can have bronze vs diamond

Ah, cool. That makes more sense. When I was in Silver 3 I had Platinum and Gold opponents all over the dang place. I thought that something was bugged. I guess that also makes sense how that unranked dude ended up in our match along with the Silvers. He must have a decent MMR despite not fully placing yet.

brian!

dood might have been duoing also
in duos, it's assumed that an average of your mmr is taken, and you are matched with a group that is slightly higher than that average, so it's possible for someone who has never played ranked (which gives ~1200 mmr i think) along with a diamond to average out in silver
but yah, this season we had dis preseason which transferred over I think

Tizoc

That BT barrier actually saved my ass last night early game. It was a weird game with the bot duos being Ashe (ADC/me) and Garen, versus Nami and an attempt at ADC Jax.

We smashed the shit out of them.

Also, should I go with BotRK in BT's place now? I know building IE instead of BT first is better, so my build order is Greaves-IE-SS-LW-??-BV, but just trying to figure out what replaces BT in that ?? slot.

I tried to actually make such a build but...man IE costs so much to craft as a 2nd item >_>;
Will work on achieving IE as a 2nd item for my ADCs though.

I tried to actually make such a build but...man IE costs so much to craft as a 2nd item >_>;
Will work on achieving IE as a 2nd item for my ADCs though.

I might play around with it and see what other people come up with for solutions, though. My old pre-patch build happened to work well for me last night.

brian!

wait kiunch lives there too ask kiunch
last season i went 8-2 and was in silver 1, but it was also the first time i had played ranked outside of team 5s

brian!

reddit thread about dodging ranked
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/28k0t9/dodging_ranked_is_a_little_messed_up/

but yeah if i was in california the top 2 things i would want to do would be to drive route 1 and go to the beach, mebbe get some in n out
last time i was around california there was rlly good mexican food, they had horchata in the soft drink dispensers and also at 7/11 and there were these great hispanic grocery stores that would have great storemade food
you could also probably drive out to the desert pretty quickly, make sure u drink water tho cuz the dry heat creeps up on you

Edwardo

reddit thread about dodging ranked
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/28k0t9/dodging_ranked_is_a_little_messed_up/

but yeah if i was in california the top 2 things i would want to do would be to drive route 1 and go to the beach, mebbe get some in n out
last time i was around california there was rlly good mexican food, they had horchata in the soft drink dispensers and also at 7/11
you could also probably drive out to the desert pretty quickly, make sure u drink water tho cuz the dry heat creeps up on you

Would you go watch lcs?

brian!

if it was free id probably check it out
its more likely that id find the beach tsm runs at and stalk them
like rent a bike and crash in front of them over and over

2 summers ago I was in la w/ some friends and I said maybe we'll meet odd future and they laughed at me

AcridMeat

Banned
Exploritorium, yes/no?

I really only have time during the night, rest will be stuck in conferences.
Exploritorium is fun, I haven't been to it since it moved locations so I'm not sure what has changed. If all you have is night I'd say check out the places mentioned. Depending on what you're interested in get some sushi/ramen/chinese/mexican/super duper (burgers).

I don't do it all that often honestly, but it's fairly nice depending where you are. If you check out Chinatown just make sure you don't wander too far into the tenderloin, that area is shitty.

If you end up on Mission there's some crappy parts too, but I think that's more north and not really near where you would want to go in the mission anyway.

If your conferences are in the Moscone there's decent areas to walk around there. Super Duper right by too.

Try this thread as well.

Ferrio

Banned
Exploritorium is fun, I haven't been to it since it moved locations so I'm not sure what has changed. If all you have is night I'd say check out the places mentioned. Depending on what you're interested in get some sushi/ramen/chinese/mexican/super duper (burgers).

I don't do it all that often honestly, but it's fairly nice depending where you are. If you check out Chinatown just make sure you don't wander too far into the tenderloin, that area is shitty.

If you end up on Mission there's some crappy parts too, but I think that's more north and not really near where you would want to go in the mission anyway.

If your conferences are in the Moscone there's decent areas to walk around there. Super Duper right by too.

Try this thread as well.

Staying in the hyatt regency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom