• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

well normal ad runes will usually have armor/atspd quints, magic res./atspd/mana regen blus, armor/health yellows (usually a mix of both, 40/4), and ad reds, like there is some versatility depending on which champ you are playing, but what he's mainly saying is that the item changes aren't enough to change how good the most efficient runes are
maplestreet said the same thing
but u never kno, the patch just came out, I'm just keeping tabs on what pros are rolling with

ofc loco will get the cut, he is tired of broken promises

Fracas

#fuckonami
Oh my god, played Vi for the first time ever in ranked (I know, i'm bad, but ive seen enough of her being played with my friend that I somewhat knew what i was doing). She's so fun. 4 minutes in had a great q gank on a nid with LB just nuking her after i touched nid. Had a failed flash q on bot lane that missed by an inch, but it gave my bot lane room to breath, so all good.

Come lv6, shit just gets real. It's so fun zooming around with q. Built Lizard/TF/Tabis/Sunfire/Randuins/Black Cleaver and then just melted people even when we got engaged by a thresh/amumu. Soloing a Lucian is so great. I love Vi

She's definitely my favorite jungler. A blast to play and can deal out heavy damage while staying pretty tanky.

Nekofrog

Banned
which tank junglers specifically are you talking about. because the only jungler i can think of who straight up has to guzzle pots is sejuani.

Sejuani specifically. I really like her :(

edit: for clarification, when I'm talking about tank/utility junglers it's kind of codeword for SEJUANI SEJUANI SEJUANI (benghzibenghazibenghazi), because everyone else is dumb

DeadNames

Banned
This is kinda why I hate Riven and Riven players

What is poor Irelia going to do with Riven hopping, dashing, CCing, and shielding everywhere? It's the same thing with Yasuo and Zed. They all have stupid mobility so every time you kill someone, the user always says "lol get outplayed".

like, no. I'm sorry I only have one 16 sec CD gapcloser as opposed to a potentially infinite amount.

/rant

What is poor Irelia going to do with Riven hopping, dashing, CCing, and shielding everywhere? It's the same thing with Yasuo and Zed. They all have stupid mobility so every time you kill someone, the user always says "lol get outplayed".

like, no. I'm sorry I only have one 16 sec CD gapcloser as opposed to a potentially infinite amount.

/rant

not every Riven player can do that. It takes an immense amount of skill and knowledge, aka something that someone who is basically a Riven only player like boxbox can do.

Like, that is an insane mechanical play.

Blizzard

Banned

/rant
Riven CC is very short (0.75 seconds) though, which can be reduced further by tenacity or Irelia's built-in CC reduction.

Also do you REALLY want Irelia to be awesome again? :p It's like wishing for Ezreal to be good again, but forgetting when he was literally picked 50% or more of the time.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I played the saltiest of game of league ever. I haven't played ryze in a while so I was rusty. With Leesin dominating and blitz not wanting to go ap, i sold my boots for rabadon and had 683 ap to solo lee and warwick. What a game to complete my 100th win, all with bickering from noct for an hour.

9GyG5oW.jpg

I love playing as Riven. She was one of my first champions, but I'm pretty terrible at the game. I still can't auto-attack cancel, and I'm awful at killing minions. Oh, well, I still have fun playing the game with my friends.

I've only played four of my provisional ranked games and have no desire to do the rest of them, haha. It's just a game, but I get extremely nervous playing with people who hope that I'm at least decent.

/rant

Ahhh Riven stunts bursts are something to rage about it

CRS

I have a question that hopefully people can help me with.

Does the early game of Elise outweigh the uselessness of an utility/support Elise late game? I understand going Ancient Golem and CDR boots, but going Aegis/Locket doesn't seem like it's enough and should instead get something like a Haunting Guise? All Elise is late game is a walking champion with smite and a cocoon.

And since there are practically never any standard lanes anymore, the value of Elise's early game diminishes a bit for me.

Enlighten me please.

zkylon

zkylewd

Does the early game of Elise outweigh the uselessness of an utility/support Elise late game? I understand going Ancient Golem and CDR boots, but going Aegis/Locket doesn't seem like it's enough and should instead get something like a Haunting Guise? All Elise is late game is a walking champion with smite and a cocoon.

And since there are practically never any standard lanes anymore, the value of Elise's early game diminishes a bit for me.

Enlighten me please.
do you mean like in competitive or solo q?

Enlighten me please.
I don't exactly get what you mean, but a 2 second stun on a 6 second CD isn't anything to scoff at late game. Plus you're a big meat shield and virtually impossible to out-smite if you know what you're doing unless the enemy is Lee.

Nothing stopping you from grabbing Liandry's besides the CDR items either.

brian!

elise does % dmg, has a long cc on a relatively short cooldown, aggro drawing with her e, scouting with her w, she's pretty useful late game
dont get liandrys tho, if you want damage early get sorc shoez or guise, if you need it late for some reason get a void staff
being tunky is better
ppl have been building sightstone on her

because it's translated like crap lol

btw in portuguese it's VITORIA
The whole portuguese translation is ehhhh

Warden's mail somehow translates to Watcher's carapace
Deathfire grasp means something like Burning suffocation

And then there's the champion skill names that are on a whole other level

zkylon

zkylewd
Pssh, you should already have all the Sona skins mang.
well like shitty splash arts were making me reconsider

fortunately they improved pentakiru sona so fucking much

i can't wait <3

The whole portuguese translation is ehhhh

Warden's mail somehow translates to Watcher's carapace
Deathfire grasp means something like Burning suffocation

And then there's the champion skill names that are on a whole other level
argie translation isn't terrible, but it's very fucking weird at times. i wish they had gotten creative with some things rather than try some very rough hard translations

but mostly i don't like lux's voice so i play it on english

like that's not my girl

zkylon

zkylewd
argie league calls ahri the "ancient kumiho" cos saying nine-tailed fox in spanish would translate to like a hooker that likes, you know, tails, hookers, butts, you get the idea...

Ferrio

Banned
Irelia is stronger than Riven right now.

Easily. A stun and the dreaded anti-riven mechanic...healing.

I mean that's boxbox, arguably one of the best rivens there is. He's attacking her before irelia even gets powerful, takes advantage of her high skills mechanics, barely wins and only because he burned a summoners.

Once irelia hits a certain level/item she'll shit all over riven, so it's kinda disheartening knowing that riven barely manages to make due early game against her.

Ferrio

Banned
i like riven, i feel they could give her some of her health regen back and she wouldn't be broken

With the life steal, dorans, and BT nerfs....they really should.

I guess dorans doesn't hurt her too bad since her start has been longsword, potx3-4 since her regen nerfs.

zkylon

zkylewd
With the life steal, dorans, and BT nerfs....they really should.

I guess dorans doesn't hurt her too bad since her start has been longsword, potx3-4 since her regen nerfs.

just a bit it tho, i like the idea of smart health regen with the mega shield and lower than average health regen

CRS

do you mean like in competitive or solo q?

Mainly competitive. Some semi-spoilers(?):
I understand that any champion that falls behind doesn't get to contribute much but I wasn't convinced in the builds in Dig and EG's games.

elise does % dmg, has a long cc on a relatively short cooldown, aggro drawing with her e, scouting with her w, she's pretty useful late game
dont get liandrys tho, if you want damage early get sorc shoez or guise, if you need it late for some reason get a void staff
being tunky is better
ppl have been building sightstone on her
I guess the spiderlings are pretty huge since they draw the Baron debuff away from you and help you sustain in the jungle.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom