• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned

Interesting. There is an informational Riot post there regarding dodging:

Riot said:
Hi, there was a period where we attempted to remove all penalties except time penalties from dodging in ranked. What we saw was more players would dodge to avoid matches they felt were unfavorable. This resulted in a pretty bad experience. Some kind of penalty for dodging is important.

That said we feel sometimes there are legitimate reasons to dodge. The first dodge is a 3LP penalty. There is a bug where if you dodged in another queue recently your first dodge in ranked can sometimes result in a 10LP loss. Sorry you encountered this. :(

Players are no longer immediately kicked out of promotions for dodging. This was changed early last season. Now the game is just counted as a loss in a series.

As for dodging not resulting in MMR losses, that's true. However MMR isn't how we measure your ranked position so if you dodge you will have to make up the league points by continuing play at a high level to advance.

*edit* Also according a comment from a non-Riot person there, pre-game and post-game chats are now saved in addition to the game chats. This is really nice if true, since a lot of times people can save the slurs until the postgame lobby and then try to rage with impunity.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm curious, I wonder if Riot has ever considered having items with negative stats.

Seems a lot of itemization problems come from an item meant for one type of character, but turns out it's equally good (if not better) on others. What if they started doing stuff like making tank items... but having negitive AD or stuff on it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm curious, I wonder if Riot has ever considered having items with negative stats.

Seems a lot of itemization problems come from an item meant for one type of character, but turns out it's equally good (if not better) on others. What if they started doing stuff like making tank items... but having negitive AD or stuff on it.

they should make so bf sword items make you unable to chat

you know as a negative stat :3

Jeff-DSA

But then Vayne players would still be able to talk a lot longer than other ADCs.

"Guys, just play safe until I'm level 6."

"Don't worry, guys, I outscale them late."

"I just need help getting fed and then we will crush them."

"I should snowball, I usually do with Vayne. I don't know wtf is going on."

"I wish people knew how to properly play with a Vayne. Every match it's the same thing and I can't get going."

"I hate Braum."

well like

i thought it canceled out your promos

didn't know they changed it

dam

(tho there really isn't any reason to i guess since it's the same as a loss)

I find best policy is to get in chat and type something like:

SUPP SUPP SUPP SUPP. IDGAF WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY IM 1/1 IN MY PROMO SO IM LOCKING IN SUPPORT AND NOT DODGING YOU CUNTS.

drawkcaB

New Skarner is fucking amazing in top lane.

...I don't quite see how that'd be possible. You sure this isn't like the time you said Nautilus was good top lane?

Ferrio said:

Negative stats I'm not totally sold on. Going by past precedence, if an item is strong on a champion but it shouldn't be because of their role, then it's probably an issue with the champion's kit, it's function and numbers. Item actives which have negative and positive aspects to their use (like the BT ideas we were throwing around yesterday) would be neat to look into though.

So using tank items as an example, you could probably get the same effect by reducing AD/AP scaling on whichever champ you have in mind and instead give HP/armor/MR/mana scaling instead.

Einbroch

Banned
What do you build on him? I've tried it before and it was surprisingly effective.

Bruiser. Usually I go BotRK then either Trinity Force or a tank item, depending on the enemy team comp and how well we're doing. I've even dabbled in that Essence Reaver item, but I dunno how effective it is. AD/AD tank runes and masteries.

He gets bullied from 1-4, then mid game becomes a monster.

...I don't quite see how that'd be possible. You sure this isn't like the time you said Nautilus was good top lane?

Nah, that was a joke. Skarner is legit.

DeadNames

Banned
Bruiser. Usually I go BotRK then either Trinity Force or a tank item, depending on the enemy team comp and how well we're doing. I've even dabbled in that Essence Reaver item, but I dunno how effective it is. AD/AD tank runes and masteries.

He gets bullied from 1-4, then mid game becomes a monster.

Nah, that was a joke. Skarner is legit.

Yeah that's what I did. He can trade really well with just a sheen.

Nekofrog

Banned
Hearing rumors (baseless reddit speculation) that Zion and shiphtur threw their relegation games to get on dig. Garenteed to not be true but it's still funny

antitrop

IE instead of BT

That's all there is to it.
AXfeeWv.png

I find your advice effective enough.

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta say, i'd rather have old match history in-client rather than new match history out-of-client

it's ridiculously annoying

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Personally I think they should just buff SotAG's Butcher from 30->40% increased damage against monsters. Maybe 45%.
Tank junglers fall behind before they even get to SotAG. The problem exists at level one and with how Machete promotes auto-attack heavy junglers.

Korten

Banned
I had a... terrible game experience. So much so I think I shall quit League of Legends...

The people in my match... They were... They were... NICE AND SUPPORTIVE!

Whats up with that? Totally ruined my gaming experience.

Mothman91

When I play with my friends, we always play blind pick. I don't mind it, but the only problem I have with it is...

I always tend to get a mirror matchup. I even got a mirror matchup when I did Yorick toplane once. Just had one with I did blue Ezreal, same champion on the other side. I also noticed he's not so fun to play against either.

Blizzard

Banned
I am really sad. This seems to have happened to me the last 2 years or so -- if I play mostly one champion to get better, I get better for a while. I went from maybe 30% rengar wins up to 54%.

But now, the more I play the worse I do. I went 10/1 against Jax, lost the game. 5/1/5, lost the game. And the last one or two games I keep hitting champs instead of minions, or minions instead of champs. I have probably jumped out of stealth onto a minion 4-5 times in the last two games, dying and doing nothing.

Are there any tricks to not starting to do awful with a champion? Or especially helpful to me, are there any tricks for clicking on minions but not champions? It is really difficult for me since I play with free camera and the angle varies depending on where the camera is.

I got up to silver III, 94 LP twice...and now I think I am one game away from demotion again. Last time I got demoted to silver IV it took me FIVE SERIES to get back. I just don't want that again. :'(

Wtf is happening
"Unknown error" error keeps popping up in champ select. Champ select has been idle for several minutes now. It's my turn to pick but nothing is happening. Chat's not working either.

Let me guess, this will be a loss somehow.

League official forums are down too

Blizzard

Banned
Wtf is happening
"Unknown error" error keeps popping up in champ select. Champ select has been idle for several minutes now. It's my turn to pick but nothing is happening. Chat's not working either.

Let me guess, this will be a loss somehow.
I am guessing it has something to do with the warning thing in the top of the client that says they are doing maintenance so there may be disruptions of service. It may just cancel everything.

drawkcaB

Tank junglers fall behind before they even get to SotAG. The problem exists at level one and with how Machete promotes auto-attack heavy junglers.

Which is then exacerbated by the jungle item passives synergizing with offensive stats.

I'll take whatever Riot gives me for my jungle tanks, but I wish they'd step back for a moment and recognize that these champs are almost exclusively in the jungle. It'd be nice if these champs could be played in other lanes, namely top, because many of them have interesting niches that would be neat to add to some team comps.

If Riot can buff Naut such that he's no longer a sitting duck when his shield breaks I'll cry happy tears.

Jeff-DSA

Wow, constant disconnects and lag in that game. Isn't it a bit early in the day to be doing maintenance on servers? Must be an overload thing or something.

I better get loss prevented for that one.

Ranked queues are down. Same thing happened last night around the same time. All I wanna do is get my 30 kill TF game in for the day and they won't even let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom