• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd

Subtle

aLLkH0y.jpg

how this team comp didnt work is beyond me...

brian!

sum guy tellin me skarner really strong this patch
that kind of talk is gonna get u fired from riot philip costigan

if those r the kayle nerfs she'll be aight

zkylon

zkylewd
Maokai
Arcane Smash ( Q ) mana cost lowered to 45 at all ranks from 55 at all ranks
Arcane Smash ( Q ) slow reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds

Twisted Advance ( W ) mana cost lowered to 75 at all ranks from 75/80/85/90/95
Twisted Advance ( W ) cooldown lowered to 12/11/10/9/8 from 13 at all ranks
Twisted Advance ( W ) [ looks like it now deals 9/10.5/12/13.5/15 ( +0.04 AP) % of targets maximum health as magic damage, max of 300 to minions and monsters ) from 80/115/150/185/220 ( +.8 AP )
Twisted Advance ( W ) [cast range reduced to 500 from 650 ]

Sapling Toss ( E ) mana cost reduced to 60/70/80/90/100 from 70/80/90/100/110
Sapling Toss ( E ) landing damage lowered to 40/60/80/100/120 from 40/75/110/145/180
Sapling Toss ( E ) explosion damage lowered to 80/120/160/200/240 from 80/130/180/230/280
Sapling Toss ( E ) [ looks like it now slows on explosion, 50% for 1 sec]

Vengeful Maelstrom ( R ) is now attached to Maokai. Instead of being cast on an area and sticking there, it now follows him as he moves.

wow mao got pretty much a mini rework, sounds pretty beast

i'm no jungler but i feel like he might have trouble clearing if his babies are weaker?

Ferrio

Banned
Oh crap that ult change on mao is a huge one.

wow mao got pretty much a mini rework, sounds pretty beast

i'm no jungler but i feel like he might have trouble clearing if his babies are weaker?

Ya rework doesn't fix the whole tank jungler thing... it does fix that he was one of the worst of the worst tank junglers.

drawkcaB

No change, really. Level 1 saplings deal the same damage and you level that last. Q also does the same damage. %health damage on W doesn't warrant maxing it first. His mana sustain after first clear is a bit better. vs. Double Golems and Wight you can add W do your spell rotation for a good chunk of extra damage, which helps save some hp. He's still unable to just run around the jungle and stay there indefinitely the way Vi, Elise, etc. can which is really sad. Even other tank junglers can do this once they pick up spirit stone.

The changes with their current numbers won't do much to help, honestly. He's marginally better, but every buff came with a nerf on a champion who's needed straight up buffs since the beginning of season 3. I'm not convinced the increased damage and CD on Twisted Advance is worth its range nerf and the slow reduction on Q. His early ganks - the only thing he has presently going for him - got nerfed without much compensation. E mana cost reduction doesn't do much and 1s slow isn't much because it's only on the explosion which isn't hard to avoid. Damage reduction on E isn't a big deal because you level it last anyways. I guess saplings are *maybe* better for the rare support Maokai, but I doubt it.

I'm withholding final judgement until I see the "new" tank oriented jungle item. As of right now, I'm unimpressed. I don't see anything to suddenly make competitively viable. He'll be lucky to even squeak into the mid-tier.

Ferrio said:
Oh crap that ult change on mao is a huge one.

I comes with a price, like every other change he got. I couldn't put my finger on why it felt off on the PBE so I headed over to Live and saw it right away. Fairly sure, the radius has been reduced by quite a bit, though I should have snapped some pics. It's maybe 2x melee range or so right now. The fact that it follows you is a lateral change, not a buff. You used to be able to plant the field on your squishies while you dived in. Now you can't, for better or worse. Ultimately, the biggest problem with the ability is that it still drains mana like crazy and the mana reductions on Q and E aren't remotely enough. Maokai will still constantly run into the situation from levels 6-10 where he just won't have the mana available to use the ult in any meaningful way.

EDIT: Just took some screenshots for comparison. Radius on ult has definitely been nerfed by 25-33%.

I remember me and newt used to play with a guy that played stupid as hell champs like AP Maokai mid. We constantly got 4 man ganked because he never pushed waves before he backed.

Kenai

pls

she's got that sexy androgynous thing going but also super badass and looks like she'd hurt you which sorta brings it into awkward boner territory but still #worth

I'd like it more if it weren't for the whole "hey guys it's a blizzard what an excellent time to show some skin" thing for her stomach

Blizzard

Banned
Well at least I didn't get demoted last night! Time to try a ranked game tonight.

1. First pick takes jungler from someone else who asked for it.
2. Jungler comes top, dives past minion waves, suicides against Riven with ult (I didn't have ult), possible tower dive in the bargin.
3. Says they will feed blue and red buffs to Riven and go to bed.
4. Comes back (presumably to avoid LeaverBuster flagging them), farms jungle, comes top to suicide again.
5. ADC rages from 2-3 minutes in. Goes AFK for 5-10 minutes of the last half of the game, doing nothing but insult teammate(s) from spawn or move sometimes (again, presumably to avoid LeaverBuster).
6. Support takes red buff from ADC trying to get it. Support is Leona and also appears to be using CC skills exclusively on Morgana-spellshielded enemies.

Like, 4v5 might be doable. 3v5 or 2v5 with someone on your team actively trying to assist the other team with buff-feeding, suicide runs up the middle etc., is very tough. =( The Riven on the other team apparently felt bad enough that they just went away to farm the jungle or something until the nexus went down at 21:34, so I could at least get top tower.

And the best part is, LeaverBuster doesn't catch either of those people, so I suppose it's up to whether the tribunal ever sees it or has any power to do something about it. The line about feeding buffs and going to bed was even said explicitly in chat.

Blizzard

Banned
Karma balance post: The game after I had two AFK, the other team had someone apparently ragequit after dying once at maybe level 8. Teammate claimed they were taunting from spawn, using abilities in spawn (to avoid LeaverBuster?) etc.

Near the end of the game they came back to grab some kills.

Naturally in postgame chat they claimed that they said nothing in chat, riot/tribunal will see and do nothing, they merely disconnected, team is lying, etc.

So who knows what the truth was, but the end result was after my 2v5 or 3v5 game, I got a 5v2 or 5v3.

It's rare for things to balance so quickly, but wow, I wish there were a way to do ranked without so many AFKs or griefers. I don't know if there's any non-abusable punishment Riot could do when people work around LeaverBuster...maybe detect if they're in the general spawn area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom