• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodmon

Neo Member
As you may know if you have been following the LCS thread, I have been to Wembley today. I was going to post my view in here, but Joe Miller (one of the casters) tweeted this...

Bqp860mCMAAFXee.jpg

So there seems little point (for record, unimpressed red shirt by top stairs).

If anyone is going Sunday, a few quick pointers. The day is exhausting. Queued up before 2pm, left after 8pm. DEAD. Made worse by the food and drink situation. Burgers and coke ran out very quickly. Take a bag, take as much as you can carry. Bit shit really, this was at about 4pm when I tried it and I had nothing else to eat/drink.

So many games. A bit too much really. I am due to go tomorrow, I can well see me leaving before last match finishes. Then again I am not travelling so I might last a bit longer.

There did not appear to be any swag to buy. Lots of Teemo and Rammus hats, but I was hoping to pick up a shirt or something. The only thing available was some random freebies. Guy next to me scored a LoL branded orange stress ball. This was after the Mill/Roc match mind, which you all need to watch for reasons that will become clear at the 20 minute mark.

Crowd was amazing. So much noise, and...well watch that match I suggested. I enjoyed it, shame my friends didn't get their tickets in the end so it was just sad lonely Gaffer watching some eSports. I might put some more pics up later if any of you care, and if they are any good.

What's the secret to winning games like this, GAF? because I don't know how to carry bot lanes that are capable of that. I teleported down there twice, got them kills and a couple of towers. Repeatedly shit on Ashe, Yi and Kayle. I'm pretty sure that was Jinx's first game as Jinx. Sometimes you can tell. Like when a guy maxes Q last. Or ults the enemy when they're at full HP.

My last 2 placement games have been this in a nutshell. Last game I went 2/1/17 on Nami in a loss where mid and jungle fed so well, the enemy team offered 25% gratuity.

Ferrio

Banned
What's the secret to winning games like this, GAF? because I don't know how to carry bot lanes that are capable of that. I teleported down there twice, got them kills and a couple of towers. Repeatedly shit on Ashe, Yi and Kayle. I'm pretty sure that was Jinx's first game as Jinx. Sometimes you can tell. Like when a guy maxes Q last. Or ults the enemy when they're at full HP.

Or when they build a giants belt. Not to mention you had a shaco and the game is at 46 minutes.

zkylon

zkylewd

My last 2 placement games have been this in a nutshell. Last game I went 2/1/17 on Nami in a loss where mid and jungle fed so well, the enemy team offered 25% gratuity.

you can't

some people are just impossible to carry

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

There are certain games that you have no control over. They are either games where you cannot possibly lose and games where you cannot possibly win.

The higher you go in rank the more often you run into these sorts of games

Bronze: 0-20% You can carry almost always
Silver: 20%-30% You can carry most games
Gold:30%-40% Games are becoming more reliant on teammates
Plat:40%-50% Game is very reliant on teammates
Diamond+:????

Fuck I wanted to play a normal. I have made a huge mistake.

I missclicked and now I'm stuck playing ranked, I didn't want to play ranked until Tuesday.

But if I dodged I would have been demoted.

Damn it.

SZGF

Banned
Some secret society keeps DDOSing the NA servers.

PBE: I'm excited for support Maokai. Though with the saplings scaling with your own MS make for a mean ganker. We really need to see what the ancient golem changes are.

There are certain games that you have no control over. They are either games where you cannot possibly lose and games where you cannot possibly win.

The higher you go in rank the more often you run into these sorts of games

Bronze: 0-20% You can carry almost always
Silver: 20%-30% You can carry most games
Gold:30%-40% Games are becoming more reliant on teammates
Plat:40%-50% Game is very reliant on teammates
Diamond+:????

These placements are hurting my soul, man. Just lost #5. top Rammus who was all of 20% in winrate on the champ in 5 tries. 3/8/3 average kda. Enemy top ends up going 15/0.

My normal matches have much more competent players than this. Mostly gold and plats. These are bronzes and low silvers.

Some secret society keeps DDOSing the NA servers.

PBE: I'm excited for support Maokai. Though with the saplings scaling with your own MS make for a mean ganker. We really need to see what the ancient golem changes are.

It isn't a secret society, it's the same dudes that has been ddosing lan/las/br since the world cup started.

Holy shit, easiest ranked game ever. Really felt like I was playing against bots, even my team said I was killing them as if they were bots, haha. So happy, after what happened yesterday (I had to afk, which made my team ranked lose for the first time). Sadly, no penta. But oh well, you can't have everything.
Who last picks Katarina against Ahri? a first pick Ahri....

Almost make me play another ranked game today, but ehh, no thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of chat being broken, I kind of wonder if Riot should make it permanently broken.

I mean, it's sad you can't message friends and AFK in the neogaf chatroom, but for ranked?

• No one can rage at teammates in the lobby.
  • No one can say they're going to troll in the lobby.
  • No one can complain about champions, or bans, etc. in the lobby.
  • Everyone HAS to respect pick order if they're at all trying for the normal meta.

It's so much more civil this way!

Jeff-DSA

Who last picks Katarina against Ahri? a first pick Ahri....

Better than my team who banned Katarina first. Look at who they left open. The game went exactly as I expected it would. Jax, Yi, Zed...the bronze all stars.

Seriously though, I hate Sona. I am going to start dodging if she's my support. I don't ever dodge, but I've never won with her on my team. She just feeds. That's all she does. I guess it didn't help that Trundle was AFK for the first 5 levels, either.

Ferrio

Banned
Better than my team who banned Katarina first. Look at who they left open. The game went exactly as I expected it would. Jax, Yi, Zed...the bronze all stars.

Seriously though, I hate Sona. I am going to start dodging if she's my support. I don't ever dodge, but I've never won with her on my team. She just feeds. That's all she does. I guess it didn't help that Trundle was AFK for the first 5 levels, either.

Why BT? It's nerfed and you have sona.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
don't blame it on soni if u got shit teammates

Sona players in lower levels do tend to die a lot because they don't know how to position. But she's an amazing champ in higher levels.

Blizzard

Banned
i like chatting with people in game
Oh I didn't say ingame. Ingame people are nice or mean, and either way that's life. But lobby is pretty nice now.

rengarssk0e.png

I think I've gotten maybe one ARAM pentakill, one normal pentakill (Draaaaven), and now finally a ranked pentakill. And we even won and didn't throw the game afterwards! I'm continuing to think that only 1 dorans on Rengar may be the way to go now.

*edit* I died immediately afterwards due to chasing Karthus into his defile but it was okay.

As much as I love Kat, I have to agree. That's just not a good idea.

I personally don't like Katarina, I don't think she's a bad champion since there are games where she is a strong pick, but I have found that more often than not the people that plays Katarina are toxic at the first mistake/problem. A polite Katarina player is great.

Sona is good, but I wouldn't want her in my team if I was bronze, or if someone that doesn't like playing support got stuck with that role. Mostly because I wouldn't trust my teammates to don't die as Sona, or worse, doing nothing with sona in the early game except healing you and standing behind you.

And yeah, weird bans happens. My ban list is usually: Jax, Kayle, Morgana, Leona, LeBlanc, Braum. Sometimes Ziggs, because fuck Ziggs.

It got to the point where the enemy team ignored all my team just to try to kill me, and one of the things you don't want to be against Ahri is to be really predictable. I knew Twitch was going to try to burst me down, but he made always the same mistake it's a charm in the face every time he used his W in me. As soon as I used my E Katarina would try to kill me with her ultimate (zhonya's), then kill her with DFG's combo. No one had MR except Lee Sin (and just mercury's) and lol, lux support. It was a free win, lol.

Blizzard

Banned
dang jungle rengar is hard
I think I've tried doran's blade start in the jungle, which is a REALLY bad idea unless you have special runes or teammates that help damage blue buff a lot.

Even if you start with machete, I think Rengar may fall into the category of junglers that try to rush farm until level 6, since ganks are way better then. Otherwise, you would be stuck trying to hit a bola from the river, or trying to lane gank through a bush.

DeadNames

Banned

Of course he would think that. He plays ADC, the role that snowballs the hardest. Any good ADC player should be able to carry themselves.

Unless you're Jax/Trynd, top lane can't do shit. I've seen hella fed top laners lose and I've seen 2/11 people get carried. IMO, the best role to climb with is ADC. Unfortunately, I can't ADC for shit. Ever since Annie support I've tried to avoid bot lane.

Edit: also, can we keep this sfw?

SZGF

Banned
Of course he would think that. He plays ADC, the role that snowballs the hardest. Any good ADC player should be able to carry themselves.

Unless you're Jax/Trynd, top lane can't do shit. I've seen hella fed top laners lose and I've seen 2/11 people get carried. IMO, the best role to climb with is ADC. Unfortunately, I can't ADC for shit. Ever since Annie support I've tried to avoid bot lane.

Edit: also, can we keep this sfw?

whats NSFW?

Also, the comment that you've seen fed laners lose and crushed laners win doesn't actually prove that top lane cant do shit. You could say that about any lane.

zkylon

zkylewd
ib0KLAM4iktl6P.png

diamond lucian am cry

first time i play him but i think i'm sold, he's basically a more finger bending version of mf which i really enjoy since going ham is the thing i like most on adcs and it's why i keep losing games as caitlyn. like i guess i'm more wildturtle than sneaky for sure, tho i'm obviously more zuna than anything lol

i might buy him, he's on the extreme silliness edge of manliness i actually find attractive rather than real dumb manliness that just scares me away

Sona players in lower levels do tend to die a lot because they don't know how to position. But she's an amazing champ in higher levels.
yea i think she's finding back her place now that sustain is a thing again with like face of the mountain and like death of annie and leona

still she's not really good in the 2v2 lane without ignite or like barrier+heal if u want to go more defensive. like q and passive nerfs for sure killed her damage presence in lane when compared to other supports which was my favorite thing about her so that still sucks but adcs want a mommy to heal them now so that's cool i guess

she still has one of the best teamfight ults in the game super versatile kit that does everything well mid and lategame and she's got that artist thing going on so yea, soni's boss <3

Her face is odd.

And whats with all the pink?
your face is odd <3

and don't you like pink?

it's my favorite color i think

it's hard to say cos i like all of em but i prolly like pink the most

Sometimes my adc yells at me for not saving him against 3 enemies and kill them if he dies.
i feel like there should be like opposite weekends in which adcs play supports and supports play adc

like i love playing adc now, sometimes i bitch at my supports when i think they do things wrong (u know, same bitching i did mid lol), but been playing with two rotating supports (one of em ex-adc main) and it's just bliss

DeadNames

Banned
whats NSFW?

Also, the comment that you've seen fed laners lose and crushed laners win doesn't actually prove that top lane cant do shit. You could say that about any lane.

The pic of sona. Not tryna have people see that.

And sure, that's true. Doesn't change the fact that ADC carries the hardest at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom