• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

i feel like there should be like opposite weekends in which adcs play supports and supports play adc
A good ADC should be able to play a decent supp. For example :
RnCO5Hc.png

Of course he would think that. He plays ADC, the role that snowballs the hardest. Any good ADC player should be able to carry themselves.

Unless you're Jax/Trynd, top lane can't do shit. I've seen hella fed top laners lose and I've seen 2/11 people get carried. IMO, the best role to climb with is ADC. Unfortunately, I can't ADC for shit. Ever since Annie support I've tried to avoid bot lane.

Edit: also, can we keep this sfw?
A lot of misconceptions here.

Do I really need to explain it?

Picture yourself as someone who doesn't play video games/league seeing that pic for the first time. She's pretty much naked, her tits are polished water balloons, and she's sitting in a suggestive pose.

Pretty nsfw.

Did sona have legs? she is always floating.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno i guess u may have a more conservative definition of sfw

like i know it's suggestive but like it's a bit of leg, cmon dood

like it's not gross or anything and like i put it in quote tags so it wouldn't be too big

i dunno :/

btw i don't think adc carries the hardest at all, and like it's been a pretty "weak" role to main if you want to climb before maybe 4.9 or 4.8 or something. like right now from my own experience i get the impression adc is pretty stupid op, tho 4.10 helped.

like feels like bot lane is the lane to spam in ranked ever since mid got nerfed to be like the ranged version of shyvanna vs mundo :p
some hyperbole may apply

but play whatever you're good at, climbing is just a matter of being good at something and knowing how to abuse it (aka my friend went from silver 4 to gold 5 in like 4 days just spamming eve+morgana)

A good ADC should be able to play a decent supp. For example :
RnCO5Hc.png
that's one (1)

gimme some real numbers

i wanna see your nami

btw gimme some basic draven pointers

like r>q>e>w or w>e? how much should i spam w? how the fuck does q bounce and ult work lol?

like i had a good bunch of stacks but i was always playing catchup wih the axes since i don't get if they bounce in the direction i'm walking or towards my cursor or what

Newt

that's one (1)

gimme some real numbers

i wanna see your nami

btw gimme some basic draven pointers

like r>q>e>w or w>e? how much should i spam w? how the fuck does q bounce and ult work lol?

like i had a good bunch of stacks but i was always playing catchup wih the axes since i don't get if they bounce in the direction i'm walking or towards my cursor or what
R>Q>W>E

In lane I only use like w once per fight. In teamfights later on, I spam the shit outta w, keeping the buff on 100% of the time. Axes go in the direction you're facing, and you should always be able to know where they're going. The main combo you need to learn for killing someone is (having two axes up) is AA+E+AA+Q and then run up to them and spam AAs and Ws. Axes are really a muscle memory thing for laning and csing. In team fights you need a lot of concentration though, especially in higher elo.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Do I really need to explain it?

Picture yourself as someone who doesn't play video games/league seeing that pic for the first time. She's pretty much naked, her tits are polished water balloons, and she's sitting in a suggestive pose.

Pretty nsfw.
not sitting cross-legged would be pretty nsfw in a short cut dress.

Every time I want to see my friend's match history in the client I have to remember how dumb the new match history is. I don't think I'll get over having to open my browser to see anyone's match history. I won't always want to see the detailed new match history, sometimes I only want to see if someone won his last game, or if he feed, or something.

It's dumb.

did all the placement matches. averaged

7.6 / 2.2 / 6.8

Only good enough for a 6-4 record and Silver. Fairly disappointed. Hopefully the climb won't take terribly long.

Just assume everyone is a moron in silver. I know it's mean but it will serve you much better than expecting people to know how to do basic league things like buying potions and then being sorely disappointed.

tm24

Playing Nami support into a sivir/morg bot lane? No problem, just abuse your AA range that the enemy confuses for a spell every time! Bought a lot of mana pots for some wicked heal bounces into bubble.

zkylon

zkylewd
R>Q>W>E

In lane I only use like w once per fight. In teamfights later on, I spam the shit outta w, keeping the buff on 100% of the time. Axes go in the direction you're facing, and you should always be able to know where they're going. The main combo you need to learn for killing someone is (having two axes up) is AA+E+AA+Q and then run up to them and spam AAs and Ws. Axes are really a muscle memory thing for laning and csing. In team fights you need a lot of concentration though, especially in higher elo.
thanks friend

i still don't entirely get the double q thingie but to be fair i didn't really read the spell descriptions, i just figured "pick up axes, don't spam too much w because mana (which i guess was wrong) and be a man"

will prolly play him a second time and see about buying. he's fun but might be too much for me

Every time I want to see my friend's match history in the client I have to remember how dumb the new match history is. I don't think I'll get over having to open my browser to see anyone's match history. I won't always want to see the detailed new match history, sometimes I only want to see if someone won his last game, or if he feed, or something.

It's dumb.
yup, me and my friends been loving the graphs and whatnot but i dunno why they removed the old shit from the client

makes no sense at all

brian!

7.6 / 2.2 / 6.8

Only good enough for a 6-4 record and Silver. Fairly disappointed. Hopefully the climb won't take terribly long.

since you hadnt played ranked before, getting silver out of placements is normal, I got silver with 8-2 last season without having played ranked before. like the way it works is it takes your standing last/pre-season adds like ~1000 mmr and halves it, and then you go through placements kinda messing with whatever number was generated. if you have no ranked history i think you start at ~1200 which is like square in the middle of silver i think, i've kinda forgotten what the elo numbers were bak in the dayy

also qtpie's thing is that you are ostensibly at your ranking because you have not changed the thing that needs to be changed for you to climb the ladder, and that there are a lot of things to change. the only thing you can ever change is your own shit

^directed at dood saying qt wuz bullshitting, not dreamz vizion

also like, not too hard to imagine a work environment where you don't want ppl to see you looking at sexy cartoons on a website about video games, but I mean the safest thing to do in that situation for the concerned is just to block all images
like when ur boss is all whats with the sexy sona u freak on a leash, u wistfully thinking "dang and I totally asked them to not post pictures like that", while pink slips fly cartoon tornado style of the boss's desk, will not save you from being terminated for looking at video game websites when you should be operating on the patient in front of you

zkylon

zkylewd
i suppose u start at silver 5 since that's what they soft reset towards to at the beginning of the season

but you know if you improve to the point you're no longer at silver/bronze level you'll rise up super fast, even if you have leavers and like swain support and whatever.

i think the thing to take from qt's vid is that you shouldn't really focus on anything but the things you can change about yourself to climb up in ranks, which is shit like having good cs, warding, lane matchups and how to make the rest of your team carryable.

like your teammates will always suck from bronze to diamond, and if you're not winning 30lp and losing 15 chances are your rank is correct and like just own up to your elo and improve and you'll get that cool gold skin

look at neko, he used to whine all day until i schooled him rite

now he big boi in gold like the rest of us

also like, not too hard to imagine a work environment where you don't want ppl to see you looking at sexy cartoons on a website about video games, but I mean the safest thing to do in that situation for the concerned is just to block all images
yea like i always found the nsfw stuff to be super weird, like if my boss caught me browsing gaf looking at clothed people rather than naked people i'd probably get scolded anyways, but you know those are the rules and i abide by them

i just don't think that picture's nsfw in the way that it's not any more explicit that like kitty kat splash art

brian!

i think i dug too far in the dignitas rabbit hole reading about how lisha and qt are broken up now

i dont think nsfw championingers is that weird, like I can also imagine work environments where it's aight to browse the internet, but u dont want to be the sexy cartoon guy

im stuck in gold i always get afk and dcs fuck this game im never getting out

Shh shh, calm down, just listen to this while playing ranked. It's relaxing.

7.6 / 2.2 / 6.8

You will climb pretty fast if you keep winning after being placed.

For example I was Silver I last season, I finished my placements 3-7 and got in Silver II. Now I'm Silver III.

Wait.

Ok, tbh. I did quit ranked after losing 7 games in a row after being placed. I got demoted to Silver IV. Now I have played more ranked in the last 10 days than in the past 4 months. I have almost even my winrate from 5-18 to 22-24. So far I usually get harder matches in normal than in ranked, the only difference is that in normal people surrender a lot more. Sometimes it comes down to who carries harder you, or someone in the other team. I can't speak of top or jungle, but I find you can carry games easier from mid, support or adc. (In no particular order).

Tizoc

Ended up getting Sona and Pantheon (the latter for the heck of it).
As much as I want to do good as an ADC, I find I do better as either Support or Top. I'm getting a little better with Warwick as Jungler too.

EDIT: Regarding Sona's passive: Is the buff from using a 3rd ability stored until you attack someone? It won't go away if I use heal as my 4th ability?

Blizzard

Banned
EDIT: Regarding Sona's passive: Is the buff from using a 3rd ability stored until you attack someone? It won't go away if I use heal as my 4th ability?
It won't go away until you attack someone. When you attack someone, it will use the power chord from the last ability you used.

i think i dug too far in the dignitas rabbit hole reading about how lisha and qt are broken up now

i dont think nsfw championingers is that weird, like I can also imagine work environments where it's aight to browse the internet, but u dont want to be the sexy cartoon guy

I went down that road too, it's kind of sad.

johnathon_gat

Neo Member
Been spamming Fiora lately in silver -> gold promos, seems pretty good. Why is it that she's not played in higher elo? Or do I just never happen to see her

Blizzard

Banned
I dislike that Fiora seems to be able to fairly easily hit 400+ AD if the game goes past 30 minutes. It's a lot of AD! She has high AD early game too. Her ult also makes it so she's like Master Yi and you can't hit her and that's always irritating.

Newt

I dislike that Fiora seems to be able to fairly easily hit 400+ AD if the game goes past 30 minutes. It's a lot of AD! She has high AD early game too. Her ult also makes it so she's like Master Yi and you can't hit her and that's always irritating.
She's incredibly weak to exhaust.

johnathon_gat

Neo Member
I've seen her a decent amount in high elo. Heck, I played her today. I like playing her against Yasuo.
RUQxsJk.png

What would you start non-DBlade on her? go double rejuv or something else - only against high sustain?

Yeah, Yasuo is a joke once I pick up a kill or two.

Tizoc

I've seen her a decent amount in high elo. Heck, I played her today. I like playing her against Yasuo.
RUQxsJk.png

Her W will counter his stab attack won't it?

If the match was longer would you have also made an inf Edge for the extra crit and damage?

xNiallC

I looooove the new bot lane changes. Draven feels exceptionally strong now with two Doran's plus an Infinity Edge, critting for huge numbers even early on. Perfect timing for the skin release too.

Mandoric

Banned
I think I'm finally feeling Sona again, at least in a sufficiently-bullyable lane. Even tilt mode tonight has been "die in a deliberate initiation after delivering e/w/r".

Demolished the hell out of Lux in lane. Get very fed early on (RoA by 8 mins IIRC).

Zero wards from support Shaco, so I had to buy the Sightstone. Our team had a really HARD time pushing because Lux was starting to catchup. She could just snipe me with an ult which drops me to nearly half. I wanted to buy an MR item but there's no space. I wanted a Locket but no one wants to get it. I must've bought a million elixirs. I was sorely tempted to sell my boots for AP+MS item like Twin Shadows but nooooo I know I'll get kited hard.

HQNno5L.jpg

xNiallC

Demolished the hell out of Lux in lane. Get very fed early on (RoA by 8 mins IIRC).

Zero wards from support Shaco, so I had to buy the Sightstone. Our team had a really HARD time pushing because Lux was starting to catchup. She could just snipe me with an ult which drops me to nearly half. I wanted to buy an MR item but there's no space. I wanted a Locket but no one wants to get it. I must've bought a million elixirs. I was sorely tempted to sell my boots for AP+MS item like Twin Shadows but nooooo I know I'll get kited hard.

HQNno5L.jpg

I'm not sure tho, because if you were getting kited you could have used the twin shadows active.

clemenx

Banned
Thoughts on Graves? I've played him a lot this free week and he feels awesome, lots of damage and I really like his skills. I'm not bothered at all by the short range as my "main" adc is Miss Fortune they feel really similar I really love going all in. I think he'll be my next buy I need someone else than MF to play as adc lol.

Thoughts on Graves? I've played him a lot this free week and he feels awesome, lots of damage and I really like his skills. I'm not bothered at all by the short range as my "main" adc is Miss Fortune they feel really similar I really love going all in. I think he'll be my next buy I need someone else than MF to play as adc lol.
He's pretty good. BT changes should've hurt him a bit but it's not like he can't take advantage of a IE rush.

Type2

Finally starting to get back my feel for this game. Feels great to morg bind/thresh hook or flay every tp,ability and flash two games in a row. Yesterday's chat problems were annoying though.
I just have to get my nami to god tier and I'm ready for ranked.

I'm excited for the ancient golem changes .... I hope riot doesn't let me down.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He's pretty good. BT changes should've hurt him a bit but it's not like he can't take advantage of a IE rush.
IE is markedly less useful as an item on him because it makes him more auto-attack reliant, and honestly the champions being picked up that have tremendous late game scaling are ones he fares poorly against. I don't think it's a very good time to be Graves.

Ended up getting Sona and Pantheon (the latter for the heck of it).
As much as I want to do good as an ADC, I find I do better as either Support or Top. I'm getting a little better with Warwick as Jungler too.

Gotta get used for stack her E for support or Q if you are pressing and her W stack for stop the enemy adc bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom