• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Patience has paid off, picking up Warring Kingdoms Xin so I have a Xin skin that doesn't look like dogshit.

I bought it at full price when it came out. Didn't regret it (it was still 975 at the time). Wish Xin wasn't complete dog shit now though.

sleepykyo

ThoroughEmbellishedAnemoneshrimp.gif

the leesin hate is strong with gaf

Lee-sin is the perfect character, just that the high skill cap keeps him rare enough (outside of Korea) that people give him a pass.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lee-sin is the perfect character, just that the high skill cap keeps him rare enough (outside of Korea) that people give him a pass.
lee sin is the fourth most popular champion in na and eu...
and the higher you go the more popular he gets. third most picked in plat. second most picked in diamond/challenger.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
the OPness of spellthief means zyra, morg, karma (even lulu if she wuznt better mid) r back 4 supports. i wudnt be surprised if we saw sum kennen support 2

sona pls go get some meat on bones n come back with 30 more hp

Riot pls stop nerfing (my) champs into oblivion. At least revert the nerfs when we have monsters like Annie and Leona in the bot lane.

Kenai

I'm glad they are reverting the Annie AA range nerf, that didn't seen cool. I'm also hoping the Fizz buff to his W makes up for the Lich Bane changes.

Grats on Gold btw!

drawkcaB

I bought it at full price when it came out. Didn't regret it (it was still 975 at the time). Wish Xin wasn't complete dog shit now though.

I think you should give him a go for a few games. He's actually pretty damn good. Ganks and deals damage early almost as well as the current crop of top rated junglers but unlike most he also scales well into late game thanks to some very strong and flexible item paths. Can carry, peel, tank, initiate. I'm about to finish my jungle marathon and he's going to find a spot in my jungle picks for sure.

What enemy comps are good for Karma support? Tried her last night, she's pretty damn fun.

Well, she's godlike when you do a 2v1 lane-swap. By far one of the most obnoxious supports to have to deal with in that situation. There's not much to her match-ups otherwise: she pokes and she shields. There aren't a lot of enemy duos that she's specifically better or worse against.

I guess Cait/Zyra would probably be her worst lane, other than that, go nuts.

drawkcaB

What enemy comps are good for Karma support? Tried her last night, she's pretty damn fun.

Comps without blink/dash gap closers, but she works against lots of teams. Picking her bot lane is a different story. To be honest I find supports are best picked to mesh with your own composition than to counter the opponent's.

Einbroch

Banned
Well, it says "champion skins" and "skin preview" in the link as the categories for the post, so I'm guessing it's Nasus style Legendary and VU informed by Legendary.

Best of both worlds!

Rumble is one of the only champions that I cannot play worth a damn, but VU's are always exciting.

garath

I think you should give him a go for a few games. He's actually pretty damn good. Ganks and deals damage early almost as well as the current crop of top rated junglers but also scales well into late game thanks to some very strong item paths. I'm about to finish my jungle marathon and he's going to find a spot in my jungle picks for sure.

I'll give him a shot in the new carry jungle but I don't think it will go too well He doesn't fit into the current top tier crop of carry champs. The current ones have either high scaling (like Pantheon, khazix), have escapes or natural tankiness when building damage (khazix, wukong), have nasty hard CC (Vi, Wukong ult, Pantheon) or just do it all (Elise).

I've found him to be much too snowbally post nerfs. He NEEDS to land some ganks to get rolling else he'll get out scaled by pretty much every other popular jungler. He only has his ult and Q that get any benefit from building AD and that's not a lot of it. He has a gap closer but no escape and his only CC requires hitting someone three times.

He was solid when his base damage allowed him to build tanky but now? I don't even know what I'd build on him. Probably Lizard, brutalizer, randuins or something. Still don't know if that'd do the trick.

Eh. I could be wrong.

edit: to put it in perspective, 1 Pantheon Q does more damage than Xin's Q if you land all three hits. Same with Elise's Q, Vi's Q, Khazix's Q. And each one of them (except khazix) has a gap closer and hard CC that doesn't require 3 hits. Khazix makes up for the lack of hard CC with his slow and more damage than the others.

edit2: Dont' get me wrong. I love Xin. He was my most played champ early S3. The repeated nerfs hit him real hard though. Hasn't really recovered.

well parrot said if they were gonna make a new skin for rumble it'd probably require a complete vu since his rig isn't so good

i reckon they might want to throw a legendary or ultimate or whatever since the work they'd be putting in is already pretty huge
Yeah, plus he hasn't gotten a skin ever since he was released 3 years ago, he kinda deserves it.

One perfect, hitting all 5 enemies man-drop into critting my E and killing every fucking thing is all I needed to cheer myself up out of this tilt.
I cant enter Lol. it says undefined so i tried to change the region, it tries to update but it cant.
Starting the maintenance for 4.4 perhaps?

I was playing literally seconds ago. I just closed my client and now I get undefined as well.

One perfect, hitting all 5 enemies man-drop into critting my E and killing every fucking thing is all I needed to cheer myself up out of this tilt.

Starting the maintenance for 4.4 perhaps?

I was playing literally seconds ago. I just closed my client and now I get undefined as well.

I'm on the client, and an exclamation point JUST popped up saying ranked has been disabled due to people having issues logging in.

drawkcaB

I'll give him a shot in the new carry jungle but I don't think it will go too well He doesn't fit into the current top tier crop of carry champs. The current ones have either high scaling (like Pantheon, khazix), have escapes or natural tankiness when building damage (khazix, wukong), have nasty hard CC (Vi, Wukong ult, Pantheon) or just do it all (Elise).

I've found him to be much too snowbally post nerfs. He NEEDS to land some ganks to get rolling else he'll get out scaled by pretty much every other popular jungler. He only has his ult and Q that get any benefit from building AD and that's not a lot of it. He has a gap closer but no escape and his only CC requires hitting someone three times.

He was solid when his base damage allowed him to build tanky but now? I don't even know what I'd build on him. Probably Lizard, brutalizer, randuins or something. Still don't know if that'd do the trick.

Eh. I could be wrong.

edit: to put it in perspective, 1 Pantheon Q does more damage than Xin's Q if you land all three hits. Same with Elise's Q, Vi's Q, Khazix's Q. And each one of them (except khazix) has a gap closer and hard CC that doesn't require 3 hits. Khazix makes up for the lack of hard CC with his slow and more damage than the others.

edit2: Dont' get me wrong. I love Xin. He was my most played champ early S3. The repeated nerfs hit him real hard though. Hasn't really recovered.

I wrote a wall of text and then erased it, but I'll just say disagree with your assessment. His nerfs weren't even that bad. The damage loss even at level 9 is less than an auto attack.

I'd buy that Corki skin if i didn't have UFO Corki from beta (or was it King Rammus that was beta?). I wish Corki was more viable. He's one of my favorite ADCs

dimb

xin zhao is alright. his clears are just weak. if you look at the top tier junglers right now all of them have excellent clear speed that most other junglers can't match.

dimb

Panth is kinda slow, no? At least early on.
he does okay. the most important thing for very early clears before spirit stone is sustain, and pantheon gets a decent amount of that with his shield. once he gets sotel he can really tear through camps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom