• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
he does okay. the most important thing for very early clears before spirit stone is sustain, and pantheon gets a decent amount of that with his shield. once he gets sotel he can really tear through camps.

Yeah, I'm really only comparing him to Vi, who has her E. Panth's E doesn't really do much to creeps until you start maxing it.

drawkcaB

xin zhao is alright. his clears are just weak. if you look at the top tier junglers right now all of them have excellent clear speed that most other junglers can't match.

I'm not even sure I'd say they're weak. Average sure. Once he has level 3 E with spirit stone he clears fast enough. I never feel like my clear times are holding me back from what I need to get done. New Wriggle's helped out a ton in that regard when I fooled around with clearing speeds on the PBE.

Patch notes are officially up. Here's hoping for more Naut buffs (I don't think those buffs will help) and some Sejuani buffs in the future. I miss playing them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not even sure I'd say they're weak. Average sure.
it's all relative. compared to the junglers that everyone plays xin zhao is slow, and the lack of aoe clear hurts his midgame clearing a lot. the new wriggles upgrade can potentially change a lot though, we'll see if it's enough to help auto-attack dependent champs. riot still doesn't have a solution for tank champ clears though.

sleepykyo

lee sin is the fourth most popular champion in na and eu...
and the higher you go the more popular he gets. third most picked in plat. second most picked in diamond/challenger.

Which supports my statement that Lee is perfect. Lee Sin needs some nerfs or they could just start buffing a lot of the others to compensate.

drawkcaB

it's all relative. compared to the junglers that everyone plays xin zhao is slow, and the lack of aoe clear hurts his midgame clearing a lot. the new wriggles upgrade can potentially change a lot though, we'll see if it's enough to help auto-attack dependent champs.

I max E first and once I pick up SotAG/SotEL his AoE clear is good too because getting two quick uses off per camp is easy. Not as fast as the top tier junglers, sure, but I don't think he's slow. Maybe playing junglers like Skarner and Udyr has spoiled you =P.

Agreed on the tank clears, save Nautilus and Amumu. Just awful clear times.

Snowman

Which supports my statement that Lee is perfect. Lee Sin needs some nerfs or they could just start buffing a lot of the others to compensate.

He has a pretty mediocre win rate though, at like a constant 48% I'm not saying that means he's not overpowered, but it's probably a better indicator of balance than how many people play him :p

Boken

Banned
lee sins win rate doesnt surpass 50% until plat~diamond

n thats good.

i think tho, that his free flash is pretty obnoxious,. make it cost more if jumping to non champ target or somethin. plus his monster execute isnt in line with other champs right now (nerf them all but leave lee sin at max 400? what)

DeadNames

Banned
Vi/Elise nerfs

praise-the-lord.jpg

mfw

just played my first game ever on lee and went 8/2/10

what a stupid champ

my ping isn't low enough to pull off fancy combos :( i tried to flash kick people a couple of times but it didnt work.

Nekofrog

Banned
JOIN THE PARAGONS

GET DEMOTED AND RE-PROMOTE

story of my life.

but to be fair a lot of the demotes happened when the servers were getting absolutely destroyed. kind of why i just stopped doing ranked and haven't started since. the ddos scared me too much.

Nekofrog

Banned
Well it seems like every time during my peak play hours "ranked has been disabled due to xxxx server condition". And when it comes back on, fuck trying it. Probably still problems.

HOLY FUCK THOSE PATCH NOTES

Motherfuckers...get ready for the rise of AP KOG MAW.

maxresdefault.jpg

AP Kog is a hyper carry right NOW without these buffs. Granted, his early game is pretty bad but he starts to spike hard mid and late game. This is with essentially only two spells he uses regularly.

Now his Q is viable as FUCK. Increased range? Increased base damage? 20/22/24/26/28% SHRED OF BOTH MR AND ARMOR? HOLY HELL. The slightly lower AP ratio don't mean anything.

Oh wait, it's a skill shot now? WHO GIVES A SHIT?? You don't really use Q to trade in lane now because of the range. When you do use it, it's to defend against an all-in where the other carry is close enough to land it, meaning it'll be simple enough in that situation.

Plus, with his E unchanged, the slow will make it easy to land as a combo.

AND WHAT ABOUT THAT W??? Free easy lane harassment. FREE. All damn day. With just a few levels, most mids aren't going to be able to deal with it.

AND IT GETS BETTER! His core item (tear) was recently buffed.

The only thing that will stop him is hard counter AP assassins like Lebonkers, Graggy, etc. Believe though, the Lebonkers nerfs are coming.

Unfortunately, once people wise up, the AP Kog nerfs will come as well.

Calling it now, AP Kog FOTM and immediate nerfs, rendering his ADC role weaker again. They're gonna have to flat-out remake him at some point.

sleepykyo

He has a pretty mediocre win rate though, at like a constant 48% I'm not saying that means he's not overpowered, but it's probably a better indicator of balance than how many people play him :p

Doesn't the relatively high skill barrier combined with possible mirror lee-sins (blind pick modes), pull his win rate down?

Looking over the league pedia stuff, Lee's 2014 win rate has been amazing (outside of the NA).
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Lee_Sin_-_The_Blind_Monk

Meanwhile Vi has a mediocre win rate.
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Vi_-_the_Piltover_Enforcer

And Elise ... well she is the most banned jungler. And deservedly so.
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Elise_-_The_Spider_Queen

So Attack Damage, Speed and Critical?

No Attack Speed, and usually not Critical either.

AD Casters do almost all their damage with their spells, so they don't build with the assumption they're going to get to auto-attack freely. Instead, they build straight AD, Armor Penetration, and Cooldown Reduction.

So, for Talon it's usually something like Brutalizer -> Bloodthirster -> Last Whisper, though depending on the lane you might grab a Hexdrinker in there rather than BT, and a lot of the time the BT will have to get put off until you get a defensive item. You could maybe also make a case for BotRK just for the active.

Tiamat's also a possibility, depending on the lane, but it's not super great on Talon. He's kind of a mess, itemization wise, unless you're playing him in the jungle (in which case Elder Lizard fills out his build neatly).

drawkcaB

I would say it's a lot more of an indicator than how popular the champion is tho

But why use that as a metric when we actually have pick/ban rates as well?

BurnOutBrighter said:
Aww yeah, time to pick up Nautilus again.

I don't see these nerfs helping all that much. 5% bonus health isn't all that great because it's still tied to an ability with an 18s cooldown. Speaking of which, the only place I see this helping Naut is clearing when you have 4+ points in Titan's Wrath early and mid-game. He clears so fast with it right now that it's still on cooldown by the time he gets to the next camp.

He needs something else. His CC isn't enough alone to justify picking him right now in light of other weaknesses.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if new lich bane might be a fun item to try on adc ezreal

like it's less damage but it's cheaper and it gives you some random magic damage which coupled with like sorc shoes might be kind of cool

probably not viable but maybe i'll try it lol

also so sad to see lux's name and yet another who the fuck cares indicator change

I don't see these nerfs helping all that much. 5% bonus health isn't all that great because it's still tied to an ability with an 18s cooldown. Speaking of which, the only place I see this helping Naut is clearing when you have 4+ points in Titan's Wrath early and mid-game. He clears so fast with it right now that it's still on cooldown by the time he gets to the next camp.

He needs something else. His CC isn't enough alone to justify picking him right now in light of other weaknesses.

I don't think he's that bad. He's got nothing but buffs since preseason, but the meta changed around him. Tankiness is now handled by top laners so junglers are focused on damage.

I've heard she was regarded as a weak champ on release. She didn't pick up momentum until a few months after.

She was. I recall on release people were confused about her, and mostly as an AP mid for a bit. It took some time for people to figure her out, much like Orianna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom