• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

4R6GAtJ.png

drawkcaB

So uh, does anyone else think Orianna is broken as hell?

Broken? No, she has a healthy kit unlike say, Gragas. Overtuned though. She could use either a hit to her passive to make her early game harder or go the other way and slightly shave some AP ratios to reduce late game damage. Wouldn't mind seeing the armour or MR bonus removed from her shield beforehand though. Seems like extraneous power to an already useful skill.

Broken? No, she has a healthy kit unlike say, Gragas. Overtuned though. She could use either a hit to her passive to make her early game harder or go the other way and slightly shave some AP ratios to reduce late game damage. Wouldn't mind seeing the armour or MR bonus removed from her shield beforehand though. Seems like extraneous power to an already useful skill.

They'd have to buff her base armor at least if that pushes through. She's about as squishy as Sona.

Newt

Meh, Ori takes a lot of skill and coordination to play. They just need to go on a crackdown on the braindead powerful champions like Wukong and Leona.

Snowman

Meh, Ori takes a lot of skill and coordination to play. They just need to go on a crackdown on the braindead powerful champions like Wukong and Leona.

Leona is nowhere near as "braindead powerful" as wukong though, she at least takes a little skill.

Oh shit, Karma support was played competitively. I wanted to keep her a secret. I was trying her during this free week, with the new spellthief changes, and she feels really good. Now she'll be nerfed :(

Well, maybe if she continues to be a thing and puts up good showings elsewhere. No champion is likely to be nerfed based only on the results of IEM, though, because most of the matches are hilarious mismatches between teams that have no idea how to handle each other's champion pools, so it's difficult to glean any real balance data.

About the only thing you could reasonably guess is that Lulu will probably be nerfed, because she had a completely ridiculous pick/ban rate.

Ferga

I really really really like karma. She can be used for every role except adc.

Karma jungle is amazing for dragon control and the ganks are bound to force a flash. She can kite with red+q slows and her counterganks are beastly.

Only weakness in it is you're very vulnerable while doing buffs. But once you get your spirit item, the game gets so fun and you lose little to no hp farming.

Dont try it without cdr blue runes though.

i legitimately cant remember what junglers were meta back in s3

like, elise and jarvan and...?

edit: zac i guess was in there. lee as always.

Aatrox for a while, Xin Zhao. Vi was still played, just not as much. A lot of people tried to make Nunu work, albeit usually without much success.

Technically Amumu was meta during the very early part of the season (Curse of the Sad Bullet Time/Cleaver Fever period), but that didn't last particularly long.

Aatrox for a while, Xin Zhao. Vi was still played, just not as much. A lot of people tried to make Nunu work, albeit usually without much success.

Technically Amumu was meta during the very early part of the season (Curse of the Sad Bullet Time/Cleaver Fever period), but that didn't last particularly long.

Nunu was like REAL strong on that one patch that changed jungle spawn times, but that was really it.

Zac was pick or ban, though he was also frequently taken top.

I should try semi-carry build J4. Tank jungle J4 really sucked when I played him a while ago. Horrendous clears. :/

Ashhong

After a long hard struggle, I have reached my promos for Gold again. I started season 4 at Silver 1, went to promos, lost like 6 games in a row and kept plummeting all the way down to the depths of Silver 4.

It was some hard work but I have arrived. Now to win 3 out of 5!

Kenai

Karma jungle is amazing for dragon control and the ganks are bound to force a flash. She can kite with red+q slows and her counterganks are beastly.

Only weakness in it is you're very vulnerable while doing buffs. But once you get your spirit item, the game gets so fun and you lose little to no hp farming.

I love, love, love Karma but she is not my favorite solo laner because not being able to harass through minions much at all vs another ranged drives me nuts. She has some matchups that she does almost hilariously well against that most mage types have a hard time with (like Fizz and Alaki) but so much of her damage is loaded into her Q that if her opponent can farm/last from behind the minion wave it can be a real pain. It's the same in teamfights, a lot of her damage is blocked off by the front line.

I love using her as support though. can easily Q around minions from the bush, her poke works perfectly with the spellthief line, and if they try to engage they get rooted. I've also got a few good "baits" off with her R+W+E, fools a lot of people so that they focus on me while my ADC just gets ignored and destroys them. Doesn't always work though...

If i ever get the hang of jungling she might be my gateway drug into it (either her or Fizz).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
jjInzsm.jpg

IQoUOIS.jpg

now it's your turn stone ocean. :3

just remember if you're burned out on bot lane, the xerath freelo train will welcome you aboard.

PC or Xbox One? Reason I ask is bc I'm thinking about buying an xbox one and want Titanfall, but I dunno if it's worth spending the $500 for it.
If you're going to spend that much money on hardware, just spend it on better PC components. Way too many problems with the X-bone to justify buying one right now, even if it's to play with friends.

I'm surprised that very few have yet to give Karma a more serious whirl in the competitive scene, with a lot of them hopping on the lane Lulu bandwagon for the poke damage + utility combo. Karma would also be a solid pick-up against Sivir, since her Mantra'd shield is good for disengaging / chasing.

i legitimately cant remember what junglers were meta back in s3.
Nautilus, Hecarim, Amumu, Jarvan IV, Nunu, Xin Zhao, Volibear, Zac, Aatrox and Nocturne come to mind alongside those that are still being played nowadays.

I was actually thinking of Lizard->Tiamat. I tried Cleaver rush before but it didn't help much with clears.

Yeah that would definitely work. I think I remember reading that Hydra does more damage than Cleaver in most scenarios anyway. Would depend if the other team has a fed Shyvana or something. You would go Cleaver more for the armor shred combined with J4's q more than anything.

I've had 3 successive ranked games where I've played well on Lee Sin. I just had a pretty drawn out but methodical game where my team got picks and then got a baron, had a nice slow siege up mid to take inhib, ace them again, get baron again, ace again and end. The other team had a really fed Renekton early game but he build pure ad (like no defense at all, going Cleaver/Hydra/LW/Yomuus) so when we focused him he just melted. First gank of the game was pretty annoying/funny, our Gragas got outplayed mid and Riven had like 10% hp, I run into lane from side but have no trinket to ward hop, Riven runs through river to their blue where she recalls while I chase after missing my q. After missing my q (to be fair, she had gone into fog of war and I threw my q straight where she was going) I started getting flamed by Gragas mid gank which wasn't encouraging. Managed to kill Riven but fed a kill to Renekton in the process but w/e. Managed to camp bot pretty hard since the other team's Drav/Morg was constantly over extended and we had a good Thresh, so late game we had a fed Lucian with somewhat fed me (8-3-13 but it's not like it would make much difference on a Lee Sin) and a breaking even Gragas.

now it's your turn stone ocean. :3

just remember if you're burned out on bot lane, the xerath freelo train will welcome you aboard.
Congrats

I just managed to fall to Silver 2, I feel like shit. I guess it's time for Fiora to return. But not now though, I need a break from this shit.

Snowman

Just got plat 3, after 2 failed promotion series before this. Feels good, wonder if I can actually get diamond soon or if I'm gonna get stuck at high plat for a long time.

zkylon

zkylewd
they'd have to buff her base stats if they ever go along with removing her armor/mr. like she's got some of the weakest base stats in the game, if sona's a caster minion she's a melee minion, and she also has a low aa range and lowest movement speed in the game (tho her w kind of remedies this).

i think ori's really good where she's at, she really has very few weaknesses (tho they're very exploitable) and is a blast to play, plus she contributes to her team meaningfully at every point in the game.

i mean i feel she's good in a way that isn't problematic, she doesn't make other mages unviable or is pick/ban every game, she's got real strong counters like high mobility and denying her blue buff and shutting her down early thanks to her lack of escapes+low ms/low aa range+weak early waveclear, and you usually feel outplayed when she beats you.

mid as a whole is pretty alright right now, even tho there's a bunch of leading champions there's lots of variety and the lane's pretty fun to play, specially since jungle's filled with the assassin types and 2v2 fights go pretty crazy sometimes.

i really wish they nerfed yasuu tho, i really don't understand what that guy's weakpoint is :/

Snowman

i really wish they nerfed yasuu tho, i really don't understand what that guy's weakpoint is :/

Yasuo doesn't seem all that strong to me this latest patch, at least not on his own. Pair him up with a wukong and he's a pain in the ass but yeah, not had much trouble with him lately.

zkylon

zkylewd
only bad thing about ori is not enough skins :I

Yasuo doesn't seem all that strong to me this latest patch, at least not on his own. Pair him up with a wukong and he's a pain in the ass but yeah, not had much trouble with him lately.
yea i just personally don't know how to deal with him. haven't been playing much since 4.3 tho

Snowman

yea i just personally don't know how to deal with him. haven't been playing much since 4.3 tho

Dunno what champs you play, but in general play safe early in lane, harass him when you can, then just focus the shit out of him when he ults into teamfights.

Snowman

mostly ori, syndra and lebonk right now

Yeah dude, just try and stay out of range of him, careful when he has his 3 q stacks and whenever he has his shield up try to auto him and let it wear off before harassing. Careful of standing too near your minions because of that dash and you should be okay! Once you get to 6 on those champs you should be able to kill him if he fucks up by just bursting him down ezpz

Boken

Banned
mostly ori, syndra and lebonk right now

weird, feels like it'll be a small patch since i can't think many things in it

like maybe kassa rework?

new heimer too

stolen from reddit

Kassadin Rework & VFX probably in this patch,
Heimerdinger VU,
Summoner spell VFX, SFX,
Minion / Monster Aggro VFX,
Support Annie changes (base dmgs + ratio, Q cd halving on kill, range change reverted)
Diana passive up 0,8 from 0,6 ap ratio,
Ton of Elise changes,
Little Ezreal, Fizz, TF Buffs,
Lich bane nerfs,
Kog maw changes,
Nautilus buffs ( Titan's Wrath ( W ) cooldown lowered to 18 at all ranks from 22/21/20/19/18 ,
Titan's Wrath ( W ) shield increased to 15% of his bonus health from 10% of his bonus health )
Sivir nerfs,
Tristana got her Q costs no mana,
Udyr bear stance stun now every 5 seconds instead of 6,
Vi got some changes on her Q & R,
Varus skin

list of current pbe shizzle: http://www.surrenderat20.net/p/current-pbe-balance-changes.html

drawkcaB

I'm surprised that very few have yet to give Karma a more serious whirl in the competitive scene, with a lot of them hopping on the lane Lulu bandwagon for the poke damage + utility combo. Karma would also be a solid pick-up against Sivir, since her Mantra'd shield is good for disengaging / chasing.

Probably because of the dominance of Thresh/Leona/Annie in the support role. My own experience with Karma was that she pokes better than Lulu (largely because of mantra-Qs) but is poor vs. hard CC all-ins. Her snare as a disengage tool isn't remotely as good as polymorph if you get caught. Late game I found them to be about even in potential (both beasts), but better in different team compositions.

Nautilus, Hecarim, Amumu, Jarvan IV, Nunu, Xin Zhao, Volibear, Zac, Aatrox and Nocturne come to mind alongside those that are still being played nowadays.

Nasus jungle hasn't been mentioned. Udyr saw a bit of competitive play in the LCS as well.

Boken

Banned
the OPness of spellthief means zyra, morg, karma (even lulu if she wuznt better mid) r back 4 supports. i wudnt be surprised if we saw sum kennen support 2

sona pls go get some meat on bones n come back with 30 more hp

garath

Zyra.. mm.. forgot about her. I had a really high winrate on her S2? into S3 as support. Spellthief WOULD be nice on her.

Elise nerfs make me sad but I understand. We'll see how bad they are. She's stupid strong in the right hands.

drawkcaB

Zyra.. mm.. forgot about her. I had a really high winrate on her S2? into S3 as support.

Elise nerfs make me sad but I understand. We'll see how bad they are. She's stupid strong in the right hands.

Zyra is still my best support win rate wise in S4 and I haven't even tried her yet with the new spellthief. Still an awesome support bot lane as far as I'm concerned. Just wish they throw about +0.1 to 0.15 on her AP ratios to make her a bit more viable. Not sure why that was acceptable for Annie but not Zyra.

(still bitter)

Whether or not the nerfs hurt Elise doesn't really matter, she'll still need a Lee Sin like rework. These nerfs are just to pull her back from permabanned status.

Those Elise nerfs don't change anything to be honest.

Like she won't do Dragon as fast, but half a second won't stop you from dying if she lands a cocoon and you still won't outsmite her unless you're Lee Sin. Plus if you get hit by a cocoon late game you're extra dead.

zkylon

zkylewd
What was the flash for?
style points

like you think you got moves lee seen!? HERES SOEM MOVESS

stolen from reddit

Kassadin Rework & VFX probably in this patch,
Heimerdinger VU,
Summoner spell VFX, SFX,
Minion / Monster Aggro VFX,
Support Annie changes (base dmgs + ratio, Q cd halving on kill, range change reverted)
Diana passive up 0,8 from 0,6 ap ratio,
Ton of Elise changes,
Little Ezreal, Fizz, TF Buffs,
Lich bane nerfs,
Kog maw changes,
Nautilus buffs ( Titan's Wrath ( W ) cooldown lowered to 18 at all ranks from 22/21/20/19/18 ,
Titan's Wrath ( W ) shield increased to 15% of his bonus health from 10% of his bonus health )
Sivir nerfs,
Tristana got her Q costs no mana,
Udyr bear stance stun now every 5 seconds instead of 6,
Vi got some changes on her Q & R,
Varus skin

list of current pbe shizzle: http://www.surrenderat20.net/p/current-pbe-balance-changes.html
ty. also it's really cool that s@20's making this like pbe state thingie.

anyways, kind of hate that they're nerfing annie support but eh, maybe if you start spellthief you won't notice the change

the OPness of spellthief means zyra, morg, karma (even lulu if she wuznt better mid) r back 4 supports. i wudnt be surprised if we saw sum kennen support 2

sona pls go get some meat on bones n come back with 30 more hp
yeah, spellthief isn't so great on sona either since q is unreliable as hell.

dunno if better base stats will help her. if her spells were unnerfed she'd be strong in the poke-game since she can reply and sustain up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom