• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
iem delivered, even if these finals were pretty onesided and fnc vs mil was a nightmare for the ages, all worth staying up all night

ok gonna drop dead now, gotta reset my sleeping schedule

The Korean fans are still going to make fun of Ryu, because he honestly had a completely underwhelming performance. Score and Leopard were carrying him.

I've not seen any of the IEM. Was too angry after the mid-week server meltdowns
and not being able to pull myself away from Titanfeed.

Blizzard

Banned
Nope, Thresh. They even asked the first pick not to ban Thresh so they could play him.

The game after that, we had a Shaco immediately rage after his second blue was stolen and I was asking him to try to get it when the timer comes up and I ping, since Vi was stealing it. I said I would try to help it not be stolen, but he got mad and said afk 10 minutes, bought the AD snowball item presumably as a troll, repeatedly wandered around dying in lane, to jungle monsters, to enemies, and went afk for a while.

We still won because THEIR jungler went afk at one point, and then their support went afk.

So that's a total of like, 4 people raging and 3 afk out of 2 ranked games in a row. I might be done for the day. :p

PC or Xbox One? Reason I ask is bc I'm thinking about buying an xbox one and want Titanfall, but I dunno if it's worth spending the $500 for it.

Both.

If you've got a decent enough PC and friends on it then get it for PC I suppose. Main reason I got it on XB1 too was to play with IRL chums.

Edwardo

I've missed a good chunk of IEM. What games are great for watching guys?

iG vs KTB and game 2 of KTB vs Gambit.

Yea I second those ones.

Both.

If you've got a decent enough PC and friends on it then get it for PC I suppose. Main reason I got it on XB1 too was to play with IRL chums.

Ya a bunch of my IRL buddies got the xbox one. I have a pretty good laptop, but I've always wanted a nice desktop to play on.

Are there any fun bottom lane compositions for my friends and me to try? We're not too serious about winning Normals, so I was wondering what sort of wacky combinations you guys can think of.

Blizzard

Banned
Are there any fun bottom lane compositions for my friends and me to try? We're not too serious about winning Normals, so I was wondering what sort of wacky combinations you guys can think of.
Pantheon Leona used to be fun, or J4 Leona, or maybe J4 Pantheon as suggested.

I like Caitlyn Jinx for the long-range damage snare lane.

falastini

Oh shit, Karma support was played competitively. I wanted to keep her a secret. I was trying her during this free week, with the new spellthief changes, and she feels really good. Now she'll be nerfed :(

Quinn + Panth is a lot of fun.

Darius + Nidalee too. Fiora + Blitz. Quinn + Jarvan. Leona + Jarvan. Blitz + Panth.

That's what happens when a botlaner doesn't manage their diet. Need that daily dosage of Draaaven.

Edit: Holy shit, you weren't kidding, lol.
No amount of Draven would've fixed those matches.

Play immobile carry? I play like shit and get rekt
Play safe, mobile carry? I don't get caught, but either my support feeds in my place or whatever kills that happen bot lane don't go to me and I just fall behind further and further.

I'm not even doing that bad, but it's like every single lane is getting fed while I feed their adc. What a nightmare. I'm not going near bot lane any time soon.

So what does everyone think of Vel'koz? I played him in an aram, and he's pretty fun. I'm not sure how viable he is, though. Even though his damage is good, he's very immobile and his slow skillshots would be all but useless against the common mids.

Nekofrog

Banned
So what does everyone think of Vel'koz? I played him in an aram, and he's pretty fun. I'm not sure how viable he is, though. Even though his damage is good, he's very immobile and his slow skillshots would be all but useless against the common mids.

I think he has a couple of problems that keeps him from being viable. His ratios are too damn low, requiring at -least- 3 items before he even starts to do anything helpful for the team. His mana costs are REALLY low to compensate for his lack of damage, however, and if they DID buff his ratios, he'd suddenly become really fucking strong with the low mana spell spam.

It's also really easy to fuck his ult up. Not the best, but not the worst.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm starting to get better about not dying, but I continue to feel like he is a bit of a hard mode mid, and other mids offer more, or similar to what he does, but possibly in a safer or better manner.

He's quite fun if you have chalice or blue buff to hit spells with though. Newt mocked me for wanting max CDR, but 35% or higher CDR really seems nice to have on him.

I feel like on paper Liandry's would make great sense as a core/early item on him, since Q, R and maybe even E would all benefit from the damage boost, plus the spell penetration would make sense with his low ratios. Newt disagreed on that too though. Does anyone know how to run the numbers with say, QWER, liandry's vs. QWER, void staff? All other factors being the same? I'm curious if there is a lot of difference in the damage.

Nekofrog

Banned
I'm starting to get better about not dying, but I continue to feel like he is a bit of a hard mode mid, and other mids offer more, or similar to what he does, but possibly in a safer or better manner.

He's quite fun if you have chalice or blue buff to hit spells with though. Newt mocked me for wanting max CDR, but 35% or higher CDR really seems nice to have on him.

I feel like on paper Liandry's would make great sense as a core/early item on him, since Q, R and maybe even E would all benefit from the damage boost, plus the spell penetration would make sense with his low ratios. Newt disagreed on that too though. Does anyone know how to run the numbers with say, QWER, liandry's vs. QWER, void staff? All other factors being the same? I'm curious if there is a lot of difference in the damage.

Tbh I wasn't digging your build on him, either. His mana costs are low and his mana regen is decent, so you really don't need to rush a chalice for the regen or CDR. From what I've played of him, you absolutely MUST get AP/MPen as fast as possible on him. Sorc boots/void staff/deathcap, in that order possibly. If you are really hurting for mana, throw a chalice in there I guess. Liandry's doesn't seem effective on him to me.

Blizzard

Banned
Tbh I wasn't digging your build on him, either. His mana costs are low and his mana regen is decent, so you really don't need to rush a chalice for the regen or CDR. From what I've played of him, you absolutely MUST get AP/MPen as fast as possible on him. Sorc boots/void staff/deathcap, in that order possibly. If you are really hurting for mana, throw a chalice in there I guess. Liandry's doesn't seem effective on him to me.
I feel I always run out of mana quick even if I'm not spamming spells. I don't have mana runes though. I'm very curious about the numbers comparing void staff versus liandry's.

Why deathcap with mediocre AP ratios? Or am I crazy and the AP ratios are actually good?

Leezard

I feel I always run out of mana quick even if I'm not spamming spells. I don't have mana runes though. I'm very curious about the numbers comparing void staff versus liandry's.

Why deathcap with mediocre AP ratios? Or am I crazy and the AP ratios are actually good?

I think only the ult has an underwhelming ratio, his other spells are fine. The W has a really good ratio if you actually hit all 4 hits.

I think people overestimate Liandry's power in many cases.

ALN1031

His ult ratio is really bad, but it does 900 base damage max level if you hit the whole thing so mpen is definitely better if we're just talking about his ult. His other spell ratios are decent, but the catch with his spells is that you always want to spam them in a combo, not randomly throw them out like say, Gragas barrels or nidalee spears. That's why you want cdr and mana so you can spam his combos for days. His passive gives a really unexpected burst of damage when it can activate multiple times. That's my opinion on him from the little I've played. I've had tons of fun wrecking Vel'Koz though. The hilarity when Vel'koz ulted me and I jumped over him as Kha'Zix, lol.

I agree in that Void Staff is probably better than Liandry.

Blizzard

Banned
I think only the ult has an underwhelming ratio, his other spells are fine. The W has a really good ratio if you actually hit all 4 hits.

I think people overestimate Liandry's power in many cases.
And maybe I am too, which is why I wish there was an easy way to calculate the numbers. I just know basically nothing about it and math is hard etc. :p

The hilarity when Vel'koz ulted me and I jumped over him as Kha'Zix, lol.
Yep, anyone with an abrupt movement ability is the worst, and nowadays lots of champions seem to have one. If you can even do one flash-distance worth of movement, you've negated the majority of the ult damage.

Ferga

It's true that InSec did kick someone on Lee Sin once.

I always liked him more for his Kha and Jungle Zed play, though. Especially since he was doing it when it was a completely moronic idea and somehow making it work.

But zed jungle worked at the time. His clear speed was insane. I think it was top 3 behind Udyr and shyvana

Boken

Banned
QDsY7sF.png

How do i fucking go verses rengar? he just pops our adc every time...

Run a comp with no adc. Ziggs/Leona bot lane. Build zhonyas :p

For real though not sure how to deal with him.

And after my 8 win streak, I had a 4 loss streak where I was playing well in every loss which sucked, some epic throws too. But then I just broke it in a game where the team with Renekton and Lee sin outscaled their team. It didn't make sense. Our bot was completely useless and they had a 10-2 graves.
Pretty sure ziggs did like 99% of the damage but their poppy kept ulting ezreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom