• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

i havent played a lot of ad post patch but i can see an argument for crit rng kind of being hard to plan for versus a set +ad and ls

hahahhahaha, all that bitching about curse and they go ahead and do this.

Well I mean it's fair.

The issue with Curse voice for them was that people were getting timers through a third party application than not everybody had, meaning some people had a clear advantage.

Standardising it within their own client and making the information available to everyone without extra third party workarounds makes a whole lot of sense.

It's nice that they realised this is a worthwhile addition to the game and acted on it, instead of just outlawing Curse voice and ignoring a worthwhile feature.

zkylon

zkylewd
If you looked at forums most people were bitching about them being used at all.
oh i thought you meant riot was bitching

nvm me then :3

my only problem with the jungle timers is that they seem to clutter the screen more than i wish they would:

tm.png

like i'd rather they just logged in chat or something

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Well I mean it's fair.

The issue with Curse voice for them was that people were getting timers through a third party application than not everybody had, meaning some people had a clear advantage.

Standardising it within their own client and making the information available to everyone without extra third party workarounds makes a whole lot of sense.

It's nice that they realised this is a worthwhile addition to the game and acted on it, instead of just outlawing Curse voice and ignoring a worthwhile feature.

in their own words, that was not the issue. hence curse voice still being banned long after those features are gone.

besides, knowing about and using lolnexus is an advantage, but you dont see anyone crying about that.

in their own words, that was not the issue. hence curse voice still being banned long after those features are gone.

besides, knowing about and using lolnexus is an advantage, but you dont see anyone crying about that.

have you got a link to that?

because everything I saw from them re: Curse Voice was that it was a third party application that overlaid on the game and gave certain people information on the screen that people without it wouldn't have, including jungle and ult timers.

Same with the voice stuff which is why it's still not allowed.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well maybe i aint so bad at league, i played my provisional games and im in silver 2 now. Woulda been in silver 1 if kass could actually handle a mid j4.

zkylon

zkylewd
mid j4 is a beast, specially against someone like kassadin who's melee, has a shitty early game and suddenly his q doesn't do anything

Riot Ranked game log for today:

Total AFKs: 3
Total Feeders/Ragers: 2

Some nice highlights
  • Had a Lux mid claim that the enemy Cassiopia was using a script for auto attacking, so afk'ed.
  • Had a 1-7 Yas top raging at the jungler whole game for not ganking
  • Had a EZ claim he had a black screen and afked until the 17 minute mark

All the above people... Gold 1 to Plat 5.... good stuff. I actually think the higher I get, the more dumbfounded I get with some people haha.

drawkcaB

Right, but the problem is that you can't go BT as an alternative. You'll lose that fight every time. There's essentially one path for ADCs now for first item.

Nothing's really changed then because IE wasn't an alternative to BT either. Several ADCs can still start off with BotRK.

zkylon said:
my only problem with the jungle timers is that they seem to clutter the screen more than i wish they would:

Rest of the HUD seems at default size, so I'm sure it the timer portion can be scaled down. And lol, just when I finally got used to typing down all my timers. Oh well, I still think this is a welcome addition to the game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
have you got a link to that?

because everything I saw from them re: Curse Voice was that it was a third party application that overlaid on the game and gave certain people information on the screen that people without it wouldn't have, including jungle and ult timers.

Same with the voice stuff which is why it's still not allowed.
we already have third party applications that give certain people information that other people who do not use those applications would not otherwise get. ie: lolnexus.

and curse voice in particular did not give you information regular players did not have access to as far as the jungle timers were concerned. it only worked if the jungle death timer was in your teams chat.
crBMAMu.jpg

someone should make curse-voice 'two monitors edition'.

Mothman91

mid j4 is a beast, specially against someone like kassadin who's melee, has a shitty early game and suddenly his q doesn't do anything

Haha yup, he's a beast at mid. Playing him against an Anivia a couple days ago. Once I got lvl 2 and jumped to her. she was useless as long as I dodged her Q. After her first death within a few minutes, she flamed me and afk'd lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
The cass script is actually real, used, and supposed to be really good. If you see someone using a Cass you should be very suspect, because people rarely play her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8nD4JS_kps
i play her <3

i wish there was like an attack move option for her e tho so i could shoot from my back like that guy

Rest of the HUD seems at default size, so I'm sure it the timer portion can be scaled down. And lol, just when I finally got used to typing down all my timers. Oh well, I still think this is a welcome addition to the game.

yea i prolly get used to it but i don't like scaling down the hud so the less clutter the better

Haha yup, he's a beast at mid. Playing him against an Anivia a couple days ago. Once I got lvl 2 and jumped to her. she was useless as long as I dodged her Q. After her first death within a few minutes, she flamed me and afk'd lol.
yea he was my goto cheese in s3, i would like go something like hydra, bruta, trinity force and last whisper lol

so dumb

Woah really??? WTF, I thought the person was blowing smoke at me haha. Wow.
yeah, it's fairly well known

but from experience imma just bet the guy was simply raging

like cass can shit on almost anyone if played well, one wrong move and you're fucked against her, specially if she's running exhaust like i like to do

we already have third party applications that give certain people information that other people who do not use those applications would not otherwise get. ie: lolnexus.

and curse voice in particular did not give you information regular players did not have access to as far as the jungle timers were concerned. it only worked if the jungle death timer was in your teams chat.
crBMAMu.jpg

someone should make curse-voice 'two monitors edition'.

the overlay is one of the issues, however the timers and info through a third party app was also one of the main issues.

And Curse Voice did give you info others couldn't directly see and presented it in a way others couldn't see. It had an in-game graphic with a countdown timer for dragon and baron. Other people did not get that. They had to take the death timer, add the requisite amount of minutes for a respawn, enter it in chat and memorise it. They had no visible countdown which was a big advantage.

yeah, it's fairly well known

but from experience imma just bet the guy was simply raging

like cass can shit on almost anyone if played well, one wrong move and you're fucked against her, specially if she's running exhaust like i like to do

Judging from how today has been going, I'd say raging might be accurate :p.

But wow, learned something new today

drawkcaB

Man, nothing else for Nautilus in the PBE patch. I hope the small buff to his passive isn't the only thing they had planned for buffs. His W still needs to be looked at.

Nekofrog

Banned
The cass script is actually real, used, and supposed to be really good. If you see someone using a Cass you should be very suspect, because people rarely play her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8nD4JS_kps

Panda and I had a Cass yesterday... she... was not scripting.

It was one of "those" players. You know, the talkers. The one that comments about every champion selected on your team (that champ sux, so weak), (nasus? you better know how to stack or ur gonna suck).

Proceeded to feed like 8 kills in 15 minutes to mid Ziggs, meanwhile my Nasus is sitting happy top lane shoved to tower with stacks upon stacks upon stacks.

Now, Panda and I DID have a scripting Cass one a few weeks ago. It was so obvious that it was hilarious.

zkylon

zkylewd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiSNHAJHu-c

official new sr preview

some cool things i didn't notice when playing it, but mostly shit we already know

also apparently game is now divided in quadrants lol

It's not random, it's on the minute every minute. No math required!
unless it's night when minutes last 17% longer

or you have bought the carrot soup of magnificence which makes camps spawn only at prime numbers

or you're playing onion bro, the hero that's unaffected by time so he can go to any camp he wants and spawn it with a 23% chance or 29% if he grabs a rune

you know, if enemy team hasn't used the sigil of power and now all your jungle spawning spells just insta kill you

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the overlay is one of the issues, however the timers and info through a third party app was also one of the main issues.

And Curse Voice did give you info others couldn't directly see and presented it in a way others couldn't see. It had an in-game graphic with a countdown timer for dragon and baron. Other people did not get that. They had to take the death timer, add the requisite amount of minutes for a respawn, enter it in chat and memorise it. They had no visible countdown which was a big advantage.
explain to me how using only the client, you can determine that your opponent is using:

- crit % runes
- crit damage runes
- cdr runes
- armour/magic pen runes
- mana/health regen runes
-gp5 runes

because a third party app will tell you that and it's somehow not a problem. I'm not really clear why information not accessible in game is deemed less of an issue compared to information accessible in game + some basic math. The idea that automatically adding 6 minutes to 18:43 is some serious breach of skillcap seems laughable to me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Panda and I had a Cass yesterday... she... was not scripting.

It was one of "those" players. You know, the talkers. The one that comments about every champion selected on your team (that champ sux, so weak), (nasus? you better know how to stack or ur gonna suck).

Proceeded to feed like 8 kills in 15 minutes to mid Ziggs, meanwhile my Nasus is sitting happy top lane shoved to tower with stacks upon stacks upon stacks.

Now, Panda and I DID have a scripting Cass one a few weeks ago. It was so obvious that it was hilarious.
that was funny.
nasus? you better know how to farm
evelynn? shit champ, useless without tons of ganks
*dies 4 times to ziggs before second blue spawns*

but we had a jinx to hypercarry his useless ass, so it worked out.

explain to me how using only the client, you can determine that your opponent is using:

- crit % runes
- crit damage runes
- cdr runes
- armour/magic pen runes
- mana/health regen runes
-gp5 runes

because a third party app will tell you that and it's somehow not a problem. I'm not really clear why information not accessible in game is deemed less of an issue compared to information accessible in game + some basic math. The idea that automatically adding 6 minutes to 18:43 is some serious breach of skillcap seems laughable to me.

who says that they don't have a problem with that and aren't doing something to address it?

like, them adding jungle timers/sorting out the Curse Voice does not exclude any work on any other issues.

this is common sense. what are you arguing with me for? I told you some of their reasoning and you're whining at me about the lolnexus situation. I don't know what's going on with that and I have no influence :/

use your head man.

pigeon

Banned
I'm interested in how exactly the timers are implemented for the buffs, since players often try to time the opponent's buffs without actually seeing them die.

I'm guessing we'll have the option of starting them manually, since otherwise they don't really work to prevent bookkeeping. Maybe they'll start automatically if you see the death, but can also be started manually?

I'm interested in how exactly the timers are implemented for the buffs, since players often try to time the opponent's buffs without actually seeing them die.

I'm guessing we'll have the option of starting them manually, since otherwise they don't really work to prevent bookkeeping. Maybe they'll start automatically if you see the death, but can also be started manually?

Was just discussing this a few mins ago.

I doubt they'll allow you to do it manually. If your team doesn't see it die I doubt you'll be able to do anything with the timer. Would be nice though.

Will see when I get on the PBE later.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
who says that they don't have a problem with that and aren't doing something to address it?
2+ years of nothing.

like, them adding jungle timers/sorting out the Curse Voice does not exclude any work on any other issues.
my point is curse voice's gameplay impact was never inconsistent with their existing approach to third part apps.

this is common sense. what are you arguing with me for? I told you some of their reasoning and you're whining at me about the lolnexus situation. I don't know what's going on with that and I have no influence :/

use your head man.
What you think i want you to call up your friends at riot and personally argue against lolnexus for me? lol son. it's a forum, we're just talking.

brian!

i mean if phillip is c0rrect about their concerns
that means curse can make as many customizable overlays they want after this comes out since it's already in the client

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think I'm okay with timers. As has been said, they don't really remove a skill gap from the game, as the whole thing was basic memorization anyway. They'll only really make a difference in low elo, which I think will benefit everyone and help to put a larger focus on objectives.

drawkcaB

What's wrong with his shield?

On the technical side of things it has a separate AA animation that interacts with the skill in an odd way. If you land the first AA (right-to-left anchor swing) then the second AA (left-to-right anchor swing) will proc the damage even if the shield burst between the two animations. It leads to odd (albeit mostly small) damage spikes/lapses depending on how Naut and his target are moving.

On the balance side of things, I think it has several issues. I think it's unfair that he loses virtually all his damage when the shield is popped. Also, I actually like the concept behind his shield, that it should act as a soft taunt, but its numbers don't allow it to act that way. Its damage late game doesn't warrant the attention. I'd like to see Riot make it so the next two AAs after the shield is popped proc the DoT (at the expense of reduced shield duration) or mess around with Armor/MR damage scaling or damage scaling based on the numbers of nearby enemy champions, or maybe the amount of champions who have the Staggering Blow countdown timer on them (which I think would make for a fun play pattern of encouraging players to smack everything around them) or, etc.

I don't think all the weaknesses of Titan's Wrath need to be addressed, but right now there's too many downsides to the ability to ever see 'Naut gaining traction in high rank/competitive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom